Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

ConnieNLA
Trainee

Lake Charles, Louisiana
USA
8 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2008 :  4:20:30 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have been contacted to do some reset work for Associated Merchandising Services. I would appreciate any information anyone has on them. Thanks, Connie

Bolan747
Valued Contributor

New Albany, IN
USA
167 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2012 :  7:22:36 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I too have been contacted by them and am wondering if anyone has any experience working with them.
Go to Top of Page

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
548 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2012 :  10:25:30 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Curious here. Do you have a website listed for them? Did they get your info off of Narms? Or did you just get a call or email?
I just went an looked at their site.
They are a member of Narms they say. Don't have a listing for jobs,but you can send in your resume that they'll look at. So i'm guessing they got your info from Narms maybe.
www.associatedmerchandisingservices.com

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Merchandising The Puget Sound Area and Loving it! Love what you do, do what you love!
Go to Top of Page

Bolan747
Valued Contributor

New Albany, IN
USA
167 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2012 :  1:03:41 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yes, the person who called said they got my information from NARMS and they have the openings listed there.
Go to Top of Page

SteffanieS

USA
44 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2012 :  07:37:35 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am curious too. Posted on Narms.

Steffanie
Go to Top of Page

Cheryl55
Valued Contributor

USA
154 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2012 :  2:05:11 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I had a call from them today. They said they do work for other companies such as Advantage.
Go to Top of Page

LarryT
Star Contributor

USA
668 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2012 :  7:55:19 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
This company appears to be very unresponsive as many
staffing/fill-in company's are in this industry.
Go to Top of Page

Sandie_CA
Valued Contributor

CA
USA
149 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2012 :  07:24:59 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anybody actually worked for them? This thread is pretty new. I wonder if the company is, too.

Sandie * MSPA Gold
I have video equipment and love route shopping.
Go to Top of Page

Nick_S
Contributor

Los Angeles, California
USA
99 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2012 :  09:14:49 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sandie_CA on their website (associatedmerchandisingservices.com/about.php), it states:

"Since our inception in 1993, AMS has been a majority women owned business. We focuse our coverage in Texas, Oklahoma and Lousianna and have merchandising experience in all trade channels."

They have a project in my area (Los Angeles, CA) this month (September 2012) that I'm trying to sign-up for now. Yet I'm waiting for details from them in regards to how to sign-up to do the project, and I'm also trying to find out about how they pay (i.e. PayPal, automatic deposit, check, and how long does it take to get paid).

Yet I will post current information that I find out about this company (when I have it available), based on my experience. So hopefully it will help those out there seeking to work for this company for the first time.

Nick
Go to Top of Page

Jenny41
Star Contributor

Ohio
USA
745 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2012 :  01:44:15 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have several upcoming local resets booked for them, pay seems on the high end and for organization and responsiveness they get an A+ so far.
Go to Top of Page

Nick_S
Contributor

Los Angeles, California
USA
99 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2012 :  09:22:21 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I know that I am nitpicking here, but I just noticed that this company has spelled (2) two words wrong in their “about us” section of their website. They misspelled “focus” and “Louisiana”. : - ( How could this “maybe” company of substance misspelled two very simple words in the very beginning of their website? :-(

The second paragraph of their “about us” states:

“Since our inception in 1993, AMS has been a majority women owned business. We focuse our coverage in Texas, Oklahoma and Lousianna and have merchandising experience in all trade channels.”

Nick
Go to Top of Page

Nick_S
Contributor

Los Angeles, California
USA
99 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2012 :  09:29:18 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jenny41

I have several upcoming local resets booked for them, pay seems on the high end and for organization and responsiveness they get an A+ so far.

Jenny41, have you already done work for them before or is this your first time working for them? If you have worked for them before, what was the procedure to get signed-up with them and how do they pay (i.e. PayPal, automatic deposit, check), and how long did it take you to get paid?

Thus far, they have only contacted me via an email mail that I sent to them via the NARMS system (when I saw the job posting), so they could also see my NARMS profile at the time. Yet it would seem that they would at least want to have some signed I.C. paperwork from me, before I do the one day only project for them.

Nick
Go to Top of Page

Jenny41
Star Contributor

Ohio
USA
745 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2012 :  2:42:04 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I contacted them via NARMS, received a phone call, accepted, received an email to their HR company, electronically signed all my ppw. My first reset is Wednesday. They mail checks on the 1st and 15th of each month.
Go to Top of Page

Nick_S
Contributor

Los Angeles, California
USA
99 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2012 :  2:58:21 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jenny41

I contacted them via NARMS, received a phone call, accepted, received an email to their HR company, electronically signed all my ppw. My first reset is Wednesday. They mail checks on the 1st and 15th of each month.

Jenny41, thank you very much for getting back to me, I appreciate it very much.

Alas, I have not heard any more from the contact person that made email contact with me, in regards to asking me which stores I wanted to work. I had answered the NARMS ad on September 1st, I heard back from their contact person via email on the 5th (but the contact person does not have a phone number in their email). I sent the contact person the store information that I wanted to work at and requested information about how to sign-up with their company (I sent the email about 2 hours after receiving it from the contact person), yet I have not heard anything back from them and the job starts this coming Saturday. Yet at this point, I’m no longer going to hold my breath waiting for this project, because it is starting to get kinda late in the week now, and I have not heard from their contact person, and I have no paperwork from them for them to process, so I can get into their system.

Yet please let me know how things turn out for you, when you actually start working for them, and please let me know if you were paid on time . . . That way, I will know what I might can expect, the next time they offer work in my area. Good luck to you.

Thanks again :-)

Nick
Go to Top of Page

Nick_S
Contributor

Los Angeles, California
USA
99 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2012 :  08:31:50 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Okay I wanted to provide an update. Well today was suppose to be my big day to work for this company, but unfortunately, my contact person at this company has been unresponsive after my waiting patiently for 10 days since the contact person first wrote to me and my replying back to them within 2 hours of their “first and only’ reply to me. Since I know the nature of this business, I know that it can generally take time to get the final details of a work project once a work offer has been made and accepted. Thus is why I really did not worry too much about not hearing from the contact person for several days.

Since there is not a lot of current feedback on this company, I just wanted to post my experience and thoughts of this company, so at least there will be some current feedback as of today (09-15-12).

On August 31, 2012, I saw that this company had posted an ad on NARMS, for great pay for a 9 hour "one day only" merchandising project (in the Los Angeles area). I replied to the ad on September 1, 2012. Then on September 5, 2012 I received an email from a contact person basically telling me the store locations that were still open and they wanted me to state what store I wanted to work at. I wrote back in less than 2 hours, providing the store location along with requesting for sign-up information. At that point, I never heard from the contact person again.

With that said, I would say that it seemed strange that this company did not come forth by the time they contacted me personally, about completing their sign-up paperwork. So when this issue was not discussed by the contact person in their very first email to me, it made me uncomfortable, since I want to know before I work for a company, when and how I will I be paid. So even though they wrote the one and only time offering me a store location I could work, it also made me uncomfortable that they never contacted me again.

Thus far, I have never had a company that contacted me (via my dealing with NARMS) with a job offer, flake-out on me like this. Normally whenever I have been contacted with a job offer from any company on NARMS, the company always told me during the first communication what I needed to do to sign-up with their company and or provide information how I would be paid.

Yet overall considering my experience with this company, I will not be applying for work with them again, because they do not seem to have their act together in regards to hiring workers (in my opinion), and I would worry too much about working for them and having to chase them down to be paid.

Yet it is good to hear, that some of you that have worked for this company, that you received your sign-up paperwork (in a timely manner), worked for them, and got paid / had an overall good & positive experience with this company.

Nick
Go to Top of Page

DChristine
Valued Contributor

USA
196 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2012 :  11:12:12 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Nick_S I've never worked for Associated Merchandising Services but I believe this was a 3rd party project. There were many companies trying to help get all the stores covered for this project. Another company may have covered those stores first. Whether they did or not they should of let you know. I recently had the same thing happen with another company.
Go to Top of Page

Nick_S
Contributor

Los Angeles, California
USA
99 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2012 :  12:47:06 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Dchristine, thank you very much for your feedback. I appreciate it very much.

I will say, that contact person should have at least contacted me again to say that it was a “no go”, rather than leaving me hanging out to dry. Yet from now on, I will not have to worry about them, since I will no longer apply for any future jobs they post online anywhere. I have put them on my list of companies that I will not work for / work for again. Yet again, this is the very time I have had something like this happen. I'm used to a company "not" replying back at all (once I write to them about a job), when I see a job listing of there's on places like NARMS. Yet this is the first time, I was contacted where they seemed to want me to work, but then never hearing from them again :-(

Nick
Go to Top of Page

Sue A
Star Contributor

USA
359 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2012 :  6:26:18 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
In my area this company and another company had the same stores listed. The other compnay was paying $2.00 more an hour. I didn't apply for the job, but a friend of mine did with both companies and she got the 2 stores she wanted from company #2. And thsi company never did contact her back either about the job.

Sue A
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Jenny41
Star Contributor

Ohio
USA
745 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2012 :  05:20:56 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sue, same thing here. Unfortunately I had already accepted from this company before company number 2 called. I went the first day but store had changed the dates and failed to notify all staffing companies. Tomorrow is gonna be day number 1 again. Since it is local, I will go and see what happens. Will let everyone know.
Go to Top of Page

Nick_S
Contributor

Los Angeles, California
USA
99 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2012 :  11:13:10 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sue A

In my area this company and another company had the same stores listed. The other compnay was paying $2.00 more an hour. I didn't apply for the job, but a friend of mine did with both companies and she got the 2 stores she wanted from company #2. And thsi company never did contact her back either about the job.

Sue, thank you for the update. I wish I had known that there was a second company that was offering this project, because I would have tried to apply with them as well, if they had an ad out there offering work in my area. Yet I had only seen an ad for this project offered by Associated Merchandising Services :-(

Nick
Go to Top of Page

DChristine
Valued Contributor

USA
196 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2012 :  1:42:02 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I seen 4 companies offering this project. I work for the company with the contract but they were having a very hard time getting people to sign up for it. I guess that happens when you see the 3rd party companies offering up to $4.00 more dollars an hour.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition ® Copyright © All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.45 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums