Previous Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Ray Sola
Volition.com Staff

Prescott, AZ
USA
3071 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2010 :  10:40:50 AM  Visit Ray Sola's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
NikkisPennies

I know you are still active as you were on the today. However your email is bouncing, so I had to change your password and delete any subscriptions.

undeliverable to freepennies@xxxxx.com

Body of message generated response:
554 delivery error: dd Sorry your message to freepennies@xxxxx.com cannot be delivered. This account has been disabled or discontinued [#102].
Go to Top of Page

Ray Sola
Volition.com Staff

Prescott, AZ
USA
3071 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2010 :  10:47:46 AM  Visit Ray Sola's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Avery

I know you are still active as you posted today. However your email has been bouncing all week, so I had to change your password and delete any subscriptions.

Ray
Go to Top of Page

Avery
Valued Contributor

Salida, Colorado
USA
180 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2011 :  1:43:05 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ray Sola
Avery

I know you are still active as you posted today. However your email has been bouncing all week, so I had to change your password and delete any subscriptions.

Ray
Hi, Ray!

Thank you. I have just two quick questions for clarification:

(1) do the e-mail addresses that "bounce" back to you happen to all belong to subscribers of "@comcast.net" ? The reason I ask is that two other organizations from which I regularly receive e-newsletters have had problems specifically and only with Comcast. One newsletter editor in Great Britain gets her subscriber e-mails returned for "spamming" once every year -- even with people like me who have subscribed for almost a decade! -- and only from Comcast subscribers.

(2) is the "bounce-back" you're getting specifically referring to the volume of e-mails going to one address? In other words, is that why you've had to delete subscriptions? (Just curious.)

PS: Hopefully helpful note for others: I keep an archive of notification-mails for each topic to which I subscribe, thus, when I need to look something up or, as in this case, reconstruct my subscriptions, I only need to click on each link within each old notification e-mail to re-subscribe if the topic is still active.
Go to Top of Page

Ray Sola
Volition.com Staff

Prescott, AZ
USA
3071 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2011 :  11:11:27 AM  Visit Ray Sola's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Intermittent undeliverables do not get your password changed. I do that usually when I get the NO SUCH ACCOUNT emails.
Go to Top of Page

Ray Sola
Volition.com Staff

Prescott, AZ
USA
3071 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2011 :  10:39:38 AM  Visit Ray Sola's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
DebbieCK

I know you are still active as you were on the today. However your email is bouncing, so I had to change your password and delete any subscriptions.

Unknown user: debbieck@ xxx.net

RCPT TO generated following response:
550 5.1.1 unknown or illegal alias: debbieck@ xxx.net
Go to Top of Page

JudyK
Star Contributor

Eau Claire, WI. 54703-1729
USA
1349 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2011 :  11:30:25 AM  Send JudyK an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Ive change internet providers and want to change my email address. HOW does one do that??
Go to Top of Page

Ray Sola
Volition.com Staff

Prescott, AZ
USA
3071 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2011 :  07:54:53 AM  Visit Ray Sola's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JudyK

Ive change internet providers and want to change my email address. HOW does one do that??

Click on you name in the upper left, and edit your profile.
Go to Top of Page

Ray Sola
Volition.com Staff

Prescott, AZ
USA
3071 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2012 :  5:09:44 PM  Visit Ray Sola's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Dar-L

I know you are still active as you were on the in March. However your email is bouncing, so I had to change your password and delete any subscriptions.

Could not deliver message to the following recipient(s):
Failed Recipient: dawhite@xxxx.com
Reason: Remote host said: 550 No such user (dawhite) -ERR dawhite@xxxx.com not found
Go to Top of Page

Ray Sola
Volition.com Staff

Prescott, AZ
USA
3071 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2013 :  10:40:53 AM  Visit Ray Sola's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Probably due to some idiot sending their subscribed emails to a spam folder, I am getting flagged as a spammer from certain mail providers.

If you subscribe to something, then UNSUBSCRIBE when you no longer want it. Don't flag it as spam.

Anyone who is on these services is having all their subscriptions deleted when I get these bounced emails.
Go to Top of Page

Avery
Valued Contributor

Salida, Colorado
USA
180 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2013 :  9:24:25 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Could you please tell me why all of my subscriptions have disappeared, again?

The last notification I received from a topic to which I was subscribed was July 8th. I just logged in to check something out, and saw (1) that my password had been invalidated (so I had to renew it), and (2) that several topics to which I was subscribed had postings since July 8th.

Volition is not in my spam folder (never has been), and I've had no problems getting e-mail from any other subscriptions.
Go to Top of Page

Ray Sola
Volition.com Staff

Prescott, AZ
USA
3071 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2013 :  11:27:40 AM  Visit Ray Sola's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Avery
Could you please tell me why all of my subscriptions have disappeared, again?

Read the post directly above yours.
Go to Top of Page

Avery
Valued Contributor

Salida, Colorado
USA
180 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2013 :  7:07:19 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sorry, your July 20th post does not apply to me for any of those reasons.

I'm quite familiar with the workings of such fora, and know not to flag a topic in which I no longer have an interest as "spam." I keep only those subscriptions active in which I am currently interested, and keep links to old topics in a separate folder where I can find them if I need them.

However, there IS a possibility that Comcast has caused you problems because they do that from time to time to random e-lists, for no reason what-so-ever. It's not the fault of your subscribers, it's Comcast's badly-programmed spam-filters. They routinely let through e-mails which are completely obviously spam (i.e., those with utterly bogus subject lines), while "flagging" one out of ten e-mails from legitimate senders (like MS and Survey companies). None-the-less, at least in my case, not a single e-mail from Volition has ever appeared in my spam folder. Nor have I had any issues with my own personal e-mail lately.

Go to Top of Page

Ray Sola
Volition.com Staff

Prescott, AZ
USA
3071 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2014 :  10:00:19 AM  Visit Ray Sola's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
TinaMarie

I know you are still active as you were on here last week. However your email is bouncing, so I had to change your password and delete any subscriptions.

Failed Recipient: floridashopper@xxxxx
Reason: Remote host said: 550 5.1.1 The email account that you tried to reach does not exist.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums