Printer Friendly

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

AmberP
Trainee

Nixa, Missouri
USA
8 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2009 :  5:49:34 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hello, I am new here. I received an email saying I have been approved as a shopper for Monterey Mystery Shopping, but can not find any information about them on here. Has anyone shopped for them before? What can you tell me about them?

Amber P

Servanne
Star Contributor

Silver Lake, MN
USA
2430 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2009 :  8:47:01 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Welcome Amber!
Do you have a link for them? Looks like they are members of the MSPA (quick google search), but if you could copy/paste the e-mail you received, we could better tell you if it's a scam or if it's real.
(Scammers have a way to put things that is almost always the same from one scam to the other , so after a while, it's easier to spot them. )

Servanne
Merrily shopping my way through the Twin Cities, Western Minnesota and beyond...
MSPA Gold Certified since April 2007!
Go to Top of Page

JAngler64
Valued Contributor

Philadelphia, PA
USA
110 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2009 :  05:47:29 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They use CTCSS for scheduling, and also Prophet for reporting. I completed a couple shops for them, and they pay on time as well. The scheduler was fantastic, the reports need detailed information, but everything was straightforward. I will be happy to shop wth them again.

Jeff
MSPA Gold Certified aacxgi
Shopping Eastern Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, NY to Washington, DC
Go to Top of Page

AmberP
Trainee

Nixa, Missouri
USA
8 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2009 :  12:38:21 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
This is the email I received. It looks like their shops are scheduled through ctcss.
Hello shopper, You have been approved as a shopper for Monterey Mystery Shopping. http://montereymysteryshopping.archondev.com/ Please click on "show shops I can accept" to see what shops are availablenow in your area. ALSO, please click on "show shops outside my area" asthere may be shops near you there as well. When you are new to the systemit sometimes takes a while for the site to catch up, so please check bothareas. Thanks, Kim Weathersby (kimforctcss@bellsouth.net)Coast to Coast Scheduling ServicesBe sure and register at www.ctcss.com for additional opportunitiesScheduling on behalf of Monterey Mystery Shopping

Amber P
Go to Top of Page

Servanne
Star Contributor

Silver Lake, MN
USA
2430 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2009 :  4:30:23 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They are definitely legit. I was a bit wary it would be a scam using a real MSC's name. Those have been crawling out of the woodwork lately...

Servanne
Merrily shopping my way through the Twin Cities, Western Minnesota and beyond...
MSPA Gold Certified since April 2007!
Go to Top of Page

LoriB

Appleton, WI
USA
48 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2010 :  2:46:29 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I received an email from this company stating that they were reviewing my application, and noticed that my SN did not match up to my personal info. I emailed them back an explained that I had used my EIN when I applied. They responded with:

"Forgive any misunderstanding, but the W9 information we collect is for an individual, not a business entity. Our company’s policy is to contract specifically with the individual consultant as contractor. This is for a number of reasons, least of which being that we require you to drive to and in many cases operate a motor vehicle for which you must be insured."

I am somewhat confused, because I am the only one who uses my EIN- I am not a company with employees. As long as I am driving my own car, isn't proof of insurance enough? Does this company want you to drive someone else's car?

None of the other 200+ MSCs that I've applied with has not accepted an EIN. There is not much feedback on this company and it just seems kind of odd to me.

Also, the email address that this came to me from was "shopperhelp@piedpipermc.com" and there was no signature on the email. I replied back that I would like their website link, as well as contact info, and that is when they gave me the link to Monterey (which I did actually apply with, although it was a couple of months ago). I never heard of Pied Piper and can't find them discussed anywhere on Volition.

So, can anyone provide any input? At this point I am unsure if I should go ahead and provide my SSN.

Lori B
MSPA Gold Certified and shopping Northeastern WI, including Door County.
Go to Top of Page

Monterey Mystery Shopping
Apprentice

Pacific Grove, CA
USA
1 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2010 :  1:14:37 PM  Visit Monterey Mystery Shopping's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hello to all.

Ray Sola (the owner of this site) was kind enough to pass along your comment, Lori, and I’d be happy to address your question.

For motor vehicle mystery shops--(which is all Monterey Mystery Shopping does; automotive, motorcycle, RV and marine)--MMS enters into agreements only with the individual who may be test-driving a motor vehicle as part of their mystery shop for MMS — no third-parties.

Please call or email any time if you have any questions.

Best regards,

Miles Stearman
shopperhelp@montereymysteryshopping.com
(800) 564-3268

Who is Monterey Mystery Shopping?
Founded in 2003, Monterey Mystery Shopping is the premier mystery shopping provider for the motor vehicle industry. We provide mystery shopping services for all major brands within the automotive, motorcycle, recreational vehicle and marine industries, as well as related industries.

How is mystery shopping for motor vehicles different?
It's familiar, but still interesting. It's serious, but also fun. The assignments take longer-typically 30 to 45 minutes, but the pay is better. The bottom line is that motor vehicle mystery shops make the most of your ability as a skilled mystery shopper, which is why we have found that our shoppers are always looking for additional assignments. There is never a dull moment. Our shoppers evaluate the sales process for exotic automobiles costing $400,000 as well as the least expensive motorcycles and everything in between. No, we don't ask "made up busy-work" questions such as whether or not the restroom is clean. Instead our shoppers follow a clear process to accurately measure and report how motor vehicles are sold at a dealership, step by step.

What does Monterey Mystery Shopping expect from its shoppers?
We prefer to use experienced mystery shoppers who have a solid track record of providing accurate, timely evaluations. Your role is that of an "actor," going through the steps as a motor vehicle buyer. It is important that you remain observant throughout your assignment, since we are looking for your objective response to the question: Did something happen during your visit, or did it not happen? We may sometimes also ask for your opinion, but in most instances we're interested in your objective feedback about what actually happened during your visit. Our best shoppers get the best future assignments. We pay close attention to the responses provided by our shoppers, and reward those shoppers who provide accurate, consistent, objective work.

Miles Stearman
Monterey Mystery Shopping
Go to Top of Page

LoriB

Appleton, WI
USA
48 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2010 :  6:40:16 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the clarification, Miles. I was not aware that your company specialized in motor vehicle shops. It all makes sense now.

Lori B
MSPA Gold Certified and shopping Northeastern WI, including Door County.
Go to Top of Page

Cassy S.
Valued Contributor

Seattle, Washington
USA
131 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2010 :  04:26:14 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JAngler64

They use CTCSS for scheduling, and also Prophet for reporting.....

Can anyone tell me what CTCSS is?

Cassy
Love to shop the greater Seattle area.
Go to Top of Page

MsJudi
Star Contributor

New Jersey
USA
582 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2010 :  05:49:35 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Coast to Coast Scheduling Company = CTCSS

Judi
Go to Top of Page

Vincent442
Contributor

Los Angeles, CA
USA
51 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2010 :  09:15:18 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Decent company to work for--pays on time. If you like to test drive hi end imports its worth it. Seems that they focus on a German import with the 4 interlocked logo as a big client although they also do just about everybody else to some degree. The form is rather long for the $25 although it gets easier with practice(boiler plate form-no variations). Occasionally they post an exotic Italian brand with a rearing horse logo that pays $150 with no test drive required! These are easy to do and a great experience to boot but be prepared to play the role of a trust fund baby or tech billionaire!

Vincent
MSPA Gold
Shopping since 2001
Shopping from Kern County to the Mexican border."from the desert to the sea and all of Southern California".
Go to Top of Page

Kevin S.
Apprentice

Fair Oaks, CA
USA
1 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2013 :  09:07:26 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have shopped with Monterey Mystery shopping now for several years, and they are great to work with. They pay as agreed, and they are there to help you in every way they can.
Go to Top of Page

JenniferML
Valued Contributor

USA
106 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2013 :  2:56:29 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just wish they had more shops in my area!
Go to Top of Page

Sassie Syndee
Apprentice

Ashburn, VA
USA
1 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2013 :  6:55:44 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have had wonderful experiences with Monterey Mystery Shopping. The shops are fun and the schedulers are friendly, helpful and there to answer any and all questions. I'm thrilled to be a shopper for MMS!

Syndee Whiley
Go to Top of Page

CaHanck
Apprentice

Bloomingdale, IL
USA
1 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2013 :  10:41:50 AM  Send CaHanck an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Monterey Mystery Shops is a good organization. They pay on time and the directions on how to do the shops and complete the surveys are clear and easy to follow. I would like to do more shops with them in the future. I would also like to be able to do a couple of shops in 1 day that are located relatively close to each other. I only did this once and it worked out well for my schedule.

Cathleen Hanck
Go to Top of Page

RobRedfern
Apprentice

Kirkland, WA
USA
3 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2013 :  4:16:36 PM  Send RobRedfern an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I requested to be removed as a shopper. The fees for their shops are low for the time required to perform the shop. The shops take at least 2-3 hours to do the shop and complete the report.

I didn't like their schedulers.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition ® Copyright © All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.42 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums