Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 11

PamInCa
Star Contributor

CA
USA
6557 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2003 :  09:58:26 AM  Visit PamInCa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I click on these contests all the time in the hopes of winning something. It hasn't happened yet, but I am not giving up. And, I was wondering who has won stuff and what it was. I did a search and didn't come up with anything.

PamInCa
Author of: "The Essential Guide to Mystery Shopping"

Ray Sola
Volition.com Staff

Prescott, AZ
USA
3099 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2003 :  12:03:14 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I enter lots of contests as I usually verify the ones posted on this forum and I enter all the ones on the Volition.com Contests Page. Unfortunately I have not won much.

Here is what I can remember:
  • Several t-shirts and hats

• A few books

• $50 cash prize

• concert tickets

• $200 FogDog gift certificate and got a really nice tennis racquet with it. (I doubt I would have bought such an expensive racquet on my own.)

• I won a US Dairy Association Contest 2 years in a row. One was a portable BBQ Grill, the other was a 11" TV custom painted like a cow (or a Gateway box)

I do know many people who have won our contests. We have given away many different things over the years including ~5 trips to Jamaica (including airfare), weekends at a NC B&B, ties, humidors, books, dresses, bathing suits, and of course movie related items and guest passes to Advance Screenings.

good luck,
Ray
Go to Top of Page

.StephanieA
Inactive

Redmond, WA
USA
1816 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2003 :  5:52:51 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Just the super soaker that I still have not recieved.

And of course the movie passes.

Shopping WA especially, Redmond, Kirkland, Bellevue, Woodinville and from Tukwila to Lynnwood.
MSPA Gold
Go to Top of Page

MaryLou
Inactive

East County / San Diego, CA
USA
915 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2003 :  5:57:57 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
$2000 cash, instead of a trip to Los Angeles.
Numerous dinner gift certificates
a 2003 Ford Expedition XLT - we chose the options and colors
tons of alcohol related stuff - martini stir sticks? shakers?
artwork
t-shirts
lots of tickets to sporting events, ice shows, movies, etc.

Go to Top of Page

Emma
Valued Contributor

Houston, TX
USA
196 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2003 :  6:53:30 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I won a digital camera on a wrapper from a package of Juicy Fruit gum.
Go to Top of Page

MaryHermann
Valued Contributor

Kalispell, MT
USA
119 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2003 :  7:11:47 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Ray! What's your secret!? I have won only contests that directly related to sales I produced over the years for an automotive company. I have, however, picked the right diet pepsi and won a free pepsi off the lid. Most of my freebies come from sales contests ;)
I don't have too many of those anymore, but vendor work can produce unexpected gifts from the companies I work for. Many tshirts, movies, tickets, money, gift certificates, etc...
I'd like to win a car or a truck or a new mattress or a dog that doesn't eat 20 pounds of dog food a week, or or or....

The voices may not be real, but they sure have some good ideas!
Go to Top of Page

ShaneinMich
Star Contributor

near Grand Rapids, MI
USA
495 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2003 :  7:27:42 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My husband and I are lucky people! We haven't hit it big, but we've won TV's, bikes, cash (no more than $500 here or there), clothing, food products, computer items and the list goes on and on. Since I started MS'ing a year ago I just don't have time to enter sweeps and contests anymore. Every now and then I get the itch and play an instant and win!!!

MSPA Silver Certified
Shopping Western Michigan
Go to Top of Page

Trish_FL

Lithia, FL
USA
11 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2003 :  8:11:35 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Wow MaryLou
Please send some of your contest magic my way
How many contests and sweeps would you say you enter? What legit
contest/sweepstakes sites would everyone recommend? (besides Volition. Sorry Ray)

Trish
Go to Top of Page

PamInCa
Star Contributor

CA
USA
6557 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2003 :  07:31:09 AM  Visit PamInCa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I want to win something, anything.

PamInCa
Author of: "The Essential Guide to Mystery Shopping"
Go to Top of Page

PamShops
Contributor

San Antonio, Texas
USA
72 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2003 :  3:35:56 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I won 100.00 in a drawing from I-say I called everyone I know and told them. This banana has nothing to do with me winning, I just like him.

MSPA Gold
Shopping San Antonio and surrounding areas
"Attitude is a little thing that makes a BIG difference"
Go to Top of Page

CorrineW
Star Contributor

WA
USA
285 Posts

Posted - 02/29/2004 :  11:53:50 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I never win anything, but my 9 year old son has, in the past, one a Sony Playstation with all the extras (he had me call a 1-800 number on the back of an oreo package), a DVD player in a raffle and a 3 minute shopping spree at the local bakery. I have him pick my lotto numbers, but so far, that hasn't paid off yet.

Corrine
MSPA Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

MaryLou
Inactive

East County / San Diego, CA
USA
915 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2004 :  12:23:34 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MaryLou

$2000 cash, instead of a trip to Los Angeles.
Numerous dinner gift certificates
a 2003 Ford Expedition XLT - we chose the options and colors
tons of alcohol related stuff - martini stir sticks? shakers?
artwork
t-shirts
lots of tickets to sporting events, ice shows, movies, etc.

I haven't won anything in months. I enter mostly online, but occassionally through the mail. I have had some great luck in general lately, but no big wins. I could use one of those "remodel your kitchen / bath / bedroom" wins!
Go to Top of Page

Vonette
Star Contributor

Walla Walla, WA
USA
867 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2004 :  11:49:38 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I don't usually enter sweepstakes. However, we HAVE won a few things. We won a playstation game in an instant win game on some breakfast cereal. Don't have a playstation and don't want to buy one, so we sold it on Ebay. We've won concert tickets a couple times off radio station promotions. First time it was U2 and the second time Jars of Clay. Those were fun concerts!

When I used to work for the Marriott Reservation center, hotels from all over the world would come to the center to promote their hotel. They gave away little gifts like keychains and koozies. But they also frequently had drawings for NICE prizes if you filled out a quiz on their hotel. The odds were much better than average since there were only about 500 people to compete against. I once won a drawing for a weekend in Minneapolis, including a couple nights in a bi-level suite downtown, rental car, and tickets to a Twins game. Another time I won a stereo.

Oh, and I almost forgot! Our middle son came SO close to winning a year's supply of diapers and a trip to Dallas in a crawling contest when he was a baby. He won his first heat and got a t-shirt. In the final heat, he was off the starting line first and crawled to within a foot of me, then stopped and sat down and wouldn't budge! I coaxed for at least 15 seconds before another baby crossed the finish line! Bummer!
Go to Top of Page

DonnaYarb
Valued Contributor

Bonaire, GA
USA
244 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2004 :  12:27:19 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
How funny! I just opened my mail after reading this thread and found out that I won a $25 gift certificate from Kohls(my favorite store!)

Previously I've won $1000 on the radio, a 4 day trip to Universal Studios and backpack.

Donna

Donna Yarbrough
MSPA Silver Certification # 4xkrhh
Shopping In Central Georgia
Go to Top of Page

Sambax

Myrtle Beach, SC
USA
30 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2004 :  09:58:24 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just recently won a complete line of Redken hair products from Allure magazine.

Samantha
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie in Burbank
Star Contributor

Burbank, CA
USA
5940 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2004 :  11:05:33 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I won a 19" color tv (my 1st color tv) from an appliance store, one entry. From Blockbuster Video I won a Star Wars something (not sure what it is, still in the box in storage!). 2 tickets to see John Waite and Scandal at the Hollywood Paladium,(that seems like a lifetime ago!).
Yesterday I received a very large box and in it was what looks like a large red and black gym bag with surprise, a tackle box inside. I don't know what contest I entered to win this, I do a lot of online entries. Does anyone know what contest this might have come from?
(It is something from Marlboro, there is a card inside). I can't remember entering anything from Marlboro!

Bonnie
Go to Top of Page

PhyllisM
Valued Contributor

Las Vegas, NV
USA
121 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2004 :  5:04:07 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I haven't won from contests on this forum, but last Friday night I came home from work and found a gigantic box in my hallway and it turns out I won a 2 person fishing boat from Marlboro. The funny part is that I live in an apartment, so I can't even take it somewhere to get it blown up because it would have to sit in my living room.

Phyllis
Go to Top of Page

AdAora
Star Contributor

Deep in the heart of, TX
USA
3770 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2004 :  6:08:20 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Years ago, when I was in college, I won a stereo and a popcorn popper from Casey Kasem's America's Top 10 TV show, when my question was selected to be asked on the air. (He would answer one viewer's question each week, and the viewer would win a prize.) My winning question: Who is the queen of country music? His answer then: Loretta Lynn.

Since then, my well has run dry, other than a few $10 checks from survey companies. The problem is I always dream of winning big, but since I hardly ever enter anything, how can I win?

However, my daughter won a trip to London with 20 other kids, from Cadbury's Chocolates. Parents where not allowed to go ; just chaperones.

Gold certified in TX
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie in Burbank
Star Contributor

Burbank, CA
USA
5940 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2004 :  7:41:46 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Phyllis. Ummm... Both of us won something from Marlboro. Have you ever entered a Marlboro contest? I haven't. I think we might have won something from this forum. Do you enter the Movie Screening Contests in this forum? I do. Now I think this might have been a prize from one of the Movie Promotions. What do you think?

Bonnie
Go to Top of Page

PhyllisM
Valued Contributor

Las Vegas, NV
USA
121 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2004 :  03:44:59 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I believe that I did enter a Marlboro contest a long time ago, but I cannot even figure out what the boat is worth. I didn't receive an affidavit for tax purposes, so I assume that it is under that amount and I didn't have to sign anything when it was delivered. I tried to find the boat on the manufacturer's website but there were pictures and no prices. I enter so many contests, anything is possible.

Phyllis
Go to Top of Page

Mel
Trainee

Memphis, TN
USA
7 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2004 :  8:26:19 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I came home to find the same big box on my doorstep with a red & black bag containing tackle boxes. I don't know what I entered to receive this either, but I know it has something to do with Marlboro.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 11 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.22 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums