Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 11

Bonnie in Burbank
Star Contributor

Burbank, CA
USA
5940 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2004 :  8:55:45 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Mel, Congratulations! Have you ever entered a Marlboro contest? Do you enter the contests in this forum from Volition for the movie promotions? Let me know. I'm stumped!

Bonnie
Go to Top of Page

Mel
Trainee

Memphis, TN
USA
7 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2004 :  9:20:13 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Bonnie! I've entered something with Marlboro before, but it seems like it's been awhile. I have been entering the Volition contests regularly. Maybe that is where we won from. Who knows? I enter a lot of stuff, so I'm not sure. Congrats to you too! I'm new to the forum. Your guys are great!

In the past I've won the following:

A trip to Denver to see Kiss & $500 from a local radio station

A "night on the town" from Glamour magazine - They paid for me, my husband & out friends to take a limo, have dinner, go to a party & spend all the money we wanted on a New Year's Eve party in my town - Awesome night!

I've also won lots of stuff from Jane Magazine. I'm going to start posting their links so you all can enter.

I also won a trip to San Francisco & Napa Valley. My luck has been wearing off lately though!
Go to Top of Page

JenniferMartin
Contributor

San Antonio, TX
USA
99 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2004 :  2:59:07 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I haven't won a ton of stuff so here is my short list which I hope to add to:
Concert tickets to see several 80's bands from a local radio station (sometimes skipping school is a good thing!)
10 Hasbro games from Child magazine (My daughter selected a few, then donated the rest at Christmas time)
An orange swimsuit bag full of Neutrogena Beauty Products from TeenVogue magazine
The odd T-shirt/food product from food wrappers & such

~*~Shopping San Antonio everyday of the week & Pleasanton on the weekends~*~
MSSIC: jennifermartintx
Go to Top of Page

.StephanieA
Inactive

Redmond, WA
USA
1816 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2004 :  9:14:38 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Here's the Jane link

http://www.janemag.com/2001/0204contests/

Shopping WA especially, Redmond, Kirkland, Bellevue, Woodinville and from Tukwila to Lynnwood.
MSPA Gold
Go to Top of Page

Catherine777OC
Contributor

Lake Forest, CA
USA
66 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2004 :  2:20:17 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Today I won a $100 Visa gift card in the Visa Instant Win Game!

Catherine
MSPA Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie in Burbank
Star Contributor

Burbank, CA
USA
5940 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2004 :  5:16:04 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Oh Boy! I received an email a couple of days ago telling me I won a free t-shirt from Splat! It's listed on Volition for contests to win free t-shirts. The email asked me to look at their site and choose the t-shirt I wanted and the size. I love it!

Bonnie
Go to Top of Page

Leisa
Star Contributor

USA
530 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2004 :  11:35:26 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Years ago I won concert tickets to see AC/DC. I also won a Pepsi softside cooler with a cd player. (both from radio stations)

From a contest I won a 1 week vacation at Sandals in Jamaica - that was fabulous!

Two years ago, my then 3 yr old won the Halloween costume contest at a local radio station sponsored by the KIA dealership - the prize - a $250 gift certificate to Toys R Us!!

Last year I won a new VCR from a drawing at our local Power Company. That was so perfect as our other one had just died!

I also won(?) the Marlboro Tackle Box/Duffle Bag - don't remember entering for it so who knows!
Go to Top of Page

KristenH
Star Contributor

Palm Springs, CA
USA
382 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2004 :  7:55:02 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just won a bottle of Vera Wang hand lotion from a Jane magazine contest. I just love Jane...they actually give away prizes I enjoy. Now if I could just win a Plasma TV or some money.

Kristen
Go to Top of Page

CarolynClinePA

Glen Mills, PA
USA
16 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2004 :  2:38:28 PM  Send CarolynClinePA an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
This weekend I recieved a prize that I won from a place called The Pink Slip. I received a Felina bra and undie set worth $50 and they were in my size! I ran outside while my husband was mowing the lawn to show him. He got embarassed and was wondering why I was flinging underwear around!

Carolyn Cline
MSPA Gold Certified ubtckc
Shopping Delaware,Chester and Buck County PA and Wilmington DE.
Go to Top of Page

KimBie
Star Contributor

USA
607 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2004 :  10:55:46 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'd like to ask how many people go to the same sites daily to enter and how many just enter once.

Kim
MSPA Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Emily1960
Valued Contributor

Vernon, Texas
USA
105 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2004 :  9:02:22 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I got this in my email this morning-

Congratulations Emily, you are the winner of the http://shopacrosstexas.com/ Shopping Spree to San Antonio!

Your winnings include:

2-roundtrip tickets on Southwest Airlines

A $500 Gift Certificate to Rivercenter Mall

2-night stay at the Marriott Rivercenter

I entered this about 4 or 5 months ago. I am so excited! My daughter goes to college in San Marcos, which is about 50 miles from San Antonio. She is already planning on how to spend my money at the mall...
Go to Top of Page

Christy_LC
Star Contributor

Lake, Illinois
USA
370 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2004 :  10:51:17 PM  Visit Christy_LC's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I won a GEO Tracker once. It was so great. I signed up at a festival and forgot all about it. About 2 months later my husbnad answered a phone call telling him I had won a car. Of course, I wasn't even home when they called and he thought it was a hoax at first. When I got home he was still in shock, he opened a bottle of champagne and had me sit down and asked "did you sign up to win a car?"

The Tracker had been used as a radio station promo vehicle for the summer and it came with all the call letters on it - pretty gaudy. It was a very exciting thing.

Christy
The shopper formerly known as ChrisLC
MSPA Gold
Go to Top of Page

KristenH
Star Contributor

Palm Springs, CA
USA
382 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2005 :  08:03:31 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just won two cosmetic sets from Jane Magazine! I've won 6 times in the past 3 years. I use to send in post cards to enter, this time I entered online. Check their site every month at www.janemag.com and click under sweepstakes...you could be next.
Go to Top of Page

KerriM
Valued Contributor

La Jolla, CA
USA
120 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2005 :  3:46:26 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've only won litte things: Amazon.com gift certificates, local concert tickets, movie passes, small amounts of cash. But it's a free night out and I've seen a lot of movies I just wouldn't have noticed otherwise (If you ever see a movie called Mercano the Martian out of Buenos Aires, watch it, buy it, share it. It's the best thing I've ever seen). For anyone in the San Diego area, www.signonsandiego.com (the union tribune website) has some nice contests with decent chances of winning.
Go to Top of Page

JanInAlbq
Valued Contributor

Albuquerque, NM
USA
107 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2005 :  6:51:00 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've been "sweeping" for about 3 years I guess. I've won tons of "little things" ...Lucky sweeps seem to be the best. My 17 year old son has benefitted from two big wins, one from a gaming mag that included several hundred dollars worth of Playstation games and accessories and just recently a big win from EBGames.com for XBOX. I win lots of coupons, recently a cookbook holder from the FoodNetwork.com (not that I cook but it made a nice birthday present for my stepmom lol.) My biggest win EVER happened in April from the Swedish Fish sweep..a trip to LA to see a private concert with Ryan Cabrera and Vanessa Carlton. It included airfare,two nights at the Mondrian Hotel on the Sunset Strip and the concert. I took my 14 year old daughter (a Ryan Cabrera freak) and we had a much needed "Mother-Daughter" weekend, it was a VERY well timed win! I wound up spending about $500 cash on meals, attractions, transportation, souvenirs etc but it was SO fun. I now buy Swedish Fish every time I see it. Oh yeah, lets not forget all the free movie passes from Volition.com!! I suppose it helps to be one of the only forum memberd who live in Albuquerque Thanks Ray !
Go to Top of Page

Molly Brown
Star Contributor

HI
USA
324 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2005 :  10:18:02 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
wow..you all have lady luck working for ya!
so far i've won:

A Halo2 Game for x-box back in December from doing a demo online for Att's ogo. It's funny because I actually went on there to figure out how to work the OGO that I was supposed to demonstrate that week.
I still have it...but I have no x-box.

Go to Top of Page

CETillman
Valued Contributor

LA
USA
162 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2005 :  10:21:11 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am definitely hoping to win the prize pack!! Too bad that there are no available places to go to the screenings around here. I have won several free Mountain Dews throughout the years though, I love those things! Nothing else though really, seems like everyone else around me has great luck but me.
I wanna thank all of you that post these interesting tidbits.......keep up the good work!

Cheryl Tillman
Go to Top of Page

PJLaw1
Star Contributor

Nowhereville, NW
USA
370 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2005 :  11:59:30 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I won $1500 from Harris Online Poll. Lot of little junk also.

Philip
Silver Certified
Shopping Eastern NC
Go to Top of Page

HeidiJT

Marysville, OH
USA
22 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2005 :  8:13:30 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I won a $100 Spa-finder gift certificate from Honeysuckle White - one of the first sweeps I entered! It has definitely motivated me to keep looking for more. It gets to be quite addictive.

Heidi
Go to Top of Page

Toni-Girl
Valued Contributor

Ohio
USA
145 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2005 :  07:42:29 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Over the past few months we've been choosing new carpets from the *win a housefull of carpet* contest that I won.

For those that say they never win anything but a few free Pepsi's, I can give you a bit of advice on how to win a little more often. - The prizes will usually be small but useable!

Stick to entering contests where there's enough prizes being given away that you stand a chance to win one.
Like the Keebler - Magic by the Millions instant win game. Your chances of winning are 1 in 2. Sure, they're *only* giving away coupons for cookies but we LOVE those cookies so getting them free is terrific!

I consider anything I can use a wonderful prize!

Some of the things I've won have been
t shirts/hats/beach towels;
Can coolers/soft sided coolers/ice chests;
an infant activity center/books/games/toys for my lttle girl
jewelry
and of course the free Pepsi's, once in a while

Shopping extreme NW Ohio
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 11 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.44 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums