Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
552 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2011 :  8:52:00 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I noticed on the main site it says: as our highly trained merchandisers complete a task, they enter the specifics into our online system using a tablet PC.
Does everyone have one of these? or just special divisions?

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Merchandising The Puget Sound Area and Loving it! Love what you do, do what you love!
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2780 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2011 :  04:43:12 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
the one job that I did for this company, I did not have anything special.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1073 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2011 :  08:08:07 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Does anyone have sign up info? How do I apply?
Go to Top of Page

Valerie68
Apprentice

Bellingham, MA
USA
4 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2011 :  09:34:17 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just received a call from them. They got my info from NARMS. Anyway, it is working with sunglasses in Target. HAs anyone done this type of job? She told me it was 5 to 9 hours a week not including special projects. Any opinions would be helpful.

Valerie
Go to Top of Page

Laura_In_Az
Star Contributor

Tucson, AZ
USA
279 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2011 :  6:01:01 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Target sunglasses is a not this company.
Go to Top of Page

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
552 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2011 :  07:36:24 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The site shows alot of their work is in the Safeways doing gift cards, frozen food resets and other resets of various kinds plus day projects.

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Merchandising The Puget Sound Area and Loving it! Love what you do, do what you love!
Go to Top of Page

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
552 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2011 :  7:06:10 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Valerie68,the one that probably contacted you was:
Retail Merchandising Services Inc. They have a listing on Narms and it shows sunglasses in Target stores.
Have you noticed that all the names just seems to look almost alike for all these merchandising companies or is it just me? I really have to try and keep these companies separate in my mind lately.

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Go to Top of Page

Laura_In_Az
Star Contributor

Tucson, AZ
USA
279 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2011 :  8:23:30 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Target sunglasses are done by Retail Merchandising SERVICES, Inc. This thread is for Retail Merchandising Solutions, Inc, which does work in Safeways. These are two, DISTINCT companies. RMSI (Retail Merchandising Solutions Inc, does NOT work in Target.)
Go to Top of Page

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
552 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2011 :  3:41:45 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They have a number of listings on Craigslist for different merchandisers in our area,so i hope this is a good company to work for. I must admit that a few of them are for the night shift merchandisers which is NOT for me. I go brain dead at 10:30 pm. sharp after working all day! But i did find out that the tablet PC that it speaks of on the main site that merchandisers enter the info into is for those that work the night shift,not the day project merchandisers.

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Go to Top of Page

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
552 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2011 :  5:05:53 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
McBarb,did you ever sign up? If so have they called about an interview? I just completed the day of training yesterday and was on my own today. Not bad work at all i enjoy it,and i don't have to get there right at 6 am- altho with all the work in the stores it's not a bad idea to get there early before the crowds start rolling in.

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Go to Top of Page

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
552 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2011 :  07:58:07 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
For those that work for this company,do you really get the 25 to 30 hrs per week? I notice that the jobs are alot like Crossmark. It's maybe 6 or 8 jobs in each store depending on what needs to be done,but it's 10 minutes for one,15 for another,40 for another etc. Each has a time restriction which naturally matches the time date that is stamped into each of the pictures that you have to take with the camera they let you use. I'm finding it's taking me about half the time to get these done. Or maybe i just need to slow down a bit. I do have a tendency to get things done alot faster than most.

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Go to Top of Page

Jerry246
Trainee

Citrus Heights, CA
USA
5 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2011 :  4:24:56 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
i HAVE DONE MANY JOBS FOR Retail Merchandising Solutions inc AND HAVE NEVER HAD A PROBLEM. FUN JOBS, GOOD PAY, ON TIME PAY, VERY EASY TO WORK FOR. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

Jerry B
Go to Top of Page

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
552 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2011 :  4:27:32 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Well i thought it was just me,but 6 other people that were hired at the same time as me have also quit(given their notices)for this entire area. There is regular openings listed on Craigs list,every 3 to 4 weeks like clockwork. The manager for this area unfortunately has a very negative reputation in the stores here. I would get the managers asking me after she had left-what was wrong with her,very loud,talking about her private life,employees,inlaws etc. Would of loved to stay but not getting paid for drive time(because it's in my assigned area) even tho it's a 1 1/2 drive one way there for a 10 minute job that must be done that day is not something i can do alot of. Would get all the jobs done in a day and then get another assigned a day later that HAD to be done right away.
I did think it was interesting that the jobs were paid by minutes-10 minutes here,5 there and uploading pictures 5 minutes there admin time 5 minutes there. Lots of regular paper work and printing,printing,printing.

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2780 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2011 :  03:59:23 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Kelly, sorry to hear that you had a bad experience. Some managers are just jerks. Personally I would not have taken an area that far from me, but that's my situation. I only did one job for them, and everything went ok from what I remembered. I haven't checked their website for several weeks, even.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
552 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2011 :  10:46:32 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks MarlaB. We found out alot of things after we were hired. The recruiter who calls about the job trying to get you to come work for the company will tell you something very different than the actual manager that you'll be working for.
Like "it's very,very flexible,you can schedule it around your other jobs, no pressure, the stores are close to home,you have control of your own scheduling and can change it when ever you need to as long as you get the jobs done by the due date etc." It wasn't until we started working for the manager that we found out she has control of the scheduling board-not you( and WOW did she get mad if you called her to change the dates for the other companies you work for), stores are added from all over,the jobs are paid by the minutes just to name a few. I think she kept adding on different stores because she can't keep people working for her. Every time someone quit she would call and tell me i had to go all over to get her work done.

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2780 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2011 :  12:37:46 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm sorry, I don't just take someone else's work. My managers know this and they ask IF I can do it, before it's assigned to me. And if someone DEMANDS me do something that I don't want to do, IT isn't happening. I never had an area, and don't really want to do area assignments.

I have that with 1 company, but they have so many positives that outweigh that negative.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

MikeRMO

MO
USA
37 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2012 :  01:23:06 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
http://rmsicareers.com/

for those of you who have Safeway stores nearby, or other named grocers, such as Dominicks,
(within the Safeway family)

Mike
Go to Top of Page

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
552 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2012 :  12:58:21 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
For those that work in the Safeways for RMSI: What is the differance between a Merchandiser Level 3 and a Project Merchandiser besides the pay in some states?
I'm guessing the project merchandiser is doing resets by reading the description?
I talked with one of the supervisors and it sounds like it's all the same.
Both have to take lots of pictures,cut in new items,place tags besides the ton of computer work when you get home.
Sounded like you have to put in the minutes in starting and ending,uploading pictures,signing on the computer for each item etc.

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Go to Top of Page

MindyZ
Star Contributor

Hesperia, CA
USA
473 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2012 :  6:10:37 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Any recent feed back? Hubby applied and was contacted today, the recruiter said it was for the Southern CA area, San Diego to Frisco and points East.
They do want to hire us both though.
Just curious if anybody has worked night shifts remodeling stores (grocery) we've done a few but we are more interested if anybody has experience with them?
Sounds good, full time work, not sure about bennies, mileage/drive time, per diem is kinda low at $20 a day but we rarely use that much, the travel is there which we like, but....night work?

MindyZ

Mindy
Go to Top of Page

Big Sue
Star Contributor

USA
673 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2012 :  9:59:30 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MindyZ

Any recent feed back? Hubby applied and was contacted today, the recruiter said it was for the Southern CA area, San Diego to Frisco and points East.
They do want to hire us both though.
Just curious if anybody has worked night shifts remodeling stores (grocery) we've done a few but we are more interested if anybody has experience with them?
Sounds good, full time work, not sure about bennies, mileage/drive time, per diem is kinda low at $20 a day but we rarely use that much, the travel is there which we like, but....night work?

MindyZ

Since when is San Francisco considered Southern California? lol It's in Northern California. That would be a huge drive form San Diego to San Francisco. Are you then salary? So you are not paid for all the hundred of hours you would be driving a month and just paid a salary no matter if you are driving or doing the re-sets? And who the heck can eat decent/healthy food, not just crappy junk food, on the road for $20.00 a day per diem? Seriously? I mean it's not like going to the grocery store and going home to cook. Do they pay you mileage or just gas for your vehicle? If it's just gas, that's a lot of driving and wear and tear on your car, tires, oil changes, etc. What about motel/hotel expenses? And being on the road and working nights is way different than working nights close to home and being able to drive home in the morning instead of to a motel, pack up your stuff, drive to a new location the next day, check into a motel, unpack and try to sleep and then work all night and repeat.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.48 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums