Marie In Chicago
Mega Contributor

Chicago, IL
USA
62076 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2009 :  12:11:57 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
http://lockerz.com/
If you want an invite please email me through Volition

"There's a new site called Lockerz that will offer the coolest brands at the lowest prices, exclusive video and music and the hottest games... all in one place. You'll really like LOCKERZ PTZ (or "POINTZ"). PTZ are Lockerz' proprietary loyalty "currency" that you earn whenever you buy, watch, play, share, invite friends, or even just show up on Lockerz. Redeem PTZ for incredible prizes, great products and dream experiences."

Too Good to Be True? Why are we doing this? To thank you for joining early. To build a Lockerz community of cool, stylish, cutting-edge people who love to buy great brands. To give you a taste of how PTZ will work when we go live this fall. And to test out different prizes and PTZ levels. That’s key. This version of PTZ Place is a test. PTZ levels will change when the full Lockerz site launches.

Lockerz is set to launch sometime in the Fall 09. Members who sign up now will get to explore and help shape the site before the launch. We hope you'll join us.

I received the above quote in an email directly from Lockerz.com . A friend invited me to join which is an invite only site.
Must be patient though, it can take anywhere from 5 minutes to several hours for the invite to show up in your email....it will most likely go into your spam file.

Why am I requesting feedback?
This seems too good to be true and we all know the old saying to that.

The site is in pre-launch and expected to take off October 2009, although you can start earning points (PTZs) now.
I look up anything and everything I can about a web site if I get those little question marks pop up in my head.

I Googled the words "Lockerz legit?" and "Lockerz.com scam?" and read with interest many comments. Seems to be half and half of whether this is a legit site or not.

Site Information:
Domain Name: LOCKERZ.COM
Registrar: NETWORK SOLUTIONS, LLC.
Whois Server: whois.networksolutions.com
Referral URL: http://www.networksolutions.com
Name Server: NS1.SCALR.NET
Name Server: NS2.MYDYNDNS.ORG
Name Server: NS2.SCALR.NET
Updated Date: 14-may-2009
Creation Date: 15-mar-2001 (Took them 8 years? I thought the site was in pre-launch. That makes me wonder if the Domain was for sale and sold recently, I'll have to look that up.)

Registrant:
Savitt, Kathy
ATTN: LOCKERZ.COM
c/o Network Solutions
P.O. Box 447
Herndon, VA. 20172-0447

Administrative Contact, Technical Contact:
Savitt, Kathy
Email:
fb4hh7yw8u3@networksolutionsprivateregistration.com (Hmm, private?)

But....I found a picture of someone showing they really did get their PTZs (a bracelet). (I removed the persons face)

Jason Eggleston

Struthers, OH
USA
25 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2009 :  7:23:14 PM  Visit Jason Eggleston's Homepage  Send Jason Eggleston an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have been looking into Lockerz.com for a couple days now.
It seems that the verdict is still out on the site.
I did come across a forum that had a proof picture posted of a Macbook Pro although most say that the picture was not authentic. I cannot find the original forum that it was posted and disproved on.

I guess time will tell.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Forum Tip:

Know someone who would be interested in this topic? Just click Email Topic above.

Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition ® Copyright © All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums