Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Helen Jean Harris
Valued Contributor

Mesa, AZ
USA
149 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2009 :  2:59:24 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am to install and maintain reading glass displays in Bed,Bath & Beyond stores. It will be every 14 days with flexible hours. Pay is $15 per hour. Direct deposit to. Sounds like my manager will be great! Want to hear your experiences..

http://www.select-a-vision.com/careers/index.php

Thanks
Jean

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2009 :  5:23:20 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
SMP services Select-A-Vision in Office Depot, are you actually working for Select-A-Vision themselves?

Marla
Go to Top of Page

JudyH

Westfield, MA
USA
30 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2009 :  6:33:37 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I work directly for Select A Vision. I service the Christmas Tree Shop. I am given a certain amount of time to service my store, but if I have to work longer they always compensate me. They are a good company to work for.

Judy
Go to Top of Page

LHofsdal

Canastota, NY
USA
28 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2009 :  4:13:49 PM  Send LHofsdal an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I have worked for Select-A-Vision for over a year now. EXCELLENT COMPANY!!!!. Tom, the National Merchandiser is the greatest boss you can ask for. Never had a pay problem, always paid on time with no errors in my check. They pay on or about the 12th of every month. I do the eye glass racks in Price Chopper grocery stores. I love this job and this company. Tom is great and if you have any problems he is always easy to reach.

Hope this helps.

Lori
Go to Top of Page

TeriZoo41

USA
14 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2009 :  10:39:19 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote

Teri
Go to Top of Page

TeriZoo41

USA
14 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2009 :  2:29:22 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yes Tom who is my manager also. I really messed up a couple of times and not got my surveys done on time and he never yells at me. lol He such a nice guy. I feel so much worse when I make a mistake because he's so nice about it. I'm telling you if I could do this full time I would. This is the BEST company to work for. I work for them and try to get their product in good locations because I don't want them to go out of business. lol I try to take good notes for the. Pay is good. My only complaint is I can't get more work.

Teri
Go to Top of Page

BarbaraLS

CA
USA
25 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2010 :  6:54:50 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Anything new on Select A Vision? I just noticed today that they have installed reading and sun glasses in Save Mart. Does anyone have a person to contact about working for them? I looked on their website but there isn't anything there.

Thanks!

BarbaraL
Go to Top of Page

MargieG
Valued Contributor

USA
143 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2010 :  4:18:08 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
SAV posts on NARMS when they're are looking for merchandisers. You would respond to the NARMS posting to apply.

Margie
MSPA Gold Certifed since 2004
Go to Top of Page

Laura_In_Az
Star Contributor

Tucson, AZ
USA
307 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2010 :  5:22:32 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I do one Bed, Bath & Beyond for them. Great company. Very organized. Pay on time (via direct deposit). Excellent communication via email, if I have a question or issue. I highly recommend.
Go to Top of Page

Mary R.
Valued Contributor

IL
USA
125 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2012 :  05:32:47 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Any updates on this company??
I would like to apply for a job but no information on their website. Does any one have contact info??

Mary
Go to Top of Page

MargieG
Valued Contributor

USA
143 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2012 :  05:38:26 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Select-A-Vision only takes applications if there is an opening. They post openings on NARMS. It's a great company to work for.

Margie
MSPA Gold Certifed since 2004
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1664 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2012 :  1:56:05 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am so psyched. I start next week at a local grocery store chain. Pay is very good and it is IC. I saw an ad at Narms and applied immediately.
Go to Top of Page

Big Sue
Star Contributor

USA
784 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2012 :  11:48:21 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Lucky you!!! Congrats! I love doing glasses. I keep hoping they will have an opening at some point in my area. Hope it goes well. Let us know.
Go to Top of Page

BekkiCat
Star Contributor

Charlotte, NC
USA
296 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2012 :  1:24:32 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Can't even find Selct-A-Vision on NARMS so I guess there has to be an opening in your area. Darn it.

Bekki
Gold-certified
Undercover Essentials video-certified
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1664 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2012 :  08:01:42 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Big Sue...thanks!
Yes, there has to be an opening first before you can apply. NMR service (in the same store)is on hold now so this came in handy and since it is IC, I can claim the miles.
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1664 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2012 :  05:59:24 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just submitted my first service call and order. Now I have to fax the parts order. It was very easy and did not take long.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2012 :  09:27:32 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
they are hiring for Marsh supermarkets in my area, how are they to work for? Ad is stating $20 flat fee per visit, 75-90 minute expected time per visit. Is that enough for the in=store time plus entering work?

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Laura_In_Az
Star Contributor

Tucson, AZ
USA
307 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2012 :  2:49:16 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I do 2 Bed Bath and Beyond stores for them-reading glasses only, no sunglasses. I go in every 2 weeks, put out the order (if it arrived), straighten, dust, take pictures of the display, and place another order. Entering the data on line for the new order and the pictures takes less than 10 minutes. They are great to work with. Very easy to reach and the on line system is easy for data entry. Pay is good. Once a month, like clockwork, direct deposit. Never an error or delay in pay. This year I received a Harry and David gift from them! Delicious. I highly recommend.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2012 :  5:20:10 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks, I'm considering applying. We have a BBBY also in my town.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1664 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2012 :  07:20:04 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My visits are at a grocery store. There is a reading glass tower and a sunglass tower. They also get promo displays. The time is enough unless the store does not check in the product I ordered before I get there. I call and leave a message for the General merchandise manager as to when I am going and ask for her to please check in the product. I do not discuss wages....so not cool.

Great company to work for. No taxes are taken out so it is IC.
Go to Top of Page

KimG
Star Contributor

Orlando, FL
USA
628 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2014 :  04:57:51 AM  Send KimG an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Anything new on this company? I have an interview Monday, sounds great, really good pay for what the job is. Hope I get it, I need a little extra since RMS lost the sunglass contract.

Kim
silver certified njtwnf
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.33 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums