Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

Cheri_P

NC
USA
36 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2009 :  5:29:44 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anyone else received an email from MarketStat?
www.marketstatreporting.com

I don't want to sign up until I know they are legit and not just gathering my information.

Dear XXX,

I sincerely hope that this letter finds you doing well. You have been sent this e-mail because you have at some point in the past; inquired about or completed a Mystery Shop for Consumer Critique, Inc.. Our company, MarketStat, LLC. has recently partnered with Celia and her staff to enhance the services being provided to the companies that we serve. These changes will drastically improve the benefits that both you and our clients receive.

Just some of the improvements you will notice include:

Enhanced Reporting Features
24/7 Access to Information
Greater Control & Ease
Faster Response Times
Greater Number of Shopping Opportunities
Improved Payment Process (PayPal Required)
Our number one goal is to offer to you with the best possible tools to provide exceptional service. I personally recognize the impact that you have in providing our clients great service. I sincerely hope that you will help us take our offering of Customer Service Evaluations (Mystery Shops) to the next level.

In making this change, we will need you to please register for a
New Log-In ID - www.marketstatreporting.com

Please feel free to call us 888.515.STAT should you have any questions.

I would like to personally wish you continued success and we look forward to working with you soon!!

Sincerely,

Chris Levy
President, MarketStat, LLC

Sandi G
Star Contributor

Tallahassee, FL
USA
912 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2009 :  5:52:40 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yep, I got it as well. I haven't done anything about it, yet. I haven't looked yet to see if I have a contact number for CCI, but I thought I might call them to ask for veracity.

--Sandi
traditional & video shopping FL and GA
Go to Top of Page

EKimak0930
Valued Contributor

NJ
USA
239 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2009 :  07:06:46 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I also received the letter from MarketStat.
Not sure if it is legit or not.

Erin
Gold Certified
Shopping Central NJ
Go to Top of Page

Sandi G
Star Contributor

Tallahassee, FL
USA
912 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2009 :  07:18:51 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I went to the website they provided so I could check it out. There's absolutely no information about anything, just a place to put your info. The page says it will be secure, but it's not a secured site.

CC is in Oregon, so I'm waiting until a little later in the day to call. I've only done one shop for them and it was almost 2 years ago, but I really enjoyed it even though I was unprepared for how upscale the dining location was and therefore how extensive the report and narrative was going to be. I wish they had it available again since now I know what to expect and could *really* enjoy it.

--Sandi
Go to Top of Page

Sue 624

MI
USA
33 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2009 :  09:16:32 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I signed up with them today. They have appearance of being legit. After signing up I was sent info on how to log in. They use the shopmetrics system (like on QAMS and ACE company sites) but they had no opportunities listed yet.

Susan
MSPA Gold Certified and Shopping since 2004
Go to Top of Page

BlueAbe
Star Contributor

Mid-Central, Ohio
USA
2090 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2009 :  7:53:23 PM  Visit BlueAbe's Homepage  Send BlueAbe an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I got a invite from these people at an email address I hadn't used for mystery shopping since 2002, when I first got into mystery shopping. I don't know about this one just BECAUSE of it going to THAT email address. I haven't given that email to any company in so long, it's my spam email addie for when I sign up for something that I know I will get spam from (I use it for MSN messenger)

Gold certified since the beginning. Merchandising, Mystery shopping, & Court Research throughout Mid-Central Ohio.
Go to Top of Page

LaurenP
Apprentice

Denver, CO
USA
1 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2009 :  10:11:12 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Well, its starting to look like this place is a scam. I've completed 3 mystery shopping jobs for them, and haven't been compensated. Now they are not returning my emails either. Awesome.

Go to Top of Page

Joyce A H1
Valued Contributor

USA
150 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2009 :  10:20:44 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I took a chance and did several of their shops in the area. Today I received payment from paypal for those completed in September. I will continue to work for them. They were just starting up with the client I did the shops for. They asked for and implemented several suggestions for making their forms, instructions and reporting clearer and easier.
Go to Top of Page

Harvey S.
Star Contributor

Glen Mills, PA
USA
414 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2009 :  8:17:35 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was just referred to them by J.C. & Associates via an email which essentially says that J.C. & Associates will be merged into MarketStat. They promise to pay most assignments within a month.

Harvey
Southeastern Pennsylvania Northern Delaware,"South" Jersey
Go to Top of Page

BeverBob
Valued Contributor

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
USA
132 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2009 :  11:53:40 PM  Visit BeverBob's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Harvey S.

I was just referred to them by J.C. & Associates via an email which essentially says that J.C. & Associates will be merged into MarketStat. They promise to pay most assignments within a month.

Same here, Harvey. i applied and did a search of jobs within 30 miles of my home. I live in Iowa and their website showed me 3 jobs in Washington state. Maybe some bugs to workout?

hmmmm... Their home office is apparently in Overland Park, Kansas and I have a good friend that works in the area.

We shall see.

Bob
Go to Top of Page

RBSawyer
Contributor

Naples, FL
USA
86 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2010 :  12:38:26 PM  Send RBSawyer an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Any recent updates on this company? I am scheduled to do a job for them and am wondering if anyone has any positive/negative payment issues to report.

Robyn B Sawyer
Go to Top of Page

Sandi G
Star Contributor

Tallahassee, FL
USA
912 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2010 :  1:03:30 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Further info from JC & Associates still sounds like they are merging. The same shop I did for JC last month is being scheduled on the MarketStat site this month, so I'm hopeful that it will go as smoothly.

That said, their search still needs to be fixed. The lovely state of Washington is NOT within 50 miles of my home here in Florida!

--Sandi
Go to Top of Page

CharyseH

OR
USA
13 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2010 :  12:01:44 PM  Send CharyseH an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I completed two shops for them in December and was supposed to be paid this week for both of them. As of today I have not been paid, I called to inquire about it and the person said she would check into it. I accepted another shop with them and completed it yesterday and will enter it today. Hopefully I will get paid today, I will post and keep you updated.

Charyse
Happily shopping in OR and WA state
Go to Top of Page

CharyseH

OR
USA
13 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2010 :  11:28:41 AM  Send CharyseH an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did receive payment but it was late by about a week. I don't know if this was a coincidence or not but paypal has this neat feature that you can bill a company for services rendered. I used that feature and I was paid within 2 days. I don't know if it was because of that or because they finally paid but another friend of mine said she used the paypal feature to get paid by a "late paying" company and was paid the next day. Just happy I got my money.

Charyse
Happily shopping in OR and WA state
Go to Top of Page

ChrisThomas
Valued Contributor

USA
118 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2010 :  12:40:57 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am still trying to figure out how to simply confirm a shop was submitted. I can't find a shop history, shops complete or submitted shops anywhere. Strange web page! There isnít even a link to send an email. Once submitted the shop seems to just disappear and we remain in limbo for who knows how long. No way to confirm receipt or accept feedback. Appears very one sided for a company in a service industry that requires immediate 2 way communication.
Go to Top of Page

AmySue

Harrison, Ohio
USA
39 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2010 :  11:54:08 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did two shops for JC & Associates in December and one in January. These shops are suppose to be covered under Marketstat, according to the JC website. I still have not been paid. Marketstat told me they would pay by mid February. I guess I am going to have to try to bill them also. I will not doing anymore shops for them until I am paid.

Amy Sue
Go to Top of Page

ChrisThomas
Valued Contributor

USA
118 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2010 :  1:04:02 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Amy Sue,
How do you know they have the information submitted. I can't even confirm that part.
Go to Top of Page

AmySue

Harrison, Ohio
USA
39 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2010 :  1:13:41 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The shops still showed pending under JC. I contacted MarketStat to ask if they received the shop information. No one could answer that question. They just told me I would be paid mid February. I know they are trying to work the kinks out, but I would like to get paid for work I have performed, without all the hassle.

Amy Sue
Go to Top of Page

Sandi G
Star Contributor

Tallahassee, FL
USA
912 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2010 :  1:48:58 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Chris, if you entered the shops on the JC site, you can click on the My Expenses link and at least see the record of the shop. (it doesn't show up on the My Reports tab, though) On the MarketStat site, try clicking on the My Settings link on the gray bar, then select payment history. It seems to be more a list of fee-generation dates than fee-paid dates.

As I'm also waiting for payment for shops from both Dec and Jan, I went poking around the JC site and found this:

All Payments are being handled by MarketStat LLC. The transition of clients from JCA to MarketStat has caused a delay in payments. Payments for December 2009 Mystery Shops done under JCA will be paid by the end of February 2010. For information on payment schedules, please visit the MarketStat website. Starting in February 2010 [I removed client name] will be the only client operating on the JCA website. All other clients will be on the MarketStat website.

Guess I'll keep waiting a little longer. I'm more concerned about the money from NOVEMBER that a different company owes me. I hope they get the kinks worked out, though, since I enjoyed the store that they shop in my area and the report itself was pretty easy.

--Sandi
Go to Top of Page

Sherry Lyons

Junction City, OR
USA
44 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2010 :  6:22:47 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
When I contacted Chris the owner about payments that I needed to get paid, he had said that Jason had put his little speech on the site before the total sale of the company had gone through. Chris did not get control of everything until after January. I too was owed money from J. C and associates and had the job fall off into oblivion and had another scheduler keep telling me it would be paid. Chris has said that most jobs will be paid within four to six weeks via paypal. I guess if you have old stuff from October, November or December and have receipts and copies of reports I would resubmit them to J C and associates by mail or whatever and send certified mail and ask to be paid. My pay was from Marketstat but it was because we don't know where the report ended up and what happened to it but someone must have found it because I did get paid. Jason site I think had the propensity of having shops going into thin air and couldn't be found. The marketstat site for reporting should have links to reports and payrolls. I have found Chris and his crew to be really helpful.

Sherry Lyons
Go to Top of Page

Sandi G
Star Contributor

Tallahassee, FL
USA
912 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2010 :  06:25:45 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Does this mean we should ignore the payment notice from the site and contact MarketStat now?

--Sandi
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition ģ Copyright © All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.53 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums