Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

JenA

Highland, IN
USA
28 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2009 :  7:41:41 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was just hired by this company to complete merchandising jobs for them, but cannot find any info on them doing a google search. Has anyone here worked for them or have any dealings with them? The email for employment is employment@ascretail.com The website is
http://www.ascretail.com/

I signed up to do a specific store for them, then all of a sudden they said it wasnt available anymore and wont give me any other stores until I send in all of my new hire paperwork.

I found the position on NARMS.

Thanks
Jennifer

Jen

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
552 Posts

Posted - 12/26/2009 :  4:55:07 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I tried going on the BBB,but can't find anything on this company. The website listed for them doesn't give much info either.

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Merchandising The Puget Sound Area and Loving it! Love what you do, do what you love!
Go to Top of Page

TinaKing
Star Contributor

USA
367 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2010 :  4:01:57 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was also hired to work for them. Cant find any feedback
Go to Top of Page

Sandy81
Apprentice

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2010 :  5:04:12 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I worked for ASC Merchandising for 2years. My interview was over the phone as my supervisor was in another state. She was very nice and helpful, but there was never any training. It was pretty self explanatory. Follow the planograms and try and find the product in the stores you are servicing. I was always paid on time. The drawbacks were that upper management had higher expectations than what I was getting paid for. Examples were getting phone calls at odd times to make a special trip to stores to make sure they were perfectly merchandised because Corporate would possibly be visiting the store. Also, if you are doing a good job, they will keep adding stores under the premise that its only temporary, but it wasn't. I was trouble shooting stores that were not doing well and retraining those merchandisers which was ok, but the pay was the same. I finally left the company because the job started to become a full time position which was not what I was looking for. By the way, their full name at that time was AmeriCo. Hope this helps. Good luck

Sandy
Go to Top of Page

Sue A
Star Contributor

USA
376 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2010 :  7:14:11 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
What the pay rate is, how often they pay, how they pay, etc.

Sue A
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

MHostrup

Hollywood, FL
USA
20 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2010 :  11:56:10 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I worked for this company before too. I am still signed up but not currently working for them because it's so slow in my area. They pay on time. They had me do one or two hour light merchandising in Kohl's for mens work out shorts and tshirts. Yes, they are called Americo.
If I recall right, payrate was $10-$12 per hour.

Mary Beth
Go to Top of Page

BrianInGA
Valued Contributor

Columbus, GA
USA
148 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2010 :  04:53:56 AM  Send BrianInGA an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I do a monthly service for menswear in two department stores for them. Communication and payment have always been prompt, and the pay rate seems fair.

Brian
MSPA Silver Certified - Contact me for your shopping and merchandising needs in Columbus, GA and Phenix City, AL
Go to Top of Page

BarbIN
Valued Contributor

OH
USA
171 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2010 :  3:16:56 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My experience with this company was the same as Sandy81's. Upper management had higher expectations than the pay scale allowed. I frequently got requests to "help us out" which translated into "do something special for free". On the whole, this company was not run professionally. We once were sent "anonymous" surveys on upper management and told to be sure and use the return envelopes provided, which had small identification codes handwritten on the back.
Go to Top of Page

TinaKing
Star Contributor

USA
367 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2012 :  10:54:03 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was just looking around the website and came across this company. I have worked with them for 2 years. Always paid on time, pay is good. The DMs are nice. I work 3 stores for them in the mens dept.

Tina
Go to Top of Page

Mary R.
Valued Contributor

IL
USA
125 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2012 :  05:24:24 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
What products in the mens dept. do you work with?? Most of the time is it clothing?? I noticed on their website it also mentioned accessories like sunglass, belts and wallets.

Mary
Go to Top of Page

Mary R.
Valued Contributor

IL
USA
125 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2012 :  08:05:49 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Any updates on this company?

Mary
Go to Top of Page

Mary R.
Valued Contributor

IL
USA
125 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2012 :  06:02:26 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am considering working for this company. I'd appreciate any new updates. Anybody still working for them and do you like the work and how the company is run?

Mary
Go to Top of Page

Sue A
Star Contributor

USA
376 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2012 :  3:43:38 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just did in August a couple of jobs for them in WM shoes & mens wear. It was a one time thing,they may have it ongoing soon.
They paid me just like clockwork.
They have a new website, where you enter your call report and upload your pictures at the same time, no longer have to fax in call report,or send your pictures to your DM.I have worked for them for a few years, but haven't had much work from them this past year, as the dept. store I did quit carrying the mens ties/shirts that i had serviced.

Sue A
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Mary R.
Valued Contributor

IL
USA
125 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2012 :  06:29:28 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just started working for them. It seems like many of the jobs are 1 time. Setting up new product and fixture. Not many on going jobs.
I'm not sure if this is how most of the work is or if there will be stores serviced on a monthly basis.
Any feedback??

Mary
Go to Top of Page

Sue A
Star Contributor

USA
376 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2012 :  6:38:38 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They do ties/mens shirts and other mens wear in a couple of the dept. stores on a biweekly basis. In my area I used to do a store, but then this store being a smaller store quit carrying the brand that I serviced.

Sue A
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Big Sue
Star Contributor

USA
697 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2013 :  09:36:41 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Anything new/current on this outfit? They are advertsiing on SS for merchandisers to service a line in Wallymart.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.42 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums