Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Merchandising & Demo
 Feedback Requested: Certified Marketing Services (CMS) (2)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 81

Ray Sola
Volition.com Staff

Prescott, AZ
USA
3099 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2009 :  10:03:01 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Given that the topic Feedback Requested: Certified Marketing Services (CMS) has reached over 100 pages long, I have locked it and started this new topic. All the opinions posted to the old topic are still valid, however, a thread this big can slow down the server.

Please continue the conversation here.

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2009 :  10:16:25 AM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks to all who gave great tips on the last page (100) of the original thread. You confirmed that I do have a clue.

Jeff Hix
Serving metro Omaha, Nebraska including Bellevue, Papillion, La Vista, Ralston, Plattsmouth and Council Bluffs, Iowa.
MSPA Silver Certified - MSPA Gold Certified - NARMS Proficiency Test PASSED
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2848 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2009 :  12:15:20 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I hadn't thought about cutting the POG and placing it on the correct sides, I have a 96 and a 30 with saddlebags, those are at the grocery stores. I also have a 35 inline and a 36 spinner, plus a new one which shows either a 35 or 42. I guess I'll find out next week, when I set it up. this week is Meet & Greet.

these have been great ideas.

When I alphabetized something, I just type it in Word and then hit the alphabetized button and poof it's done.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Quinn
Star Contributor

Atlanta, GA
USA
50247 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2009 :  2:03:06 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MarlaB

When I alphabetized something, I just type it in Word and then hit the alphabetized button and poof it's done.
So, you type in up to 96 titles? OK.
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2009 :  2:45:42 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm a fan of excel for that purpose. Then I can alphabetize by price or not as I choose. The permutations are endless.

EDIT: Come to think of it, the paper copy of the report has it alphabetized. That's what causes me all the fun ... relating that list to the titles on the POG. It would esier for me to have the list sync with the POG.

Jeff Hix
Serving metro Omaha, Nebraska including Bellevue, Papillion, La Vista, Ralston, Plattsmouth and Council Bluffs, Iowa.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2848 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2009 :  3:46:59 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sure, 96 isn't much. I used to be a typist back in the day before computers. I did not learn excel as well as word. And the newest excel drives me nuts, because I can't just click on file and find what I want.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Quinn
Star Contributor

Atlanta, GA
USA
50247 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2009 :  4:12:45 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Why wouldn't you just cut and paste it from the form, it has all the titles listed on it?
Go to Top of Page

Gayle R
Star Contributor

Eastern Shore, VA
USA
1396 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2009 :  8:18:42 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Marla I don't understand how alphabetizing helps. You still have to put the DVDs in place according to the POG which is not in alphabetical order. When doing a reg visit I straighten the rack first & then stock the new shipment. Any empty spots are obviously OOS & get listed as such & then I'll flex titles to fill in the empty spots. Now that we are doing them every other week there are more empties than usual. I keep the current POG with me not at the store (I'm referring to FL here) as the staff rarely stocks any DVDS & when they do they don't pay any attention to the POG anyway. For change outs I print out the list of deletes & pull those first, making note of titles & # of each title being returned. Then pull anything that no longer goes on side 1, or the saddlebags put them aside in the cart, pull side 2 changes, move them to the proper spots & re-stock . Works for me. They used to give us a list of the DVDs that were being returned from the promo corrugates but no longer. They were actually helpful. Now we have to count them & write them down.. So I put them in order by titles, count the # of each title, write it down on the back of the form & box them up.

Gayle
Go to Top of Page

Jonathan B.
Star Contributor

Smyrna, Tennessee
USA
469 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2009 :  9:16:54 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I do a bunch of Sony visits and really enjoy them. I even enjoy the changeouts. I just pull the titles being removed first and put them in a stack. I then quickly see if any of the remaining titles are staying in or near the same slot. Many times, a title will just move up a row or a whole row will switch sides of the POG. Some titles stay where they are at.

Then I pull the rest off and place where they go. To do inventory, I just start at the top of the fixture and work my way across, then down, etc. I just locate that title on the field form.

I then record the titles being returned on the field form (I print out the deleted/added page on the paperwork.)

I've gotten where I am able to easily finish in the allotted time (including time to enter the report, which can take 5 minutes or a little more if there are a lot of titles to return.

Hope this helps someone. E-mail me if someone has further questions. I'll be glad to answer them as best I can.

Jonathan B.
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2009 :  01:49:03 AM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Remember the commercials where the kids gave the cereal to Mikey?
I think they changed the name to Jeff and the cereal to DVD POGs. LOL

Let me see. I did a store with XX DVD titles for the advertised bonus. It was a bit down the road, but with the bonus, it was ok. I kept within the time budget.

I signed up for a few locations nearby at the offered prices to gage what I was getting into.

The next day, I did a changeout at a different location for almost twice the number of titles and twice the time. The sign up budget was about the same as the bonused place with the bonus. When I arrived, I ran into a SNAFU buzzsaw.
Today's assignment advertised as a fill-in and count the empty slots was supposed to be about the same number of titles as location #2. They have some fuzzy math. Not only that, one of the three racks was a POG behind!! The log says the location's last servicer was a month ago.
Tommorrow will be more of the same. I already scouted it out.
I'm getting tired of cleaning up somebody else's mess.

I wish they were a tad more honest with the number of slots to be worked on when they post the locations.

Now I have clue. I can make one visit for the same time as a DVD changeout and file one report on my other contract for the same as three places this week for CMS. I must have been bored.

To be fair, CMS folks have been kind and supporting on the phone. It will take a couple of months to see if promi$e$ are kept. What I've read in these threads keeps me hopeful.

Jeff Hix
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2848 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2009 :  04:10:16 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I alphabetize, that's just me. And thanks for reminding me about the cut/paste thing. I wasn't sure if it would work, if the 'type size' was different or not, next time I'll try that. It would probably take about the same amount of time, tho (for me).

Marla
Go to Top of Page

.AnnieWulf
Inactive

USA
70 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2009 :  04:51:51 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Marla, I'm always on the scout to find something that will make things easier and expidite my visits. I'm confused about alphabetizing the movies. At first I actually thought you were doing this with the actual movies in store, now I understand you're making a list. Since the titles are already in alphabetical order on the inventory portion of the report I'm still very much confused about what you're using this list for. Would you mind clarifying this for me? I'm almost helpless in Excel but I've taught myself the basics with tutorials. I would have to refresh my lessons as the old saw reminds us use it or lose it. That's very true with me. I'm a quick study but it doesn't stick without repetition and I've had no cause to use Excell in months.
Thanks,
Annie
quote:
Originally posted by MarlaB

I alphabetize, that's just me. And thanks for reminding me about the cut/paste thing. I wasn't sure if it would work, if the 'type size' was different or not, next time I'll try that. It would probably take about the same amount of time, tho (for me).

Annie
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2009 :  11:48:48 AM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
On the previous thread, I asked about bidding for a few locations at a higher rate than advertised. It turns out that you can talk to the schedulers at the special help desk. Option 4.
I made my pitch. She said she would ask her supervisor. We'll see.

Jeff Hix
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2848 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2009 :  2:22:48 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I alphabetize only to help find those dvds that are totally out of place. I usually use my 'list' for changeouts or reshuffles. I type the title and then their location. I use E for Endcap, then 96-row#-space#. I don't alphabetize the dvds themselves, but I do group them together (all the same title), then look at my list and find when they go. It may not the best system, but it works for me, especially since I don't have alot of different fixtures. Plus I usually only do the 96 fixture plus endcap. I started doing this BEFORE they gave us the inventory lists alphabetized. That tell how long it's been.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

BarbaraF
Contributor

Fruita, CO
USA
82 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2009 :  2:55:12 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Does anyone else do Rand McNally maps? I have been doing them since I started with CMS, and now am picking up extra jobs with them. I am just wondering if anyone else has problems with getting in the maps they actually need. It's not like we get to place the orders and I find that sometimes I need maps that I am not getting.

Barbara
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2848 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2009 :  5:08:40 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have done RM for Certified, Spar and Convergence. None of these companies actually 'do' an order, just report the stores inventory and process credits. I wish I could expediate an order for one of my stores, they never have any credit because they sell out long before the next shipment arrives. I am in a college town, and the store is just off the main exit of the interstate heading towards campus.

I do think it is weird to get a city map of UT, when the store is in IN. It's not like the state are next to each other.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Shelmadine in Sunny CA
Apprentice

Los Angeles, CA
USA
1 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2009 :  4:59:48 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've been doing Sony visits for a year and a half and I love them; except for wishing they and Certified paid more (which of us doesn't). Like Marla I alphabetize. I copy the existing titles and the new titles from the report form and paste them in excel. I then alphabetize them and put a 3-digit code in front of each. The 3 numbers represent side-row-position on the POG. This works well for spinners, especially the large ones. For example, 432 in front of Groundhog Day means it is on side 4, row 3, position 2. This helps me quickly place new titles during a changeout after I have grouped like titles together. I just pick up my four (or whatever amount) Groundhog Day DVDs, look at my alphabetized list, see 432 and place them in the appropriate slot on the spinner. Saves load of in store time. If you have multiple locations with the same POG, it more than makes up for the admin time especially when doing capped visits.

NOTE: Copying and pasting does end up including the UPC numbers etc. When I want a compact one page list, I delete these from the end of the titles. You don't have to though. Hope this helps somebody.

Shelmadine
Go to Top of Page

BarbaraF
Contributor

Fruita, CO
USA
82 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2009 :  5:57:53 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Well, I have to admit that I broke down and called RM about one of my locations. I went in and pulled all the ones that ask me to pull and then set to planogram and found that over 1/2 of their stock was GONE! I talked to a really nice man there and explained the situation because the manager of the store I was working at about flipped when he saw what I left him with. I ended up faxing a list of maps that were needed. He was pretty awesome about it. I feel bad because I went above CMS, but it was necessary. His email address is dchambers@randmcnally.com in case you wish to contact him. He's a super man and will try to help.

Barbara
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2848 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2009 :  6:11:29 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
thanks for the contact info. I have found some of the RM racks that I'm not servicing yet, have a contact card on them.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Jonathan B.
Star Contributor

Smyrna, Tennessee
USA
469 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2009 :  9:38:09 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
For those of you all that do the Anagram balloon projects, have your stores received shipments with the new price stickers? So far, most of my stores haven't received a shipment with them. . .at least not according to the tracking CMS has and I even called today to get updated tracking, b/c as usual the tracking on the website is behind. We'll see what's actually at the stores when I visit the majority of them tomorrow.

Jonathan B.
Go to Top of Page

Ellinbeth
Valued Contributor

USA
129 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2009 :  7:33:02 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I like Certified. They were the first merchandising company to give me a chance. Yup, the pay is low----but I've not yet gotten any jobs from other companies that pay much more.

But I had to laugh at a recent e-mail they sent about a "HUGE BONUS." In my area, they have had trouble getting someone to take a fast food audit job that involves measuring with a tape measure, climbing on step stools, and other activities. It was paying $12---now it's paying $15. Okay, that's a 25% increase---nothing to sneeze at---but HUGE???? Wouldn't a huge bonus be at least 50%? Maybe I'm just jaded---but it struck me as amusing!

Ellinbeth
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 81 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.36 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums