Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Merchandising & Demo
 Feedback Requested: Certified Marketing Services (CMS) (2)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 81

Jonathan B.
Star Contributor

Smyrna, Tennessee
USA
469 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2009 :  11:09:52 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Anyone else that does the Fred's stores have project FRE102609 disappear from your Current Assignments page? They're not in my history either, so I'm going to call tomorrow about it I guess.

Jonathan B.
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2009 :  11:44:44 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gayle R
... Sony now wants us to conduct our visits on or the day before a corrugate is to go on display even if it is not on a Mon./Tues
<SNIP>
These dates only apply to the weeks when there is a new display going up in the store, otherwise we are to keep to the Mon./Tues. schedule.

UPDATE. I POSTED A QUIRY ON THE MESSAGE BOARD. THEY EMAILED ME A COPY. YOU GUYS AND GALS SHOULD DO THE SAME.
(yes I used caps. It can be that important.)

Were you able to print it out or copy and paste that? I read it differently, but was not able to keep a file copy. I read it that if a corrugate was scheduled for a Tuesday as the most recent was, then we could NOT go in on Monday due to the contract release date.

How should we read that memo? re: Halloween promotion end date.
Another current promotion ends on a Sunday. What is the expectation?
Check your promotion schedule from your last trip which mentions a special Friday promotion for some stores that lasts only four days. I am really looking at how to comply with that instruction without going in TWICE for free as that is the off week for the bi-weekly visits since they modified the schedule last week and this.

Jeff Hix
Serving metro Omaha, Nebraska including Bellevue, Papillion, La Vista, Ralston, Plattsmouth and Council Bluffs, Iowa.
MSPA Silver Certified - MSPA Gold Certified - NARMS Proficiency Test PASSED
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2009 :  03:49:06 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I read it as to the day or day after a promotion. ONLY Certified has been notified as to 'Sony's' new rules. Spar, which services Sony, has not passed on this info. Unfortunately my message was not able to save.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Marjorie Powell
Valued Contributor

New Orleans, LA
USA
111 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2009 :  05:22:44 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I wonder what they are going to do about the "off" weeks. If a promo is to go up on a date that the store is not scheduled to be visited are they going to reschedule to normal visit or have the store visited both weeks?
Go to Top of Page

Marjorie Powell
Valued Contributor

New Orleans, LA
USA
111 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2009 :  05:26:53 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Gayle, I have gotten that pre-recorded message every day since Saturday. I called and was told that it was because my FD were not completed. I received my supplies 1 1/2 weeks after they were scheduled to be completed because they weren't shipped on time but no one thought to change the field date.........thus the irrating pre-recorded messages.
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2009 :  05:54:39 AM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
UPS truck found. It should meander my way MONDAY with pad. Oh well, the store is only 3 miles up the road. I guess I can afford the gas instead of waiting 'til the following week when I will be reseting DVDs in the same parking lot.

I've avoided the message by updating my status on line or it could be the phone call I made telling them it would not be done until Monday next. Mind you ... at the time I was guessing.

Jeff Hix
Serving metro Omaha, Nebraska including Bellevue, Papillion, La Vista, Ralston, Plattsmouth and Council Bluffs, Iowa.
Go to Top of Page

Maralyn
Star Contributor

USA
626 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2009 :  05:57:46 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Marjorie, Mine came late also, but I had e-mailed them that I would not be back into the area until this week, they were okay with that, yesterday I got a e-mail, if I would have them completed by today and reported by 10pm tonight, I would received a bonus. So we shall see.
Go to Top of Page

BarbaraF
Contributor

Fruita, CO
USA
82 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2009 :  06:21:35 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
So you are getting the pad, Jeff? My shipping tracking thingie doesn't even show any more and I show nothing has shipped on the shipping page. Yet, it still shows report due and I do not have the pad. I sent an email to CMS asking about the shipment but have not yet received a response.

Another question to the group....

Does anyone work for both CMS and Market Force?? It gets a little confusing when they are both calling constantly and both announce themselves as Market Force. I have to judge the calls by the area code. Jeez...if CMS is going to call themselves Market Force, couldn't they just change the name on their website too? It at least would prevent a little bit of confusion.

Barbara
Go to Top of Page

BarbaraF
Contributor

Fruita, CO
USA
82 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2009 :  06:25:22 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
While I'm thinking about it....do you have to update status everyday? I finaly got a response back on the shipment of the pad. I was told they did not have control of the shipping of the pad and to please update the status to "waiting on materials". I did that two days ago. Do I have to do it more than once???

Barbara
Go to Top of Page

Marjorie Powell
Valued Contributor

New Orleans, LA
USA
111 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2009 :  06:51:39 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Maralyn, I spoke with them also and the due date was extended due to the late shipping but the pre-recorded messages still come. I ignore the messages because I know that I spoke with someone in the office and they update the web page. I just make sure I always get the name of the person I spoke with. Maybe I didn't phrase it right but the point I was trying to get across was that the messages are going to come regardless because they are pre-programmed and pre-recorded. Gosh, could you imagine the problems trying to stop messages to one or two individual merchandisers because of late shipments....LOL....
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2009 :  09:44:29 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They have posted 'black Friday' work @ Kohls. I'm not ready for that, nor nuts enough.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Maralyn
Star Contributor

USA
626 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2009 :  09:51:30 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
LOL!!!!

I don't have to worry about pre-recorded messages, I only use a cell phone and they don't have that number.
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2009 :  11:12:19 AM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
For shipping history, I had to expand to full history to see the UPS info.

How often do I update "waiting on materials"?
Morning and night just as a harmless way to vent fustration at being assigned this thing without my asking and then being late because the #$%^&* pad being delayed. It was originally a separate project with separate pay. They folded it into the toy project without any additional pay.
Then I check for new possibilities while I am at it. I got the freezer project before the email came. so it has some value. Right now, I'm drowning in trailer check possibilities which someone else may have.

UPDATE: Somebody now things that shivering in the freezer will make me work faster. 1 hour task allocation instead of 3 hours. We'll see.

Marla -- Those half price visits you mentioned yesterday came up on my board 36 hours after you posted something. Like you, I took the one in my grocery store parking lot.

For the MarketForce question. I let them tell me why they are calling and figure it out by the project they ask about since I only have one project on the other side. I'm was sorry I took them once I saw the 25 pages of paperwork to take to each location. I won't mention the pay. It's not worth mentioning.

Jeff Hix
Go to Top of Page

Jonathan B.
Star Contributor

Smyrna, Tennessee
USA
469 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2009 :  8:17:25 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Barbara,

I just look at the area code too to determine which it is. CMS area code is 518. MFI mystery shopping usually comes from a 770 number (Atlanta area). At first it was confusing, but I quickly memorized the area codes.

Jonathan B.
Go to Top of Page

Gayle R
Star Contributor

Eastern Shore, VA
USA
1396 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2009 :  8:23:51 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
No everything seems OK. The only thing I can think of is I called several weeks ago to ask if I could do one of my DG DVD stores on Weds because I am in the store every Wed anyway & saw no need to go there twice. The stuff I do there Wed. I cannot do on Tues, usually. I was given permission to do this one store Wed. but sometimes I think this slips thru the crack & I have to remind them. I had a permanent assignment one time for something else that they wanted done mon-Wed.(not DG) but the store requested that I come after Wed. because they moved all their mchd around on Weds. (clearance mark downs & that kind of thing) I called & told CMS this & they said it would be OK to do it on Thur-Fri. But every once in a while I would get a message that this assignment was overdue & I would have to contact them. I usually update this one DG store to show a Wed. visit & I might have forgotten to do that.

Oh & I goofed on telling you what the message from Sony said. They are requesting that you make your visit on the day of or the day AFTER a new display is to go up (not the day before, my bad)

Gayle
Go to Top of Page

Gayle R
Star Contributor

Eastern Shore, VA
USA
1396 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2009 :  8:28:23 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Jeff the memo doesn't affect any promo ending dates. It is only in refernce to new displays going up in the store. You know, those cardboard corrugate things. That's the way I read it. But I told you guys the day before when I meant day after. I would think if a promo display is set to go out on the floor on an off week they would schedule an extra visit for that week. But who knows. You might go 2 wks in a row & then skip the next week.

Gayle
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2009 :  8:49:24 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
As I updated above. I now have an emailed copy of the memo.
I encourage you guys and gals to leave a message on your accounts requesting they email you a copy for your files and reference.

Gail: I agree what it says.
You said "You might go 2 wks in a row & then skip the next week."
That is just what is now happening at my grocery stores. I would love to do that again to get my grocery stores back on the schedule they were on.
Unless that happens,all my stores will reset the same week for who knows how long.

Jeff Hix
Go to Top of Page

Marjorie Powell
Valued Contributor

New Orleans, LA
USA
111 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2009 :  02:57:43 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Gayle, that is exactly what happened with the corrugates for the 11/1 roll out. I have a couple of stores that they are going up in on 11/1 or 11/2 which was an off week for me so they have me going 2 weeks in a row to the same store. It is unknown yet if they will skip the next week or not. Hopefully they will and if will put all of my stores back in the same rotation.
Go to Top of Page

Jonathan B.
Star Contributor

Smyrna, Tennessee
USA
469 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2009 :  10:44:59 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
On the last promotion at Food Lion (Spooky Halloween) I was supposed to have a visit that week to place the corrugate, then Sony decided to cancel the scheduled visit that week. I guess they won't be doing that anymore. My other Sony projects seem to stay on a fairly regular schedule, except for the Food Lion ones.

Jonathan B.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2009 :  1:42:25 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I still haven't been informed by my other companies that I worked with for Sony anything in regards to the info we received from Certified.

Marla
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 81 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.33 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums