Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Merchandising & Demo
 Feedback Requested: Certified Marketing Services (CMS) (2)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 81

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2009 :  7:14:21 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
They were playing "Let's Make A Deal today." We did since I didn't have anything else to do. The report is in already. I wish my regurlar stores were this easy.

Jeff Hix
Serving metro Omaha, Nebraska including Bellevue, Papillion, La Vista, Ralston, Plattsmouth and Council Bluffs, Iowa.
MSPA Silver Certified - MSPA Gold Certified - NARMS Proficiency Test PASSED
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2009 :  08:59:08 AM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
RE: The Sony notice
Now I'm confused. One of my grocery stores has a corrugated Christmas unit from Sony in a box with green stars. The outside of the box has an orange sticker indicating it should be placed on the floor 10/27/2009 (tomorrow). This corrugated is NOT on my promotion list from my last scheduled visit. Given the Sony notice, I'm surprised at this.
I'm dropping CMS/MF a message.
UPDATE: They said stick to the schedule which in this case means "Don't worry about it."

I was there as a customer. I am NOT scheduled this week.

Jeff Hix
Serving metro Omaha, Nebraska including Bellevue, Papillion, La Vista, Ralston, Plattsmouth and Council Bluffs, Iowa.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2009 :  11:19:33 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
According to my Spar/sony paperwork (they give a heads up) there isn't anything to be placed for 10/27. My next corrugate to be placed is "perfect gift" display to be placed 11/20. Spar still has not said anything regarding the info we received from Certified.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2009 :  12:41:56 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Heads UP !! The MAT project we were all waiting on the pad for has another surprise.

The paperwork you print has the last 3 pages formated to print on LEGAL sized paper!!!

Jeff Hix
Go to Top of Page

Gayle R
Star Contributor

Eastern Shore, VA
USA
1396 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2009 :  10:29:24 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Haven't seen that one Jeff. I was in FL today. Did I tell you this particular store took all their Halloween DVDs & put them on the main fixture & then threw the corrugate away. When I discovered this on my last visit I explained the price difference, etc; They said to just leave them there till after Halloween because they didn't know where else to put them. They also have a smaller DVD box that they are keeping in their storage closet that has DVDs to be returned. Today I look at it & there is about 1/2 doz of kids DVDs (new) that are not Sony's DVDs they are marked 7.99 & I have no idea where they came from or where they go.

Gayle
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2009 :  03:48:51 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Gayle, If they have the same as my Kroger, those kids' movies came in with a bin from another company. I'm forever taking those movies off of my SPHE racks. Did you tell them that IF they remove the corrugate, we must return the movies? that's what my paperwork states.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

BarbaraF
Contributor

Fruita, CO
USA
82 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2009 :  05:26:07 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Marla,

I have a couple of Kroger stores that place new releases on their "new release" shelving. According to CMS, this is ok as long as all of Sony's movies are kept by themselves and in alphabetical order. They are not supposed to be intermixed with the other videos (as if we can truly prevent that from happening). It took me a while to figure all of that out because I kept putting up the displays, and then a week later they would disappear! I was getting frustrated. I finally (on the last changeout) started noticing a ton of movies shifted from the regular display to the new release rack. That's when I found the "missing" new releases.

Barbara
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2009 :  06:20:29 AM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
The notary sojaks in scheduling bunched up my resets to all be done next week. NOW they just scheduled my grocery stores again for the following week which puts them back on the original schedule. That will put me right on schedule to deal with the short 4 day promotion on scheduled later in the month.

Ralph Kramden said "One of these days .... one of these days."
In my case,I'm still having faith that one of these days, I'll get paid something. So far my payment history is empty except for the DD approval. I filled out the payment inquiry last week. NO RESPONSE of any kind. I'm about to do same again for the following week's visits.

Jeff Hix
Go to Top of Page

Ellen Christian
Star Contributor

Castleton, VT
USA
647 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2009 :  1:04:26 PM  Visit Ellen Christian's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Anyone have a phone number for Certified? I need to contact Payroll & can't get the number.

~*~ Ellen ~*~
Silver Certified ndkvcr
Merchandising, Demonstrating and Shopping in Rutland County, Vermont and Eastern Washington County, New York!
Go to Top of Page

Gayle R
Star Contributor

Eastern Shore, VA
USA
1396 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2009 :  8:47:26 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
No Marla, I guess I skipped over that part about returning the movies if no corrugate. But you can bet I'll remember it next time. It has happened before when they got down to the last five or six remaining DVDs but this was almost the whole display taken down & moved to the regular rack. Oh well, they go back next week anyway. I saw that bin in my other FL today & I was like "Oh, that's where those movies came from" They have a package of four for $7.99 & that ripped open pkg is what was in my return box.

Gayle
Go to Top of Page

Gayle R
Star Contributor

Eastern Shore, VA
USA
1396 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2009 :  8:54:01 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Ellen, it usually does no good to call them about pay. I've tried several times & the number we have (800-320-1290) does not handle any of the payroll issues and they will not give you a number to call for payroll issues. They say they don't have one. They want you to put in a payroll inquiry online like Jeff did & then wait 4-6wks for an answer. Jeff, if you don't receive anyhing on the next paydate, I'd call & raise He-- anyway. Right now you are working for free.

Gayle
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2009 :  9:27:39 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have 25 completed jobs in the pay hopper up to last week. I have 4 pay forms in the hopper somewhere. I filed 2 last week and another 2 Tuesday of this week. I do know someone from MF called me with questions last week about one of the locations in this week's pay form filing. That tells me somebody is at least looking at that one.

Gail's comment goes triple next week.
Somebody else who has PERM status at a number of locations which I would like to have is taking a vacation just when all those resets are coming up. 110209. Talk about timing
I picked them up so my name would be on those files if she ever does give them up. In addition to my 4 PERM spots, I will be on the hook for 6 more DGs, 1 OMX and the DVD section at MEN. The last is so big, they broke up the reset into two visits. One next week and completion the following week. It's about twice the number of titles my grocery stores have.
I figure it will be a litmus test to see if I really want that much business. Much of it is in my back yard and close to 3 of my current locations.
Given the number and locations of her PERMs, it makes me wonder how I landed the PERMs that I do have. I didn't take all her locations either. I left some on the board. Judging by the number of postings offered for her vacation, you would think she owns much of the metro area MF/DVD wise.

I would appreciate hearing privately if someone has MEN DVD locations experience. I don't know how much info I want the MF competitors to be able to glean from our postings.

Jeff Hix
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2009 :  04:18:42 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Jeff, this isn't privately but I filled in for one MEM assignment awhile ago. When I went into the store, there was all kinds of backstock. and nothing set to POG. I did figure out that the dvds were set alphabetical instead per POG. I was only filling in for 1 week, so I did not change much, just restocked everything I could. At the time, I was doing dvds @ KM for Spar, so I thought I could cover it easily, but it was so different that it wasn't easy, but I got it done. If I would do it now, it would be much easier.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Maralyn
Star Contributor

USA
626 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2009 :  05:46:49 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Jeff,

How long has it been since you started to work, when I first started I had to wait 6 weeks for that first check, then after that they came on the schedule date, which seems to vary.
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2009 :  06:14:55 AM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I came back 09/08/09 with two jobs. I did another two jobs 09/15/08. I've been steady with them since. The majority have been DVD jobs. There have been exceptions. I currently have 4 PERM DVD assignments.

UPDATE: I don't know why, but my account screen did NOT list my W-9 info. I just populated that screen. We'll see if that breaks the dam and helps the cash flow...

Jeff Hix
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2009 :  12:46:11 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Jeff, with those dates in mind, you should receive a check/DD on the next paydate. I have that figured for around 11/5 or so. If it was me, I would be very upset. Nobody can continue working and not get some money to continue to work.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

BarbaraF
Contributor

Fruita, CO
USA
82 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2009 :  5:39:34 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Jeff,

I did my first jobs with this company on 6/6 and received payment on 6/19. I think you need to make a phone call or two. Something is definitely wrong.

Barbara
Go to Top of Page

Gayle R
Star Contributor

Eastern Shore, VA
USA
1396 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2009 :  9:07:22 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Jeff, what do you mean by pay forms in the hopper? The jobs I did during the period 9/8-9/15 I was paid for on 9/22. Even if you have to wait a little for yours, we have had another pay on10/6 & a third on 10/22. You are way overdue. I agree with the previous poster that something is not right.

Gayle
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2009 :  9:12:24 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
After you log in, left column:
Click "PAYMENT INQUIRY" << That form.

So 25 jobs completed awaiting payroll and other processing.
Four "PAYMENT INQUIRY" forms submitted.
The 4 are part of the 25 completed tasks.
I have 19 jobs awaiting the calender. Most are DVD resets next week.

======
Barbara - See Gails comments above re: contacting payroll.

Jeff Hix
Go to Top of Page

BarbaraF
Contributor

Fruita, CO
USA
82 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2009 :  05:35:35 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Jeff,

I had several MF employees call me asking me to take jobs out of town. I commented on the fact that I was already being shorted pay on a perm assignment that I had accepted out of town and that I wasn't really interested in taking on any more if I wasn't going to get paid. They always attempted to transfer me to someone but it never got any where. I finally dumped two seperate messages on the message board regarding "pay inquiry" about my shortages two weeks in a row. Yesterday I received all the missing pay I was due, of course with no explanation as to why I was shorted. I did, however, put in the comments regarding the short pay that I was tempted to dump those perm out of town assignments as it was not worth my time to drive that far to lose money. I really have no interest in paying to work for MF. I received my pay pretty much immediately (within 4 days of the last email which I thought was fabulous).

Barbara
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 81 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.33 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums