Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Merchandising & Demo
 Feedback Requested: Certified Marketing Services (CMS) (2)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 81

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2845 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2009 :  06:41:23 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I had trouble getting the 'bonused' pay for alittle while, but after finally talking to someone. I asked what is showing for my pay for a specific location. They can see, if they want to. After receiving partial payment on one pay and the remaining pay on the next one, I haven't had a problem since. Lucky me.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Lisa1961
Contributor

Tupelo, MS
USA
61 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2009 :  2:13:31 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Does anyone know if we are compensated anytime during the year for the paperwork we have to print? Paperwork to printout at changeout is terrible.

Lisa
Go to Top of Page

Lisa1961
Contributor

Tupelo, MS
USA
61 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2009 :  2:33:48 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I still have movies titles that have $10.00. I was never sent $8.00 stickers for my stores but they sent me some this time. Will I still put an $8.00 sticker on the movies even if I am returning them?

Lisa
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2009 :  3:08:55 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have a partial answer to my pay problem. When they reopened my dormant account, nobody asked me for new paperwork. Now they want new hire paperwork.

One of my grocery stores first visit - They are now claiming I never called in for the extra time. What is interesting is I received a phone call about how long that store took on that occassion last week. go figure. The way they worded the response makes me wonder if the will pay me anything for that store.

Jeff Hix
Serving metro Omaha, Nebraska including Bellevue, Papillion, La Vista, Ralston, Plattsmouth and Council Bluffs, Iowa.
MSPA Silver Certified - MSPA Gold Certified - NARMS Proficiency Test PASSED
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2009 :  3:11:31 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lisa1961

Does anyone know if we are compensated anytime during the year for the paperwork we have to print? Paperwork to printout at changeout is terrible.

Not that I am aware of ... and I just killed a tree's worth of paper for Monday.

Jeff Hix
Serving metro Omaha, Nebraska including Bellevue, Papillion, La Vista, Ralston, Plattsmouth and Council Bluffs, Iowa.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2845 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2009 :  4:21:20 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
After 2 years with them, I have yet to be compensated for printing costs. The only way I'm able to compensate myself is thru deductions for self-employment, on Schedule C (for business). That also goes for the internet connection fee, digital camera (sometimes required), cell phone usage (sometimes required) and all other business expenses.

Lisa, I would not resticker the ones I am returning. Let them, if they are sending the dvds to somewhere else that needs them. Usually when we send dvds back, they will be sent to another store or chain. This is what I have found over the last 2 years and working with 3 different mc companies.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Lisa1961
Contributor

Tupelo, MS
USA
61 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2009 :  5:26:03 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks Marla. Thanks to my husband, he has been saving the receipts for the cartridges, etc. I have thrown away all of my receipts. I will also turn in mileage, wear and tear on my vehicle, the new computer we got this year and internet services. Just to name a few.

Lisa
Go to Top of Page

Gayle R
Star Contributor

Eastern Shore, VA
USA
1396 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2009 :  7:52:58 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Lisa , excuse me for laughing. It's not realy funny but you've got to be kidding.

Gayle
Go to Top of Page

Gayle R
Star Contributor

Eastern Shore, VA
USA
1396 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2009 :  7:55:06 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
That's the best thing to do Lisa. However I don't make enough working PT to fool with it. I kept all my receips & records for the first couple of years & it didn't help me any.

Gayle
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2845 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2009 :  03:41:50 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Gayle, when you add up all your receipts and tax-deductible items, you may find that your 'income' is less than 'expenses'. If that's the case, you can actually declare a loss for 3 out of 5 years. This will allow you/hubby to have less taxes to pay.

My PT work has added up to almost minimum wage x 40 hrs. Not all of companies are IC work, but I keep some IC because it is easier to deduct those items.

My income will be replacing most of hubby's income as he gets to the SS age and less able to keep up with the youngests out there in the construction field.

Lisa, if you have large envelopes, make out one for each month, put ALL receipts in the correct envelope. Not only will you be able to figure your 'business' deductions, but you will be able to figure how much you've spent on other things. this can determine how much money you 'waste' on unnecessary items.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Lisa1961
Contributor

Tupelo, MS
USA
61 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2009 :  11:57:33 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Ya'll don't understand. I have plenty of room with files, etc by my desk so there is not problem with room for my receipts. On the otherhand, it is a problem that I am ALWAYS throwing EVERYTHING away. You would think I would learn after awhile. Actually, I have only thrown away printing paper receipts and small office supplies. My husband has kept up with everything from tape, paperclips, cartridges, etc. Last night was the first time I have thought about saving my recepts. He is usually the one that buys the supplies for me. Take in mind that I have only been merchandising since March of this year so I have spent that much on paper, etc. I am glad I have him to watch my back. lol

Lisa
Go to Top of Page

Winona
Valued Contributor

Huntsville, AL
USA
106 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2009 :  3:35:54 PM  Visit Winona's Homepage  Send Winona an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lisa1961

I still have movies titles that have $10.00. I was never sent $8.00 stickers for my stores but they sent me some this time. Will I still put an $8.00 sticker on the movies even if I am returning them?

I think only specific locations will have the $8 movies. If you have more than one store, look at the assignment sheet that came with the stickers; it will state 'This store is allocated for $8 stickers' for each one that is. And I agree, no need to resticker those being returned :)

Winona
Servicing north Huntsville, Harvest, Toney, Meridianville, Hazel Green, New Market, AL as well as Ardmore & Fayetteville, TN
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2009 :  4:03:25 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Winona - Please read your latest paperwork.

At the time of the reset, ALL DG locations are dropping $10.00 DVDs to $8.00. SO, while you are doing your reset, playing with you corrugated, and your level best to keep within the ridiculous short time frames, they are going to help you do so with the additional sticker job at no extra pay if you meet the guideline time frame.

OH ... did I forget to mention that you may get additional shelving to install at no extra pay? Sorry, I almost forgot. I tried to.

Jeff Hix
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2009 :  4:15:13 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Pet peeve of the day: They delayed a project date indicting that if that SNAFUs your schedule, you may opt out of the project. Go to opt out and you are refused because the client has been instructed to ship you something.
This is the same project that they cut the expected completion time to a third of the original estimate.

Jeff Hix
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2845 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2009 :  4:37:49 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm glad we have up to 90 minutes, otherwise there is NO WAY. Now all of my stores have the $8 stickers, started off as only 1.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2009 :  4:39:18 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have 350 stickers ... ya want some? LOL
I have PRP labels to spare too.

Jeff Hix
Go to Top of Page

Gayle R
Star Contributor

Eastern Shore, VA
USA
1396 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2009 :  8:06:00 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Marla I also work for DL and I am an "employee" for their company not an IC. I don't make enough with CMS as an IC to even pay taxes on so that's why I don't fool with it anymore. Not worth the hassle for me. But for those of you who work for more than one company as an IC or work more hrs than I do, that is a different story.

Gayle
Go to Top of Page

Gayle R
Star Contributor

Eastern Shore, VA
USA
1396 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2009 :  8:15:24 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They have totally confused me but that is not unusal. When the first price change stickers came out I was off on sick leave & the person doing my stores thought all the stores were changing all $10 movies to $8. That turned out not to be the case, but having not read the original paperwork on this I wasn't aware of it till swveral weeks after my return when I was finding a lot of $10 movies that I though were supposed to be $8. When I reported I needed 16 $8 stickers on my report form I got a message that the store was not allocated for $8 stickers. That is how I found out. Out of my 5 stores, 2 were staying with the $10 movies. Now I have rec 5 sheets of $8 sticker & the assignemnt sheet says all 5 stores are allocated for these stickers. I haven't really read the paperwork yet, I never do till the last minute or it gets a little overwhelming. But now I'm wondering am I going to be replacing the $10 stickers on those 2 stores that were not originally allocated? I have a feeling I am. Going to need more stickers.
P.S. I see my question has already been answered. I didn't read all the posts before typing a reply
350 stickers!! I got 5 little sheets of 25 ea. I sheet for each store.

Gayle
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2009 :  8:24:57 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Forget football on Sunday!!! Out of the 7 DGs I am doing this week,
6 are scheduled Sunday due to the promotional corrugate.

Big Hint Pull the 9 titles; then do the inventory before you move anything around. Do NOT open any boxes before doing inventory !!

If you have a 36 spinner, I suggest you start on side 1. 6 titles stay put. 6 go back.
However, side 2 has 11 titles that don't move. 3 go back.

If you have a 35 in line:
  • Change by hand the date on the POG
  • I would start either in row 3
  • or column 3 depending if you like to work across
    or up down (not recommended).
  • Then do the bottom 2 rows across.

• Most of your new titles will be the top row.
Marla - The more I look at this, the more I think 90 minutes is possible.
36-spinner: half the titles don't move.
35-inline: 15 titles stay put. 1 row does the goosestep to the left.
Rows 2. 4 & 5 will be a breeze. Counting them will be the hard part.

===========
By the way, Most of us were supposed to get some shelving either the end of Sept or the first 10 days of Oct. (see your paperwork end of Sept/First or second week in Oct.) How many of your locations received anything? My 1 PERM didn't, but was not on the exempt list.
Mind you, I never saw any instructions what to do with it if I did get my hands on it.

All comments are relative to the DGs only.

Jeff Hix
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2009 :  11:57:32 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
That SONY letter that flashed up on the screen a couple of weeks is in this weeks grocery packet. Make sure you keep a copy.

If you have grocey stores, check out the promotion schedule. It's a PITA ! Fortunately, my stores are close and I do not have a full weekday schedule most weeks. I know some shoppers travel routes each day. This will really shuffle their decks!
It increases my pay for the month due to the increased number of visits. But I am also thinking I may have to swing over a couple of unscheduled times to keep good relations with my floor managers. One is too agressive putting corregates with no place to park them. Right now, she has one parked where nobody can get to it in Customer Service. Mine is not the only one.
The other is almost as agressive getting them put together. That said, neither one will swap signs nor pull them on the designated day in our schedules.

Jeff Hix
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 81 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.47 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums