Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Merchandising & Demo
 Feedback Requested: Certified Marketing Services (CMS) (2)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 81

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2845 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2009 :  3:36:45 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I also had 3 store say that they would not allow the display, and all 3 had it allocated. The 1 I done today, found room for it anyway. He also told me that in his store they would be moving the dvds up right next to the registers, where the shampoo is now. He expecting the reset to be done next week. At least I won't be there that week.

I also can't enter the store that I visited today.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Jonathan B.
Star Contributor

Smyrna, Tennessee
USA
469 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2009 :  5:27:37 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I can't enter my stores either.

Gayle: I don't usually do much on Sunday either b/c of church, but made an exception this week b/c of 17 DG resets, 4 Food Lion resets, and some other projects this week. I am swamped.

Jeff: Thanks for the advice on the spinner POG at DG. It really helped me out today!

Jonathan B.
Go to Top of Page

Sharon Lynne
Contributor

PA
USA
55 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2009 :  5:50:20 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Anyone else having issues downloading the DG paperwork for this week?

Sharon Lynne
Go to Top of Page

Maralyn
Star Contributor

USA
626 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2009 :  6:23:40 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MarlaB

Alot of sickness is going around children in this area right now. Luckily enough, all of my grandkids don't take much medication and all are healthy. So when they get sick and take medicine, it usually snaps them out of it quickly. Good old country air, I guess. My kids are like that also.

Hubby and I are going to start later today and get as much done as possible, so IF I'm needed for the reset, I'll be available. I hate leaving anything or anyone in a bind, so I guess I might to doing the CRW job. Fragrance reset, YEA!! I don't emjoy resets much.

Marla,

If that Coty Reset is in WM, it probably has already been done. That modular came down and had to be completed by 23rd. I have 4 WM's for Coty and they have already been completed by the stores and I will audit to make sure it is correct.
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2009 :  7:43:26 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
They disregarded my regular DG too. I asked. I was told "where?". I reported it as NO. They sent one anyway. We made a place for it as long as you don't push the cart that way.

I made it to 5 of my 6 allocated stores. I would have made it to the 6th, but my nephew called me to come get him. Three of them opened the new titles and placed them on the 35 display without a clue about the POG. That was a tossed salad of DVDs alright.

Jeff Hix
Serving metro Omaha, Nebraska including Bellevue, Papillion, La Vista, Ralston, Plattsmouth and Council Bluffs, Iowa.
MSPA Silver Certified - MSPA Gold Certified - NARMS Proficiency Test PASSED
Go to Top of Page

Jonathan B.
Star Contributor

Smyrna, Tennessee
USA
469 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2009 :  8:17:39 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I get at least one tossed salad of DVD's each reset. One of my stores likes to move the DVD's around so that they can place other things on the shelves. . .from video games to other movies to anything that takes their fancy it seems like.

Jonathan B.
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2009 :  8:36:25 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by WinonaUPDATE: Printing paperwork, and see that for the new corrugate, if manager refuses placement, we are to work the promo titles onto the dedicated fixture, keeping as close to POG as possible. (page 6) Guess I won't be returning the promo titles just yet :)

Don't you just love double speak? (on that instruction page).
One of the DGs destroyed the corrugate. They mixed them on the dedicated along with $6 and $10 YELLOW stickered DVDs. The white box said "Movies you'll love". It was stuffed full of the same kinds of DVDs displayed below the dedicated shelves. Some of the titles in that are the same as ours in the dedicated. I'm told the yellow stickers are previously viewed versions. I have no idea who services them or if they are just shipped in.

Back to the double speak: I called MF #3 who told me specifically that the #51 titles MUST be placed elsewhere due to the price differences. The #51 titles are $10.00. Nothing in the POG is that price. They said it must be displayed elsewhere or returned according to the MF support people I talked with today.

Jeff Hix
Serving metro Omaha, Nebraska including Bellevue, Papillion, La Vista, Ralston, Plattsmouth and Council Bluffs, Iowa.
Go to Top of Page

Gayle R
Star Contributor

Eastern Shore, VA
USA
1396 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2009 :  10:09:23 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Both of my GKs got H1N1. One 4 & one almost 3. They were supposed to get the shot but Dr hadn't got his supply in yet & the flu got them first. They started med immediately & were over it pretty quick. The youngest was a micro preemie. 23 wk, 1Lb, 3oz & not evxpected to live but she made out fine. But we all hold our breath when she picks up any kind of bug even though she is fine. Then son hurt his back & was couch bound for a few days & now DIL is sick. All this happened just this past week.
I have 5 DGs & I am going to try & do them all tomorrow. The biggest problem with the DGs is getting someone to scan all those new titles. They just really don't have time to do this. There is usually one person at the register & if they have customers in line I hate to make them take the time to do it. Can't do my FLs till Wed brcause of the new policy, so that works out good there. But I have several time consuming assignments this week for my other company & I have to drop the cat off at the vets Wed. morning to be neutered & then pick him up between 2:30 & 3:30. That is the main snag in my schedule for the week. I will try to arrange to do shops close to home on Wed so I can be close by to pick him up. Of course after I pick him up I have to take him home & by then it will be too late to start anything else. I'll just have to do as much as I can Tues for the other company & clean up Thur. iof necessary.

Gayle
Go to Top of Page

Gayle R
Star Contributor

Eastern Shore, VA
USA
1396 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2009 :  10:16:23 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Mary I was told 4-6 weeks for a reply to a pay inquiry. Winona, my signage arrived Friday. For DG DVD:. Paperwork says if mngr refuses to place corrugate, you can put them on the reg. display if they agree to that, arranging the POG "as best you can" If they say no to that too then return them. When I went in on the last visit my stores had already rec. the box with the corrugate in it & I just said something like. This is some promotional movies that I'll be setting up the next time I come in. We'll have to find a place for them. And let them take it from there. None of them raised any objections.

Gayle
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2845 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2009 :  04:49:28 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
From what I understand, the fragnance reset, is the whole thing. 12'. It has Tommy, and other things also. DIL is ok, son is staying home with kids (he's on salary and has vaca time). So all I have to do is the rest of my work, which is still 3 DG, 3 Sonys(other company), 1 CVS(other company) 3 RENT, 1 Rand(other company), 1 BB(other company) and OD(other company). I'm hoping I can get most of it done today.

Son just got back from the reset. WM sent an employee over to 'help' them. What the WM employee did was to reset 1 section back to the old POG, after son had reset it correctly. To say the least, he was upset. It took 17 man hours and was not completed considering the WM help. The store management said they would complete it since their employee messed up 1/4 of the project.

Sometimes, help isn't worth it.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Jonathan B.
Star Contributor

Smyrna, Tennessee
USA
469 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2009 :  5:21:52 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Anyone else unable to enter the DG reports that they did yesterday (11/1)? The system tells me that I should not have visited before 11/2. I posted a message to the messageboard, but haven't heard back.

Gayle: Sorry to hear about your GK's. I will be praying for them.

Jonathan B.
Go to Top of Page

Gayle R
Star Contributor

Eastern Shore, VA
USA
1396 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2009 :  9:17:13 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Jonathan why not just change your visit date to 11/2 & then explain the 11/1 visit in the comment section. Less hassle, it might be a week before you hear from them. The very first store I went to report tonight I answered that yes,, I completed the sticker replacment. I got a message that the store wasn't allocated for $8 stickers & I would have to choose that answer. What, aren't all the stores changing from $10 to $8. That was what I understood. I chose not allocated & put comments at the end. I also sent an inquiry, then I went & dbl checked my assignement sheet that came with the stickers. That's when I saw that only 3 of the 5 stores said allocated. Then I realized that the other 2 stores were to receive the $8 stickers a few moonths ago but my helper got confused & put some where they weren't supposed to go so she didn't have enough for the stores thatr should have gotten them & some were never replaced. That's why they still had $10 stickers. And I told CMS that my assignment sheet said ALL stores were allocated. Oh, well And when are they going to stop telling us how to scrap balloons and how to count DVDs. I get it already!
Thanks for asking about my GKs. They are better, Mom is better, Dad hasn't gotten it yet & his back is better, but now babysitter has it so they can't send GD there for a few days. They are scrambling for caretakers. Looks like I might be going up there for a day to babysit. Probably Wed. It would have to happen during the busiest 2 wks I've had in a long while. DVDs, card changes, a couple of resets, FDs next week & more resets & I was supposed to take the cat to the vet Wed to be neutered. That has to be cancelled. I just hope son doesn't come down with it while I am there. I don't want it.

Gayle
Go to Top of Page

Marjorie Powell
Valued Contributor

New Orleans, LA
USA
111 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2009 :  10:33:00 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Jeff, I have the yellow stickered DVDs in my stores also. Those are repackaged DVDs and a DG promotion item. Lots of them are the same titles as the ones that are done for Sony. I had the same problem with some of the stores being allocated for the corrugate and it wasn't received as well as some of the stores requesting not to receive it but got it anyway. I had to call the help desk today while servicing DG because of this and there wasn't any tracking number but a ship date on the assignment page. I was told that the ship date was not necessarily for the corrugate. It could have been for the change out product. I was also informed they are going back to the old telephone system (where you select #2 for Theatre and #3 for Merchandising). It's going to be interesting to see how long it takes someone to answer the telephone when they are called. There was a wait with the present system but not as bad as with the old system. Gosh, I can't wait...LOL
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2009 :  06:10:32 AM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jonathan B.

Anyone else unable to enter the DG reports that they did yesterday (11/1)? The system tells me that I should not have visited before 11/2. I posted a message to the messageboard, but haven't heard back.

Likewise

Jeff Hix
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2009 :  07:03:40 AM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am in a pickle now. DG reports that won't take the first. My busiest week in a very long time as it is for many of you. I thought Sunday went well. Monday was ok until my sister called to yep for help just as I was about to enter one of my grocery stores . I lost half a day. She'll be ok. The deer won't. Her car is questionable. Her insurance company needed a swift kick which I supplied. I may have to do it again this morning.
Mom is going to the doctor this morning which ruins my prime time today.
I have two Menards tomorrow.

Did I mention that I have a MS shop to make a report on?

May your week be better.

Jeff Hix
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2845 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2009 :  1:31:45 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just reported my Sunday visit as a Monday visit, with no problems.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2009 :  2:40:57 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
That matches the "official word" in my message box from MF
quote:
Message: Please enter the date of 11/2 and then in the comments section enter the date you actually conducted it.

Jeff Hix
Go to Top of Page

Winona
Valued Contributor

Huntsville, AL
USA
106 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2009 :  6:37:37 PM  Visit Winona's Homepage  Send Winona an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
My Sony signage finally arrived this afternoon, so I'll be doing those stores tomorrow.

As for the DGs--
1 store that was not allocated got the corrugate anyway. 2 stores had the corrugate placed on the floor before my arrival (yay!) 4 stores had placed the new titles & the promo titles on the fixture before my arrival (even though I informed of changeout & asked them to hold new product for me during previous visit) And my most special store :o) has 88 yellow stickered DVDs crammed onto the spinner along with the regular & promo titles.

Still and all, my DGs averaged 44 minutes each & I had plenty of $8 stickers to go around :)

Winona
Servicing north Huntsville, Harvest, Toney, Meridianville, Hazel Green, New Market, AL as well as Ardmore & Fayetteville, TN
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2009 :  8:40:56 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Check your message board. Looks like I won't be making any reports tonight.

Jeff Hix
Go to Top of Page

DianeScraps

PA
USA
15 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2009 :  10:57:02 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
the message board hasn't been updated, but I was just able to input my work from today.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 81 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.44 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums