Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Merchandising & Demo
 Feedback Requested: Certified Marketing Services (CMS) (2)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 81

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2848 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2009 :  4:14:55 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
wonderful idea Cassie, shame there isn't a suggestion 'box'.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

KimberA

USA
36 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2009 :  5:21:45 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
There's been times when the assignments have run longer than originally stated and it's caused problems with other scheduled assignments. I've chosen not to accept work from them anymore.

Kimberly
Go to Top of Page

Jonathan B.
Star Contributor

Smyrna, Tennessee
USA
469 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2009 :  5:24:51 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Robin75

Hello Everyone,
I have completed many assignments from this company. I have recently noticed that the assignments I accept, take far longer and more complicated than listed. The job description seems very simple. Once you accept the assignment and download, steps and other details are added. I have started to "second guess" if I want to accept jobs in the future. Is anybody else on this forum feeling the same way? Although, I don't post often, I have read and learned so much from all of you. Thank you in advance for any guidance.

Robin75

Robin,

I don't self assign many assignments b/c most of my jobs are perm. assigned, so they appear automatically on my assignments page. To address your question, you can always call and ask about the assignment. Several times a scheduler has been able to give additional details over the phone to me. Otherwise, if you are unsure, you could post a message on this forum. Some of us may have done the type of assignment that you have a question about. Sure, someone else might take the assignment while you wait on responses, but chances are the type of assignment will come around again and then you will know for future reference. There are some assignments that I look at the details on-line and know to avoid it based on past experience.

I hope this helps at least a little.

Jonathan B.
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2009 :  6:35:16 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
This I'm told by a senior scheduler:

Don't be afraid to ask for more money. And if you go to a location, fully prepared, and work diligently, but still run out of time, call while there and ask for more time/pay. They may ask why, and may possibly decide it is important enough to complete the tasks to pay the extra.

Then document everything in the report.

BTW, All my perms are paid at a higher rate than base pay, some due to driving distance.
Go to Top of Page

BarbaraF
Contributor

Fruita, CO
USA
82 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2009 :  7:26:13 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I walked in to a perm store today that has Sony. I was told to look "hard" in the directions for the shipment of "Taking of Pelham 123". Sony movies are usually processed in (this is the only store I have that actually scans them into their system) and then placed into a locked store room in the backroom. Today I enter, looking hard for the movie display and discover a 1/2 full box of movies from Sony that I have never seen since taking this assignment back in June. I have always noticed stacks of movies in this room, but never noticed there were any Sony movies as most of them were from other companies. I sorted through close to 900 movies today, digging out a variety of way older Sony movies. I even found some that I could stock on the current display because they were on the planogram. I ended up spending just over an hour reorganizing their locked room in order to find all the Sony movies. I placed them in a box and wrote "HOLD FOR RETURN" because.....believe it or not....I'm out of return labels!!! It's a first!!! But now you can walk into the room and look around and find what you are looking for...but not "The Taking of Pelham 123". I found the whopping 4 movies that were shipped elsewhere in the backroom. No corrugate. They have totally stopped sending corrugates to this store for some odd reason, truly leaving me with no where to stock these movies. What are they thinking???

And yes, at this store I get stuck with more assignments on top of my movie assignments and am never paid extra for them. Something doesn't seem right about that.

Barbara
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2009 :  7:58:41 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Where do I begin?

Robin: Feel free to drop me a note. I was not sure if you want to chat with a local competitor. Who knows? I may drop you a note.
To answer your question, you are not alone. Just read back a few pages for the surprises that many of us (including me) have vented about.

Like: A couple of unannounced DVD boxes landing in the grocery stores that I service. While some promotions are on the weekly instructions, other SONY promotional shipments are not and compete with my known items for floor space.
Pelham 123 last week and The Ugly Truth landed today in my grocery stores. One manager killed the October releases corrugate to make room for them. The other location killed these titles in favor of the corrugates with more titles to offer.
OH! Did I mention that the report form has two different Page 2s??

Who took on the baby crib assemblies? How many were you able to put together? I stood around in the square box discount store for 30+ minutes. When they gave me the miniture version for display, I spent another hour trying to make the assembly look like the others in the store. In my case, I called #2 twice. The first person instructed me to wait around for the manager to show up. The second call was to someone who has a clue. She said FORGET IT. It will not work out!! Some dummy making the model holes placed them in the wrong place in some units. She said that I still have to go to my other locations since some units are capable of being assembled correctly. The manager and I ended up putting together the single long side with the sign and strapping that into the display like a competitor did.

OH! The best of the bunch? OM resets have a DVD title both on the POG and the Deleted Titles list!! PLUS the new rack is four titles across and five rows down. The POG is five titles across and four rows down.

UPDATE: Date: Nov 10 2009 9:51PM
Subject: OMX110909 - revised H-rack planogram now posted
Somebody PLEASE tell them I have already left the store! I called them to tell them that little detail, but they were too busy to answer the phone. Now, I will have to see what they expect me to do about it.

Now if anybody missed me, you know why.

Lets see tommorrow:
2 MEN resets.
2 more OM resets.
2 more minature cribs to assemble.
1 MS for another company.

More work being offered that I don't dare look at right now. I'm working sick. I may need to see a doctor that I can't afford, but I'm not going to sit in a doctor's waiting room watching the tv for 30 minutes minimum for the pay they are offering.

Jeff Hix
Serving metro Omaha, Nebraska including Bellevue, Papillion, La Vista, Ralston, Plattsmouth and Council Bluffs, Iowa.
MSPA Silver Certified - MSPA Gold Certified - NARMS Proficiency Test PASSED
Go to Top of Page

Jonathan B.
Star Contributor

Smyrna, Tennessee
USA
469 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2009 :  8:20:25 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote

They have now posted the correct POG for the H-rack for Office Max.

Several of my perms. are paid extra mainly b/c of drive time too. I'm one of the few willing to drive to the boonies consistently in my area.

My main gripe on extra tasks is the stuff added onto the balloon inflation. . .they never seem to get the extra tasks paid on the correct payroll cycle.

Jonathan B.
Go to Top of Page

Gayle R
Star Contributor

Eastern Shore, VA
USA
1396 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2009 :  9:42:43 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Marla I always call the bank to check on the depoait before attempting to spend any of it. I only do the permanent assignments for CMS these days. DVDs, phones & balloons. But they add tasks to those things too. Like the previous poster I didn't sign up for the extra tasks so it is a little irritating. Some of you say you don't get paid for the extra time re: the additional tasks? I would be calling them. I always get paid extra time for extra work, or I wouldn't be doing it. I don't work for free. (Speaking of which. Jeff, did you ever get a paycheck.) The extra pay amt is always stated right on the assignemnt details. My materials for the FD stores this week still have not arrived. I called this evening when I got home & of course could not get through to anybody. I left a message but was not really comfortable with that option. I found an extension I had written doen for "Peggy" & called that. I got voice mail from her telling me the days & hours she worked which this was one of them. That's it, no option to leave a message or offer to transfer to someone else, nothing. Then I got 2 suprises, actually 3. (1) They called me back at 8 P.M. and (2) told me they worked til 10:30 and (3) that I could complete this assignment the first of next week. She also asked me If I had ever gotten one of their recorded calls about updating status/missed assignments? Told me I might get one, even though she was updating as we spoke & I should just ignore it. Sounded like she wasn't too happy with those calls herself.

Gayle
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2009 :  05:48:59 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Jeff,
Completed several of the cribs yesterday. First one, like yours, justified a call for help. While I was waiting for the call to time out and allow me to leave a message, I saw my goof: The 4 legs are drilled differently, and will only work one way. The instructions should have told us to start with the smaller end piece (with the sign) and find the two legs with the extra holes, and start building from there.The rest went smooth, if you don't consider the surly attitude of the dept. managers, and the managers that told me I have to BOLT THE DISPLAY DOWN where zip ties are not allowed.
Go to Top of Page

BarbaraF
Contributor

Fruita, CO
USA
82 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2009 :  05:56:30 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Great...I still have to do that project. I've been sort of avoiding doing the cribs. I know that most of my Walmart assemblers in the area put stuff together way before I get there and that's what I'm praying for!! My luck, I'll actually have to do it and I'll have a ton of problems.

Barbara
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2848 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2009 :  05:58:05 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Gayle, calling my bank is like calling Certified.

I used to have a mini crib close to the description on the display, just alittle wider. It was a bassinett size. My 2 assignments, both mgrs wanted their 'display assembler' to assemble. Ok, good enough for me. It's their stores/depts.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2009 :  06:10:47 AM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
So my mistake was to use the wood dolls in those holes?
Once I make contact with the Wal-Mart folks, we get along great. It is making that contact that is difficult.

quote:
Originally posted by Dar-L

Jeff,
Completed several of the cribs yesterday. First one, like yours, justified a call for help. While I was waiting for the call to time out and allow me to leave a message, I saw my goof: The 4 legs are drilled differently, and will only work one way. The instructions should have told us to start with the smaller end piece (with the sign) and find the two legs with the extra holes, and start building from there.The rest went smooth, if you don't consider the surly attitude of the dept. managers, and the managers that told me I have to BOLT THE DISPLAY DOWN where zip ties are not allowed.

Jeff Hix
Serving metro Omaha, Nebraska including Bellevue, Papillion, La Vista, Ralston, Plattsmouth and Council Bluffs, Iowa.
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2009 :  06:42:14 AM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
The freezer assignments are back at a much lower flat rate this time. I DID NOT request them when they came back. They autoassigned two of them to me. I canceled one of them and ALL my assignments disappeared.

They deactivated me. I found this out by accident.

I wonder what would have happened if I completed my scheduled assignments today and could not report them tonight.

I have over 25 unpaid jobs on the books with no way to contact payroll to inquire when or if they will ever pay me.

UPDATE: I received some payments DD 12/04/09 and 12/07/09. I have no way to know for what since I cannot sign on.

Jeff Hix
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2009 :  07:23:13 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Wow Jeff, look like you get a much needed day off to recuperate? Call Peggy, I'm sure she can straighten everything out. Best of luck with them!

As to the cribs, the wood pegs were not the prob... The end with the sign is shorter than the other, and only 2 of the 4 legs have extra holes to accommodate this (near the bottom of the legs). That's why I suggested to start with the end with the sign, find the 2 legs that work with this, and then put the rest together.

Hope you feel better!
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2009 :  07:56:22 AM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I called scheduling. They just transferred me to the helpdesk that gave me the bad news. The help desk person called the person that deactivated me. He was told that I could not be reactivated.
I asked for a supervisor. I was transferred to a voicemail for the supervisor. That voicemail said that supervisor is off on Wednesdays.
Today is Wednesday.
All my assignments are on the job board for anybody to take including my PERMS.

Oh well ... look at all the paper and ink that I'm not using.

I wonder if I should send them back all those PRP labels and $8.00 stickers. na ... that would just confuse them.

Jeff Hix
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2848 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2009 :  07:57:46 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I don't remember what the rate was before, I know it said 3 hrs, then 1 hr. Now it's a flat rate of $6 for 30 min. for the same amount of work. How cheap do they think we are willing to work for???

Jeff, sorry you got deactivated.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Meli
Valued Contributor

Houston, Texas
USA
129 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2009 :  10:00:48 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Jeff did they say why you were deactivated? If they cancel a job and then lower the payment dramtically (they were at $8/hr with an expected 3 hours before) before sticking it back on your job list, then you should have the right to refuse it. You accepted it initially under the condition of an expected rate of pay. It's not economically feasible to do a job for a $6 flat rate, particularly at a store that can generally take 30 minute just to find a manager, and the company should realize that.
Once they lowered the pay to that extent it should have gone back on the jobs available list in order to let people choose if they want to take them at that rate or not.

Meli
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2009 :  11:37:41 AM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Meli

If it were for any other reason, the timing was very curious. It happened the second that I canceled the first of the freezer assignments.
I canceled a DG last week because the scheduler accidently entered the wrong one onto my assignments. She got the correct two I wanted plus she hit enter for a DG (normal rate) in a different town 147 miles away.
Some so&so may have counted that against me despite the fact that I explained in the cancelation space provided.

Locally, somebody may be in for a shock when she learns some resets were not completed while she was on vacation.

Jeff Hix
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2848 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2009 :  2:07:07 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Don't give up, Certified de-activated my son and I called in and got him re-activated. They CAN do it, if they want to.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2009 :  3:01:33 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It's a difficult situation with MF/CRI. Normally I would never cancel an assignment online, instead I would call and explain myself to a real person. But CRI is so difficult to get to talk to anymore. MF has a reputation of blocking shoppers from certain types of clients for the slightest infraction or tardiness. I guess it's 'one cancellation in a month and you are on probation,two and you're de-activated?'
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 81 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.34 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums