Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Merchandising & Demo
 Feedback Requested: Certified Marketing Services (CMS) (2)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 81

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2009 :  3:57:10 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was applying with MF and then decided that I did not to give them the names of my references without knowing IF I was going to be offered work. I decided later that I would, but they 'blackballed' me and refused to allow me to change my mind. Their loss, not mine. I now have more work than I have energy. Other companies don't ask for references, and are much nicer to work with.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Gayle R
Star Contributor

Eastern Shore, VA
USA
1396 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2009 :  7:25:23 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Jeff I once agreed to do a job for them on a one time basis as a favor. I made it very clear to them that I did not want this assignment permanently as it was not the type of assignment I am interested in. Well the next month, guess what. here came new materials & the assignment was on my schedule. I canceled online, sent a message & called. I was told everything was OK. I even offered to return the materials but they said not necessary. Well the next time I went to file reports I was deactivated. Called again, spoke to someone different (of course) & was told I was deactivated for not completing an assignment. Went through the whole story again & they did re-activate me. Call & find out the reason for deactivation & take it from there.

Gayle
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2009 :  8:05:06 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the support folks. I have called to no avail. I have written, but we all know how long it takes for some of them to react.
I called twice for a supervisor who was working today (Wednesday). Each time, I was transferred to a voicemail saying he was not working today and leave him a message. The second time, I did leave a message. Nobody has responded to voicemail and email today.

On the bright side, I did receive inquiry to my availability from other merchandiser/audit companies for a couple of assignments each in the near future. I don't know if it will be repeat business, but at least I can focus on something else than MF for a while.

Now if my luck holds as it has the the past month or two, I'll book a full week ... that's when I'll get a call or email from them. At least the PMA side of me is thinking.

Jeff Hix
Serving metro Omaha, Nebraska including Bellevue, Papillion, La Vista, Ralston, Plattsmouth and Council Bluffs, Iowa.
MSPA Silver Certified - MSPA Gold Certified - NARMS Proficiency Test PASSED
Go to Top of Page

Harold.Sheffield

Miami, FL
USA
48 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2009 :  8:10:13 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Jeff..Im deeply involved with them (33 assignments pending) and recieve constant update phone calls from different point of contacts..let me do some looking and get u some live names you can talk to..

Harold Sheffield
Miami FL 33157
harold.sheffield@gmail.com
305-905-2993
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2009 :  04:35:03 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Jeff, I hope you will be happy with the other companies. If one of them is the one we have chatting about, give me a heads up, my RM is very busy he hired 40 people in my region. Hopefully you're one of them.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Marjorie Powell
Valued Contributor

New Orleans, LA
USA
111 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2009 :  08:36:36 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Jeff, I am also very active with CMI...50-75 permanent assignments. Try these numbers Bryan Ext.1689, Mary Ext. 1582, Dory Ext.1535, Nicholle Ext 1602, Mary Ext.1684. I am unsure it they can help you but I'm sure they would be glad to transfer you to someone who can. Since the phone system has changed again you can't dial the extension directly but I would dial the main number, press "0" for the operator and asked to be transferred to one of the extensions. It's our loss that Chris has been transferred to a different section and no longer comes to this forum. He was an assest to us with questions concerning CMI.
Go to Top of Page

TerriSue
Apprentice

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2009 :  1:11:58 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I e-mailed Certified Merchandising to let them know I thought $6 was awfully cheap to drive to download all the paperwork, drive to the store, do the fixture install, merchandise the product, take a picture, and do the reporting!! $6 - they have got to be kidding! I'm sure it'd take at least an hour there and over 30 minutes bookwork!

The reply to me was that was what the company offered to pay and if I didn't like it to just not take on the job. My reply was I know that...but they should say something to the company for offering such low pay.
Go to Top of Page

Angela Harrington

mid-michigan, MI
USA
43 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2009 :  3:57:06 PM  Visit Angela Harrington's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hope you get everything staightend out Jeff. I did Laugh when you posted this :
but I'm not going to sit in a doctor's waiting room watching the tv for 30 minutes minimum for the pay they are offering.

THere are about 10 or more of these sitting in my area. NOBODY wants them. Even the $2.00 bonus came and went last week and they are still sitting there.
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2009 :  4:11:43 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did a couple of those, then realized...
What a perfect place to catch the flu!!!
Go to Top of Page

Harold.Sheffield

Miami, FL
USA
48 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2009 :  4:19:36 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
..Ive been procrastinating these doctor office visits all week...lol

Harold Sheffield
Miami FL 33157
harold.sheffield@gmail.com
305-905-2993
Go to Top of Page

Gayle R
Star Contributor

Eastern Shore, VA
USA
1396 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2009 :  7:22:19 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Marjorie you can still dial the extensions. I just did it Tues.

Gayle
Go to Top of Page

Jonathan B.
Star Contributor

Smyrna, Tennessee
USA
469 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2009 :  7:22:29 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Jeff,

I second what Marjorie said on contact numbers. Nichole and Dory are great; Dory has helped me out several times. If she doesn't have an answer, she will call back when she gets one.

Jonathan B.
Go to Top of Page

Marjorie Powell
Valued Contributor

New Orleans, LA
USA
111 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2009 :  11:57:55 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Gayle, thanks...I was unsure if you could still dial the extension numbers or not. I rarely if ever call them...I'm not one to use my cell phone minutes to sit on hold. LOL....and I really don't have any desire to talk to some of the people who work in that office so I don't call unless there is no other way to solve any problem that might arise. I've gotten to the point where I don't even answer my phone when I look at the caller id and see that it's them calling. I have enough permanent assignments and work for other companys so not looking for them last minute assignments with the bonus pay on them when the amount with the bonus is what they should have been paying from jump street....They really kinda ticked me off last month when I got a call telling me that I had to give up 8 of my permanent DG stores that I had been servicing for over a year because I was over the limit allowed by 8. That would have been fine but they are in areas that no one wants to take and they end up staying on the assignment board because they can't fill them. I'll never understand why companys limit the reps to the number of permanent assignments they can take as long as the assignments are done on time and correctly. I was given the explanation that CMI does that in case someone has alot of permanent assignments and the rep gets angry and quits...then they end up with alot of assignments to fill. Gawddddd if they would treat the reps right to begin with and pay them a decent fee the reps wouldn't quit in the first place. I have no problem with my monthly income from CMI only because I have so many easy permanent assignments that I have been doing for over a year. The quantity makes up the low fees.
Go to Top of Page

MaryRod
Star Contributor

El Centro, CA
USA
542 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2009 :  12:30:48 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Which is the extention to get paid, They still owe me 24 hours of work for the repackaging on Playtex. I owe the partners I worked with and they keep knocking at my doors, and calling me for their money. I've sent inquire messages and I haven't received a reply for over a month now. Job completed on 9/24/09.

I only receive email for jobs of $4-$6, not enough to cover the gas expense!

~~ Please consider the environment before printing unnecessary pages.~~
~*~Mary~*~
Go to Top of Page

BarbaraF
Contributor

Fruita, CO
USA
82 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2009 :  05:37:35 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
So what is the "rule" with cancelling. I have cancelled a few jobs now. Guess I better go look to see if I am still active. I just cancelled one the other day that I had as a perm assignment. I called and actually cancelled the perm assignment and then it magically reappeared on my schedule....go figure.

Barbara
Go to Top of Page

BarbaraF
Contributor

Fruita, CO
USA
82 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2009 :  05:45:18 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
OMG! I am glad I logged in to check. I got an assignment some time between yesterday and this morning with a due date of 11/12. It's one of the doctor's office jobs. I applied for it back on the 1st. I was going to be in the area, and guess what, I'm not now....it's a little late. It's a 1 1/2 hour drive for me to get there and I just can't squeeze that in right now. Plus, it's not like they are paying me any extra for gas or anything. I applied for it originally because a company that does pay me gas had me in the area. I sent a message on the message board, can't wait to see their reply.

Barbara
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2009 :  06:46:44 AM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MaryRod

Which is the extention to get paid, They still owe me 24 hours of work for the repackaging on Playtex. I owe the partners I worked with and they keep knocking at my doors, and calling me for their money. I've sent inquire messages and I haven't received a reply for over a month now. Job completed on 9/24/09.

I only receive email for jobs of $4-$6, not enough to cover the gas expense!

I don't know their phone, but the reply to a pay inquiry that I made came from "pay inquiry" <payinquiry@marketforce.com>. I wrote back to that addy. It was over a week, but they did respond.

Jeff Hix
Serving metro Omaha, Nebraska including Bellevue, Papillion, La Vista, Ralston, Plattsmouth and Council Bluffs, Iowa.
MSPA Silver Certified - MSPA Gold Certified - NARMS Proficiency Test PASSED
Go to Top of Page

Gayle R
Star Contributor

Eastern Shore, VA
USA
1396 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2009 :  8:01:46 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
You cannot call for a pay inquiry (that is what I was told). You have to make the inquiry online & then wait till they get around to answering it. BTW I still haven't gotten my supplies for the FD that were supposed to have been done this week. When I called Tuesday I was told they had been sent out Monday. Must be Pony Express. They extended the due date to 11/17. But unless they come tomorrow (Sat) I won't get them till Mon evening at the earliest & I can't do them all on Tues. I have other things to do. I am working tomorrow partly because this threw my schedule off for the week & partly because of the storm that blew through here.

Gayle
Go to Top of Page

Jonathan B.
Star Contributor

Smyrna, Tennessee
USA
469 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2009 :  8:18:35 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Gayle,

Does tracking info. not show up for your shipment (under the "Shipping History") tab? If shipped by Fedex or UPS, I am able to see progress and projected delivery date.

Jonathan B.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2009 :  2:53:25 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The shipping info is only for things that are sent out by Cert/MF. If it comes directly from client, it doesn't usually show.

Marla
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 81 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.44 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums