Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Merchandising & Demo
 Feedback Requested: Certified Marketing Services (CMS) (2)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 81

BekkiCat
Star Contributor

Charlotte, NC
USA
296 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2009 :  6:18:59 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anyone signed on for the IVW setup for Roses? I received a message saying they've extended the setup time (for my Plan B) from 3.5 to 5 hrs (and, there is no cap which is unreal for CMS!) I haven't even gotten the paperwork yet (due next week) and am starting to wonder if this is going to be one big mess! Anyone else have any thoughts?

Bekki
Gold-certified
Undercover Essentials video-certified
Go to Top of Page

Gayle R
Star Contributor

Eastern Shore, VA
USA
1396 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2009 :  8:25:36 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Jonathan they came today.

Gayle
Go to Top of Page

JenGA
Valued Contributor

Kingsburg, CA
USA
157 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2009 :  1:06:13 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Did anyone do the bra resets? I got a call today about an overdue shop (from Aug) and no offer was made for a pay increase . $8 an hour for 6 hours, and it needed to be done 24-48 hours from when the materials are received-no clue as to when that would happen. Was it easy enough to do or should I run as fast as I can?

Jen
Mystery Shopping in the Central Valley of CA since 2005
Silver Certified since December 2008
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2009 :  1:22:55 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Very few people liked that one Jen. IMO - forget it - RUN the other way at the speed of a Lear jet. Do NOT give them any word that could be contrued as agreement unless you can get someone to work with you, more money and uncapped time.
There is a reason that project is still available in most cities when other less than desirable projects eventually get filled.

BT Barnum said it best. "There is a fool born every minute ... even me."

Scroll back a few pages. Everybody that I remember reading said it took more time. That project has a history of slow pay for some reason.

YMMV

Jeff Hix
Serving metro Omaha, Nebraska including Bellevue, Papillion, La Vista, Ralston, Plattsmouth and Council Bluffs, Iowa.
MSPA Silver Certified - MSPA Gold Certified - NARMS Proficiency Test PASSED
Go to Top of Page

Quinn
Star Contributor

Atlanta, GA
USA
50246 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2009 :  7:01:59 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jeff68005

BT Barnum said it best. "There is a fool born every minute ... even me."
I think PT Barnum said, "There's a sucker born every minute.", however, I do agree with you about that particular job.
Go to Top of Page

Jonathan B.
Star Contributor

Smyrna, Tennessee
USA
469 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2009 :  8:50:31 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Jen,

I didn't do the bra resets, but from what I read that others posted run as fast as you can away from it.

Gayle,
Glad you finally got the FD materials.

I'm a little bummed. My assignment for the shelf change-outs at Wal-Mart that got reduced in hours, then cancelled, then added back at 30 min. cap was removed from me b/c I was only assigned one. According to the message board, the client required each person to have at least 2 locations. Why in the world??? Oh well, maybe it's for the best. I just hope it doesn't count as a cancellation on my part since it was per the client.

Jonathan B.
Go to Top of Page

JenGA
Valued Contributor

Kingsburg, CA
USA
157 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2009 :  09:22:03 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the insight. I've been getting calls from them almost daily about one assignment or another-this one and the prepaid card reset, and both have been pushy about when they needed to get done-and are offering no leeway on the dates. Yet all the assignments still sit on the board. As hard as I'm working between shops and report filling, I don't need added stress.

Jen
Mystery Shopping in the Central Valley of CA since 2005
Silver Certified since December 2008
Go to Top of Page

Harold.Sheffield

Miami, FL
USA
48 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2009 :  09:25:20 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Have any one of you guys had problems with the paperwork being able to
be downloaded?? Ive got twelve outstanding assignments this week i cant get started on and the paperwork is not ready yet?? Also how many hours are these assignments billable..2 or 4???

Harold Sheffield
Miami FL 33157
harold.sheffield@gmail.com
305-905-2993
Go to Top of Page

Ellinbeth
Valued Contributor

USA
129 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2009 :  12:38:42 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Harold, paperwork is finally up (at least for the Sony DVDs).

But to everyone: you may want to wait before filling it in. I spent half an hour just for one store, and after completing 31 tedious entries inventorying movies, it won't let me advance to the next screen!!!!

Ellinbeth
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2009 :  1:59:48 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I had no problems downloading, and lucky for me, I don't have to do inventory at my DG stores.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Harold.Sheffield

Miami, FL
USA
48 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2009 :  3:46:35 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
.. paperwork just downloaded for the winn dixie stores

Harold Sheffield
Miami FL 33157
harold.sheffield@gmail.com
305-905-2993
Go to Top of Page

Jonathan B.
Star Contributor

Smyrna, Tennessee
USA
469 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2009 :  8:14:08 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've not had paperwork issues, but I've had data entry screen issues. . .FREDTRAC project started on Monday, DE screens not ready til today. . .I go to report and it says visits should not be made before 11/18, although project started on 11/16. I try to change the date and screen says "You have entered a date after today's date, please change" Oh well, I won't report those tonight. I'm not waiting up til midnight just to file a report.

Jonathan B.
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2009 :  8:34:46 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Some of the grocery DVD locations have promotions starting the 18th. Check your paperwork to see if your grocery location is one of them. IF so, that is why the message.
You are supposed to change the signage on the 18th and then a week later.

Jeff Hix
Serving metro Omaha, Nebraska including Bellevue, Papillion, La Vista, Ralston, Plattsmouth and Council Bluffs, Iowa.
MSPA Silver Certified - MSPA Gold Certified - NARMS Proficiency Test PASSED
Go to Top of Page

Diane H

McCook, NE
USA
22 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2009 :  9:05:47 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hey Jeff, any luck with the powers that be, or have you gone there yet????

Diane H
Randomly wandering southwest Nebraska knowing that eventually better things will come!
MSPA Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

BekkiCat
Star Contributor

Charlotte, NC
USA
296 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2009 :  9:40:38 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The Roses fixtures haven't come in to my location and it's due tomorrow. The store manager is as confused as I am. He has the mdse but not the 200 lb. fixture. Did have an amusing request--got a call requesting for someone to come and "watch me work this reset since 'I'm supposed to be a qualified merchandiser'" I asked if this person was going to help meto which there was a pause (imagine that) and told "probably not." I politely declined this offer. Could be the beginning of a deactivation for all I know??? This has now been designated to be a 5 hour setup from, previously, a 3 1/2 hr. job[(which will most likely end up being 7 hrs. since they haven't put a cap on it)] and I've never done one for this store. In my book, it's like the old saying, " . . .$10 for helping you do the job, $15 for watching you do the job--something like that." Anyone else received one of these "offers?"

Bekki
Gold-certified
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2009 :  04:44:33 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Bekki, did the request come from Certified? If not, it was probably someone interested in doing our type of work. OR maybe the client??? If it's the client, they may be trying to figure out how difficult/time consuming the job is.

I agree, I don't like to have someone watching me work.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

BekkiCat
Star Contributor

Charlotte, NC
USA
296 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2009 :  1:30:30 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Marla,the request came from Certified. Thankfully, the fixture for the setup hasn't come in and the rep is now out of the area. Probably does want to see how long it takes but for this upcoming assignment, I couldn't begin to say how long it's gonna take. They've already raised the hours from 3.5 to 5 hours with no cap which is totally unlike CMS!

Bekki
Gold-certified
Go to Top of Page

Gayle R
Star Contributor

Eastern Shore, VA
USA
1396 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2009 :  7:53:38 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I need to vent. One of my WM stores never has helium for the balloons, despite repeated reminders from me & supposedly CMS It has been almost 2 mo since I've been able to place any balloons. Visit will show up on my schedule & a few days later it is gone & I get the standard message from CMS that some stores have been removed due to lack of helium. The visit showed up about a week ago, due this week & this time it stayed there. So Sun Night I print out my report form, ready to go on Tues. Mon night I am reporting some of my DVD stores & there is a Balloon "Request" assignment for Jan. 2010 at the top of the page & under that my balloon visit has been changed to a precall. Go to check the download & all the original paper work is gone. Instead there is a one page instruction me to call & see if any helium has been delivered & a reporting form to fill out letting them know yes or no. (No pay for this) It also stated that if the store had helium I was to go ahead & make my visit. I call while on the road yesterday & after going through a few people I find out that there is helium in the store. I was told 3 full tanks but actually there was only one. I tried to reach CMS to verify that I was to make the visit because when I checked the site yesterday morning there was no assignment on there for a visit. I didn't want to do it & then find out there was no way to report it. I couldn't get through to them (naturally) so I decided to go ahead & do the visit anyway. Get home last night, answer their precall question & no further reporting screens show up. I'm thinking, OK I'll just keep this form & use it for the next scheduled visit. I get home this evening & there is a message from CMS that my balloon visit is due by 8A.M. tomorrow morning or else. The usual threats, no pay, file will be reviewed, might be de-activated & so forth. Sure enough now the reporting form for a visit is back on the screen. I'm certainly glad that I did the visit yesterday but I resent the threats when they are the ones that took the original assignment off the screen. And why do we have to put all those 0's for scrapped balloons when we only have 2 or 3 that are scrapped & why do they keep sending us instructions on how to scrap the D--- things? I get it already. I would complain to CMS about the threatening message but it's useless. At least I know y'all are listening to me. Thanks.

Gayle
Go to Top of Page

Jonathan B.
Star Contributor

Smyrna, Tennessee
USA
469 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2009 :  9:44:03 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Gayle,

I get the "due by 8 am" message every week, b/c I always do some of my stores on Thurs. and Fri. So far, I have had no issues as long as I have updated my status which I do every day.

Jonathan B.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2009 :  1:21:18 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
If nobody has noticed but my son and I have received pay, check cut yesterday and DD also. Amazing since we were just paid on 11/9 and then again on 11/18. NOT complaining.

Marla
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 81 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.31 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums