Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Merchandising & Demo
 Feedback Requested: Certified Marketing Services (CMS) (2)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 81

Gayle R
Star Contributor

Eastern Shore, VA
USA
1396 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2009 :  7:55:21 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
No stickers, new ballons or helium at my store Jonathan. I traveled 40 miles for nothing. Most of the time the tracking info will show a shipment being rec but the store cannot find it & knows nothing about it. So if it is not with my reg supply of balloons I have given up asking about it. It is useless & it shows up eventually, although sometimes 2 months later so Lord knows when I will get the new stickers. I told them about the low helium 2 wks ago but that didn't do much good either, so I told them again this week. The weird thing is I will have a full tank on one visit & when I go back next time it is almost empty but there are no new balloons on the floor.

BTW for those of you doing the DVDs in DG, do you remember if all the $10 movies were changed to $8. I still have a lot of movies with the $10 sticker on them.

Gayle
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2009 :  04:46:31 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Some of my dvd Stores prices dropped from $10 to $8, but not all of them. I had to have to stores price check scan them to be sure. We were to get new $8 stickers to place over the old $10 stickers. If the store scans out at $8 and you don't have stickers, on your report tell them how many stickers you need. Warning, it will take a few weeks, in my case, before the stickers arrive.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

BarbaraF
Contributor

Fruita, CO
USA
82 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2009 :  06:37:51 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Ellin,

I got the same email about the HUGE bonus. I laughed so hard last night that my hubby wondered what was wrong. I showed him and he laughed too!

Barbara
Go to Top of Page

Robin75

NE
USA
19 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2009 :  06:53:19 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was also amused about the "Huge" bonus, since I accepted this similiar job for $8.00 dollars. I guess for me that would be almost 50%. LOL! Oh, well. I also like Certified, since I have completed tons of assignments for them. I could be as busy as I wanted to be.

Robin75
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2009 :  09:11:58 AM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
What was laughable to me they were all @ 12 in my area. The email said it was $x.xx and now offered at 15.
More laughable was the limited time frame to do the task in. All my other audits for that type of business say specifically to stay out most of those hours. Go figure.

===============
Robin - there are more of them in our area. I just was not sure about the tasks involved. I smelled a uh-oooo from the description. I did not perceive complete disclosure of all to be done. Since you did one, were there any surprises compared to the description on the assignment signup info?

Jeff Hix
Serving metro Omaha, Nebraska including Bellevue, Papillion, La Vista, Ralston, Plattsmouth and Council Bluffs, Iowa.
MSPA Silver Certified - MSPA Gold Certified - NARMS Proficiency Test PASSED
Go to Top of Page

Jonathan B.
Star Contributor

Smyrna, Tennessee
USA
469 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2009 :  7:39:56 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
None of my DG stores were supposed to get the $8 stickers

Gayle, It's good to know I'm not the only one that has trouble finding shipments sometimes at Walmart. I have one store that recently had a remodel. The balloons were in a different spot each week! One time I spent 45 minutes searching and 15 minutes inflating, and these were packages that I knew to be in the store b/c I had worked out of them the previous visit.

Jonathan B.
Go to Top of Page

Gayle R
Star Contributor

Eastern Shore, VA
USA
1396 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2009 :  7:50:49 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Here's what happened in my stores Marla. The same week we were to change stickers from $10 to $8 (all my stores) I went into the hospital for my surgery & was out of work for 1 mo. I had a helper doing my stores for me & I had taken her with me several times for training so she din't go into this cold. She told me a couple of weeks later that one of the stores could not get the new $8 price to come up on the register at the time of sale so that mngr pulled all the $8 stickers off. When I went back to work last week this mngr told me the same thing, said she couldn't even override the $10 price so that is why she pulled the $10 stickers off. I checked with my other stores & none of them had this problem but I did notice a lot of $10 stickers on the DVDs. That is what got me to thinking maybe some of the DVDs remained at $10 while others went to $8 but it's been a month & I don't remember. I did ask for more $8 stickers on the reporting forms last visit for all my stores. They asked how many still had $10 stickers so they would know how many new $8 stickers to send. This now makes me think that all $10 movies in these stores are supposed to be marked at $8? I'll get some of them price scanned next week & figure it out. BTW, one of the other store mngrs said the reason this person couldn't get the DVDs to scan at the new price involed something she did or didn't do with her register/computer. She was going to call her as she was the mngr at that store up until a couple of weeks ago. Maybe they got it figured out.

Gayle
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2009 :  6:30:04 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Out of the 3 stores that I had, only 1 got the $8 stickers, the other 2 stayed the same.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2009 :  7:33:03 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
As a new kid on the DVD block, I have a question ... maybe more.

I see some of you posting about applying stickers to stock, but what about sticker removal??? If the promo is over, what then?

I have two stores in a national grocery chain. Many of the DVDs now in place have a coupon that is now expired on them. Many of the others have a promotion sticker that will expire at the end of the month. I am thinking if I pull on the stickers, the plastic wrap will tear making the items look poorly.

Do any of you have a suggestion based on experience? I did not see that covered in my instructions. I have a changeout just before the end of the month.

Thanks for any feedback.

Jeff Hix
Serving metro Omaha, Nebraska including Bellevue, Papillion, La Vista, Ralston, Plattsmouth and Council Bluffs, Iowa.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2009 :  06:23:44 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
When placing the stickers, you just cover neatly the old sticker. Do not try to remove the old sticker, yes it will tear the plastic and nobody will buy that dvd. To remove coupon stickers, what I do is tear off the coupon by leaving the back plastic. It doesn't look to bad unless there is alot of dust and dirt around. Which stickers are you talking about? The staycations coupons are still good for alittle while, a couple more weeks I think.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2009 :  07:11:34 AM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Staycation expires EOM - a couple of days after my scheduled changeout. Some stickers on the DVDs in stock expired 09/19/09.
Thanks for your insight.

Jeff Hix
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2009 :  07:53:09 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just noticed on the available assignments, all of my DG dvd stores were there along with the stores that are not mine. I quickly accepted them again, this time the date was 10/05/09. I don't know if this was a 'fluke' in the system or not, but I received my stores under my 'current assignments'. I hope I continue to get the bonused amount for the one store.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2009 :  7:58:09 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Now you have me wondering. I just went perm on two stores. One of them in October was up for assignment like yours. I had to run. When I returned to the PC, it was gone. I have no idea if somebody picked it up or a scheduler got a clue on her own.
I fixed my rate to average out changeouts and normal visits. I have a changeout next. I'll be very unhappy if somebody else gets it next month after I cleaned it up.

Jeff Hix
Go to Top of Page

Jonathan B.
Star Contributor

Smyrna, Tennessee
USA
469 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2009 :  8:38:04 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Mine were all assigned to me for 10/5/09 like they were supposed to be. At least when I checked it this evening. I'd call just to make sure the rate of pay is what it is supposed to be for you.

Jonathan B.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2009 :  04:41:43 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I emailed them and they got back with me, thru the message board. My pay is staying the same. I did sign up for one more store that someonelse had had, but now it's not available. Must have been one of those 'glitches' again. But everything is back to normal.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

BarbaraF
Contributor

Fruita, CO
USA
82 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2009 :  3:48:43 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anyone ever had a store manager chew them out in front of customers? I couldn't believe it happened today. I went to a convenience store today to merchandise maps. I got there and a clerk and I checked in the box. It was one map short. I proceeded to start replinshing and then the manager came out and yelled at me. She told me to stop immediately and to not put another map on the rack. I said ok. She wanted to know what I was going to do about the missing map. I told her that I did not specifically work for RM, but I was just a third party merchandiser. I then suggested that she call RM and ask what she should do. She then demanded that I give her the name and number of my boss, so I gave her the number to CMS. The whole thing happened in front of a ton of customers leaving me feel inches high. She then returned with all my paperwork, which she had taken from me earlier, and told me to finish my job. I said ok and thanked her for returning my paperwork. After I left, I called CMS to give them fair warning. What do you do in situations like this?

Barbara
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2009 :  5:06:32 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I had something similiar when I was doing the KM videos for Spar, I simply could not complete everything that was needed in the time allowed. I even stayed over between 15 and 30 minutes, on my own time. The store acting manager demanded that I stay and complete the entire dept and asked for my bosses name. The only person I had with my DM, the store called her, she called me and told me to stay 2 additional hours. Unfortunately, she did not have authorization to approve it. Finally my RM approved it, but it was tense. A couple of weeks later, the store got a new manager and things eased up. I did not keep that assignment for many weeks after that.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Bolan747
Valued Contributor

New Albany, IN
USA
172 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2009 :  5:08:40 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Not on a job for CMS, but I have had this happen before. I always have them talk to the company I am working for, and it usually results in my being able to complete my work. One situation that happened to me was years ago. A previous merchandiser had gotten into a disagreement that escalated into a fistfight in the parking lot of the store, and the manager thought I was that person. He proceeded to chew me out good. Once I convinced him that I was not who he thought I was, and called my boss, he let me do my job. Fast forward a few years later - this store went out of business, and he got a job managing another store I work at - different store entirely, new chain for him. He has offered me employment there. So if you have the company intervene on your behalf, and do a good job for them, eventually you may get along fine.
Go to Top of Page

BeverlyAnn
Star Contributor

USA
468 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2009 :  5:40:10 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was doing maps for another company in a grocery chain, and was in the back Receiving area with the store manager, checking the shipment against what was on the invoice. We were short several maps.

So what I did was say out loud, "Well, this isn't right...how can they
try to charge you for something you didn't receive?" And then I called the number on the invoice, and told them the problem, and that the store should NOT be charged for the missing maps....this was all in front of the manager, mind you. I received instructions on what to do, told the manager, and he was happy. I think he felt I was in HIS corner, and wanted to do what I could to help the store, so he was fine.

BeverlyAnn
Silver Certified x6xbkn
Go to Top of Page

Jonathan B.
Star Contributor

Smyrna, Tennessee
USA
469 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2009 :  7:19:19 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Fortunately, I've not had that happen to me. I did have one incident with a Sony visit at a DG where the mgr. wanted a different fixture (in-line instead of spinner.) She met me in the parking lot before I could get in the door and demanded that I order a different fixture for her. Well, I explained that I don't do the ordering and that I have no control over what type of fixture her store got. She asked, well what do you do? I tried to explain it to her and gave her the Sony Customer Service number to her so that she could ask them about getting a new fixture. Well, I didn't see her again the following visit and I go back to day and there is a new mgr. at the store now. I was so very happy!

Jonathan B.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 81 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.36 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums