Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Merchandising & Demo
 Feedback Requested: Certified Marketing Services (CMS) (2)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 81

Jonathan B.
Star Contributor

Smyrna, Tennessee
USA
469 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2009 :  8:58:45 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Word of warning to those with the Anagram balloon project: I got a call from a scheduler today who said that starting next week, they will start unlinking the site if the report is not in by Thurs. morning of the current week, unless status is updated by a CMS rep. (This is what the messageboard has been saying each Wed., but supposedly they are going to start following through).

Jonathan B.
Go to Top of Page

PattiCake51

Cookeville, TN
USA
46 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2009 :  4:41:18 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
well I have been working for this company for 4 yrs and have never been late on anything and usually take anything when they call me to do a late project if it isn't too far away. Well this past week has been crazy for me. I was taking my dd to the dr at Vanderbilt in downtown Nashville[her house caught on fire and she was burned pretty bad]this girl called and wanted me to do one of the perfume resets which was about an hr 1/2 away from me. I told her I didn't know if I could or not and I would call her back in about 30 minutes and let her know, she kept saying well I need an answer now and we will give you a bonus if you do it. I told her that it did sound okay, but I really needed to get back with her later, but I thought I might. After I hung up I found out that I had to drive another 200 miles on sunday[when they wanted it done] to pick up my dd and her hubby so I could take them to the dr today. She is probably going to have to have skin grafts soon. So I called her back on saturday morning and told her that i couldn't do it. She said well can't you find someone else to take them to the dr? I told her no that I couldn't cause if I did the job my dh would have to go with me and we only have one car. She said that if I didn't do it I would be deactivated. SO I no longer work for them now.!!!!!!!Like I have to choose a measly job over taking care of my children[even if they are grown, they are still my children] I can't believe they did this I had 3 Food Lions, 4 DGs and a WM balloon job and a FD phone job on a regular basis.
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1710 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2009 :  5:01:41 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I do believe things happen for a reason so you are rid of them. Me too. I hope things work out good for you and your family. You will no doubt get work with a better company than Certified.
Go to Top of Page

Harold.Sheffield

Miami, FL
USA
48 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2009 :  5:31:01 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
..this is a growing trend I've noticed across the board from the heavy hitters like Certified..Convergence and Cast..i keep my exposure pretty well even with all of them so that if one company pulls a stunt like that it wont hurt too bad..Convergence seems to have the most flexibility for unforeseen emergencies ,,,and Cast automated system will allow you to back out and pick it back up if your situation changes..I suspect because you're in a smaller market they are hard pressed to get folks to fill in the gaps but like i said sign up for as many companies as you can so that you can afford to lose one if they play hardball

Harold Sheffield
Miami FL 33157
harold.sheffield@gmail.com
305-905-2993
Go to Top of Page

Gayle R
Star Contributor

Eastern Shore, VA
USA
1396 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2009 :  7:22:05 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm kind of in a state of shock. So many horror stories about this company sometimes & here's what happened to me. Last week I had the FD jobs to do because the materials didn't get her till the Sat. before (a week late), then the DG DVDs, WM balloons & a bunch of stuff for my other company. I worked 4 long days last week because I had plans for Friday that couldn't be changed. Sunday I'm printing out my paperwork for this week, including 2 permanent Food Lion visits which were on the assignment schedule. When the paperwork came out of the printer I noticed it was dated 11/16. Can't be right I think. I go back to the schedule & sure enough it say 11/16. Still not believing this I check the last time I did these visits in my records & it was the week of 11/3. Oh No. I could've sworn on a bible that these visits were due this week, not last. I immediately updated them to do today, the 24th. Sent them a message, apologizing profusely. This has never happened to me before. I then called them, got voice mail, left a message & tried them a couple of more times yesterday afternoon. I just knew this was the end for me. A couple of hours later I get a reply to my message & it says that the visits had to be done by Fri. the 20th, with no exceptions so they have taken them off my board. While I'm reading this the phone rings & it is MF returning my call. The outcome was that although the assignments were removed from the board, I will not be deactivated & I will not lose the stores permanently. I was told not to worry about it!! And I replied to their message that I understood losing the stores for this week but please realize it was not intentional. Their reply was "No Problem" Somebody must have been passing out Happy Pills or something. Then I got the e-mail that there were 2 FL stores available (mine) so just for the heck of it I thought I would see if I could snag them back but somebody beat me to it. The only thing is now this person is doing them this week when I could have done the same thing. Well I guess losing them for the week is my punishment. But you know they didn't remove them until I brought it to their attention. If I hadn't, I wonder if they would still be there?

Gayle
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2009 :  10:19:14 AM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
PattiCake51
My best wishes for your family. I agree family is everything. My situation is not as dire as yours, but I also was dumped by MF a few weeks ago. A major contributing factor was that I also gave priority to my Sister and her kids.

The strange thing is somebody must have read one of my last reports. I just received a ring and notebook page protector for one of the last MAX stores that I serviced. They sent it by FEDEX ground.

For those wondering, I have yet to see a dime for jobs going back to Sept 2009.

UPDATE: I received some payments DD 12/04/09 and 12/07/09. I have no way to know for what since I cannot sign on.

Jeff Hix
Serving metro Omaha, Nebraska including Bellevue, Papillion, La Vista, Ralston, Plattsmouth and Council Bluffs, Iowa.
MSPA Silver Certified - MSPA Gold Certified - NARMS Proficiency Test PASSED
Go to Top of Page

Gayle R
Star Contributor

Eastern Shore, VA
USA
1396 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2009 :  9:52:28 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Jeff I would be calling them daily demanding my money. What can they do? Fire you? I might even consider a lawsuit threat. Lord knows they threaten us enough.

Gayle
Go to Top of Page

Jonathan B.
Star Contributor

Smyrna, Tennessee
USA
469 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2009 :  1:08:32 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Happy Thanksgiving everyone that posts/reads this thread!

I may not always like the pay or some of the jobs, but I am thankful to have a job right now.

Hope everyone has a great holiday!

Jonathan B.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2848 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2009 :  10:43:07 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Have you noticed that the Sony visits @ DG are changing? I had 4 bi-weekly ones and now only have 1 bi-weekly. Lucky for me, it's the one that pays the most, but STILL!!!

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Jonathan B.
Star Contributor

Smyrna, Tennessee
USA
469 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2009 :  6:32:19 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sorry in advance for the venting, but at least you all will listen and understand.

Yes, I noticed on the Sony DG visits, and I'm not happy at all. It messes up a route that I had to make those trips worthwhile. Fortunately, the one out of the way is a higher paying one. But to cut down from 17 bi-weekly visits to 3 bi-weekly visits is a big chunk of my income! I'm going to have to find something else to compensate for the missed money.

On another note, is anyone that does the balloon inflation jobs getting calls as to why you didn't inflate at least 30 balloons during your visit. I've had 2 and it is getting annoying. Take a look at how many balloons I can place in a store or at total number inflated. It's hard to inflate 30 when I can only place about 35 in the store or to inflate 30 when the there was already 75 inflated upon my arrival (the floral associates get gung-ho sometimes at one of my stores). Plus, the Anagram visits don't get posted until a few days before the visit date starts. Anyone seeing assignments for the week of the 7th? (I have 6 stores that have been weekly visits.)

And now I feel better since it is off my chest. Today was a rough merchandising day!

Jonathan B.
Go to Top of Page

Gayle R
Star Contributor

Eastern Shore, VA
USA
1396 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2009 :  8:03:51 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I didn't notice anything different on the DG DVD visits. What are they changing to if they are not bi-weekly? I noticed that both Jonathan & Marla mentioned a "higher paying" store. All mine are the same, how did you guys get "higher paying? ? What's your secret? The paperwork this week did say something about extra shelves but none of my stores got any TG.
Jonathan I haven't had any of those calls about the balloons yet. Like you, my store does not have room for a lot of balloons. I currently have 2 1/2 boxes of balloons in the back room. I try to keep about 1/2 dozen at the floral cooler, another 1/2 dozen at the bakery & about 20 in the party goods aisle. That is the only places mgmt wants them & that is all the room there is at those locations. I gave up one of my balloon stores partly because they had one particular employee who was blowing up dozens of balloons & putting them all over the store. Extended full length, all in a group which made them get all twisted. Then I was being questioned about them on my visits until we discovered who it was doing it. She said she thought they looked "pretty" & she continued to do it even after being asked not to.

Gayle
Go to Top of Page

Winona
Valued Contributor

Huntsville, AL
USA
106 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2009 :  8:47:43 PM  Visit Winona's Homepage  Send Winona an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
DG visit change details were posted on page 4 of this week's paperwork file. Some remain bi-weekly, some will switch to monthly. They are not providing a list. Instead, they suggest we check our assignments page to see who gets visited when

Winona
Servicing north Huntsville, Harvest, Toney, Meridianville, Hazel Green, New Market, AL as well as Ardmore & Fayetteville, TN
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2848 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2009 :  04:24:13 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I noticed that the said some were changing, and not telling which ones. I usually visit on Monday, printing the paperwork on Sat/Sun. The 'new' visits are usually not on the assignment page until after I get home. Meanwhile I tell the stores, "see you in 2 weeks". Makes me look bad.

The higher paying ones were stores that nobody wanted and farther away from most places. Really rural, 1-2 stop light towns max, in my case. Also no other merchandisers in the area.

I only had 4 bi=weeklies, and now 1 bi-weekly, a cut of $36/month. Not alot, but almost enough to fill my gas tank.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2009 :  04:25:16 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Well, It was good while it lasted, huh?
Go to Top of Page

Bridget Claire

IL
USA
34 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2009 :  07:13:13 AM  Visit Bridget Claire's Homepage  Send Bridget Claire an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Wow... I was thinking of canceling a job with them. Perhaps I better not! I'm still new; they would probably drop me in a heartbeat!
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2848 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2009 :  08:58:18 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I know last year or the year before, the closer we got to the holidays, and sales weren't really going up, the more cuts we got. Not just with this company, but any that I had dealing with dvds. Unfortunately, the time/money never went back up.

Just tighten those belts, AGAIN.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Gayle R
Star Contributor

Eastern Shore, VA
USA
1396 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2009 :  8:01:56 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Did you notice the info on new shelves for some of the stores. Their list(s) of stores was very confusing, at least to me. Anyway none of mine got new shelves. Not sure where they would be placed anyway.

Gayle
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2848 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2009 :  2:57:35 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My stores haven't received any either, thank goodness.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Sharon Lynne
Contributor

PA
USA
55 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2009 :  3:16:36 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was wondering about that myself, no shelves for my stores either, yet it stated on the messages that you are receiving this because one or more of your stores is going to increase shelving

Sharon Lynne
Go to Top of Page

Winona
Valued Contributor

Huntsville, AL
USA
106 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2009 :  4:30:09 PM  Visit Winona's Homepage  Send Winona an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sharon Lynne

I was wondering about that myself, no shelves for my stores either, yet it stated on the messages that you are receiving this because one or more of your stores is going to increase shelving

Same here

Winona
Servicing north Huntsville, Harvest, Toney, Meridianville, Hazel Green, New Market, AL as well as Ardmore & Fayetteville, TN
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 81 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.33 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums