Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Merchandising & Demo
 Feedback Requested: Certified Marketing Services (CMS) (2)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 81

Lisa1961
Contributor

Tupelo, MS
USA
61 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2009 :  04:55:56 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anyone done the trading cards? There are 2 stores open but I wanted to see what I was getting in to before I accepted permanent assignments

Lisa
Go to Top of Page

SueNVa
Contributor

Chantilly, VA
USA
68 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2009 :  10:04:05 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Can anyone provide feedback on the jobs for expired gift cards at a local convenience store? I accepted several of these that were bonused in my area thinking they looked like a quick "in and out"...now I'm wondering if I will have a big fat headache instead!

Sue
Go to Top of Page

Winona
Valued Contributor

Huntsville, AL
USA
106 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2009 :  2:40:19 PM  Visit Winona's Homepage  Send Winona an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SueNVa

Can anyone provide feedback on the jobs for expired gift cards at a local convenience store? I accepted several of these that were bonused in my area thinking they looked like a quick "in and out"...now I'm wondering if I will have a big fat headache instead!

I had a project like that at 4 or 5 dollar stores a while ago. It was quick & easy, except all the cards had to be cut in half & my hand was a bit sore by the time I was done, lol.

Winona
Servicing north Huntsville, Harvest, Toney, Meridianville, Hazel Green, New Market, AL as well as Ardmore & Fayetteville, TN
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2848 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2009 :  3:32:28 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Lisa, my dil did some trading card jobs for another company. Unfortunately for her, she was not familiar with the different sporting teams, so it was harder for her. If you are familiar with the different teams, it shouldn't be TOO hard, just organize as best as you can. I don't have any other help for you.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

TXKaren

TX
USA
24 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2009 :  4:29:22 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi SueNv - I did 4 locations removing the expired cards and a handful of other cards from a convenience store chain. I think you've actually got it easy if it's the same one! The original instructions said to set according to POG, but late that afternoon after I was done I got 4 emails and a message saying I just needed to straighten them out! I had even gone over the time on one of them because the mgr kept stopping me to complain that the POG keeps changing and he didn't want me to do the changes. I had to show him all the changes I was going to make first, then he said no anyway. When I told him that was okay, I could tell them he'd declined to have the changes made, he decided he wanted it done. Half of it was sort of set to POG but backwards, so that half had to be completely redone. Only to get home & find out I never needed to do it in the first place. I was not a happy camper! And this was all at the regular rate, so it sounds like it might not be too bad for you!!

Also there was one location that had a ton of backstock to go through and they hadn't put out alot of the newer cards, so I had to put them out so it was to set it to POG. If you get any locations with alot of backstock it might take you longer but my guess is you won't be at any one location for more than 30 minutes! Good luck to you!!

MSPA Silver Certified 01/08
Available for more merchandising and audit work!!
Go to Top of Page

Jonathan B.
Star Contributor

Smyrna, Tennessee
USA
469 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2009 :  8:25:45 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
To those of you who do the Anagram balloon inflation assignments:

Has any of you had Visit 1/Visit 2 stores?? I have to of my stores showing up next week with a visit 1 and a visit 2. I guess that means I go to the store twice that week??? (The store is listed 2 times with the description being "visit 1" and then again as "visit 2") I'm going to try to call someone tomorrow and find out since this is a first for me. I may be an idiot for not understanding it, but I'm a little confused.

Jonathan B.
Go to Top of Page

SueNVa
Contributor

Chantilly, VA
USA
68 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2009 :  8:58:50 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
TXKaren -- Thanks for your feedback.. Yes, it was actually a very easy job! I completed seven and was able to enter all the reports this evening after my day job, and at $12.00 a pop, not a bad gig!..

Sue
Go to Top of Page

Ellinbeth
Valued Contributor

USA
129 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2009 :  08:58:52 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Okay, I just have to ask this. I've not seen the card job in my area, but I'm amazed that a half hour job with Certified could pay $12. All I ever see is $8 for jobs that take an hour and $6 to $7 for jobs that take under an hour. Am I missing something?????

Ellinbeth
Go to Top of Page

TXKaren

TX
USA
24 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2009 :  10:19:46 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Ellinbeth, not sure what area you are in - this particular store may not be in your area. We had tons of them posted here but they were all taken the same day, and I've yet to see any bonused ones. I believe the $12 pay SueNVa was referring to was bonused pay. The times on mine varied and were the usual Certified pay but they cut the requirements down after I'd already completed mine.

MSPA Silver Certified 01/08
Available for more merchandising and audit work!!
Go to Top of Page

SueNVa
Contributor

Chantilly, VA
USA
68 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2009 :  2:15:27 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
TXKaren is right -- these started at $8.00 and I watched them creep up the past week until they were $12.00. I had just been too busy to grab them last weekend when they were at $10.00 but when they got to $12.00 yesterday I couldn't resist, even if it meant I'd be out til 10:00 pm last night because I work during the day. I would never have taken a second look at these if they were still $8.00.

Sue
Go to Top of Page

Gayle R
Star Contributor

Eastern Shore, VA
USA
1396 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2009 :  7:20:35 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Jonathan I only have one store now & one visit (as far as I know) for next week. Why would they want you to make 2 trips to the same store in the same week. Sounds crazy to me.

Gayle
Go to Top of Page

Bridget Claire

IL
USA
34 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2009 :  8:30:01 PM  Visit Bridget Claire's Homepage  Send Bridget Claire an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did one of the trading card jobs. In fact, it was my first ever merchandising job. It was pretty simple. I couldn't go exactly by the POG because of the layout of the display and the available merchandise, but the company is flexible with that. Funny though; I went back to that same store last week to Christmas shop, and the entire display was gone!
Go to Top of Page

Lisa1961
Contributor

Tupelo, MS
USA
61 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2009 :  09:53:16 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks Marla. I don't have the first clue of anything regarding sports teams.

Lisa
Go to Top of Page

DavidCar
Valued Contributor

Charlotte, North Carolina
USA
114 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2009 :  11:51:55 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Bad news from the message board for those that have HT grocery stores. Sony visits for some stores will increase but some stores will have 'monthly or .....every other month visits'
Go to Top of Page

Jonathan B.
Star Contributor

Smyrna, Tennessee
USA
469 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2009 :  8:48:40 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DavidCar

Bad news from the message board for those that have HT grocery stores. Sony visits for some stores will increase but some stores will have 'monthly or .....every other month visits'

I saw that too. It seems Sony is cutting back on frequency of visits everywhere now.

Gayle,
It got changed back to the regular one visit on the balloon inflation, which I was happy for. . .I only have so much time in a week.

Jonathan B.
Go to Top of Page

Jonathan B.
Star Contributor

Smyrna, Tennessee
USA
469 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2009 :  8:54:27 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Is anyone else getting tired of all the "WCF113009" assignments available/left over trays, etc. messages???. . .It seems like it's at least 3 or more a week for the past 3 weeks. I have no desire to drive way out in the boonies for not much money. Oh well, I guess it's just part of it. I do wish there was a way to opt out of certain messages, though.

Jonathan B.
Go to Top of Page

Marjorie Powell
Valued Contributor

New Orleans, LA
USA
111 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2009 :  10:53:24 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Jonathan...I don't know if there is anyway to stop seeing the assignments that are available but if you want to stop getting the emails on those assignments you can.........open review assignments and click on "decline". This is supposed to remove you from the mail outs for that particular assignment. I've only done it one time and I don't get those emails for that particular assignment any more.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2848 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2009 :  12:39:50 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My son signed up for these assignments, he took 3 stores and then gave up 1. He still has not received any packages of shelving to complete this assignment. It gets upsetting for the job to carry on for so long without any communication. Yes, he has updated his status as to the packages several times, and still nothing.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Jonathan B.
Star Contributor

Smyrna, Tennessee
USA
469 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2009 :  7:44:05 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the info. on the decline feature

Marla--I can see where you son would be very frustrated. I would be having a fit if it was me. . .I can't stand something dragging on like that.

Jonathan B.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2848 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2009 :  07:02:09 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
He is, especially since this is the only 'job' he has right now. Unfortunately there is not much work in our area. They do call him, but usually for jobs 30-50 miles away and for little bit of money. Not enough for the gas, let alone anything else. Almost better not working, but that is nothing at all.

Marla
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 81 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.33 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums