Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Merchandising & Demo
 Feedback Requested: Certified Marketing Services (CMS) (2)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 81

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2010 :  07:29:14 AM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I received $11.00 DD today.

Jeff Hix
Serving metro Omaha, Nebraska including Bellevue, Papillion, La Vista, Ralston, Plattsmouth and Council Bluffs, Iowa.
MSPA Silver Certified - MSPA Gold Certified - NARMS Proficiency Test PASSED
Go to Top of Page

DavidCar
Valued Contributor

Charlotte, North Carolina
USA
114 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2010 :  1:13:04 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sony is now removing one endshelf (saddlebag) from one retailer's display. May others soon follow?
Go to Top of Page

Gayle R
Star Contributor

Eastern Shore, VA
USA
1396 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2010 :  7:20:57 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I called my bank & I got a DD today also but not being able to get on the site I have no idea what visits I'm being paid for & what's still due. I will try to figure it out later. Thanks for the info

Gayle
Go to Top of Page

Gayle R
Star Contributor

Eastern Shore, VA
USA
1396 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2010 :  7:23:48 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I thought they had to have two saddlebags or none. Won't that make it lean to one side?

Gayle
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2010 :  9:17:27 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gayle R

I thought they had to have two saddlebags or none. Won't that make it lean to one side?
Nope. When I had them, one of my grocery locations only had one saddlebag. It worked just fine. My only displeasure was they could not make up their mind which saddlebag POG was to be used in that saddlebag. Just before, I lost the assignments, I was trying to switch from Saddlebag A to Saddlebag B as that saddlebag because Saddlebag A was not selling.

Jeff Hix
Serving metro Omaha, Nebraska including Bellevue, Papillion, La Vista, Ralston, Plattsmouth and Council Bluffs, Iowa.
MSPA Silver Certified - MSPA Gold Certified - NARMS Proficiency Test PASSED
Go to Top of Page

DavidCar
Valued Contributor

Charlotte, North Carolina
USA
114 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2010 :  09:14:35 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Retailers would probably prefer both saddlebags removed so that they can place their own grocery shippers on each end.
Go to Top of Page

DagnyO

San Antonio, TX
USA
41 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2010 :  10:45:47 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm waiting to see how many DG's I'm going to lose. Two of them have put all the movies up at the registers, and one has the discs in a folder & the empty cases on the shelf.

Wonder if it would be feasable for them to use a lock-up display case, or one of those cases with the hand-sized holes in the plexiglass for customers to look at the merchandise but not remove like some stores use.

I'm also waiting to see if the RAC calls will be cancelled like last time.

Dagny
Merchandising and resets in the San Antonio, TX Metro area covering Converse, Schertz, Selma, Universal City
NARMS Merchandising Proficiency Test Passed
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2010 :  11:46:21 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Many of my DG's are boxing up their house "MoviesUbuy" previously viewed DVD's to return to DG. I kind off saw this coming when Sony dropped their prices to compete.
All my stores are watching closely their shrinkage on the Sony titles. Makes me wonder if Sony has said something to DG higher-ups?
Go to Top of Page

Jenny41
Star Contributor

Ohio
USA
746 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2010 :  2:08:15 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Just started with this company, what is the turn around time for pay? I do not see a payroll calender on the website.
Go to Top of Page

BrianInGA
Valued Contributor

Columbus, GA
USA
148 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2010 :  3:53:06 PM  Send BrianInGA an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
In general, it seems that DD's average twice a month, although like most other things it can be somewhat unpredictable.

Brian
MSPA Silver Certified - Contact me for your shopping and merchandising needs in Columbus, GA and Phenix City, AL
Go to Top of Page

Winona
Valued Contributor

Huntsville, AL
USA
106 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2010 :  5:40:37 PM  Visit Winona's Homepage  Send Winona an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
What Brian said :)

Generally, payment is posted around the 8th for work completed from the 15th thru the end of the previous month, then the next payment is processed around the 22nd for work completed the 1st thru the 15th.

It's not set in stone & they won't allow a payment inquiry until 6 weeks after the assignment was completed.

Winona
Servicing north Huntsville, Harvest, Toney, Meridianville, Hazel Green, New Market, AL as well as Ardmore & Fayetteville, TN
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2845 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2010 :  06:53:49 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Jenny, it will take longer for your first pay, but after that we generally get paid 2x per month, when is the question. Sometime during the 1st 1/2 and sometime during the 2nd 1/2. No actual dates, so don't count on money getting to you on a certain date.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Jonathan B.
Star Contributor

Smyrna, Tennessee
USA
469 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2010 :  7:33:46 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Okay, now it's my turn to express frustration. . .Is anyone else getting tired of the weekly phone call on Wed., saying that one has an assignment and is past due, etc, etc?? I didn't even have a past due assignment until Thursday! (got delayed due to snow here. . .a little snow shuts down everything in TN). Then I get a message today telling me to download my BAL011110 paperwork by Monday or account will be placed under review, etc. I've downloaded my paperwork on Sunday afternoon/evening for the past year. I can understand the reminder if it wasn't downloaded come Monday, but not before.

Okay, I feel better now!

Jonathan B.
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2010 :  9:07:03 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I get them weekly Jonathan, sometimes Wed or Thurs., even though I had downloaded paperwork and updated status.
At least they are nicer messages recently. I've gotten some before that were so harsh I was tempted to deactivate myself!
Go to Top of Page

Frederick_W
Contributor

Allentown, PA
USA
67 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2010 :  02:36:03 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gayle R

I got a call at 2:30 today from CMS. Nicole left a message that went like this. This message is for ----. This is Nicole with Market Force & we are calling you because (insert 10 seconds of silence) never mind, I see an update on your record. I have no idea what that was about. I am seriously thinking about giving up my CMS work. I just finished figuring out mileage allowances for 2009. I put 6,461 miles on my car running around for CMS for which I got paid a total of $2,181. With an allowance of .35 a miles I have a loss of $75.35 for the year. (When the checks come in you don't think about the expenses involved in getting those checks.) Granted I am doing other things in the same stores at times & also on the way to the CMS stores but still these are the miles I put on the car. This is not counting paper, ink, time spent downloading, reporting travel time or the aggravation of dealing with them at times. I just can't decide if it is worth it or not anymore. I work PT as an employee for another company & I think I will just stick with them. Their assignments give you an entire week to do them which means I don't have to be making two trips some weeks to the same town because CMS wants it done on certain days. Will make my schedule a lot easier even if it doesn't save any miles.

Why would you still have a loss? You can still claim any extra milage that you were not paid for on your taxes this year! If Certified only pays you .35 per mile, you can claim the .20/mile on your taxes.

Frederick
MSPA Gold Certified
Allentown Pa and Surrounding Areas
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2845 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2010 :  08:18:36 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
What Gayle is describing is a loss, per taxable income. Yes, you make income but your expenses are more, therefore it is a loss taxable. And sometimes, even just taking the actual expenses you are worst off than if sitting at home doing nothing.

I base my printing costs on the amount that the library charges to print, 10 cents per page. If you print everything they want to you, if could be several pages. Some of my assignments are normally 20+ pages for a $6.00 job. 20 x .10 + $2.00 - time to enter plus driving time (depending upon how far) can easily make a loss. I have one, done today, that was supposed to be 25 pages (-$2.50) plus drive time (1/2 hr each way)OR mileage per IRS @.55 cents x 24 miles round trip = $13.20 total expenses of $15.70 pay bonused at $15.00 is a loss of $.70. Normally this job should would have been paid at $6.00 with a loss of $9.70. You see where I'm coming from. This town is out of my way but within my zipcode, so they think I should only be 1-2 miles away. Even there mileage says 7 miles, while it is actually 12 miles.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

DagnyO

San Antonio, TX
USA
41 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2010 :  08:55:10 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
When should tax info be mailed to ICs? I'm just waiting around for bits of paper, darn it! I'm ready to file already!

Dagny
Merchandising and resets in the San Antonio, TX Metro area covering Converse, Schertz, Selma, Universal City
NARMS Merchandising Proficiency Test Passed
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2845 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2010 :  10:41:20 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
All tax forms are to be in the mail by Feb 1st. You may not get a 1099 (IC) form IF you did not received $600.00 in pay from any 1 company.

If you do not receive the forms by 2/15, you should contact them. They should re-issue.

If you do not receive by 3/15, contact IRS and they will contact them.

This is what I learned years ago, I don't think things like this has changed.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

GaryMiller1

Perrysburg, OH
USA
40 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2010 :  1:48:33 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Marla,

With your explanation of what it cost YOU to merchandise and the amount your paid.....I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one "To Get It"!

If I have to pay to work....I'm just going to give my time to the local food bank. Not going to the food bank yet...just getting closer.

Gary
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2845 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2010 :  2:02:34 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
You really MUST organize your trips so that it doesn't cost as much. Unfortunately, this month, it isn't working since I have so little. I also have companies that I work with/for that pay mileage.

Marla
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 81 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.42 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums