Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Merchandising & Demo
 Feedback Requested: Certified Marketing Services (CMS) (2)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 81

Gayle R
Star Contributor

Eastern Shore, VA
USA
1396 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2010 :  8:29:35 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Gee Jonathan I am going to have to check my FLs the next time I am in there shopping. I will be in the same town as one of them tomorrow & Ill check it out. They were pulling out of one of my DGS the same week I told them to "stuff it" so I never did go box those up. If by chance they decide to pull out of both FLs & all the DGS then I'm not missing a thing by not working for them anymore because that is all there is in this area anyway. Oh yeah & the FD phones which are a major pain. I don't blame you one bit for not saying "How High" when they say "Jump" That is what I got tired of doing.

Gayle
Go to Top of Page

Angela Harrington

mid-michigan, MI
USA
43 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2010 :  2:47:14 PM  Visit Angela Harrington's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
So last month Certified discovers that DG perm assignments were not being paid the correct rate. And the difference is sent to us. OK so why are my last 2 visits still wrong? Anyone else?
Go to Top of Page

TeresaCarver

Broxton, GA
USA
12 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2010 :  3:32:56 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My Dollar Generals were paid wrong also...
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2848 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2010 :  4:43:47 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The way I understood that email was that some of the DG were paid wrong, not all of them. I expect that the wrong ones, were the ones that were bonused. My check was correct, after waiting for it.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Angela Harrington

mid-michigan, MI
USA
43 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2010 :  4:52:41 PM  Visit Angela Harrington's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
checking the info I'm still being paid incorrectly for these assignments. I didn't have anything bonused this is just the rate. I received the "corrected" check but still the ones since then are still wrong. Just curious why they didn't get it straightend out for visits after.

And I just love how I received an email last night at 6:45 that said I must respond to an assignment or else I get it, by midnight. Well my "day" job is a night job so I didn't get back on till this morning. Not loving driving to the same location twice this week (because of the due dates)
Go to Top of Page

Jonathan B.
Star Contributor

Smyrna, Tennessee
USA
469 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2010 :  4:55:08 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Update to my previous post about Sony pulling out of FL store:

It turns out that the store is closing, so that is why Sony was having their product return. All vendors were in the store returning their stuff throughout this week.

I went to the store on Monday, as I had said I would. However, on Sunday, I got a call asking about that assignment. Turns out that someone from Data Processing had just assigned it to me anyways. I explained the entire situation, but she said it had to be done on Sunday. I said I couldn't do it that day, so the assignment was taken off my page w/ a note saying it was not my fault. Then on Monday, I get a call from a Senior Scheduler seeing if I could do it that day since Sony had sent them an e-mail saying it could be done on Monday. I said I had already made plans, so he tried to get someone else. A while later he calls back seeing if there was any way possible, that he could give an extension on other work if I could do that assignment on Monday. He offered almost double regular pay and I agreed. Went to download paperwork, no assignment; I called and found out it had accidentallly not been assigned to me. I get it assigned (w/ bonus) finally.

I go to enter the report last night and I could no submit it. The screen seemed to freeze up. (This was after entering 49 titles of returns). I tried it again, same result. So I figured I would call today and do it over the phone or whatever. So that's what I had to do.

That assignment was a nightmare from the start, but at least it's done with.

Jonathan B.
Go to Top of Page

LisaOV
Star Contributor

MN
USA
2659 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2010 :  04:34:39 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Well I had another job just disappear off the CMS website - its not there. I looked in my history, in my perm jobs, in current jobs, in the message board and nothing at all about it. All I have is the email saying I was accepted to do it. Odd! You'd think at the LEAST they could do is email you and tell you what is going on.

While I have loved CMS in the past and do enjoy 90% of the work with them it does get annoying to deal with these issues.

I wish Chris O or someone from CMS was still on here - then at least it felt like they were trying to improve.
Go to Top of Page

Ellinbeth
Valued Contributor

USA
129 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2010 :  05:56:11 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Can people give me an idea of how long it took to do Sony jobs this week? With the inventory of everything and returns and switching out to a new POG, I took way over the capped 90 minutes (I'm embarrassed to say how long!). But sometimes it takes a good 20 minutes or more to speak to someone at Customer Service to get the vendor log, call the manager or backup, and then find the boxes.

I work steadily and quickly (or so I thought). But I got told that I am just about the only merchandiser who always goes over the cap. What am I doing wrong? Any hints on how to speed up the process? In what order do you do things? Or does everyone take a lot more time and just not say anything about it?

Ellinbeth
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2010 :  06:23:03 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Signing in and out can be tedious and time-consuming Ellinbeth. And we all hate waiting on manager availability.

But the longer you do these jobs, the better communications you will develop with the store employees. Always wear a nametag and dress professionally: it gets you noticed. Don't be afraid to reach for the vendor log yourself -once you've been to the store and know where they hide it- instead of waiting in line at customer service. (Your nametag should get you the credibility.)

Personally I don't mess with store managers in the mart-marts, I go straight to the department and ask for the division manager. Once I ask, I go on to the task on my own, sometimes having it completed by the time the department manager gets there.
Try to make a personal connection with the managers and employees... They might remember you the next visit, and be more cooperative.

From your post you sound like you are doing mega stores; Forget about meeting the cap in these stores, few of us are capable of getting in and out with report time under the cap. Don't be ashamed to call for more time, just document the time to tell the scheduler why, and continue doing good quality work!

Hang in there!
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2848 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2010 :  07:29:22 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Ellinbeth, I have 1 store that I go over everytime there is a C/O. It has 1 24 endcap and 1 96 display. I have been doing dvds for 2-3 years now and it still takes 105-120 minutes.

I ask for the boxes, if I need to and then I sign in and start to re-arrange. I always have a cart with me to keep all the dvds in as I re-arrange. Everything goes in IF I don't see the 'new' location. I don't bother with the new dvds until I have everything 'old' back into the new location. I do this for each fixture, and only 1 fixture at a time.

Of course, I've been doing this for awhile at my stores, so nobody needs to meet me except for getting the box of new product. After I'm finished I check with the manager on duty and then call Fedex to pick up. Usually the box that I remove dvds from, is the same box that I use to send the 'old'/returns back in.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Winona
Valued Contributor

Huntsville, AL
USA
106 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2010 :  11:04:28 AM  Visit Winona's Homepage  Send Winona an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I had 4 COs- 2 have 50fixture + 2 saddlebags & 24 checkstand fixture, 1 has 50+2SB, 18 powerwing, 24 checkstand, and 1 has 96 fixture, 18 PW, 24 checkstand. The only way I didn't go over by much was working like a crazed person. I have decided the stress is not worth the little $12 pay, esp when I could have done 2-3 FDs in the same time for more $$.

I'm not too proud to call in for more time, but that eats up more time, even tho I try to work while I wait. And Certified's people don't always state their name & they like to hang up on me when I ask for it. Plus, the store people are staring like 'oh look, a vendor yakking on her cellphone,' and THEN I don't get paid the extra & have to do a Pay Inquiry, which means more time invested for a tiny bit of money. Too.Much.Stress.

It wasn't so bad before these past 2 COs, but having to count titles on 3 corrugates that move between every visit, well it's just ridiculous. The stores with more than 2 fixtures should have a higher cap already in place, and when more work is added, more time should be also.

Winona
Servicing north Huntsville, Harvest, Toney, Meridianville, Hazel Green, New Market, AL as well as Ardmore & Fayetteville, TN
Go to Top of Page

Ellinbeth
Valued Contributor

USA
129 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2010 :  11:39:30 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks to everyone who replied. My 4 Sony's are all in grocery stores. They are 50 facings with 2 saddlebags and a power wing and a checkstand endcap. I didn't realize that some stores don't have all 3 fixtures---I agree with Winona that all 3 should be a higher fee.

It does seem like a lot of stress for the capped 90 minutes of $12. But I guess the pay will never be raised because people still take them, at least for a while. I wonder if it's Sony who really caps the fee/time or whether it's Certified since all jobs from Certified (at least to my knowledge) all pay the same.

Ironically, my friends think I'm making a fortune servicing the DVD's because after all it's Hollywood, with megabucks!!!!

Ellinbeth
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2848 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2010 :  1:56:53 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My Sonys thru Certified are all DG, only 35/36 racks. I have 2 grocery stores thru Spar. The DG are able to complete within the 90 IF I don't get caught by a RM that wants to know everything I'm doing and why. My grocery stores just let me do my work.

Yes, if we don't do them at the rate of pay that we are getting, then someone else will. Especially with this economy. Unfortunately I took some of those RAC jobs for only $3 each. Lucky for me I was going nearby anyway.

My area is very low on jobs at this time. I'm thinking that there are alot of people taking anything.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Gayle R
Star Contributor

Eastern Shore, VA
USA
1396 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2010 :  7:50:11 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The last time I ret'd DVDs at DGs & FLs I called and asked for additinal time because the capped time was just the normal 30-45 min. I only asked for 15 min per store. I made 3 phone calls in a two day period. (this was over a month ago) The 1st rep told me to call back when I was all done with the stores. The 2nd & 3rd rep said OK, they would note it in my file. Payday came; no extra time was paid. I filed an inquiry & got an e-mail about 10 days ago wanting to know who I talked to that approved the extra time. Unfortunately it being a month later I don't remember who answered the phone. I sent back an e-mail telling them this ( I can't post messages anymore) and haven't heard a word since & really don't expect to. So that is $14 I'll never see.

Gayle
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2848 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2010 :  09:10:05 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I haven't ever been paid for time over the cap with Certified. I have with Spar for Sony tho. Sorry for your loss.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2848 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2010 :  2:12:57 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just printed my DG/Sony visit paperwork. They expect me to use my digital camera for this assignment now. As if they give up enough time or money and now they want us to take pictures also. How much more will they ask for next, cleaning the entire store???? I sure hope not, that would be the final straw.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

TeresaCarver

Broxton, GA
USA
12 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2010 :  2:51:12 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have been paid for the third time the incorrect amount for my assignments that are bonused.....I live in a rural area and these assignments are 30 to 45 miles away....they are paying me $6 to drive that far??? I have sent a pay inquiry in on the first wrong check, haven't heard a thing from them.....
Go to Top of Page

Winona
Valued Contributor

Huntsville, AL
USA
106 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2010 :  3:29:29 PM  Visit Winona's Homepage  Send Winona an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MarlaB

I just printed my DG/Sony visit paperwork. They expect me to use my digital camera for this assignment now. As if they give up enough time or money and now they want us to take pictures also. How much more will they ask for next, cleaning the entire store???? I sure hope not, that would be the final straw.

Yep, had to do that for my Sony grocery stores, outlet stores, & upcoming DGs. Lovely ain't it? Cap is too low, they don't pay for going over it, & they add more work!

Winona
Servicing north Huntsville, Harvest, Toney, Meridianville, Hazel Green, New Market, AL as well as Ardmore & Fayetteville, TN
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2848 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2010 :  4:07:05 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
If I had more work elsewhere, I'd tell them to take them and ......

But need the little bit of money they pay.

I noticed that we got paid again today, for me $15 WOW! LOL

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2010 :  7:09:16 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Was explained to me the first assignment I did for them: Pic's are required for all resets and change-outs. Several of the Sony/DG change-outs have had this in the instructions also.

Most of the time there is no pic entry on the report. I was instructed in such case to email the pics in.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 81 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.33 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums