Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Merchandising & Demo
 Feedback Requested: Certified Marketing Services (CMS) (2)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 81

Winona
Valued Contributor

Huntsville, AL
USA
106 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2010 :  8:02:51 PM  Visit Winona's Homepage  Send Winona an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dar-L

Was explained to me the first assignment I did for them: Pic's are required for all resets and change-outs. Several of the Sony/DG change-outs have had this in the instructions also.

Most of the time there is no pic entry on the report. I was instructed in such case to email the pics in.

How odd! I've been doing Sony thru Certified for almost 3 years. Up until week of 01/11, paperwork has only asked for pics on new installs/set-ups. No one has ever called or emailed after a shuffle or reset to say I failed to submit pics. Now, they have been suggesting we take pics of 'unusual' displays throughout the store for over a year now, but nothing mandatory that I was aware of.

Winona
Servicing north Huntsville, Harvest, Toney, Meridianville, Hazel Green, New Market, AL as well as Ardmore & Fayetteville, TN
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2848 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2010 :  03:24:46 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've not seen it before, or I wouldn't have posted anything about it. I just think that IF we can to have pictures than we deserve more money.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

LisaOV
Star Contributor

MN
USA
2659 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2010 :  05:20:16 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I agree! My Office Max's are taking twice as long and I am being asked to do the photos plus two new displays. Pay has not changed - has gone down in fact. I'm not happy about it, but I will say that schedule wise it is working out okay - I am lucky enough to have other work in the store and in the area.
Go to Top of Page

Gayle R
Star Contributor

Eastern Shore, VA
USA
1396 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2010 :  7:54:06 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I agree with Marla. If you are doing more work, you should be getting more pay. Doesn't mean you will, but you should. Have you tried calling in for extra time? You have to do it as soon as you finish the assignment & if they say OK, make a note of the person you talked to. The only pictures I was asked to take recently were the new Red Star signs on the DVD display in FL. I don't remember if we had to take pictures of the DVD displays in DG when we installed them or not.

Gayle
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2848 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2010 :  08:55:23 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They didn't ask for any when I set up my 4 stores. The only time that I was required to take any pictures were on theatre installs.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2010 :  10:34:37 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Not such a biggie... A cell phone pic takes 6-7 seconds, and 20 seconds to submit the pic.
I've never been repremanded for not having a pic either (when I forgot) so I'm kind of curious if the pics actually get to the client, or are just kept on file in case there is an issue.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2848 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2010 :  3:50:18 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
All of my other companies will NOT accept a cell phone photo, they are not clear enough. You MUST have a digital camera. I have both, but like I said I work for several other companies that pay more if I must have the camera.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2010 :  5:02:47 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Quality cell phones can take quality pics too. I have too many times forgotten my pocket Nikon in the car when doing MS's and needing in-store pics. I grab the phone. Never had a company complain about the quality of my phone pics. (wish I could say that about my nighttime camera pics!!)
Go to Top of Page

LisaOV
Star Contributor

MN
USA
2659 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2010 :  09:48:21 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Well this is classic CMS. I called them this weekend because I had a couple of stores scheduled and explained that due to weather concerns (we had freezing rain and an ice storm) that I wasn't sure what I could complete, but I would try my best. I ended up doing all but one store. I emailed them this morning explaining the situation again and explaining that since I only work Wednesday and weekends (they are aware of this. My husband travels for work) that I would not be able to do the last store until Wednesday 01/27/2010. I felt that I had made it very clear that I could not do the work until this Wednesday.
Well the email I got back said,'yes, please do the work today and enter it before 5 pm'.
Okay did you even READ my email??
Go to Top of Page

Jonathan B.
Star Contributor

Smyrna, Tennessee
USA
469 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2010 :  9:10:55 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Anyone else having an error message pop up when you try to enter reports for the FAM0110RC project?

Jonathan B.
Go to Top of Page

Jonathan B.
Star Contributor

Smyrna, Tennessee
USA
469 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2010 :  9:16:08 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Okay, I can't enter any reports. An error message pops up. Is it just me??

Jonathan B.
Go to Top of Page

Winona
Valued Contributor

Huntsville, AL
USA
106 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2010 :  9:18:46 PM  Visit Winona's Homepage  Send Winona an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've been trying over 2 hours, Jonathan, FD recalls + 3 projects, no go.

Winona
Servicing north Huntsville, Harvest, Toney, Meridianville, Hazel Green, New Market, AL as well as Ardmore & Fayetteville, TN
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2848 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2010 :  05:40:40 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I didn't have any problems.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Jonathan B.
Star Contributor

Smyrna, Tennessee
USA
469 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2010 :  05:47:50 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Well, I finally had it with all the stress. I called this morning and asked for my account to be deactivated. I will still stop by this forum every now and then, though. I've just had too much stress recently and have to take a break.

Jonathan B.
Go to Top of Page

Winona
Valued Contributor

Huntsville, AL
USA
106 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2010 :  5:39:45 PM  Visit Winona's Homepage  Send Winona an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jonathan B.

Well, I finally had it with all the stress. I called this morning and asked for my account to be deactivated. I will still stop by this forum every now and then, though. I've just had too much stress recently and have to take a break.

Jonathan,
I can totally understand that! I've been seconds away from calling and doing the same countless times, but I always talk myself down somehow.

Hope you find something better when you're ready :o)

Winona
Go to Top of Page

Gayle R
Star Contributor

Eastern Shore, VA
USA
1396 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2010 :  8:07:10 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Jonathan, as you well know. Been there, done that. We all have our limits. You & I hung in as long as we could. When they accused me twice in one week of not making visit(s) that I had made & reported, then accused me of falsifying a report on top of apparently not believing me when I said that I had called & gotten authorization for extra time that was it for me. So far haven't actually miised the money as it wasn't that much anyway but I do miss the timing of the paydays because for a while there with the other job I was getting paid every week . That was nice. Their loss though, they have lost 2 more good workers.

Gayle
Go to Top of Page

Gayle R
Star Contributor

Eastern Shore, VA
USA
1396 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2010 :  8:23:21 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
On another matter I was in a DG the other day for a different company & saw the CMS rep come in & pick up the box of DVDs from the back room. This particular store was never assigned to me. (Another whole story there.) She asked the manager, who happened to be in the back room, if she would open the box for her, which I thought was odd. A little later on I was talking to this same mngr out on the floor. Conversation went like this:
So, that's your DVD Rep?
Yep
Does she always get somebody to open the boxes for her?
Everytime. And we both kind of shook our head & chuckled.
After the rep left I was in the back room & saw the box sitting on the shelf with DVDs still in it. I'm thinking WTH. Not that it's any of my business but I'm curious. So I go take a look at the rack. Nothing is where it is supposed to be & there are empty spots all over the rack. This is the kind of work that some of the reps do & yet the good ones get the shaft. Apparently she wasn't required to take a picture but she probably should have been.

Gayle
Go to Top of Page

DavidCar
Valued Contributor

Charlotte, North Carolina
USA
114 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2010 :  04:23:15 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Gayle,

You should have taken pictures of that display you saw and the open box and sent it in along with a note saying this is what you get when you force good workers to leave. :)
Go to Top of Page

PattiCake51

Cookeville, TN
USA
46 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2010 :  09:27:07 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DavidCar

Gayle,

You should have taken pictures of that display you saw and the open box and sent it in along with a note saying this is what you get when you force good workers to leave. :)

I agree with this. The rep that got my stores is doing the same. There are always boxes in the back room.
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2010 :  09:53:30 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Could complain to the store managers about the condition of the movies/selection? Just maybe they would call the cs number on the sign-in sheet folder on the display?

Personally I get tired of reading every week about how some merchandisers are not following regs about return shipping, etc. Each week I read thru all the messages, just in case something has changed.

The company gets what they pay for. Too bad they don't know just what they are getting in some stores...
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 81 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.31 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums