Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Merchandising & Demo
 Feedback Requested: Certified Marketing Services (CMS) (2)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 81

Winona
Valued Contributor

Huntsville, AL
USA
106 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2010 :  09:57:08 AM  Visit Winona's Homepage  Send Winona an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I get tired of all those 'blanket messages' too. Perhaps if they contacted the people who are not following directions & dealt with them one-on-one, they would either shape up or ship out! Reprimanding everyone is just poor management.

Winona
Servicing north Huntsville, Harvest, Toney, Meridianville, Hazel Green, New Market, AL as well as Ardmore & Fayetteville, TN
Go to Top of Page

Jonathan B.
Star Contributor

Smyrna, Tennessee
USA
469 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2010 :  4:07:54 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I honestly feel sorry for some of the managers that will be having new reps come in to take my place. I really liked working with some of the mgrs. But, as previous posts said, you this is what happens when good reps leave or get forced out.

We've had snow and ice in TN today. . .The other companies I dealt with were completely understanding of not being able to get assignments completed when I would be sliding all over the interstate. But, we all unfortunately know what Certified's response would probably be.

Jonathan B.
Go to Top of Page

Big Sue
Star Contributor

USA
787 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2010 :  5:11:53 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jonathan B.

I honestly feel sorry for some of the managers that will be having new reps come in to take my place. I really liked working with some of the mgrs. But, as previous posts said, you this is what happens when good reps leave or get forced out.

We've had snow and ice in TN today. . .The other companies I dealt with were completely understanding of not being able to get assignments completed when I would be sliding all over the interstate. But, we all unfortunately know what Certified's response would probably be.

Jonathan, I have been around retail/sales/service/demos and merchandising a long long time. From reading this thread all these many months I have asked myself, is this company really worth it? Why are these people staynig there already? What is their problem? Are they that desperate? The answer is of course, for every individual to answer for themselves. However, I strongly feel that no.....it is not. You have seen the good reps here, like myself, "de-activated" (you gotta love that word lol) for nothing and next to nothing. You have seen good reps finally get fed up and quit. Between the pay, the communication isues, payroll issues, paperwork issues, job issues and on and on and on........the most important thing is that Certified simply does not care in general nor do they value their reps. Their system is broke, really broke and they have done nothing to fix it and after all this time, you have a better chance of being stuck by lightning than Certified actually improving.

You are right. This type of work is stressful enough. But then to add on top of that an entire list of on going, never fixed or even addressed issues for pathetic pay, and shoddy treatment you have to ask yourself, why the heck am I doing this to myself. There are other jobs out there and much better jobs out there as well. It's a hassle to look, send out the resumes, send the emails and make the phone calls, but in the end that is what we all have to do. You will be eventually far better off and be asking yourself, why did I hang in there so long.

It's funny, because this is the only thread in this entire forum that is not like any of the other threads. The other threads ask, if people have had recent experience with the company, what kinda jobs do they have, how is the pay, how do you contact them. Not this thread. It is one long continuous soap opera with people working for this company complaining many times a day, every single day, page after page, month after month, about how screwed up the jobs, the payroll, the paperwork, the communication, the treatment of the reps, the entire system and the company is. That alone is very telling. It's become nothing but the sounding board for the reps frustration.

It's sad and should be a wake up call and the motivation to seek out a better job instead of being mired down, frustrated, unhappy and stressed out every day with this non-ending garbage. Certified gets away with this crap, because reps accept, go along with and put up with it. Their attitude is if you don't like it, hit the road. Often, as evidenced on this thread, the reps did nothing or little wrong and are forced to hit the bricks anyways. Nice. We need to stop selling ourselves short already and stop putting up with this non professional, negative nonsense in our lives!!!! It's not worth ANY amount of money, let alone the pathetic pittance that Certifed is paying! Read the posts here, it's depressing! Nothing ever changes, nothing ever gets better or improves!

You have no reason to worry about, feel bad about or concern yourself with how badly other reps may be performing their work for Certified. Frankly, they reap what they sow and they deserve what they get. They created this situation and it's their problem. Between the pay, the ten million other issues and the horrible treatment of their empoylees, they deserve no better, truth be told. When their clients begin to flee, and that will happen, they can only blame themselves. Step back and look at the big picture for a moment. It's because of bottom feeders like Certified who pay wages that are a disgrace, give you no proper tools, little time to do assignments, and treat you like crap, that have wreaked havoc on this entire industry! Decent companies bid on jobs and cannot get them, because companies like Certified under bid them. It certainly is not because they are any better or even as good, they are just cheaper! Be proud that you are no longer a contributing part of this.

You are a sharp guy with plenty of experience that any decent company would be lucky to have working for them and grateful to have onboard and that company is out there somewhere, waiting for you with better security too. You made the right decision. You will be far better off, my friend. Just hang in there and start the search. I wish you the very best.

Frankly, demos pay better, are far less hassel and you go to one location for a few hours, rather than putting up with all this ridiculous on going rigamarole. Be glad you are rid of them and all their crap. Working at MacDonald's pays more than Certified, is less hassel and at the end of the day you would at least get a fricking Happy Meal. lol
Go to Top of Page

HelenD

Henderson, Nevada
USA
25 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2010 :  6:38:15 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
When you get down in the dumps about a bad day with that "good" company you are working for just read this site on Certified and you will see that your day wasn't so bad after all

I was deactivated by them many months ago because I refused to get dressed and leave the house for what they pay.

Smile it does get better

Helen Dobbs
Go to Top of Page

Marjorie Powell
Valued Contributor

New Orleans, LA
USA
111 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2010 :  10:03:18 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Winona...I totally agree with you...I get the blanket email messages and the blanket phone calls. Those pesky phone recorded messages reminding me that my work is due. I would think that they would check the completed work before making those phone calls. They should contact the guilty party and discuss the problems one on one and not with those that complete the assignments correctly. This is one of the reasons that a company loses good merchandisers...just too much hassle for the small amount of pay. I have numerous permanent assignments very close together that fall on the same day so it's beneficial for me; however I have started dropping some of the assigned stores once I get something to take the place of the dropped store. Eventually all of my permanently assigned stores will fade into the sunset lol.....
Go to Top of Page

Ellinbeth
Valued Contributor

USA
129 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2010 :  10:50:22 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I received one of the nasty automated phone calls this morning, informing me that my job was late. This was interesting since I was supposed to wait to receive my materials (and they knew I hadn't received them) and visits were not supposed to be done on teh weekends. Oh well.

In doing the DVDs for today, one of the last questions was whether I took photos. I did not see any instructions saying photos were needed for this visit, like they were for the last visit with the POG changeout. Plus the store hate photos to be taken. is everyone else taking photos this time?

Ellinbeth
Go to Top of Page

Laura_In_Az
Star Contributor

Tucson, AZ
USA
307 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2010 :  12:51:28 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am not taking photos.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2848 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2010 :  3:23:28 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I took 3 and forgot my camera for the 4th. No message regarding the 4th store.

Sue, Yes, I can actually say that I'm getting desperate for work until May when my other work picks up. If I wasn't doing that work 6 months per year, I would be signing up with several more companies. Also, there are alot of merchandisers in my area that even the Certified cheapy work get snatched up quickly.

I'm looking forward to May, when real money starts coming in. I HOPE.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Marjorie Powell
Valued Contributor

New Orleans, LA
USA
111 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2010 :  11:03:55 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Ellinbeth...I'm not sure but I think I remember in the last round of DGs or the round before there was a message in the instructions that indicated that the client now wants photos at every visit....as I posted..I'm not sure but for some reason I remember reading that somewhere. I'm kinda like everyone else....just waiting for other work to pick up and to get older so I can file for my social security LOL...
Go to Top of Page

Ellinbeth
Valued Contributor

USA
129 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2010 :  05:40:12 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I guess I better take some photos today.....

Read in the morning newspaper that Sony is laying off 450 workers due to declining DVD sales! I must admit that I thought it was Certified that was being cheap about the pay, extra time allotment, and so on, but maybe it is actually Sony. Seems that no job can actually be considered permanent---but hopefully if DVDs are no longer sold/serviced, something else will come to take its place...

Ellinbeth
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2010 :  06:29:29 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ellinbeth

I guess I better take some photos today.....

---but hopefully if DVDs are no longer sold/serviced, something else will come to take its place...

No offense Ellinbeth, but that sounds defeatist to me. If we all were to take the "I was looking for a job when I found this one" attitude, then the programs we work on would surely eventually fail.

As Big Sue said above, this thread is full of negative attitudes and gripes... the most negative thread on Volition. CMS is not forcing us to work for them, and there are plenty of other companies out there to work for.

Myself, I'm thankful for my DG/SPHE program jobs. I've negotiated fair pay for my jobs and the involved driving, I have efficient routes arranged, and I try to be an ambassador for the company and program. Some of the employees call me the "movie man" and I try to work with them on a friendly basis, which sometimes means spending more time in the stores than the cap pays for the job. Small price to pay for the regular work/paycheck. Taking a pic of the inline when done is a small task, so why all the griping? CMS pays more regularly than most other companies, and honestly, I've never had a problem with payroll.
Go to Top of Page

TeresaCarver

Broxton, GA
USA
12 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2010 :  06:47:30 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I work for Certified because I can't get more work just yet....I am a new merchandiser ( since Nov.) and so far I have gotten hired by two other companys, only getting two assignments with one of those companys so far.....I took on 3 DG for CMS that are quite a drive for me, over 35 miles one way, at a higher rate because these are in small rural towns that are hard to fill...I was paid the correct rate for the first few paychecks, then for the last 3 I have been paid $6 for them. I have sent in several pay inquiries, but I haven't gotten a reply yet!!!! I work for Certified because I have too. I have applied to every company out there, and haven't gotten any work yet aside from the 2 small jobs from Premium! I guess no one wants to hire me because I have no experience! There have been plenty of openings in my area, and I have applied to them all!! The only work I can get is from CMS....but I am trying really hard to get more!
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2848 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2010 :  06:50:40 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've been doing dvds for several companies since March, 08. Since that time the studios have cut hours and visits on a regular basis. The more people download the movies from online, the less dvds are sold thru retailers. With Sony itself, I went from $12 per visit for a 30-45 min to $9/hr, and those are not Certified's work. Of course, Certified's work is averaged at $8/hr, not much difference except they except most visit to take 30 minutes or less.

Yes, we are not forced to work for them, UNLESS they are the only work in the area that has not been already taken.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Marjorie Powell
Valued Contributor

New Orleans, LA
USA
111 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2010 :  11:53:37 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Fortunately I reside in a large city where there is plenty of work but some of my permanent assigned stores have been reduced from every other week visits to once a month visits. I've had 2 stores that the DVDs have been completly removed from due to lack of sales. As Marla posted the more people download movies online the less they are going to sell in retail locations. I have had very few problems with Certified (guess I'm fortunate) other than the recorded messages and emails saying my work was late when it wasn't. This is very minor and simply takes deleting the messages and emails which I can live with...nothing to get really upset over although it is frustrating at times. I also work for Certified because I want to....I've never had a problem with them extending the date on any job to get it done or reducing my fee without the capped time in the store being reduced. Most of the time I would be driving in the areas that the assignments are in to begin with so it's not an inconvenience to stop and do the assignment. It's unfortunate that some merchandisers have to travel greater distances to do assignments for the fee that is paid but then the mercandiser doesn't have to accept that assignment either. I somehow think that sometimes we as merchandisers get to the point where we are accustomed to companies paying a higher fee and we expect all the other companies to pay the same fees for the same assignments. I have only had problems with one or two of the employees from Certified so usually when I have to contact them I speak with one of the older employees that I have talked to and developed a working relationship with. There are pros and cons of every company but all in all I'm pretty satisfied with my relationship with Certified. Just my
Go to Top of Page

Ellinbeth
Valued Contributor

USA
129 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2010 :  3:13:09 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Actually, in terms of the photos, the online forms asks "Did you take photos of any promotional displays?" I am not sure if they mean the Sony promotions---or other promotions, as they requested in previous months. If it's other promotions, so they can get an idea of what's out there and go after the business, I do have a problem with that. Sorry for the griping, Dar-L, but they usually have the visit capped in such a way that I always go over----so I don't want to add insult to injury and run around the store looking for promotions. Furthermore, my grocery store has a policy of not allowing photos. I can convince them to let me take pictures of my displays, but not any others.

Ellinbeth
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2848 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2010 :  5:22:03 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Now they want you to take pictures for a Barbie endcap job. The pictures are for other displays, not anything that we as Certified people have done.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2010 :  5:40:35 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The extra pics are elective; the instructions say clearly that if you don't want to do them, then don't. What's the biggie?
Go to Top of Page

Ellinbeth
Valued Contributor

USA
129 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2010 :  7:02:12 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
So far the pictures ARE elective, although on the online reporting form, if you don't take photos, you have to explain why. I don't mind explaining why (lack of time or the store not allowing photos). But it makes me feel that I am not meeting their expectations and that does make me feel bad (always strove for A's in school, not just C's), but maybe this can be a learning experience---to just accept that which I have no control over!

Ellinbeth
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2010 :  7:36:00 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I agree that we should be paid for our work, and I don't remember being informed about these elective pics in the pre-assignment info. But my report printouts show no pay cap on this job. So why not spend a few extra minutes shopping/browsing, taking some pics, and get paid extra for it, all the while making brownie points with the company? (But let's be reasonable about it!)
Go to Top of Page

MaryRod
Star Contributor

El Centro, CA
USA
542 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2010 :  8:46:54 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I seems to me Certified is mixing the mystery shopping assignments with the merchandising. Because the are asking us to take pictures of other displays we do not work with. I did tell store manager they wanted a picture of an additional display and showed him the form.
They should offer some thing for those other pictures.... at least $1.

What is a covert merchandising job? It was for a display to see if it was set to POG. If not to take picture then fix according to POG, to do it covertly since it was a covert assignment.

Certified is the only company that did sent tools that were needed of every package of the assignment. ( a few stores) If you needed a crew driver is was in the box, I got 3-4 of them, one for each store over a year ago and I still use them.

I was told it took a while, long while for them to get to you inquire for errors on pay. Also that your message had to have all the information job number, date completed, location......everything or else it's disgarded. It took me months to get paid on a huge assignment that I took a partner. If the job took much, much longer than we were scheduled for(it did) it takes much longer for them to look into it and check things out. I was very lucky to get a call on a question for that assignment and I told the girl I hadn't been paid, I needed to pay my partner. She helped me through it and contacted the person in payroll in charge of that project. Lucky I had caller ID and saved the phone number because I gave that girl a return call and told her again to tell the person payroll I needed to be paid still. This was already a few months after the job was completed. On my own trying to get help was impossible, no one on the phone can help you and no one replys fast enough. But in a few months you may get an email as to why you weren't paid, like they didn't get my report once when I had called it in and left it as a message. Are we suppost press # to save our message? Because I just huge up the phone when I finished.

~~ Please consider the environment before printing unnecessary pages.~~
~*~Mary~*~
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 81 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.33 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums