Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Merchandising & Demo
 Feedback Requested: Certified Marketing Services (CMS) (2)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 81

Marjorie Powell
Valued Contributor

New Orleans, LA
USA
111 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2010 :  12:49:59 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
LynnJ...SAVE those emails.....they will probably want you to either fax or email them to the office. You can call the 800-320-1290 number and press zero. Usually an operator will answer and you can tell her that you need to speak to someone about the problem. They should transfer you to the person that would handle that. You will have to be very firm with them..I'm still fighting for money owed to me for over three months and that's after faxing the emails to them...Called and transfered to the person who handles that, received her voice mail, left a message and still waiting on a return call from over a week and a half ago..Good luck.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2848 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2010 :  04:54:49 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Lynn, sometimes that 'extra bonus' money comes on a different paystub. They have to manually add the extra amount. I would 'remind' them.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

LisaSTL
Star Contributor

St. Louis, MO
USA
733 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2010 :  08:23:11 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LynnJ

What do I do when I accept jobs based on a bonus and then when I get paid, it's a stinkin $3 per location instead of the $5 or $7 it was supposed to be? I used the payment inquiry link even though it said wait 6 weeks ... because it isn't that I haven't been paid, it's that I wa paid incorrectly. Have not received a r4esponse of course.

Is there a human I can call and talk to? I still have the e-mails they sent offering the bonus money and all my acceptance notices immediately following.

I just got an e-mail from Certified offering a $10 "bonus" on a past due job that needed to be completed today. I checked the original fee and it was $8 so I was prepared to go for $18. After reading about issues on another thread I called to request the information be changed on my assignment or an e-mail be sent verifying the amount. First I was told the assignment would have to be pulled because it was only for the weekend. I read the rep my e-mail and asked for the verification. She checked and said the TOTAL amount for the job was now $10! Where do they get $10 bonus when the fee was originally $8. Needless to say, I told them to forget it.

Lisa
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2848 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2010 :  09:32:07 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The bonus amount is always the total amount, not in addition. I only wish they were. They call it bonused because it is higher than the original amount.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Ellinbeth
Valued Contributor

USA
129 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2010 :  11:52:37 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
For people doing Sony DVDs, you may want to wait before doing your online report. There's a glitch stemming from question 16 and it won't accept the report and let you continue. I really wanted to complete my two reports!

Ellinbeth
Go to Top of Page

Jonathan B.
Star Contributor

Smyrna, Tennessee
USA
469 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2010 :  5:34:31 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm missing some addtl. pay on my last (which should be my final one from them.) I'm just going to forget it because it is too much hassle to deal with. I would spend more time with e-mails and calls trying to get it fixed than it is worth. Maybe I'll get lucky and I'll get a check for the extra amount, but I'm sure not holding my breath on it.

Jonathan B.
Go to Top of Page

BrianInGA
Valued Contributor

Columbus, GA
USA
148 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2010 :  5:44:33 PM  Send BrianInGA an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I got an email response yesterday to a payroll inquiry that was submitted in early December (with an apology for the delayed response). A pleasant surprise, since I wasn't expecting anything after that long...

Brian
MSPA Silver Certified - Contact me for your shopping and merchandising needs in Columbus, GA and Phenix City, AL
Go to Top of Page

Gayle R
Star Contributor

Eastern Shore, VA
USA
1396 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2010 :  10:52:06 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Lynn what I was told when I still worked for them was that the payroll is handled in a different part of the country than the so-called Help Center & they will not give you a phone number for them They claim they don't have one but I don't believe that. You have to make teh inqury & just wait. But make sure you give them your ID# store#, Project ID# & the date of the visit or it will be ignored. If you haven't heard in about a week. Send another one with the required info.

Jonathan, just curious, if you are de-activated how do you get on the site to check out MS assignments? I started out as a MSer for them & went into the merchandsising end after a while. Oh & Jonathan I am still owed $14 but I'll never see it. I did send an inquiry & they did reply but they wanted to know who I spoke with that authorized extra time. This was 15 extra minures per store for 7 stores. If I was going to lie, it would be for more than $14. Oh but I forgot I'm guilty of falsifying reports (according to them) I replied & told them I had talked to 3 different people in a two day period & all 3 said OK, they would note it in my file But it had been a month ago & I didn't remember their names. Have not heard another word & don't expect to. Some days I feel like calling just to yank their chain but like you, not worth the hassle.

Gayle
Go to Top of Page

Jonathan B.
Star Contributor

Smyrna, Tennessee
USA
469 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2010 :  9:49:56 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Gayle,

I still work for the main MS side(the old Shop N' Chek out of Atlanta). It's confusing sometimes, I know. All I'm doing now is MSing and it's 100% less stress b/c of no hassle with Certified.

Jonathan B.
Go to Top of Page

LisaSTL
Star Contributor

St. Louis, MO
USA
733 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2010 :  9:55:33 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MarlaB

The bonus amount is always the total amount, not in addition. I only wish they were. They call it bonused because it is higher than the original amount.

That's new to me. I've never really done merchandising and, in fact, have only done two jobs for this company in two years. I was contacted both times and one was a 10 minute audit and the other, supposedly a merchandising job. I only went to the merchandising job because it's a neighborhood store and I know the employees including the video department manager. They hadn't had a visit for a while, but the employees were keeping everything stocked.

My work is on the mystery shopping side and over half of it is announced audits. When I get e-mails offering a bonus, it means just that, a bonus on top of the original commission.

Lisa
Go to Top of Page

TVaughn
Contributor

USA
94 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2010 :  11:06:54 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm a little confused, is this the same company that has Certified Field Associantes a Market Force Company? If so has anyone received thier w-2 or 1099. If so what name is it coming under?

Thanks,
Terri

Terri
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2848 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2010 :  2:52:37 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Terri, I got mine last week or the week before. Of course, If you didn't make $600 from Certified or MarketForce, you would not get one. Mine was from MarketForce, even tho I have only worked for Certified. Next year, the 2 companies W2s will be added together.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

DavidCar
Valued Contributor

Charlotte, North Carolina
USA
114 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2010 :  03:07:30 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Anyone know the official reason movie displays were pulled from 2 Carolina area grocery chains this week?
Go to Top of Page

Sandra Wright
Star Contributor

Arlington, VA
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2010 :  04:54:50 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have worked for this company for years. I did some of the movie DVD displays for two to three years per client. I have logged a couple hundred assignments with them at least. I liked most everything I did. The thanks I got after working for years? It was that of having pay go backwards from 8-6 dollars. They claiming I would get more stores. Who's came up with that brilliant idea? Are we not supposed to go foward not backward in life. I did lots of trailer checks and concession mystery shops my favorites. Until a certain experience. When I took an assignment here in VA. I went to the theater. I followed instructions like I have many times before. I was just handing the manager who was very polite my form to sign off on when an old hag came over jumped down my throat and said don't bother the manager. I was very polite. I was infront of these people I got my signature I was doing axactly what I was expected to do. I have not set foot back in a theater since that day. Is this the kind of professionals CMS-Marketforce has running the ship. When they start appreicating folks who never missed a job in years and pay what is honorable and correct. I might be tempted to return.

Sandy C
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2848 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2010 :  05:54:19 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was speaking yesterday to one of the reps @ main office. He was asking me to do a job out of my area. He was very polite and nice. I'm filling in for another rep that is on vacation. He complimented both the other rep and myself. I really appreciated it.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

LisaOV
Star Contributor

MN
USA
2659 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2010 :  2:33:25 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Even though I had already called and said I wanted to be taken off the perm assignments with CMS they are still showing up in my current assignment box and I am still having to cancel them. Seems crazy.
Go to Top of Page

BekkiCat
Star Contributor

Charlotte, NC
USA
296 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2010 :  3:18:33 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anyone who works with the Sony DVD's gotten a package with price stickers in it for other shelf products?

Bekki
Gold-certified
Undercover Essentials video-certified
Go to Top of Page

Ellinbeth
Valued Contributor

USA
129 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2010 :  3:49:19 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
No, Bekki---and the visits are next Monday and Tuesday. Don't quite know what you are talking about....

Ellinbeth
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2848 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2010 :  4:03:54 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I had Sony visits this week, but no stickers. What store/chain?

Marla
Go to Top of Page

BekkiCat
Star Contributor

Charlotte, NC
USA
296 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2010 :  4:36:06 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Got a FEDEX with price stickers (FL Sony) for (looked up the job on the CMS site but wouldn't let me download info yet)the sticker info. It said something about a company (don't think I'm allowed to say per Volition site instructions?? to name the company) but the stickers are all for personal care products--some have "new item" below the shelf sticker price. I don't know which bracket I'm in but it gave different time ranges--from, I think, 140 minutes and up depending on ?? what type store you have. The instructions in the FEDEX package mentioned nothing about why these stickers were included but try looking it up on the CMS "permanant assignment page" for your Sony DVD project and maybe you'll get a better understanding about this extra project. Please let me know if anyone understands this more than me!

Bekki
Gold-certified
Undercover Essentials video-certified
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 81 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.38 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums