Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Merchandising & Demo
 Feedback Requested: Certified Marketing Services (CMS) (2)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 81

Sharon Lynne
Contributor

PA
USA
55 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2010 :  5:31:43 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Bekki, Just checked my assignments for the DVD's, do you think that if you are currently servicing a store they are automaticaly adding this to your assigments? I see nothing on mine and got nohting Fed Ex. I am interested to hear if you find out more info.

Sharon Lynne
Go to Top of Page

DavidCar
Valued Contributor

Charlotte, North Carolina
USA
114 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2010 :  5:37:58 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Bekki,

I did these 3 weeks ago with my FL Sony visits. The store will have 2 boxes. One box is rectangular about 2'x4' In this box is a steel sidekick. You will install these on an end cap nearest to a HBC aisle. You will need pliers and a small phillip screwdriver as the screw and nut are small. One installed, ask an HBC associate where the tote or box of travel items are ( pain medicine, toothpaste, shampoo etc.) There are about 24 items to stock and then apply the new price labels on the hook peg. Start from the top downward. You will have price tags leftover as these items are not on the saddlebag POG. When MF has the paperwork ready later this week, you will see the steps and POG involved in this task. You might need an associate to help you hold the saddlebag while placing the screws in.
Go to Top of Page

Ellinbeth
Valued Contributor

USA
129 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2010 :  7:13:49 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Ditto what Sharon Lynne said---nothing from FedEx or in the instructions.

David, is this actually part of the Sony assignment? Cutting to the chase: is there extra pay for doing this or is it just part of the Sony assignment? It certainly sounds like it will add another hour or so onto the job.

Ellinbeth
Go to Top of Page

BekkiCat
Star Contributor

Charlotte, NC
USA
296 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2010 :  7:29:23 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks for thte info David. About how long did this extra job take you? I wasn't expecting this and have another two week temp job that lasts for ten days and wasn't expecting this add-on but I'll take anything I can get!

Bekki
Gold-certified
Undercover Essentials video-certified
Go to Top of Page

DavidCar
Valued Contributor

USA
114 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2010 :  04:35:00 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
This is included in the Sony job and cap time was 120 min.
Go to Top of Page

BekkiCat
Star Contributor

Charlotte, NC
USA
296 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2010 :  9:34:51 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'll have to reread the brief note included (form not yet available) but I was under the impression that the sticker placement was in addition but, knowing CMS, that would seem too good to be true So, I guess that's what it is. Thanks for the confirmation. I guess we're on two separate sides of Charlotte. Hope your merchandising is doing well.

Bekki
Gold-certified
Go to Top of Page

DavidCar
Valued Contributor

USA
114 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2010 :  12:49:30 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Paperwork is now ready, up to 90 min for POG change out and 150-165 min for install project. The previous add on project happened during a regular restock visit which was why cap time was lower. It's much higher now.
Go to Top of Page

Ellinbeth
Valued Contributor

USA
129 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2010 :  1:32:28 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I guess we are on different schedules for the DVDs. I am supposed to go next Monday and Tuesday, but the paperwork definitely isn't ready yet. What is interesting is that each store has some tracking numbers---don't know what it is that is being tracked, but it looks like it has been delivered to the stores.

Ellinbeth
Go to Top of Page

Ellinbeth
Valued Contributor

USA
129 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2010 :  1:56:53 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Just received a message about the tracking---it's for some corrugates---will help to know who signed for them at the stores.

Ellinbeth
Go to Top of Page

Ellinbeth
Valued Contributor

USA
129 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2010 :  08:14:01 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Got the paperwork--nothing about doing any other tasks except for the usual. But---instead of the visits being done on Monday and Tuesday, they now want it on Tuesday and Wednesday---emphasis is on Tuesday. Might have been nice to have received a heads up on this a little earlier. It's not a problem for me---I'm retired and just do a little merchandising/MSing, but not everyone has such a flexible schedule.

Ellinbeth
Go to Top of Page

BekkiCat
Star Contributor

Charlotte, NC
USA
296 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2010 :  12:07:04 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Ellinbeth--I think they might be getting smart about making the visits coincide with when the sales circulars change (i.e.--possible sales on DVD's for th week.) This keeps the store from having to be reminded to put up the signage which I don't think they should have to do anyway.

Bekki
Gold-certified
Go to Top of Page

Gayle R
Star Contributor

Eastern Shore, VA
USA
1396 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2010 :  9:24:33 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Bekki when I was doing this stuff. They always wanted the visits done on Mon or Tues but all the promo stuff went on the floor on Wed. I never did understand that logic. Right before I gave it up they changed the visits to Wed on the weeks there was promo stuff to do.

Gayle
Go to Top of Page

DagnyO

San Antonio, TX
USA
41 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2010 :  07:06:06 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anyone else been called & asked to do the covert audits? I tried to explain to the person that I don't do covert assignments, I'm not any good at it - no matter how careful & sneaky I try to be, I'm always found out. I even have it in my profle that I only do merch, theatre counts and installs. I don't care if it's in my area, I ain't doin' it!

Dagny
Merchandising and resets in the San Antonio, TX Metro area covering Converse, Schertz, Selma, Universal City
NARMS Merchandising Proficiency Test Passed
Go to Top of Page

Marjorie Powell
Valued Contributor

New Orleans, LA
USA
111 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2010 :  09:46:55 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
DagnyO...that's because (1) they don't read the notes that they put in your history, (2) they didn't put the information in your history to begin with or (3) because they can't get anyone to do them and they are reaching a due date and are going to be fined if it's not completed. What amazes me is how they can unnecessarily deactivate someone and then have the nerve to call asking that person to complete an assignment. What a joke. Shows how organized they are.
Go to Top of Page

DagnyO

San Antonio, TX
USA
41 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2010 :  10:40:55 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
That probably explains why I've changed my pay to direct deposit three times and it still hasn't gone through.

Dagny
Merchandising and resets in the San Antonio, TX Metro area covering Converse, Schertz, Selma, Universal City
NARMS Merchandising Proficiency Test Passed
Go to Top of Page

Ellinbeth
Valued Contributor

USA
129 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2010 :  1:48:56 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It's been four days since anyone wrote anything about CF, so I thought it was high time that I posted something---and that people here would understand why this is funny.

I got an e-mail from Quality Control informing me of a mistake I made at one of my Sony stores. I am still not 100% I made it---but it looks like I checked off that a promotion wasn't up, when they called the manager and he said it was and that he showed me. I got a lecture from CF about being more careful! This from the company that makes one mistake after another!

So yes, I will try to be more careful, even though the time allotment isn't enough for all they want done. But if only they would strive to be more careful themselves!

Ellinbeth
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2010 :  1:59:30 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I got an email from Spar in regards to Sonys visits being reported incorrectly. I now wonder if Sony knows who is doing what.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

BekkiCat
Star Contributor

Charlotte, NC
USA
296 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2010 :  3:07:42 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Marla--that is so absurd that you got a message from Spar about Sony. So, is CMS hiring for Sapr and cutting our pay?

Bekki
Gold-certified
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2010 :  7:10:54 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Probably Bekki. CMS seems to do a lot of that. They have the shopper network set up (thru MF) and can avail MF's schedulers, computers, and payroll system.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2010 :  07:07:05 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
No, Spar has some of the Sonys, Certified has some, and I think, but not sure, if there are other companies doing Sony work also.

SMP was doing my Sonys before Spar took over from them. I also do Sony visits for Certified.

Marla
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 81 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.44 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums