Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Merchandising & Demo
 Feedback Requested: Certified Marketing Services (CMS) (2)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 81

DagnyO

San Antonio, TX
USA
41 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2010 :  07:48:36 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Okay, I needed a laugh this morning (attempting valiantly to do my mom's taxes)!

I don't have any Sony calls, haven't done any since October last year, in fact; and yet, I received an email about reporting correctly.

Dagny
Merchandising and resets in the San Antonio, TX Metro area covering Converse, Schertz, Selma, Universal City
NARMS Merchandising Proficiency Test Passed
Go to Top of Page

Ellinbeth
Valued Contributor

USA
129 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2010 :  10:41:42 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
That's a riot, Dagny! In my case, they did name the manager and said they spoke to him. And I did just do the store this week. I reported that the newest corrugate promotion wasn't there. It's possible I missed it/miswrote it. But Tuesday morning (when I went) was the first that it was being installed by the other company---and that's when I made my visit, so it's possible it wasn't up yet. Maybe I did get this wrong. But for you not to have done any for five months and then get an e-mail about reporting correctly---that's insane!

Ellinbeth
Go to Top of Page

Gayle R
Star Contributor

Eastern Shore, VA
USA
1396 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2010 :  8:19:28 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've been meaning to tell this little story but I keep forgetting. Those of you that do the DVDs for CMS in DG. Remember the corrugatge that went up right afdter we started dsoing them? I think it was called Planet 51? It is the only corrugatre we put up that I know of. Anyway it was supposed to be taken down & returned months ago. In one of the DG that I do work in for another company this display is still on the floor!! This is the same store that the CMS rep always has someone open the DVD shipments for her. I was there when she did that. Then she puts out a portion of the shipment & leaves. I guess this proves that you get what you pay for. They let the good reps go for no reason at all but this person is still working (and I use that term loosely) for them. Unbelievable.

Gayle
Go to Top of Page

Jonathan B.
Star Contributor

Smyrna, Tennessee
USA
469 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2010 :  8:22:37 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I surprised I didn't get an e-mail about it. I mean, I did get a call to do a job 2 days after I asked to be deactivated. The scheduler apologized and said he didn't see that in my file.

Jonathan B.
Go to Top of Page

BekkiCat
Star Contributor

Charlotte, NC
USA
296 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2010 :  9:06:32 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I almost always get my good chuckle for the day with these posts Here's my addition. On my last visit which included the "extra" job (endcap setup) thrown into the FL DVD reset, the manager and the stock manager located the racks but there was no product. So, I call the ph. number for assistance and the person actually asked if I could just install the empty rack Like, Duh? I almost dropped my phone because I was cracking up!

Bekki
Gold-certified
Undercover Essentials video-certified
Go to Top of Page

Marjorie Powell
Valued Contributor

New Orleans, LA
USA
111 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2010 :  09:41:41 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
LOL @ Gayle, you are so correct about getting what they pay for. I was in a store for another company that I did the DVDs in before I was wrongfully deactivated. The mgr. thought I was there to do the DVDs and said he was so glad that I was back because the person that they sent to fill in for me came to service the store on a Sunday (one of the stores busiest days) and that this person had the DVDs spread all over the place where the customers couldn't walk while resetting the spinner. LOL it's amazing....Then several of the other stores that I have gone in to do other work have told me that no on has serviced their locations since I've left almost 2 months ago. CMS would rather get rid of honest, dependable, loyal people who will work for the small amount that CMS pays by deactivating them and get fined for not having the job completed then to resolve any problem that they might have. It's a power thing. Then one of their scheduling personnel had the nerve to call me last week and ask me to take an assignment. I thought this was to funny not to mention nervy. Once again they don't read their own notes and show how unorganized the company really is.....*still laughing* They must really thing that they are the only company around and that ppl HAVE to work for them.
Go to Top of Page

Ellinbeth
Valued Contributor

USA
129 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2010 :  11:52:35 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Ugh---next week's Sony is a changeout and inventory. Does anyone else have difficulty doing this within the 75 to 90 minutes they will pay for, especially if you have a 50 facing, 2 saddlebags, a checkstand end cap and 18 power wing?

Looks like Sonys are no longer done on Monday and Tuesday---now Tuesday and Wednesday. It makes sense, but it's got to be tough for people who have a lot of other work that needs to be done on Wednesday.

Ellinbeth
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2845 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2010 :  1:43:18 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My sony visits at DG are still on Monday/Tuesday, and no changeout this time. My next changeout is 4/19. I don't have trouble with the times given, since those stores don't have alot of product. Plus I've been doing dvds for over a year now.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

DagnyO

San Antonio, TX
USA
41 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2010 :  4:55:28 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Ellinbeth, is there any allowed extra time? Seems like a bit much (to me, anyway..JMO) to ask ANYone to get done in 90 minutes. I know asking for more time is a pita.

More fun:

had a call about an assignment; I asked how much it was paying, and the CSR said '$6'. I said, I'd be more than happy to do the visit for $8. Silence..'Um, well, the assignment is paying $6 per unit..'. 'I'm sorry, but it just isn't worth it to me considering travel and reporting time. I've been doing this for 8 years, and I don't work for less than $8.' 'We can't offer any more than this.' 'Oh. How much is MF getting paid to contract this?' click.

Dagny
Merchandising and resets in the San Antonio, TX Metro area covering Converse, Schertz, Selma, Universal City
NARMS Merchandising Proficiency Test Passed
Go to Top of Page

Sue A
Star Contributor

USA
468 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2010 :  7:27:15 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I do the Sony visits for another company, We are only allowed 90 minutes also, I think Sony is the one that set the time allowed.
I have a changeout and inventory and returns to do and I can get it done in the 90 minutes,my stores have the rack,saddlebags & power wing and corrugate, but I've been doing videos for 12 years now,so can work pretty fast at it.

Sue A
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Gayle R
Star Contributor

Eastern Shore, VA
USA
1396 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2010 :  8:49:11 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Marla the changeout etc; is probably at a grocery store, not DG. This would be the same type of assignment that I called & asked for 15 xtra min on. Got an approval over the phone & never got the pay. So if you call for xtra time be sure to get the person's name & write it down so you can tell them who you spoke with a month later when they ask.

Gayle
Go to Top of Page

MattMS
Star Contributor

Genoa, Illinois
USA
360 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2010 :  8:53:13 PM  Send MattMS an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I used to work for this company, was deactivated, and then got reactivated. I pick and choose what I do for this company. I used to do a 96 facing and 28 (I think) end cap. And for awhile this store also had a 56 thing in the middle of the aisle. When it was down to just the 96 facing and 28 end cap they gave me 90 - 120 minutes for an inventory/reset. I could NEVER get it done that quickly. Just sorting the DVD's into alphabetical order out of the boxes took that long! I still can't figure out why they can't get them to come together. It's almost like they try to put the DVD's so jumbled.

I now do a few DG's, as they're small stores and don't take me long. I still do one balloon shop. The pay isn't great there, but I have to be in that town every other week anyway, and can usually add a few other shops, so it makes it worth while. Sort of at least. Plus I really like the manager. However, for 3-4 weeks I didn't get a shipment. I got down to 4 balloons before I finally got a shipment. They always ask you, "What can we do to help you sell more balloons?" I kept answering, "Send me balloons, so I can actually sell them!"

Matthew - shopping North Central & North West Illinois
Go to Top of Page

Ellinbeth
Valued Contributor

USA
129 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2010 :  05:32:19 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was told by the project manager for the Sony grocery store DVDs that I am the only one who goes over the time limit! She swore that no one asks for extra time. Made me feel very bad about my skills (or lack thereof), but then I realized that other people may need more time but just don't ask for it (for a variety of reasons).

Ellinbeth
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2845 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2010 :  05:48:39 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The other reps may just not ask for extra time because of the hassle involved. Of course, there are some that do, but Certified won't tell you about it. I have to go over on my grocery store with a 96+24 on changeouts (mine is with Spar) and I always get the extra.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Jonathan B.
Star Contributor

Smyrna, Tennessee
USA
469 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2010 :  10:09:00 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ellinbeth

I was told by the project manager for the Sony grocery store DVDs that I am the only one who goes over the time limit! She swore that no one asks for extra time. Made me feel very bad about my skills (or lack thereof), but then I realized that other people may need more time but just don't ask for it (for a variety of reasons).

Don't feel bad. I went over the 90 min. before a cap was put on (went 105 I think) and then went over at least once after the cap was put on, but did not call b/c of hassle I didn't think it was worth it, plus I too felt bad b/c I decided that maybe I was just slow.

Jonathan B.
Go to Top of Page

Ellinbeth
Valued Contributor

USA
129 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2010 :  4:23:37 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Does anyone do the phone job at FD? I'll be trying it for the first time tomorrow. Looks complicated, but the store is actually quite small, so maybe it won't be too bad.

I was surprised to see that I have to ask the manager to rate my performance---this is a first.

Ellinbeth
Go to Top of Page

DavidCar
Valued Contributor

Charlotte, North Carolina
USA
114 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2010 :  4:45:36 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have been doing the FD for years. It may seem like a lot at first but once you perform several of these, they are super easy. Make sure to read and review your paperwork. Second, bring the box that was shipped to you. Print the forms and also the standard operating procedures. Your forms will guide you through the visit. Once at the store, find the display, stock with cards and any backstock of phones if they will fit. Phones are displayed on a lockable peg. The manager will have a magnet key to unlock the pegs. Take inventory of phones and then ask if there are any phone returns. Make sure to place the correct return label with the correct carrier. Make sure returned phone has all components (phone, package, charger, etc.) and include transfer invoice that manager will perform and place inside shipment. Good Luck.

PS. The rating of your performance is something new by MF. I just saw this on my paperwork. I wish agents could issue a rating of performance by MF
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2010 :  06:22:51 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My FD's had the performance ratings letter in the last round I did. At signout I gave the letters to the managers, politely explained that the company wanted feedback on their merchandisers. One manager promptly threw it in the trash, and another handed it back to me and said she didn't have time for it. Guess they weren't impressed with my work!
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2845 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2010 :  07:47:48 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just asked my FD manager to honestly rate me, and she did. I ap preciate her being honest. She still gave me a very high rating, the only problems she had is that she didn't know exactly what week I would be in (that isn't my call)

The phone visits are rather simple, just read your instructions and take them with you. Be sure you have the updated version.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

LeeM
Contributor

Dunedin, FL
USA
70 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2010 :  11:23:41 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just signed up for the after movie surveys...apparently they are looking for people who paid attention to the commercials before the movie for a local supermarket. They want 66 surveys completed over the weekend. I am wondering if anyone has done these and how long it took you to get all the surveys completed. If I get 66 done Fri and Sat nights, I don't have to go back Sun...just trying to get an estimate to determine if I will have to work on Sunday...thanks!

Lee
Shopping in Dunedin
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 81 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.44 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums