Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Merchandising & Demo
 Feedback Requested: Certified Marketing Services (CMS) (2)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 81

Ellinbeth
Valued Contributor

USA
129 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2010 :  1:51:35 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks, David. The job wasn't too bad, but that magnetic key thing is difficult to use. Although today was the first day it could be done, the online reporting is not yet available. And they neglected to say what should be done with the buttons. They sent out an e-mail about it, but I didn't see it until I completed the job. Interesting how we get told it's unacceptable to make mistakes, but they always can be counted on for an error or two.

Ellinbeth
Go to Top of Page

DarleneH
Star Contributor

Cleveland, OH
USA
1325 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2010 :  05:03:37 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Did anyone else pick up the lighters last month? The jobs have been stuck in limbo for 4 weeks now, and they can't be entered so no payment.
Go to Top of Page

Minerva

AZ
USA
45 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2010 :  06:27:38 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DarleneH

Did anyone else pick up the lighters last month? The jobs have been stuck in limbo for 4 weeks now, and they can't be entered so no payment.

I did mine 2/10, entered the report and sent the lighters back the same day. Then a couple days later I got the email about holding on to the lighters if you haven't sent them back (or something similar). Got paid on 2/18. Didn't know they were still in limbo.

Minerva
Southern Arizona
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2010 :  6:52:15 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
If nothing else Darlene, you wind up with a bunch of lighters that retail for $10 each I think.
Go to Top of Page

AndreaSarrah
Contributor

Alexandria, VA
USA
69 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2010 :  5:23:59 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did the lighter job at 3 locations, picked up about 100 lighters. And no, we don't end up with lighters. We were told to take them apart to get ready for shipping. I don't know about anyone else, but I found taking them apart very time consuming. I've emailed CMS about it and all they say is they still have not been told what to do with them.
I suggested we get paid for the time we have already put in but I guess that did not go over very well because they did not even mention it.

AndreaSarrah
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2010 :  12:04:36 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Just curious AndreaSarrah, whaat instructions did they give for "taking them apart"?

Sounds like the job might have jumped from easy to technical/dangerous!
Go to Top of Page

AndreaSarrah
Contributor

Alexandria, VA
USA
69 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2010 :  08:37:53 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yes, it did go from easy to technical if not dangerous. The directions are several pages long. I'm not sure about how I would go about posting them.

AndreaSarrah
Go to Top of Page

Minerva

AZ
USA
45 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2010 :  2:43:11 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AndreaSarrah

Yes, it did go from easy to technical if not dangerous. The directions are several pages long. I'm not sure about how I would go about posting them.

Are these the lighters that were supposed to be Fedexed back after releasing the gas? My instructions, although lengthy, didn't say anything about taking them apart. I released the gas in my backyard, threw the lighters into a box that the mall store provided when I picked up the lighters and shipped them Fedex Ground using the company's shipper number. I was paid for the time it took to release the gas, up to 3 hrs. The lighters were in one piece when I shipped them.

If I was supposed to take them apart, I would've definitely refused the job and told them it was too dangerous. Frankly, releasing the gas required using protective gloves and that wasn't even in my instructions.

Minerva
Southern Arizona
Go to Top of Page

AndreaSarrah
Contributor

Alexandria, VA
USA
69 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2010 :  4:29:12 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yep, same job. The original directions were to simply let out the gas and ship them but I guess some FedEx stations refused to ship them so they revised the instructions. I guess if you got the assignments early in the program and didn't have a problem you lucked out.
I did three locations over two days and when I came home the second day I got a message stating to let out the gas but hold on to the lighters for now. A day or so later they came out with the instructions to disassemble them. I just assumed, perhaps naively, that we will eventually get paid for the actual time we put in. I'm pretty new at this.

AndreaSarrah
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2848 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2010 :  6:50:18 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I didn't do the lighters because the releasing of the butane gas. I believe that releasing of that gas could have been dangerous and I have enough problems with the air quality any way.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

DarleneH
Star Contributor

Cleveland, OH
USA
1325 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2010 :  03:30:19 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I took the lighters apart, too, after I emptied out the gas in 20 degree weather! Who know that the gas would get colder than cold, and made my finger feel frostbitten and peel (I did wear a heavy rubber glove) I"d like to get paid after a month, too.
Go to Top of Page

AndreaSarrah
Contributor

Alexandria, VA
USA
69 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2010 :  8:46:15 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
So, do you think we will ever finish this and get paid?

AndreaSarrah
Go to Top of Page

DarleneH
Star Contributor

Cleveland, OH
USA
1325 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2010 :  10:05:22 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I hope so. Do they always cancel assignments that you've already taken this much? There have been 2 projects this week so far that are gone.(stickers and pricing)
Go to Top of Page

MarkFL
Valued Contributor

FL
USA
153 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2010 :  10:07:41 AM  Visit MarkFL's Homepage  Send MarkFL an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have a "Fuel" sticker project that disappeared from my list. What is strange is they are still offering others in the area.

Mark
MSPA Gold Shopper and Professional Merchandiser.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2848 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2010 :  1:48:37 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My "Fuel" job is still there, so far.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

AndreaSarrah
Contributor

Alexandria, VA
USA
69 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2010 :  5:33:32 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I had three 7-11 pre-pay card placement jobs that got canceled within hours of when I accepted them. Funniest part? A week later I received the cards for them shipped FedEx overnight. (All the other shipments for this assignment came FedEx ground.) It was a really heavy package; I can't imagine what it cost to ship. When I asked what to do with them I was told, "Disregard." Even funnier, they shipped very small amounts of some of the cards for the earlier shops, like 6 per location, because they didn't have enough cards.

AndreaSarrah
Go to Top of Page

AndreaSarrah
Contributor

Alexandria, VA
USA
69 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2010 :  8:56:13 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anybody heard anything about the lighter pick-up/return shops? I have asked a couple of times but only been told, "wait." Anybody have any idea about how we can get them to pay us for the time already spent doing the assignment?

AndreaSarrah
Go to Top of Page

Ellinbeth
Valued Contributor

USA
129 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2010 :  4:24:16 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anyone done a theater installation/standee recently? I tried to do Shrek yesterday. It was rated Difficult, but not extremely difficult---supposedly mostly because of the large size. Was estimated to take 150 minutes with a partner (each taking 150 minutes). We are not absolute beginners and have done a few, but this was impossible! After 240 minutes, we had completed some of it, but there were some problems with the directions. I tried to call and ask for help, but of course, my call wasn't answered. I was just on hold forever. After four hours each, our hourly rate was way under minimum wage---and it looked like we could have another two hours or more, because the last parts were very intricate---lots of curves for the S. Some of the cardboard was poorly cut. After many paper cuts and blisters, we just gave up. The manage said his staff would complete the rest. I called again to discuss the situation and was told to leave a message. 24 hours later, no one has called me back. Yet the paperwork requests that you stay at the theater if you have problems and speak to Certified staff.
This will be the end of my theater jobs with them. Maybe at the most I would do an audit of promotional materials. I like making money and I like challenges, but this was just ridiculous.

Ellinbeth
Go to Top of Page

DarleneH
Star Contributor

Cleveland, OH
USA
1325 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2010 :  07:10:01 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi AndreaSarrah. I asked them about the lighters again today. This is ridiculous-I did mine 6 weeks ago. I got the usual- We have no new information and will let you know when we do! We may be out of luck on this one.
Go to Top of Page

AndreaSarrah
Contributor

Alexandria, VA
USA
69 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2010 :  11:48:49 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Darlene, I just can't understand how they can do that. They "contracted" with us to do a job and we did it.
It is not our fault if they can't figure out what to do from this point on. Even if they end up telling us just to throw the stuff out aren't they required to pay us? I had almost 100 lighters, do you have any idea how long it took take then apart?!?

AndreaSarrah
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 81 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.48 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums