Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Merchandising & Demo
 Feedback Requested: Certified Marketing Services (CMS) (2)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 81

AndreaSarrah
Contributor

Alexandria, VA
USA
69 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2010 :  3:45:56 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
ZIPPO LIGHTER UPDATE...MAYBE?

I sent this email:
Do you have any idea when we will get paid for the time we have put in for these shops? I put many hours into doing what was required and believe it is unfair to not get paid.

And got this reply:
Subject: RE:completion and payment
Message: Hello, We are arranging that as we speak and it should not be long. Thanks!

AndreaSarrah
Go to Top of Page

Ellinbeth
Valued Contributor

USA
129 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2010 :  7:43:13 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did the FUEL job. Way easy---can definitely do 100 boxes in an hour or less. This was the first job ever with clear instructions and which didn't underestimate the time required to complete the job. If only they could all be like this!

Ellinbeth
Go to Top of Page

.AnnieWulf
Inactive

USA
70 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2010 :  07:50:34 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Regarding the Mobile Phone Chit Cards Inventory

Yes, I believe they are taking advantage of the situation in asking us to do an inventory on the cards for the Family Dollar Stores for two dollars. However, I've worked out a plan on the "how to" and keeping them straight which should speed the process up. I found a box in FD that had 8 different compartments. They were Eveready Gold Battery boxes. They look like a Christmas Ornament box, which is something else that might work if the compartments are the right size. I had to use one compartment for more than one brand of phone card, of course I chose the ones with the fewest cards, and the other 7 compartments hold only one brand each. I went through all my cards and put them in packs of ten by brand and denomination. In a few instances I had a odd card or three left over, which I noted. I printed the inventory form from the site and entered the info as I went along. Keeping the cards in batches of ten with rubber bands should make the chore go faster and it should be easier next time. I only have four stores and it took me almost an hour to sort, band, and count them. I feel my time is worth more than two dollars an hour but hopefully in the future I can do this task in two dollar's worth of time! Really, what they pay us to perform this count shouldn't be a flat two bucks but should be based on the number of stores we have on permanent assignment with two bucks (at least) being a base pay. Unfortunately, they didn't ask my opinion
Go to Top of Page

TeresaCarver

Broxton, GA
USA
12 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2010 :  08:57:57 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I think we should all send a message to them complaining about the $2 pay...maybe then they would listen! Or they would at least know we're not happy about it!
Go to Top of Page

Russell C.

USA
33 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2010 :  12:16:36 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Complaining to them about the pay will not solve anything. The only message you could send them that would work is if you nor anyone else accept jobs for that kind of pay.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2848 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2010 :  1:16:56 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
You're right, complaining about the rate of pay doesn't help, or at least it hasn't helped in the last 3 years. And not taking the jobs doesn't do much either, because there are people desperate enough to take them. I take those low jobs after they can't find someone else, and bonus it up alittle, IF I'm going to be in the store anyway. Unfortunately the job you are talking about isn't a job/assignment. It is part of our regular work, and shouldn't be a big deal if we were all as organized as Annie.

Annie, I will be looking for one of those type of boxes in the future. Thanks for your idea.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

.AnnieWulf
Inactive

USA
70 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2010 :  2:33:48 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Glad I could help, Marla. That's one of the ways this forum fills an essential need, the sharing of info, tips, and tricks. Of course it also gives us an opportunity to vent, and at times that's helpful as well.

With Certified I take the bitter with the sweet. No one twists my arm to force me to work for them. While there's no such thing as "extra" money, especially these days, my work for Certified provides a bit more money than I'd have otherwise. At least they're offering to pay something for the extra hassle. They could have tacked the inventory onto the report form, paid no more and required us to fill it out for each site we do. I must admit that I had thought it was a waste to send those cards out over and over again for us to just throw away.
Go to Top of Page

MaryAnnV

Lakewood, CO
USA
19 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2010 :  5:22:08 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
OK. Here's my rant about Certified. Wasn't going to say anything but since I was just deactivated, I'm mad and have to vent.

A couple of months ago, I did the assignment at a sporting goods store that required looking for and taking inventory of several different types of balls. I completed the job and the manager confirmed and signed off on my findings. Several weeks later, I get a call from Certified that they called the store and a manager told them that they did indeed have one of the kinds I did not locate. The caller asked me if I would return to do the job.

I told her that I had done the job and that the information I submitted was correct at that time. She didn't seem to understand and asked me if I would return. I asked if I would be paid for an additional visit (a paltry $8) and she said that I would not because I had not found the balls. I repeated that I had done the job and the information I submitted on that day was correct.

Well, we went round and round. Bottom line. They DID NOT pay me for completing the job.

MaryAnn Valeska
Go to Top of Page

Marjorie Powell
Valued Contributor

New Orleans, LA
USA
111 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2010 :  9:34:01 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Mary Ann....I can feel your frustration. I was also deactivated for something that didn't happen. The people at Certified do what they want to, when they want to, how they want to and they give no consideration to the person who completed the assignment properly. They don't believe anything that the merchandiser tells them and only what is told to them by the store personnel whether it be the truth or not. Others have complained about being deactivated, poor company management, poor company operational skills, lack of respect for their merchandisers and the low pay for jobs. That is one of the reasons that they can't keep good merchandisers and have such a high turn over in there merchandiser data base. I like others was with them for at least 4+ years until I was deactivated but I guess I should call and thank them because I have a couple of other companies that pay twice as much as Certified, furnish all the forms, paperwork and supplies or at least pay for the time and supplies if I have to print anything...I think it is a good fill in for lack of work at other companies and to get some merchandising experience but since I've been deactivated there is less personal stress, less needless phone calls, less travel, less expense for gas, printing, ink, paper, etc. and more income. Maybe there is something to the old saying that when one door closes another one opens that is better. Good luck in your endeavors.
Go to Top of Page

Jonathan B.
Star Contributor

Smyrna, Tennessee
USA
469 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2010 :  10:17:07 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hey guys and gals,

I feel for you all on the FD chit card inventory. Glad I quit this company, even if I do make a little bit less money now (though not much). I think I still have some chit cards in a box somewhere in my car. . .Anyone want some extra?

Jonathan B.
Go to Top of Page

BrianHanson37
Valued Contributor

USA
122 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2010 :  12:36:30 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Although I see your point, gotta look at it from their view too. I know you are telling the truth, but for every 10 people that tell the truth there is one that lies. That one liar ruins it for everyone, which makes them not trust us. Although I have never done do, I could see how it would be easy to lie since we don't have to send hardcopies in.

For the record, I RARELY accept assignments from them unless I will be in the store for another company. I will allow them to add extra money to my paycheck, but I will not drive to a store for their slave wages.

FUEL project was easy, both managers at my stores were happy because I heard the product is not selling well. Not hard to imagine though once you see how thin the box is!
Go to Top of Page

Big Sue
Star Contributor

USA
787 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2010 :  02:02:18 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Marjorie Powell

Mary Ann....I can feel your frustration. I was also deactivated for something that didn't happen. The people at Certified do what they want to, when they want to, how they want to and they give no consideration to the person who completed the assignment properly. They don't believe anything that the merchandiser tells them and only what is told to them by the store personnel whether it be the truth or not. Others have complained about being deactivated, poor company management, poor company operational skills, lack of respect for their merchandisers and the low pay for jobs. That is one of the reasons that they can't keep good merchandisers and have such a high turn over in there merchandiser data base. I like others was with them for at least 4+ years until I was deactivated but I guess I should call and thank them because I have a couple of other companies that pay twice as much as Certified, furnish all the forms, paperwork and supplies or at least pay for the time and supplies if I have to print anything...I think it is a good fill in for lack of work at other companies and to get some merchandising experience but since I've been deactivated there is less personal stress, less needless phone calls, less travel, less expense for gas, printing, ink, paper, etc. and more income. Maybe there is something to the old saying that when one door closes another one opens that is better. Good luck in your endeavors.

Can you let us know, if you don't mind, the names of those companies? I am always looking for decent leads. Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

BrianInGA
Valued Contributor

Columbus, GA
USA
148 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2010 :  06:05:38 AM  Send BrianInGA an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anyone received their materials yet for the KOL032210 project? Still waiting here. Kinda makes it hard to plan/schedule when things are this far off-date, but I guess that's just part of the fun...

Brian
MSPA Silver Certified - Contact me for your shopping and merchandising needs in Columbus, GA and Phenix City, AL
Go to Top of Page

MaryAnnV

Lakewood, CO
USA
19 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2010 :  08:09:53 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Marjorie,

Thanks for your support. Every thing you said is absolutely right!!

I was deactivated over something a store mgr. in the Sony DVD program said and it was her word against mine. James at Certified flat out told me that he had to take the word of the store -- end of discussion.

This, after I worked my butt off with those DVD's. The stores I had were routinely shipped way more product than they had room for and on this last inventory, changeout and return, I spent up to three hours at some stores, down on my hands and knees packing up product.

The kicker tho was that James said if payroll hadn't already gone through, he would not have paid me for any of this last round of visits!!! Now that I've been deactivated, I have no way of knowing if I'll be paid for other jobs I did since this as I can't see the payment record!

Sounds illegal to me and I will definitely be pursuing this.

MaryAnn Valeska
Go to Top of Page

Gayle R
Star Contributor

Eastern Shore, VA
USA
1396 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2010 :  8:13:25 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Jonathan, I don't miss them one bit. I was just reading about the ligher fiasco & shaking my head. To all of you who wondered if it would do any good to complain. The answer is not one bit. They don't care about you.

Gayle
Go to Top of Page

Gretta
Star Contributor

Jacksonville, NC
USA
1566 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2010 :  8:20:38 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I only take very occasional assignments from them. The Fuel one was the first one I have taken from them this year actually. That was because I was going to be in the area already for another company. (Not actually in WalMart, but driving by it).
Go to Top of Page

Kim S.

Tucson, AZ
USA
16 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2010 :  11:02:12 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Uhhm...How exactly does one get OFF of the e-mail and call lists of this outfit?

I signed up to do a price-audit that I gave up on 45 min. into task, mostly because their UPC's had NOTHING to do with either the store tags or any info on actual product.

They gave me 90 min. to do the task, for $10.00.

After 45 min. in a store that I am intimately familiar with, I couldn't get through 25% of their 95 item long list of F-ed up UPC codes.

So, I quit.

Why won't they let me quit?

I'm not even asking them to pay me $10.00 for the time I wasted in that store.

Just stop e-mailing me and calling my land-line about jobs that I obviously have no intention of taking from you!

I can't tell you how UNINTERESTED I am in the fact that you can occasionally employ retarded people for $1.75 per hour.

Don't call me!!!

What more does it take?

I have actually, formally, BURNED YOU!!!

Kim
Go to Top of Page

Ellinbeth
Valued Contributor

USA
129 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2010 :  2:23:37 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
[quote]Originally posted by Kim S.

I can't tell you how UNINTERESTED I am in the fact that you can occasionally employ retarded people for $1.75 per hour.

/quote]

Kim, I couldn't tell whether Certified has actually told you that they employ "retarded people" for $1.75 an hour, or whether you were being sarcastic. Either way, a bit offensive! And illegal. Retarded people receive the same protection with minimum wage laws as nondisabled people. In sheltered workshops, they are able to pay piece rate, which can work to $1.75 an hour or less----because they are in training.

It is true---some of Certified's jobs come out to $1.75 an hour or less, when you factor in all the time or expenses. But as can be seen on this thread, some of us accept it on a temporary or permanent basis, for various reasons. So, congrats on not accepting any more jobs with them (if they will stop contacting you---strange that you didn't get deactivated when you didn't complete the job), but some of us will keep on keeping on----and this includes some of us with normal or above IQs!

Ellinbeth
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2848 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2010 :  3:02:45 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Kim, have you quit them? If not, do so.

And that's what caller id is for. Unless you know people in the same area code as Certified, then just ignore them.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Marjorie Powell
Valued Contributor

New Orleans, LA
USA
111 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2010 :  10:06:48 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Kim,

I like many others worked for Certified and I'm far from retarded...and even if I was if I didn't want to do a job for 90 minutes at $10.00 I wouldn't have taken it. Everyone has/had their reasons for accepting jobs from Certified and I find your statement to be very offensive also not only to me but to others on this site and to the mentally challenged people. If you want to get off of their website/call list then go to their website and click on "deactivate my account". This should delete you from their call list and data list. I also find it unusual that they didn't deactivate you automatically when you didn't complete the assignment since that is what they normally would have done.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 81 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.47 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums