Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Merchandising & Demo
 Feedback Requested: Certified Marketing Services (CMS) (2)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 81

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2009 :  5:09:21 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Jeff, I've not been told anything regarding software testing, and I have already received the paperwork for my dvd visit for Mon/Tues.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Jonathan B.
Star Contributor

Smyrna, Tennessee
USA
469 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2009 :  8:50:32 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I decided to pick up a Rand McNally visit at a Target for this coming week. This will be my first one ever. Any tips from those of you that have done these before. I'm a little nervous. How long does it usually take? The instructions said it was estimated at 60 minutes, but did not give a time cap.

Jonathan B.
Go to Top of Page

Gayle R
Star Contributor

Eastern Shore, VA
USA
1396 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2009 :  9:34:49 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Jeff, I have never been told that IT was testing anything on CMS, ever. New one on me!! Not sure I believe it. Them, not you.

Gayle
Go to Top of Page

ActorMichael
Valued Contributor

USA
145 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2009 :  11:18:24 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have done this for another company and it will take at least 1.5 hours. They will have a lot of expired product to return for credit.

Michael
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2009 :  01:56:53 AM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
New paperwork from the puzzle palace has me wondering:
"Reshuffle" vs "Changeout"

It appears somebody spilled the display and put them back in a different order.
I'm debating. Do I pull a row at time and refill?
OR
Do I clean out one side like a changeout and reset?

Is one usually less time than the other

Jeff Hix
Serving metro Omaha, Nebraska including Bellevue, Papillion, La Vista, Ralston, Plattsmouth and Council Bluffs, Iowa.
MSPA Silver Certified - MSPA Gold Certified - NARMS Proficiency Test PASSED
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2009 :  03:50:52 AM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
UPDATE: check your delivery. The task is no where near as bad as it could be when seeing the recall client's homepage.

2nd UPDATE: DOUBLE check your downloaded paperwork. The assignment has been modified from the above.

A much smaller number compared to the client's web page which lists:

57 batch codes are on the master list.
21 varieties of product.

I have two of them about 2 miles apart. I'm not sure about taking any more until the paperwork comes out. I might if they tack on a bonus for gas.

Update: At least the shipment from the puzzle palace arrived on time.

Now if could only get a clue who supplies the boxes. What size will I need? What if there is more than one box?

Have label will slap!

Jeff Hix
Serving metro Omaha, Nebraska including Bellevue, Papillion, La Vista, Ralston, Plattsmouth and Council Bluffs, Iowa.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2009 :  5:04:45 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Ok, I have some answers for some of you.

First, I have done RandMcNally at Target, my store had very little credits needed. Less than an hour, easily. That's my store. The ONLY store with maps that I have done that took more than 1 hr was American Map @ Borders, but they had 6 or 8 waterfall displays PLUS a couple other fixtures, it took over 2 hrs and should have taken 3 hrs for a complete job. I had to leave early.

Next, changeout vs reshuffle. A reshuffle doesn't take as long due to not needed returns. What I do is empty one side, clean, then pull the dvds needed for that side, then side 2, do the same, side 3, do the same, by the time you get to side 4 you should have very little left on side 4, clean and fill. What I am describing is a 4 sided, 96 slot fixture. But you can get the idea.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Jonathan B.
Star Contributor

Smyrna, Tennessee
USA
469 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2009 :  7:17:01 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the info. on Rand McNally projects. At least now I know what I'm getting into and not so nervous now. I appreciate your help!!

Jonathan B.
Go to Top of Page

BekkiCat
Star Contributor

Charlotte, NC
USA
296 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2009 :  7:25:23 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Marla, that's basically how I work it except I'm lucky and only have two-sided. What I do sometimes (if I know I'm gonna have a busy day) is take the old POS, compare it to the new one, and get an idea which titles are gonna be switched to the other side( or X out ones being sent back if a changeout.) If it's a changeout, I pull the ones being sent back first and start from there.

Jeff, I feel for ya. Been there. Ended up just pulling them all out, lining them up in the cart, title side up, and started anew. Work it like a jigsaw puzzle

Bekki
Gold-certified
Undercover Essentials video-certified
Go to Top of Page

BarbaraF
Contributor

Fruita, CO
USA
82 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2009 :  8:05:06 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
For the person that said that their jobs would disappear that they would accept....

I have had several jobs pop up that I called and was assigned. Then, before they were to take place, they would just disappear from the screen. I had it happen twice. The first time I was told that they were perms for another person and that they got re-assigned to them. The second time I was told that the jobs were "cancelled". I later called back and found out they went to the perm person again.

It makes me angry that this happens, as I figure it's first come, first serve. If you don't accept your perm assignment for whatever reason, and it gets posted again, I don't think you should have the right to take it away from another person. But what do I know. I just don't accept those jobs anymore when I see them pop up because I know I can't keep them.

Barbara
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2009 :  8:57:44 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Barbara;
In my case, it was fairly handled. This past week, I saw the assignment offering the task and location that I did the previous visit. It was offered at a slightly lower bonus than the previous visit. I just wanted a tad more than they were offering due to the distance involved for me.
Somebody like you picked it up. Good for them.

I'm not sure of the particulars, but they called me later that same day to ask me to take that location perm. I negotiated a flat rate fair for me that was higher than the current week's bonus. They agreed, but protected the person that picked up the offering of the day. I start it perm at the following scheduled visit.

Jeff Hix
Go to Top of Page

BarbaraF
Contributor

Fruita, CO
USA
82 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2009 :  06:40:26 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Jeff,

I think that was fair. I'm sorry if I seem cross about what happened. I just felt that I was treated unfairly in the process, especially since I took the time to hold for almost 10 minutes on the phone to accept the jobs and then have them taken away. The first time it happened they told me I never was assigned the jobs. When I picked them up a second time, being smarter, I printed out the assignments so I had a hard copy that way they couldn't tell me I had them. Still didn't do me any good.

Barbara
Go to Top of Page

Ellinbeth
Valued Contributor

USA
129 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2009 :  10:34:45 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Did anyone do the iTunes weeks ago? I just saw that I was paid $3 for it. I can't read my writing, but I think I wrote down that it paid $8! $3 is low, even by CMS standards. Does anyone know what happened?

Ellinbeth
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2009 :  05:08:19 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've done some jobs for $4, but not $3. I didn't do the Itunes. I'm not sure IF I would lower myself to $3, unless it was a 5 minute job that I was already in the store at that time. The printing and reporting is worth that much.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2009 :  2:50:38 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Barbara;

Fear not. If you scroll back a page, you will see I have reason to be cross with certain folks that I cannot reach at CMS because talking on the phone is not in their job description.

Jeff Hix
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2009 :  2:15:01 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Okay

I completed two reshuffles today. It wasn't so bad when I got on the scene. It turned out the best way for me was to empty the top row and fill it in. I just worked my way down row by row. I did the other side the same way. Many of the changes were a complete row being moved up or down.

Jeff Hix
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2009 :  4:51:36 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Jeff, since you've done a couple, the rest will be easy. Changeouts are just reshuffles with some titles removed and some new titles put in. After a few times, it will be just like falling off a bike.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2009 :  12:29:51 AM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I SWeAR ... This outfit is going to take some getting used to.

I signed up in plenty of time for them to make timely shipments for two projects. One of them was due by Tuesday (now yesterday). Guess when they shipped the thingamabob. You can't do the job without the thingamabob! yesterday. Now the tracking shows it will be here Thursday (maybe). That shipper usually arrives after curfew for that business. That means the job will be accomplished Friday if I can squeeze it in. That day is booked for family necessities (DR appt) that cannot be changed.
I'm going to burning lots of ink and paper Friday night if they meet the published schedule. I cleaned the board in my area except for one project. Somebody else can have it and do well if they take them all. I don't do "unmentionables".
Oh ... by the way, the other project not due until next week? That package will be here this morning or midday at the latest.

Jeff Hix
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2009 :  03:27:53 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My son also had an assignment due Tues, also has not received as of yet. They sent a message stating not to do til Tues, but come on, At least delay the project because package not shipped.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

BarbaraF
Contributor

Fruita, CO
USA
82 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2009 :  06:21:51 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm waiting to do that same job. Go figure. And Jeff, you should do the "unmentionables". It takes time (and the first job always goes slow) then you get into the swing of things.

Speaking of the "unmentionables", I've been waiting for a package for those since the 1st of September. I, however, just received my one to start the 1st Monday in October. I called and asked if they would release the job early so I could get it done and was told no. What a bummer.

Barbara
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 81 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.36 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums