Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Merchandising & Demo
 Feedback Requested: Certified Marketing Services (CMS) (2)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 81

Millee

Hardwood, MI
USA
39 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2010 :  10:13:43 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hello! Everyone
I was deactivate my account today for some reason,what me mad all of the work I did for them this week. I have only been working year for Certified. I only take work from them just for a little extra money. I just got done doing their stupid $4 audits, and some of the family dollars, with the recalls. I went to do the reports for these jobs, find I was deactivate before I could put in the reports, so I worked for free for them.

So,after reading what Certified does to their good merchandisers, they done needed us. I do work for very good merchandising companies that pay more then they do anyways. My time on the computer and my drive time, they treat very good. Working for Certified was just a little extra money and that is all I used them for. When I find out why I was deactivate, to trying to explain myself for what ever that I did isn't worth it. My word against a some manager or associate. Certified is just not worth my time, what I have readed here, their going listen anyways. I have a hole boxs of Phones cards here that they just send out to before I could do this job for them, now it won't be done, oh wa for them. I have a burn barrow here where these will be going into, no good for nobody else. Where are those marshmallows
Go to Top of Page

BekkiCat
Star Contributor

Charlotte, NC
USA
296 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2010 :  10:43:07 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Millee--I definitely understand your frustration. The communication via e-mail with CMS could stand some improvement. If you don't understand why you were deactivated, call them. If you have done all the work on time that you've been assigned, it's probably something on their end or something you entered didn't work with the submission with a form you entered--it always seems to be something with the data that is misunderstood with the data you enter into their forms that (as far as I've encountered) tends to "deactivate" you. Just call them if you really want to still work for them. Ask them point-blank what it was that you did that caused you to be deactivated. Don't take it personally. I'm like you. I have better pay8ing mdsg. jobs but take their ridiculously low-paying gigs in-between. We are all worth being paid so much more than they give.

Bekki
Gold-certified
Undercover Essentials video-certified
Go to Top of Page

Marjorie Powell
Valued Contributor

New Orleans, LA
USA
111 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2010 :  10:25:28 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Millee....I was wrongly deactivated because they took a manager's word without even asking me; however your deactiviation could have been a computer system glitch. I would call them and ask them why they deactivated you. It seems that when they upgrade their computer system something always happens to the reporting system and problems occur. I can honestly say that I was furious when I was deactivated but now it really doesn't matter. It does still irrite me that they didn't have the courtsey to ask me if this really happened or call some of my other stores to see if they had the same problem. There isn't anymore stress in my life with Certified, the numerous unnecessary phone calls, the accusations, the rudeness of some of their staff and the low paying assignments not to mention then shipments of the telephone cards that were usually thrown away because none of the stores I was assigned to used/displayed them anyway. I guess there is a thing as "a blessing in disguise". Certified is good for fill in jobs and a stepping stone for newer merchandisers but the hassle is just not worth it.

Good luck.
Go to Top of Page

Millee

Hardwood, MI
USA
39 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2010 :  12:10:46 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thank you,BekkiCat-Marjorie Powell,

I called and it was one of reports that put in,for one the stores that I did, I ask if there was some way that I can corrected it. It was a simple number miss on the report. But I was told I can't be reinstated; I was told that I would have wait six month to reapply if I what to come back. Six months is a long time, I do have other companies that I do work for, so I am doing great. I don't think I am going to reapply,to Certified. I just today burned a hole boxs of the phone cards, being deactived the way they did it was unfair. But, the extra money was good, when I you needed it. Thank you for the great reply.
Go to Top of Page

BekkiCat
Star Contributor

Charlotte, NC
USA
296 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2010 :  1:11:18 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Millee--I can not believe that because of a simple error in putting in data would cause deactivation, nor, can I beleive the 6 month period for reactivation! Absurd. Glad you've got other mdsg. companies you're working with.

Bekki
Gold-certified
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2845 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2010 :  1:44:59 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Awhile back, my son was deactivated. No mention of why, but he had done an assignment during the day that he was deactivated. I called and told them that he had work to enter but couldn't due to being deactivated. They re-activated him immediately. Personally I think that whoever told you that you could not be re-activated and had to wait 6 months, was full of mis-information.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

JanJojo
Star Contributor

West Virginia
USA
42759 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2010 :  2:33:58 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
After reading all of these postings about being deactivated,
I am very surprised that I was not deactivated when I went
into a coma and missed doing weeks of scheduled work from
them.Eventually CMS was contacted after I was taken out of
intensive care and put on a regular floor with a telephone
in my room.
I have worked for several years for CMS. I have been called
and questioned about how I have answered certain questions
on my report forms. Luckily one telephone call has been all
that it has taken to resolve any reporting issues.

Janette Johnson
Go to Top of Page

Quinn
Star Contributor

Atlanta, GA
USA
50247 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2010 :  12:31:50 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Could be that they don't have many folks in your area.
Go to Top of Page

BekkiCat
Star Contributor

Charlotte, NC
USA
296 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2010 :  1:54:15 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Wow Janette. And I'm surprised they didn't question that reason. Bet it's the first time they've gotten that one! Hope you're OK now!

Bekki
Gold-certified
Go to Top of Page

Marjorie Powell
Valued Contributor

New Orleans, LA
USA
111 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2010 :  01:31:47 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Millee...they must have changed their procedures about deactivating someone because of an error on a report. I made one or two myself during my tenure with them and they either called me and it was corrected or if I caught it I called and they either corrected it or put the assignment back on my assignment board and I re-entered the report with the correct information. I was not deactivated because of this..I don't know who you spoke with but I also think they gave you some bad information unless they have changed their policy. If they have changed the policy and are now deactivating people for making a typo and not allowing them to re-apply for six months I know I wouldn't want to work for them again.....Unbelievable that they would start doing this because if that is the way they are going to start treating the merchandisers they won't have them for long....
Go to Top of Page

Millee

Hardwood, MI
USA
39 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2010 :  4:30:25 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thank you, Marjorie Powell
I will called them again in hope to talk someone else, about the mistake, if I can't be restated,to do merchandising for them. There is still MarketForce, I am still able to do their mystery shopping, and it is paying more then they're merchandising. Have you checked I am planning on taking some of the those. There MC Donalds mistery shopping up here in my area. All have to do is take one of their tests and if you pass, you can do the shopping. Thank you so much, Marjorie, maybe they have made a mistake on they're side, but all I can do is call them see into the problem.
Go to Top of Page

Gayle R
Star Contributor

Eastern Shore, VA
USA
1396 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2010 :  8:16:58 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
When you call, if they still refuse to re-instate you ask them if you will get paid for the work you just did. They should at least do that.

Gayle
Go to Top of Page

Marjorie Powell
Valued Contributor

New Orleans, LA
USA
111 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2010 :  12:38:06 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Millee....I don't do mystery shops anymore and have finally gotten into a position where I really don't have to work to meet expenses. I have a good retirement from city government and use my merchandising income for play money.....LOL..I keep 3 companies tht I do work for on a monthly basis and that's about it....Good luck in your endevors. Marjorie

Go to Top of Page

TeresaCarver

Broxton, GA
USA
12 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2010 :  6:17:04 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I think Certified gets a big kick out of making us put zeros in 300 blanks..........
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2010 :  6:41:20 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My thoughts too sometimes!
Go to Top of Page

JonK
Contributor

AL
USA
87 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2010 :  8:06:37 PM  Visit JonK's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I generally try to see the positive side of things but I have convinced myself that the principles at Certified really are trying to run the company into the ground. Maybe when Marketforce bought them, they kept existing management in place but those managers just don't care anymore. They got their parachute when the deal closed.

Does anyone else feel this way? Don't get me wrong, there's one project I do for them every month that I really enjoy. It's a recurring project and I was able to negotiate higher fees for several of the stores I go to. It's all the other "crap" that I take from them trying to stay busy all month long that frustrates me.

Here's what irks me the most about Certified:
1) Most of the staff you talk with on the phone are downright rude or just not very bright. I've had plenty of occasions when I would call them with a genuine issue and the employee will get short with me or say something like "What do you need?" Just a little adjustment in the attitude, such as "How may I help you?" would make all the difference. I get the sense they don't have enough employees and those they have are simply overwhelmed and stressed.
2) They routinely pay below minimum wage. I got a call from someone there last week who wanted me to travel 18 miles each way (36 miles total) to blow up some balloons. The job paid $8.00 and was supposed to take one hour. I'm not afraid to ask about additional compensation, but the agent told me they weren't offering any at the time.
3) Most recurring projects have high turnover. I've picked up many a job that pays a set fee based on 60 minutes of work and when I get to the site, it is obvious it hasn't been merchandised for 3-4 months. I end up having to do everything that should have been done during those missed visits but do not get compensated for it.
4) Several times I have been offered additional compensation (not much...we're talking a "Huge" bonus of $2-$4 usually) but when I get paid, the bonus isn't there. I will submit an issue, and all but once I ended up getting the bonus on a future check, but some issues took 60 days before I heard back from them and received the bonus pay.
5) More than once I've received a message that they experienced a problem with their data entry screens and I have been asked to re-enter the report. Other times, as has been mentioned on here, I am just frustrated by how time consuming the forms are.
6) Finally, many of the jobs are misleading on the effort required. Even those that are straightforward generally have 45 pages of instructions. I am paid $8 to do an hour of work, but must spend 2 hours reading the instructions, and use a ton of ink and paper to print out the necessary paperwork.

Before I left the corporate world, I was at a small company that was named one of the best companies to work for in America. I learned that the most successful companies are built by employees who are treated well. Sure, I'm an IC here, not an employee, but I am flabbergasted by the way the company seems to just not care about its people. What makes it even stranger is how different Certified is from Marketforce. I LOVE working for Marketforce and their schedulers are awesome. But I've learned when I see the "518" area code on my cell phone to be prepared for a real laugh.

Jon
Shopping all of Alabama, Mississippi, Florida panhandle, most of Tennessee, western Georgia and anywhere else where there's opportunity!
Go to Top of Page

LisaOV
Star Contributor

MN
USA
2659 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2010 :  10:31:42 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I can not begin to the tell you how nice its been since I stopped working for CMS. Yes, at some point I plan to take work with them again - nothing permanent - and nothing too time consuming, but not being called 20 times a week has been great. I loved the work, was great at it, had very good communication with my stores - it was CMS that was driving me insane.

I have been with them a long time - I believe 14 years now and back in the day they use to be the nicest company out there. They paid well above the norm and I loved my scheduler (he and I are still friends). They seemed well organized and well run. I'm not sure when or why this changed but it certainly has.

Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2845 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2010 :  5:32:56 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Everytime that I'm called, each person has made the effort to thank me for all of the work that I've done. This is usually just before they ask me to do a job that evidently nobody else wants to do. It's nice to hear, but I know there's something that they want done.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Jonathan B.
Star Contributor

Smyrna, Tennessee
USA
469 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2010 :  10:55:30 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was usually thanked when I was called. However, the schedulers that call are not usually the same people that answer when one calls them. From my experience, the people that answer at the "help desk" when you call are not very people-oriented. . .and for a select few, that is putting it nicely.

But I don't miss not working for them and actually make more money now, with much, much less stress and less miles driven on my car. I only do mystery shopping and auditing now and am liking my job again.

Adding to the list of pet peeves that was posted earlier: does anyone else notice, that we are expected to never make mistakes, but the messages posted to the messageboard and often paperwork is constantly full of spelling/grammar errors! Maybe I'm just OCD, but that may be the part that I miss the least.

Jonathan B.
Go to Top of Page

LisaOV
Star Contributor

MN
USA
2659 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2010 :  03:36:27 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yes, I agree that when I'm called for work that needs to be done, the people calling are very nice, especially for the theater audits. It's the help desk that is not helpful. Or even personable. Or in some cases questionably sober.

I don't know where they found their help desk people, but ...well honestly I can't think of anything to even compare it to.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 81 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.38 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums