Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Merchandising & Demo
 Feedback Requested: Certified Marketing Services (CMS) (2)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 81

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2848 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2010 :  04:35:09 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I don't call the help desk, I usually don't get thru and if I do, nobody knows what I'm talking about or how to fix it. So I do my best, and if it's not perfect, they can fire me. I do always make sure that the store is happy, tho. I have many years in retail and grew up in a retail environment, so I look at things thru the eyes of a retail person plus a consumer. I've never had a complaint, lucky for me I guess.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

JonK
Contributor

AL
USA
87 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2010 :  07:55:10 AM  Visit JonK's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Reading through these comments after my post, I thought about those calls and definitely need to clarify. You guys hit the mark when you said it's the help desk that is so rude and not the schedulers. Generally, when I am called, the schedulers are friendly. Whether they are terribly helpful is another issue altogether - if they are calling me for a job that only pays $8, it better be within 5 miles of my house or they should be prepared to offer me incentive pay. Unfortunately this is rarely the case.

I've actually been scolded by the help desk before for not dialing directly to a scheduler when I am asking about a potential assignment. Rather than politely remind me how to get to a scheduler, they take the opportunity to scold me on taking up their time with something they can't assist me with. Just last week, I called regarding an issue on their side. I was specifically told by the first help desk person that I should call back the next day and ask for the project supervisor (this was an issue entirely on their side where they were having trouble mailing a package to me). When I called the next day to ask for the project supervisor, the help desk person challenged me and said they would never tell someone they could call in and talk to a supervisor. Then they looked up my account, read the notes, and transferred me to the supervisor. Did they apologize for their initial tone with me? Of course not!

Jon
Shopping all of Alabama, Mississippi, Florida panhandle, most of Tennessee, western Georgia and anywhere else where there's opportunity!
Go to Top of Page

MarkFL
Valued Contributor

FL
USA
153 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2010 :  5:09:54 PM  Visit MarkFL's Homepage  Send MarkFL an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
These new weekly video rental machines are so frustrating, I am getting ready to pull out what little hair I have left.
The instructions say you can not visit until tracking is listed on your portal. The same day I get an email,that they must be done on Thursday (The original agreement).
I explain to their staff, once I leave Thursday mornings for my work, I am gone for the day with other assignments, and when I return home I am not going back out. I tell her if they are not on my portal (they are perm assignments), when I leave on Thursday mornings, I can't do them.
After asking about what can happen if I want to pull myself away from these, I am told I could be deactivated or nothing. It depends on my history. The way I understood it was that they include your current to do jobs and future listed work as all cancelled.
Before being hung up on, I asked what other alternatives I had. She told me to call the stores as a last resort. When I called the store, the manager was not happy about looking for the packages.
She compared it to Redbox. She said, the machine is outside, the inventory is not under her control, she doesn't verify the contents, and doesn't want to field weekly calls on a package she is holding. She then asked if I wanted a Redbox movie, would I call Walmart to see if the machine in the front had it in stock?
Is there anyone else doing this project, that may have some helpful tips? Have you actually received a service disk? Do they load any quicker using that method?

Mark
MSPA Gold Shopper and Professional Merchandiser.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2848 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2010 :  05:11:06 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
what machines are you servicing? I have Blockbuster Express that has to be done by Fri midnight. These are for another company. They also state that I MUST have confirmed PODs before servicing. Can you check online somewhere else before you go home? If you have a laptop with wireless, you can park in front of Staples and other places with free wireless, and check for free.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Sandi G
Star Contributor

Tallahassee, FL
USA
918 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2010 :  03:15:45 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
maybe the service provider varies by region. here, it must be done on Thurs only, no "until Friday night" option.

--Sandi
traditional & video shopping FL and GA
Go to Top of Page

Lucinda

Baltimore, MD
USA
11 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2010 :  12:10:12 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Did you see that a audit that paid $4.00 last year is now paying $3.00 I guess I won't be taking them anymore. I used to take the ones that were in the same 2 mile area. That was the only way to get anything out of it.

Lucinda
Go to Top of Page

DarleneH
Star Contributor

Cleveland, OH
USA
1325 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2010 :  2:38:33 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Did anyone else get assignments to send back the lighters yesterday that have disappeared today?
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2010 :  3:13:43 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Noticed that. Today when I logged in there was a question about my lighters, and later another saying to disregard if I had no lighters left. Sent all mine back as instructed early in the program.
Maybe now you all can lay this shop to rest!
Go to Top of Page

BekkiCat
Star Contributor

Charlotte, NC
USA
296 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2010 :  7:25:38 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have reached the end of my rope and believe me, I have a long noose. I spoke with one particular very nice person with the company who understood the problem with this project. The company does not want pctures taken in their stores. I don't blame them. I was asked to leave on of the stores, prompted to leave the other store (embarrassing because I shop regularly in these stores.) So, I get back with phone person #1, explain the problems. She was empathetic, and, told me I would be paid regardless. Well, today, after a ridiculously underpaid 5-shopper for another MS company, I get home and, guess what . . . I have a message from a different CMS person telling me that neither photos from my shops "have been approved." Left three messages to explain the circumstances (never got in touch with the "real" person who left the message. Wrote an e-mail to explain. Guarantee I will get a message in the morning. Sorry. Will not go back. It's way too embarrassing and I understand the reasons the grocery chain does not want pictures taken inside their stores. Tried to explain this potential problem on the freebie "training phone call" but was diregarded. I am over this and gave CMS the right to "let me go." I am just so

Bekki
Gold-certified
Undercover Essentials video-certified
Go to Top of Page

AndreaSarrah
Contributor

Alexandria, VA
USA
69 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2010 :  8:02:51 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I emailed them about the disappearing lighter info. They said that they were "reevaluating" and that if you have an "incomplete" shop that the instructions will reappear soon.

AndreaSarrah
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2848 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2010 :  2:14:26 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
After over 2 years of working for Certified, I was deactivated. I got home this afternoon and tried to sign on, but couldn't. I tried to call, but nobody was in the office that would answer the phone. I DO NOT know why, but I was considering quitting. It's just the idea of doing all these jobs, and even receiving POP for a job for next week, and with NO notice get deactivated. I'm UPSET.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

BekkiCat
Star Contributor

Charlotte, NC
USA
296 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2010 :  3:17:12 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Marla--that is so discouraging. I do not understand this company and don't think I ever will. Don't think I am going to get paid for the ones that I was kicked out of the store for taking pictures. Probably spent half of what I was going to be paid for in gas. Makes me feel like .

Bekki
Gold-certified
Go to Top of Page

BekkiCat
Star Contributor

Charlotte, NC
USA
296 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2010 :  3:19:14 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Marla--that is so discouraging. I do not understand this company and don't think I ever will. Don't think I am going to get paid for the ones that I was kicked out of the store for taking pictures. Probably spent half of what I was going to be paid for in gas. Makes me feel like .

Bekki
Gold-certified
Go to Top of Page

Big Sue
Star Contributor

USA
787 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2010 :  5:45:52 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MarlaB

After over 2 years of working for Certified, I was deactivated. I got home this afternoon and tried to sign on, but couldn't. I tried to call, but nobody was in the office that would answer the phone. I DO NOT know why, but I was considering quitting. It's just the idea of doing all these jobs, and even receiving POP for a job for next week, and with NO notice get deactivated. I'm UPSET.

Hey Marla, I am sorry. That makes what now....12 of us on here??? Big club huh? I was really ticked off when it happened to me, but really in the end who wants to work for a company like this that pays so little, has so many issues all the time and treats their reps like crap. I look at it now like they did me a big favor. Things are picking up a bit here and there and I really hope you find something very soon. Hang in there. Remember, it's them and not us.
Go to Top of Page

BekkiCat
Star Contributor

Charlotte, NC
USA
296 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2010 :  8:32:59 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Good to hear it's picking up Big Sue. Marla--hang in there. For some weird reason, when it seems like everything is falling apart (as usual I get a good gig going on down the line. I can't say for sure this will always happen, but, lately, I JUST NEED THE WORK! And the pay for the work CMS offers just makes me not want to wake up knowing I am doing my darndest (nicest word I can put on this board for how I feel about this situation and I am sure I did not spell it correctly) just to hang in there these days.

Yes, Big Sue, seems like there is only a handful of us left. Cripes!

Bekki
Gold-certified
Go to Top of Page

Liz Rand
Apprentice

Phoenix, Arizona
USA
2 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2010 :  9:05:47 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Certified deactivated me because I sent an email asking how they wanted me to submit info on my sunglass restock since there was still no form on line. Should have been simple for them to type an email saying who to scan and send the form to. Instead they tried calling me "all day long". I have my phone off when I am working. Since I did not answer I got deactvated for not answering the phone. Lost all of my permanent assignments. Lost the three lighter assignments that I have never been paid on. And lets not even mention the constant cancellation of shops you have accepted and scheduled time for or the ones posted with no info except to "check back later". When do we get to deactivate them? And how about how long it takes to get a call through on Fridays. Thanks for letting me vent. Fortunately I also shop for great companies that have their act together and none of these issues.

Liz Rand
Go to Top of Page

BrianHanson37
Valued Contributor

USA
122 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2010 :  10:36:26 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I had a man call me for a past due stickering project. He said it paid $8 an hour. I would have done that if it was in my hometown (I did), but he expected me to drive 50 miles each way to do the assignment. He said he could not pay a bonus. I pulled out my calculator and figured 100 mi/15 mpg= 6.666 * 2.94 = $19.60 in gas to do the job.

Wish they would do this math before calling me!
Go to Top of Page

Marjorie Powell
Valued Contributor

New Orleans, LA
USA
111 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2010 :  12:16:58 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Marla, I am sorry that you were deactivated. It seems like they are deactivating everyone lately and especially the people who have been slaving for the small amount of money they pay for a long time. I'm with you....they did me a favor when they deactivated me. I was also upset about it when it first happened because I was accused of something that I didn't do. They didn't even have the nerve to call and inquire as to what if anything really happened. The more I thought about it and and once I calmed down I actually thought to call them and thank them for doing me the favor. I was deactivated in October and them still have the nerve to call me every once in awhile and ask me to do assignments...go figure. I still do assignments in some of the stores that I did when I was doing assignments for CMS and have been told by the managers and store personnel that they didn't even have anyone for at least two months after I left. I was also told that my replacement did a lousy job if they even showed up....I do know that some of they lost some of the DVD locations so who knows what is going on. I can honestly say that I'm so much better off now with more time for myself, less stress and not having to spent an outrageous amount of money for paper and ink to print their large amount of instructions, plan-o-grams, report forms, etc.not to mention better fees from other companies that I picked up. Good Luck in future assignments.
Go to Top of Page

Marjorie Powell
Valued Contributor

New Orleans, LA
USA
111 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2010 :  12:20:21 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Marla, I am sorry that you were deactivated. It seems like they are deactivating everyone lately and especially the people who have been slaving for the small amount of money they pay for a long time. I'm with you....they did me a favor when they deactivated me. I was also upset about it when it first happened because I was accused of something that I didn't do. They didn't even have the nerve to call and inquire as to what if anything really happened. The more I thought about it and and once I calmed down I actually thought to call them and thank them for doing me the favor. I was deactivated in October and them still have the nerve to call me every once in awhile and ask me to do assignments...go figure. I still do assignments in some of the stores that I did when I was doing assignments for CMS and have been told by the managers and store personnel that they didn't even have anyone for at least two months after I left. I was also told that my replacement did a lousy job if they even showed up....I do know that they lost some of the DVD locations so who knows what is going on. I can honestly say that I'm so much better off now with more time for myself, less stress and not having to spent an outrageous amount of money for paper and ink to print their large amount of instructions, plan-o-grams, report forms, etc.not to mention better fees from other companies that I picked up. Good Luck in future assignments.
Go to Top of Page

Marjorie Powell
Valued Contributor

New Orleans, LA
USA
111 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2010 :  12:22:37 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Marla, I am sorry that you were deactivated. It seems like they are deactivating everyone lately and especially the people who have been slaving for the small amount of money they pay for a long time. I'm with you....they did me a favor when they deactivated me. I was also upset about it when it first happened because I was accused of something that I didn't do. They didn't even have the nerve to call and inquire as to what if anything really happened. The more I thought about it and and once I calmed down I actually thought to call them and thank them for doing me the favor. I was deactivated in October and them still have the nerve to call me every once in awhile and ask me to do assignments...go figure. I still do assignments in some of the stores that I did when I was doing assignments for CMS and have been told by the managers and store personnel that they didn't even have anyone for at least two months after I left. I was also told that my replacement did a lousy job if they even showed up....I do know that they lost some of the DVD locations so who knows what is going on. I can honestly say that I'm so much better off now with more time for myself, less stress and not having to spent an outrageous amount of money for paper and ink to print their large amount of instructions, plan-o-grams, report forms, etc.not to mention better fees from other companies that I picked up. Good Luck in future assignments.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 81 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums