Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Merchandising & Demo
 Feedback Requested: Certified Marketing Services (CMS) (2)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 81

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2848 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2010 :  11:35:53 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've calmed down, but am still interested in finding out WHY I was deactivated so that I can correct the problem.

I won't be recommending Certified/MarketForce to anyone after this situation.

I work for some other companies that are really good, Certified's work was just 'extras'. I won't miss the $50/month from them, I'll find other and better work.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Millee

Hardwood, MI
USA
39 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2010 :  4:56:58 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hello! Marla,

Welcome to the deactivated club, I was deactivated a few week ago, for no reason too. But, after being deactivated, three companies called me and I was hired. Making more money with these companies, to me it was a blessing...who needed the a company that let's go great merchandiser anyways. I am sorry that you got deactivated, I hope you will find out why they did it. Like said, welcome to the deactivated club. Millee
Go to Top of Page

Marjorie Powell
Valued Contributor

New Orleans, LA
USA
111 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2010 :  02:52:24 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Marla, Good luck in finding out why they deactivated you. I tried to find out also and all they would tell me is that one of the managers of the 19 FD stores that I did said that I was rude to her. That's so funny because I had been doing the same 19 stores for over 3 years and never had anyone say I was rude or didn't do my job correctly. If I was rude or disrespectful then I couldn't understand why it wasn't reported before now. I had other companys that I worked for but used Certified as a main company because I had over 30 stores a month that were visited 2 times a month. It just goes to show how much they appreciate good merchandisers who are dependable, honest, loyal work for less than other companys pay but work like dogs for them. I'm like Mille...I will never recommend Certified to anyone looking for merchandising work. Good luck in finding out why you were deactivated.
Go to Top of Page

Jonathan B.
Star Contributor

Smyrna, Tennessee
USA
469 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2010 :  02:18:47 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm sorry about your deactivation, Marla. Seems like they want to loose the good people they have. I'm glad I jumped ship when I did. I'm sure you'll find something else to take the place of the lost income, and with much less stress too! Give it a week or two, and you'll be glad you're done with them.

Jonathan B.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2848 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2010 :  03:53:26 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I found out why I was deactivated. Evidently I reported that 1 store was closed when it was actually another store. I had 3 RAC jobs ($3 each), I reported 2 stores open and 1 closed in that location. They are saying that I reported the closed location as a open location and when they called the store said they were open. All over a $3 job.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

MarkFL
Valued Contributor

FL
USA
153 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2010 :  5:02:58 PM  Visit MarkFL's Homepage  Send MarkFL an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Here is a great Certified story. I get a phone call from a very friendly scheduler named Sherry back in mid April. She says she noticed I had a lot of permanent accounts on file and asked if I wanted some more. She offers me a handful more of the map project and 5 of the video rental boxes. After hearing about the horrible initial pay, I said no. Then after talking more and offering so many other permanent assignments, I took them all. 3 of the locations still did not have the machines, but they assured me they would let me know well in advanced when they would arrive, so I can go add the initial "15-60" DVD's.
In the meantime (April 25), I get a call from someone else at Certfied, and I am told they have another urgent visit at another location that just receieved a machine. Afterwards I discover, yep still no machine. After calling, I am told to hang tight and they will let me know when it arrives.
My other locations receive their machines and I get to the locations and it is not the "15-60", but 105-108 per location. I call and they say they are sorry, I have should have been told about the amount. I then asked about the pay rate. I tell them installing the movies the back way, just like a return, takes a lot longer than the pay rated time the report states. These machines can be very slow. You return one, and it will not accept another till each one is processed. There is an option of loading them with a service disk, but I don't know if that is any quicker since I never received one. I was then told they can't offer bonus money, but it might offer hourly pay. They would let me know, which they never did.
Fast forward more than two weeks. Every time I received a phone call for CMS, I asked about the arrival of the "urgent" machine. They said they would let me know. I plan a overnight trip to Disney with my wife and daughter to Disney World, which is about an hour away from home. Yep, you guessed it, they call me yesterday afternoon and say I need to get to the "urgent" location (from 3 weeks ago, that I kept asking about) and stock the initial shipment of the 105 DVD's. The rudest and most unfriendly person I have ever dealt with. I tell her, it is not possible I am planning to leave for Disney. She asks her far Disney is. I tell her about an hour. She tells me I need to turn around and get it done.And she said, I never told them I was leaving. At this point, I am getting upset with her attitude and ask if I should call them every time I go bowling or visit family about 2 hours away. She didn't respond, I then state as far as I was concerned my "contract with them is to service Sony on Monday or Tuesdays and the video machines on Thursdays. I told her I am willing to do the initial shipments, but the no notice is not reasonable. I am told to get it done now or I will either be deactivated or all the video machines will be removed with a note on my account. I told her to do what she had to do. I was not about to put my life on hold for over 3 weeks, just waiting on this machine (not to mention the under $10 pay).
As of this morning, I still have an account, but all the video accounts have been removed from my assignments. I have a sneaking suspicion, after this post it will be no longer active.
I don't get it. 6 years of service,and they don't care.

Mark
MSPA Gold Shopper and Professional Merchandiser.
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2010 :  7:52:28 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sorry to hear this Mark. Just another account of certain schedulers running rough shod over the merchandisers.

Not all the schedulers do this. I think it is just a few (probably with seniority and burnt out on their job!), because most of the ones I work - and I talk with them daily - respond with kindness, to kindness received.

Mark, did you happen to get her name? Is her number still in your caller ID? Would really be worth it to all of us if you could call and report this incident, just as you posted it here, to someone of higher authority at CMS.

I know you probably would rather just forget them and move on, but as long as these certain few schedulers keep at this stuff, all the other merchandisers will continue to suffer.

Best of luck to you.
Go to Top of Page

BekkiCat
Star Contributor

Charlotte, NC
USA
296 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2010 :  8:21:16 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
This is really starting to irk me that so many Certified "old-timers" are, lately, getting deactivated. You can't tell me that there is a new rush in people wanting to take on $4 gigs!!

Bekki
Gold-certified
Undercover Essentials video-certified
Go to Top of Page

Sandi G
Star Contributor

Tallahassee, FL
USA
918 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2010 :  04:01:17 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Turn around from your vacation and go home to load DVDs that you didn't know were coming? Wow. I would really like to know if a supervisor has any more sense and reasonableness. The growing number of these type of stories makes me wonder I should just quit now before one of these stories happens to me. I don't do nearly as much work for them as some of you do, but this type of situation is ridiculous.

--Sandi
traditional & video shopping FL and GA
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2848 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2010 :  04:51:18 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was deactivated last week, and over the last week I have received 1 call from a scheduler, which had to pass me over to the 'help' (helpless) desk. Then to find out that only a supervisor could 'help' me, of course, he wasn't there. Between he and I, we have played telephone tag for the last 2 days several times. I will give him the benefit that he doesn't keep trying to contact me, but when he calls I'm usually either out of the area or can't catch the phone (during work). He's trying, to do what I don't know what.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

JaniceA N TN

Greeneville, TN
USA
20 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2010 :  05:21:52 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am doing my first job with CMS tomorrow. I have a question. Before I accepted the job they sent a message for a bonus. It went from $8 to $12. Is the $12 for the first hour or each hour? Just curious as to how that works.

Janice
Go to Top of Page

DavidCar
Valued Contributor

Charlotte, North Carolina
USA
114 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2010 :  2:52:45 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It is only for the first hour. Its only a dream if its every hour.
Go to Top of Page

DavidCar
Valued Contributor

Charlotte, North Carolina
USA
114 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2010 :  2:54:48 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It is only for the first hour. Its only a dream if its every hour.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2848 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2010 :  3:33:04 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
If you take the job, be sure to save that email. Sometimes you will need to 'remind' them about the bonus.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

JaniceA N TN

Greeneville, TN
USA
20 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2010 :  4:22:01 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the information. I did accept it and I still have the email about the bonus.

Can I ask another question? There are some jobs that I am thinking of taking. If it says that visits may be conducted anytime during normal store hours, then I could do them early evening since the store doesn't close until midnight right? Reason I am asking is that I would like to be able to do them once my husband gets home. This week is the last week of school for my boys and I wouldn't be able to do them during the day. Thanks again for all your help.

Janice
Go to Top of Page

Meli
Valued Contributor

Houston, Texas
USA
129 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2010 :  11:12:22 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Janice, if it's the grocery stores then yes, you can conduct them any time the store is open.

Meli
Go to Top of Page

JaniceA N TN

Greeneville, TN
USA
20 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2010 :  1:04:34 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It is for grocery stores. Thanks for the info Meli. I did my TF/Net 10 reset today. I think I did pretty good since this is the first reset I have done (well at least in many years, I have been a sahm for the last 7 years and worked at a major retail store 10 years ago.) It did take me longer than I wanted and longer than what it had said the job would take. It said 3-4 hours, it took me 5 hours. I know it will get easier as I go. I did enjoy doing the job.

Janice
Go to Top of Page

.AnnieWulf
Inactive

USA
70 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2010 :  8:05:48 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
YIKES, has anyone seen the new POG diagram for the grocery store movies? Print is teeny weeny!

Annie
Go to Top of Page

Marjorie Powell
Valued Contributor

New Orleans, LA
USA
111 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2010 :  11:38:10 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
BekkiCat...I agree...they are deactivating lots of the merchandisers who have slaved for years for the amount of money they pay for assignments. It amazes me that they would deactivate people who have worked for them for years, have done a great job, have been loyal, trustworthy and really gone out of their way for the company. Just goes to show how much we were appreciated.
Go to Top of Page

JaniceA N TN

Greeneville, TN
USA
20 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2010 :  07:03:31 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Can the movie kiosk job be done in the evenings or is there usually a set time? The overview only states that it must be done every Thursday each week and that it is an ongoing basis project which I think would be great. Just want to know if there is a certain time that it has to be done. 2 days left and my boys will be out of school for the summer.

Janice
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 81 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.33 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums