Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Merchandising & Demo
 Feedback Requested: Certified Marketing Services (CMS) (2)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 81

Sandi G
Star Contributor

Tallahassee, FL
USA
918 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2010 :  09:36:39 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The movie kiosks are any time they are open. (You should edit your post to remove the client name.)

--Sandi
traditional & video shopping FL and GA
Go to Top of Page

JaniceA N TN

Greeneville, TN
USA
20 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2010 :  10:13:20 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thank you for the information (also on editing my post). So most jobs can be done during any store hours unless they are posted as having to be done in a certain hour range such as 10am-5pm. Sorry if I am being a bother, just there were more jobs posted that I would like to do if I am able to do them in the evenings. Like the balloon one. Hoping to have a few jobs I can do in the evenings during the summer then I hope to get more jobs that can be done during the day once school starts back up.

Janice
Go to Top of Page

MarkFL
Valued Contributor

FL
USA
153 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2010 :  12:53:16 PM  Visit MarkFL's Homepage  Send MarkFL an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MarkFL

I am told to get it done now or I will either be deactivated or all the video machines will be removed with a note on my account. I told her to do what she had to do. I was not about to put my life on hold for over 3 weeks, just waiting on this machine (not to mention the under $10 pay).
As of this morning, I still have an account, but all the video accounts have been removed from my assignments. I have a sneaking suspicion, after this post it will be no longer active.
I don't get it. 6 years of service,and they don't care.

And more to the story. I am not sure to be happy or just put my arms in air and wave like I don't care.
All the video assignments are back on my page under current and permanent assignments.

Mark
MSPA Gold Shopper and Professional Merchandiser.
Go to Top of Page

Shel
Star Contributor

MI
USA
474 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2010 :  1:46:31 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Janice, A thought for evening service. I used to service kiosks and found that a lot of customers rent in the evenings.
Go to Top of Page

JamesA
Apprentice

Syracuse, NY
USA
2 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2010 :  1:26:49 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hey all,

Has anyone else done the map resets in Borders? I did one store and it took me 6 hours! I've got another one to do still and wonder if anyone has tips to getting it done quicker. It did look a lot better once I was done, but it's not even worth the extra pay to spend all day in the store.

-Jim
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2848 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2010 :  1:44:35 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have serviced the maps in Borders before and they took FOREVER. I don't have any tips to make it easier. My map jobs were American Map, not RandMcNally. American Map did not send a POG, while every RM map job that I've done had a POG.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Minerva

AZ
USA
45 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2010 :  7:02:32 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I serviced the maps at the bookstore for awhile and they always took a long time. I always had to call and ask for more time. That should've been a sign to avoid anything more with the maps. But I took a reset job and that took longer than forever. And asking for more time was a waste. I wasn't paid for all my time either.

So after that, I gave up the maps job altogether. Now, everytime I'm in there, they always ask me when I'm coming back to do the maps. It doesn't look like anybody's been in there to service them since I quit doing it.

Minerva
Southern Arizona
Go to Top of Page

TerryCorsello
Contributor

Rochester Hills, Mi
USA
81 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2010 :  03:09:21 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
What is going on with their website? All week every time I look for shops I get tons of runtime errors! They all say- server error- time out exception.

Silver Certified in Rochester Hills, Mi... I Love audits!! Send me more!
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2848 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2010 :  04:57:19 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It's not just the maps that take so long at that chain, other work take longer than expected. I don't know why.

I've had alot of timing out on several websites in the last few days, not just Certified.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

TerryCorsello
Contributor

Rochester Hills, Mi
USA
81 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2010 :  12:47:22 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Ugh!! Now all the trailer checks have canceled again. I had both big summer openers in the last three weeks, at a theater where I would have had five screens for each one. I always keep my Fridays clear for them, but now I'm just losing money! I know it's the clients that cancel the checks but wow! This is depressing.

Silver Certified in Rochester Hills, Mi... I Love audits!! Send me more!
Go to Top of Page

DavidCar
Valued Contributor

Charlotte, North Carolina
USA
114 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2010 :  02:52:02 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TerryCorsello

What is going on with their website? All week every time I look for shops I get tons of runtime errors! They all say- server error- time out exception.

Use IE to see if you still have issues. I recently experienced issues where Firefox would not access certain links under assignments but IE had no problem with the links.
Go to Top of Page

Bridget Claire

IL
USA
34 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2010 :  2:39:24 PM  Visit Bridget Claire's Homepage  Send Bridget Claire an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Anyone else unable to enter their reports for the prepaid phone and card job from this week? Last night, the data screens weren't up. Now they're up, but I get errors when I click submit. Both in Firefox and in IE.
Go to Top of Page

Minerva

AZ
USA
45 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2010 :  07:55:00 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Whenever I have problems on their website using IE or Firefox, I try Google Chrome. It always seems to work for me.

Minerva
Southern Arizona
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2010 :  12:04:55 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MarkFL
There is an option of loading them with a service disk, but I don't know if that is any quicker since I never received one.
As a merchandiser who has a service DVD disk from another servicing company, I can assure you the service disk does next to nothing to speed up the process. The disk does have value for certain weekly servicing tasks. Loading is not one of them. I often joke with customers they lube these things with molasses.
Weekly DVD loader counts have been going up. One of the two weekly shipments have been very irregular.
Go to Top of Page

Bridget Claire

IL
USA
34 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2010 :  2:22:22 PM  Visit Bridget Claire's Homepage  Send Bridget Claire an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I finally got the reports in. Honestly, I think they were changing the data screens as I was trying to debrief. Some of the questions on the report were different the second time I logged in.
Go to Top of Page

Sandi G
Star Contributor

Tallahassee, FL
USA
918 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2010 :  6:33:37 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Does anyone else think the "your paperwork is ready to download" message for the movie kiosks is rude? The last two Wednesdays, I've had roadtrip routes of shops where I leave my house by 7:30am and don't get home until late. The paperwork has not been ready for download before I leave for either time. By the time I get home, I've got an email titled "Wake Up!!!" and a phone message telling me I'm tardy in downloading the paperwork and updating my status. Three exclamation points and a phone call by 4pm? It's starting to make me mad.

--Sandi
traditional & video shopping FL and GA
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2010 :  7:00:45 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am convinced that their attitude toward their merchandisers/shoppers in respect to the nag calls is:

"If they want the work they will put up with it."

Got an "overdue" recorded phone call today, so I responded. Learned that they cannot limit the nag calls due to circumstances/individual situations, and their system pays no attention to status that has been recently updated.

Guess we just have to live with them.
Go to Top of Page

Marjorie Powell
Valued Contributor

New Orleans, LA
USA
111 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2010 :  9:33:30 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Dar-L, When I worked for them and asked about this I was told that the messages automatically went out and they could not be changed. It would seem that if the company was organized that they would have a way to exclude all persons who have updated their visit dates or got extentions due to not receiving paperwork, materials needed for the job or other circumstances....Just another example of their disorganization.

I agree with the comment "If they want the work they will put up with it"....some of them treat their merchandisers horrible. It seems like most of the time when you need to call you never get the person that really is nice and cares about the merchandiser.
Go to Top of Page

JaniceA N TN

Greeneville, TN
USA
20 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2010 :  3:26:52 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did an assignment on the 17th. I had problems when it came to uploading pictures. I contacted them and they told me to email them to them. I did that. I just checked my page and it was showing that job as outstanding. I redid the report and was able to upload the pictures. Was this the correct thing to do? Will this delay when I get paid? How long does it normally take for the direct deposit approval? Also how long does it take for payments? Sorry for all the questions but this was my first assignment. Thanks!

Janice
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2848 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2010 :  4:37:58 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
For your first pay, it will take about 6 weeks.

Marla
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 81 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums