Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Merchandising & Demo
 Feedback Requested: Certified Marketing Services (CMS) (2)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 81

DavidCar
Valued Contributor

Charlotte, North Carolina
USA
114 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2010 :  11:07:20 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ellinbeth

For the DVD job---my four grocery stores are all losing the 18 power wings! This isn't a good sign, is it?

Its not a good sign. Another "win" for the Red Box
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2010 :  4:07:33 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Printing and reading thru the 6/28 Dol movie visits paperwork just now.

In the Merchandising Update page we are supposed to print and discuss with managers, middle of the page, bullet 6 says:

"Stores will only be visited for changeout visits...."

Does this mean no more weekly's or bi-weekly's?
Go to Top of Page

BrianInGA
Valued Contributor

Columbus, GA
USA
148 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2010 :  4:56:14 PM  Send BrianInGA an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
That's what it looks like...no mention of how often the 'changeout' visits will occur. Should be interesting.

Brian
MSPA Silver Certified - Contact me for your shopping and merchandising needs in Columbus, GA and Phenix City, AL
Go to Top of Page

BrianHanson37
Valued Contributor

USA
122 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2010 :  12:03:07 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Add me to the deactivated list! Had a permanent Menards location for Sony and told them I didn't want to do it anymore because I wasn't getting the time I was promised and was barely breaking even to drive there and back. They offered me no bonus and told me that I accepted the assignment and I would do it until the store canceled or until I quit. At that point I wasn't in the best mood and told them to F off I choose which jobs I do and don't do.
I have always ignored any 518 call I got to my cell, usually they wanted me to drive over an hour for an $8 job. Guess one of the supervisors called to let me know I have been deactivated.
Quite frankly, I am glad this happened! I always would do a job here and there if I would be at that store anyways, but in the 3 years I did work for them, rates either stayed the same or dropped, yet I still could never terminate my account. I would simply decline it if it wasn't worth it, but the last 6 months were getting worse as far as phone calls for low paying jobs an hour or more away. Thank goodness I am done with them, now I can concentrate on my REAL merchandising companies!
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2010 :  09:06:31 AM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dar-L

Printing and reading thru the 6/28 Dol movie visits paperwork just now.

In the Merchandising Update page we are supposed to print and discuss with managers, middle of the page, bullet 6 says:

"Stores will only be visited for changeout visits...."

Does this mean no more weekly's or bi-weekly's?

It sure sounds like it. IF that is true, they should have included that you are expected to train them or somebody should.
Usually, changeouts run every 6 to 10 weeks. I'm guessing 8 or 9 weeks. That means they will have to be taught to read and understand the label color coded messages on the boxes. They will have learn to read the POGs.They will have to stock the racks themselves.
Some locations wil be okay. Many will be a disaster in the waiting. I expect some will just put the DVDs any old where on the rack.

Jeff Hix
Serving metro Omaha, Nebraska including Bellevue, Papillion, La Vista, Ralston, Plattsmouth and Council Bluffs, Iowa.
MSPA Silver Certified - MSPA Gold Certified - NARMS Proficiency Test PASSED
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2848 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2010 :  1:02:33 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My visits to DG are now being done by my son. All of the DG's that he is now doing have been doing the merchandising work and all he has been needing to do is audit and minor POG corrections. So, I'm not surprised that DG will not be visited as often.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

BekkiCat
Star Contributor

Charlotte, NC
USA
296 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2010 :  2:21:40 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I finally just didn't schedule a date for my Sony job at FL (been doing it for about 4-5 years now.) Give me a break--once a month for less than minimum and in every report I related the fact that (via management) more DVD's were being shoplifted than sold. Really gonna miss that $

They've never been the best paying company but over the past five years it has become embarrassing enough that I wouldn't even tell my boyfriend how little I would be getting paid.

I don't know what it takes to be deactivated but I am surprised I have not been on that list. I still get the dozen e-mails a day so I guess I'm still activated. I'm sure at some point during the next month or so when the mdsg. jobs are going through a dry spell, I'll do something for the company but I'm not going to commit to one of the ongoing jobs.

Bekki
Gold-certified
Undercover Essentials video-certified
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2010 :  4:37:22 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jeff68005

.... They will have learn to read the POGs.They will have to stock the racks themselves.
Some locations wil be okay. Many will be a disaster in the waiting. I expect some will just put the DVDs any old where on the rack.
[/quote]

Mine all stock the replacements themselves but not very accurately, and they never clean or straighten. I always find at least 5-10 of the DG pre-viewed movies with the yellow tags in the SPHE display, and that is in a one or two week time, along with 3-5 cell phone chargers and cases, a few packs of batteries, and any other junk the customers leave there. My managers all say "It's your job to maintain the display." One store I have uses the Sony display as a "collecting spot" for their floor displays and just about anything else. When I go in I usually have to move 4-5 different boxes just to reach the movies. Another has such bad shrinkage that Sony only sends me there on change outs now. Last visit the Sony display was completely full of the yellow tag movies

But reading further in the instructions, the new POG calls for the waterfall rack for the lower rows, with 63 movies per row (if I read this correctly) all in ALPHABETICAL ORDER. I fear we will have to pack a lunch for the change out visits.
Go to Top of Page

KellyMac
Trainee

Michigan
USA
5 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2010 :  7:32:09 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Today I got an email from them with a subject of: "HUGE Bonus being offered."

The body of the email said:

"We are currently offering a $15 flat rate to complete a quick assignment in your area."

I don't know what the job paid originally, but I think it was $ 8.00. So SEVEN dollars is a huge bonus? Get outta here!

Kelly
Go to Top of Page

MarkFL
Valued Contributor

FL
USA
153 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2010 :  7:36:40 PM  Visit MarkFL's Homepage  Send MarkFL an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KellyMac

So are you saying they are full of hot air?
Bad joke.

Mark
MSPA Gold Shopper and Professional Merchandiser.
Go to Top of Page

Sandi G
Star Contributor

Tallahassee, FL
USA
918 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2010 :  05:12:35 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
From several things posted on here, I'm getting the impression that if you can no longer complete one ongoing assignment, they completely deactivate you from everything?

--Sandi
traditional & video shopping FL and GA
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2010 :  07:10:21 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sandi,
A supervisor (Marketforce) explained to me that they use a point system. So many black marks and you get deactivated, but can be reactivated if they feel they need merchandisers badly enough in your area (and you beg!). But then more black marks after that and you are out for good.

The schedulers evidently have the power to deactivate someone on the spot if someone pi**'s them off badly enough, and some use this threat to get hard to place jobs assigned. Bad business if you ask me, and this has given the company a bad name.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2848 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2010 :  12:41:07 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I didn't know that I had received ANY black marks, except 1 time reporting the wrong store closed. That little $3 job got me FIRED after working for them for over 2 years.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

AndreaSarrah
Contributor

Alexandria, VA
USA
69 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2010 :  11:52:28 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I signaed up for a shop this afternoon SUNDAY 6/27 to do an assignment that has to be done Monday-Friday. The original due date was 6/18.
An hour or so later I got this message:
"Your reports are due by 8am EST MONDAY 6/27/10. Any reports not received by this time will be removed from your account, you will not be compensated, and your file up for review which in turn may revoke your access to the website. Thank you, CMRS/Market Force."
The last thing I did for them was the lighters....I should have known better.
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2010 :  12:12:01 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KellyMac

The body of the email said:

"We are currently offering a $15 flat rate to complete a quick assignment in your area."

I don't know what the job paid originally, but I think it was $ 8.00. So SEVEN dollars is a huge bonus? Get outta here!
For them that is a huge bonus. The last headline email I got like that was a $2.00 bonus.

Jeff Hix
Serving metro Omaha, Nebraska including Bellevue, Papillion, La Vista, Ralston, Plattsmouth and Council Bluffs, Iowa.
MSPA Silver Certified - MSPA Gold Certified - NARMS Proficiency Test PASSED
Go to Top of Page

JonK
Contributor

AL
USA
87 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2010 :  2:33:31 PM  Visit JonK's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Regarding the DOL project changes, I also gathered that they are changing the frequency to every 8-10 weeks. That bites - I actually like this project and count on it in my monthly income.

Anyone else sign up for the special "invitation only" project to set up the oil display for an auto parts store? It originally paid $6, then they raised it to $8, saying they now expect it to take 45-60 minutes. Well, I finished my first job this morning. It took me over 2 hours to put the thing together. Throw in travel time, and I get paid a little more than $3 per hour. And for good measure, the store manager knew nothing of the project and thought I was trying to scam them.

The instructions had 47 steps. 47!!! And the pictures were cropped so tightly that I had to mostly rely on trial and error to put it together.

I just don't understand why almost every merchandising assignment offered by Certified understates the amount of time required. I've never been slow - either mentally or physically - so I just can't understand how they come up with their guidelines for how long a project will take.

Jon
Shopping all of Alabama, Mississippi, Florida panhandle, most of Tennessee, western Georgia and anywhere else where there's opportunity!
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2010 :  4:05:21 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Maybe they base their times on repetitive learning?

Jon, How long would the same job take you to do it again?

So maybe we should all just "give" them the first of each type job, so we can "learn" how to get the jobs done within the cap!!
Go to Top of Page

AhMaynard

CA
USA
19 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2010 :  12:10:35 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was deactivated from them after about 3 years of working for them. I'm ok with it because the pay wasn't super, but it was steady so I miss that. Are there any other places like them that allow you to search and self-assign and get permanent assignments? I do enjoy merchandising and miss it since not doing it for awhile now.
Go to Top of Page

JonK
Contributor

AL
USA
87 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2010 :  12:15:16 PM  Visit JonK's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
So now they are literally offering to pay below minimum wage. I was checking out the Additional Details on my DOL assignments. These are the changeout assignments in July that are estimated to take 90 minutes. 1 unit = 1 hour.

And how much does the first unit (hour) pay?

$6.00 for the first unit and $2 each additional unit (1 unit=1 hour in store time)

Can you believe that? I thought $8 per hour was low when you consider all the driving required to perform multiple locations. Now they have lowered their fee once again.

I know we are ICs, but is this legal? Can they knowingly pay their contractors a rate which is less than the federally mandated minimum wage?

Jon
Shopping all of Alabama, Mississippi, Florida panhandle, most of Tennessee, western Georgia and anywhere else where there's opportunity!
Go to Top of Page

DavidCar
Valued Contributor

Charlotte, North Carolina
USA
114 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2010 :  1:41:01 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
In today's message board, there was the official results of the Sony bids involving the the FL discount grocery stores. I lost 4 of the 5 stores that I had......oh well. At least I not totally deactivated.....at least not yet
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 81 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums