Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Merchandising & Demo
 Feedback Requested: Certified Marketing Services (CMS) (2)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 81

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2010 :  4:35:35 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Now I'm either in trouble or will be.

I accepted a late job that was due two weeks ago. I accepted it in July. It was due in June. The form will not accept a July report date.

I also accepted a July 5th assignment for the same client in the same business location. The system will not allow me to report that either.

They called me on the way to church yesterday to confirm my intent to service the account July 5th.

MF is closed until tomorrow morning.

Has anybody else had this kind of fun? How was it resolved?

Jeff Hix
Serving metro Omaha, Nebraska including Bellevue, Papillion, La Vista, Ralston, Plattsmouth and Council Bluffs, Iowa.
MSPA Silver Certified - MSPA Gold Certified - NARMS Proficiency Test PASSED
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2848 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2010 :  4:50:04 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yes, I have. Just enter a date that it will accept and if there is a comments section, show the actual date and explain why, simply.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Val2121
Contributor

Denver, CO
USA
93 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2010 :  10:04:43 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
$2.00? That isn't worth me turning on my computer!
Or walking to my car.
Or getting out of bed.
Or THINKING about the job.
Or printing the paperwork.
Or using the gas.
Or filing the taxes on it.
Or filling out the call report.
Or signing the vendor book.
Or tracking down a manager for a signature / instructions.

Are they kidding? Why bother? I don't even take $10 jobs.
Not even worth my time for less than $20 unless I'm already in the area.

Gasoline / wear on your car is supposed to be reimbursed at $.50 per mile! Exactly how does a vendor make a profit on a $2 assignment
after all of our expenses and fuel for our autos?
Go to Top of Page

AhMaynard

CA
USA
19 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2010 :  10:23:29 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Is that what they were paying for the recall assignment? wow that's disgusting and they were adding all the stress on top of that? Not worth it! I know times are tough, but what have we reduced ourselves to by doing this kind of thing?
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2848 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2010 :  02:44:47 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
No they're paying $7 flat fee.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Winona
Valued Contributor

Huntsville, AL
USA
106 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2010 :  07:42:16 AM  Visit Winona's Homepage  Send Winona an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AhMaynard

Is that what they were paying for the recall assignment? wow that's disgusting and they were adding all the stress on top of that? Not worth it! I know times are tough, but what have we reduced ourselves to by doing this kind of thing?

There were 2 different rounds of recall visits, which paid $7 for stores capped at 45 minutes and $8-12 for those capped at 60-90 minutes- same as always for this chain of stores.

Winona
Servicing north Huntsville, Harvest, Toney, Meridianville, Hazel Green, New Market, AL as well as Ardmore & Fayetteville, TN
Go to Top of Page

MarkFL
Valued Contributor

FL
USA
153 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2010 :  07:46:01 AM  Visit MarkFL's Homepage  Send MarkFL an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
The $2 visits in my area was for a Southeastern grocery store chain.

Mark
MSPA Gold Shopper and Professional Merchandiser.
Go to Top of Page

Ellinbeth
Valued Contributor

USA
129 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2010 :  1:57:13 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I agreed to do a DOL DVD on Monday---subbing for the regular merchandiser who is on vacation. I normally do grocery store DVDs. Is there anything I should know about the DOL DVD job?

Ellinbeth
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2848 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2010 :  5:00:14 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It will probably be simpler than your grocery dvd jobs. The only difference I've seen is that DOL does not want you in the backroom, AT ALL. An associate has to get anything for you. Or at least, that's the way in my area.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

BrianInGA
Valued Contributor

Columbus, GA
USA
148 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2010 :  5:32:54 PM  Send BrianInGA an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Just a heads-up for those of you with 7/12 visits to DOL for DVD's...check the paperwork closely. It looks like 7/12 is no longer the 'waterfall shelving' visit, as wave 1 has now been pushed to the 26th.

Brian
MSPA Silver Certified - Contact me for your shopping and merchandising needs in Columbus, GA and Phenix City, AL
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2010 :  5:42:02 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Marla,
Not that way in any of my stores. I always ask first, but pretty much go where ever I need. But they are all perms and I know most of the managers.
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2010 :  5:44:50 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
But on the brighter side Brian, we get an extra visit at those stores!
Go to Top of Page

BrianHanson37
Valued Contributor

USA
122 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2010 :  01:59:15 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sounds like the schedulers are getting worse and worse. Glad I was deactivated. I would have rather quit, but given my circumstances, being deactivated was fine...
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2010 :  04:06:22 AM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ellinbeth

I agreed to do a DOL DVD on Monday---subbing for the regular merchandiser who is on vacation. I normally do grocery store DVDs. Is there anything I should know about the DOL DVD job?

READ the paperwork CAREFULLY. There are changeouts scheduled both this coming week and the next. There is a link where the SOP link normally goes, but it has your location's changeout date info. For many stores, this changeout is special in that there is a fixture modification.
I have 3 DOLs this week ... none have the changeout. That means next week, I will have 2 grocery store DVD changeouts and 2 DOL changeouts on the same day.

Jeff Hix
Serving metro Omaha, Nebraska including Bellevue, Papillion, La Vista, Ralston, Plattsmouth and Council Bluffs, Iowa.
MSPA Silver Certified - MSPA Gold Certified - NARMS Proficiency Test PASSED
Go to Top of Page

LisaOV
Star Contributor

MN
USA
2659 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2010 :  03:37:50 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I wasn't deactivated and I had no trouble at all when I decided to quit my perm jobs with them.....but oh I can not tell you how nice it's been not having them call all the time.
Go to Top of Page

MarkFL
Valued Contributor

FL
USA
153 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2010 :  10:09:38 AM  Visit MarkFL's Homepage  Send MarkFL an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am just returning from a few of my DVD visits and I thought I would share the experience. Besides the DOL visits, I do a handful of Outlet Department stores.
I have been doing the same stores since the inception of the program with the exception of a short "deactivation" a couple of years ago. I am on friendly terms with all the stores. Last week at a store and today at a different store I was told CMS called the location to verify my visits and quality of work. I dont have a problem with that and I am comfortable with my quality of work. I was told today by the store manager how rude the caller was.
I wonder if we can keep assignments by having the "charming" attitudes of some CMS reps and do my visits as consistent as our pay days.

Mark
MSPA Gold Shopper and Professional Merchandiser.
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2010 :  5:33:27 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I agree Mark. One would think MF/CMS would assign someone to that task with a polite and friendly attitude.
Our success at the locations is based a lot on developing a working relationship with the managers. Without it we have to wait on managers to fetch things from the back (as Marla stated in her area), wait for them to accompany us with our trash out, wait for approval, wait for signatures etc. A one-hour job suddenly gets to be 1.5 or 2 hours on site.

I think MF/CMS really needs to pay more attention to their internal security, and start taping their operators and schedulers -for quality control purposes.
Go to Top of Page

.AnnieWulf
Inactive

USA
70 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2010 :  6:53:45 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have four DOL change-outs plus five DOL regular visits this week. Next week I have five DOL change outs AND five grocery store change outs. I think that equals a royal flush! Oh, and of course the fixtures didn't arrive at my DOL change outs for this week so I'll have those for the week after my royal flush. Does anyone have any idea what these fixtures will even look like?

Annie
Go to Top of Page

Marjorie Powell
Valued Contributor

New Orleans, LA
USA
111 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2010 :  12:35:53 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Lisa,

It doesn't break my heart either that I don't receive all of them annoying phone calls from them everyday...I was actually able to reduce my cell phone bill but reducing the minutes.....

It amazes me how their employees can be so rude but yet they have the nerve to deactivate a rep for a mere accusation of being rude. It's no wonder that they are always looking for new reps. As tight as the economy is..as bad as the jobs are needed sometimes enough is enough and the good reps finally get tired of the abuse.
Go to Top of Page

LisaOV
Star Contributor

MN
USA
2659 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2010 :  03:48:23 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dar-L

I think MF/CMS really needs to pay more attention to their internal security, and start taping their operators and schedulers -for quality control purposes.

You would THINK a company that does mystery shopping would do this already. I don't know who would hire them .....mystery shopping and good customer service should come from within.

All I can say is 14 years ago they were great to work for! Their pay was one of the best (at least in my area), you had one scheduler who got to know you. The help desk was helpful....as I've said before now they are not only NOT helpful, but in some cases I've wondered if they were even sober.....

I do miss my merchandising jobs with them...I had three really great stores, knew the staff and enjoyed the work....but..
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 81 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.33 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums