Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Merchandising & Demo
 Feedback Requested: Certified Marketing Services (CMS) (2)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 81

Ellinbeth
Valued Contributor

USA
129 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2010 :  08:37:27 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did the DOL store yesterday as a sub. Very easy---just one fixture, no replenishment stock. I'm surprised they even had me go to see what was out of stock if there is a major changeout next week. But---the online reporting is still not available, at least for me. Is anyone else able to report the DOL stores? It's DG, not FD, etc.

Ellinbeth
Go to Top of Page

Minerva

AZ
USA
45 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2010 :  5:00:53 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I turned my reports in yesterday with no problems. However, I got a bit confused about the replenishment stock. My stores received their DVD shipment but none of the DVDs on that shipment were on that short list on the report form.

So for the question asking if I found the replenishment stock, I said yes because the store did get a shipment of DVDs. But I had to put zeroes on the list of movies because the shipment didn't include any of those titles. If it's wrong then I'm sure I'll either hear about it or just get deactivated.

Minerva
Southern Arizona
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2010 :  5:07:31 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Is your store scheduled for a reset? If so, those dvds are probably for it.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2010 :  02:55:29 AM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Did the side of the box have a YELLOW rectangle marked 07/12/2010?

IF YES, that was changeout stock.

IF the rectangle is/was GREEN, that was replenishment stock and not the changeout stock.
========
addtional remarks: My changeouts were the following week 07/19/2010. One box had the green label on the narrow side (end) and a yellow label on the long side. It was changeout stock due to the yellow label.

The inserts were in a very generic box which easily became lost in the stack, but the manager found it.

Jeff Hix
Serving metro Omaha, Nebraska including Bellevue, Papillion, La Vista, Ralston, Plattsmouth and Council Bluffs, Iowa.
MSPA Silver Certified - MSPA Gold Certified - NARMS Proficiency Test PASSED
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2010 :  03:00:46 AM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
The DOL071210 report screens were down from about 5:00 Eastern time Monday until about noon Tuesday.

Jeff Hix
Serving metro Omaha, Nebraska including Bellevue, Papillion, La Vista, Ralston, Plattsmouth and Council Bluffs, Iowa.
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2010 :  03:18:31 AM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dar-L

I think MF/CMS really needs to pay more attention to their internal security, and start taping their operators and schedulers -for quality control purposes.

They do.

With exceptions, it depends if the caller is from New York or Denver. To a lesser degree, it depends if I call them (meuu choice 4) or if they call me to ask if I can take on an additional job(s). Since I've come back, the majority have minded their manners and checked their "New York" attitudes at the door.
I did have one joker call me Saturday after I took a past due job that morning to "encourage you to file your report by Sunday". That call hit me the wrong way. I had the report filed by Saturday sundown as I would have without the call.

Jeff Hix
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2010 :  05:31:55 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Guess they use call centers at different parts of the country. Yesterday i got a call from one, who was very generous with the pay negotiations for three jobs far outside my normal travels. When I asked how she would up in NY with her heart-warming southern belle accent, she said she was in a call center in Atlanta.

A pleasure to talk with her, but it concerns me: in the past when I have negotiated a job with a temp, I have invariably had to fight for my pay afterward.
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2010 :  9:25:06 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
More fun. I called into menu choice 4 to pick up a couple of FAM past due jobs. I bid them for a little more than they had been offering. My bid was accepted. As soon as I got off the phone, I checked my email only to see a bonus offer time stamped less than an hour before I called at 150% of my bid.
I said it would be done by Saturday. I got it done Friday - the same afternoon that I picked it up.
I called back in, but was not able to get back to the same scheduler to fix it. The other scheduler said the original scheduler had to fix it. The original scheduler did not return my voice mail. To be fair to her, according to the voice mail, she was scheduled to get off work less than 15 minutes after I called back.
All I could do was include a note in the bottom of the report and pray whoever reads it is in a good mood.
What other ideas does anybody have?

=============
Tuesday night following. That scheduler never did call me back.

Jeff Hix
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2010 :  9:02:40 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
The reporting screens for two projects (4 assignments) were down Monday and most of Tuesday. I was successful with some effort to get one report in Tuesday evening. Their 10:00 PM Eastern time reporting deadlines cramp my work day. Not everybody works 8 to 4 in our business.

In the middle of the second report, when I clicked on a box, it says "Service Unavailable". I tried to report another project and the link was the same, so I assume the reportig server is down.
It is fustrating to have such small windows of time to report when I have other committments too. I cannot afford to sit around and wait for them to get their act together and then ask me why I don't have some reports in.

Update a few days later: I was able to enter the report after MF servers came back up,but tonite received a message:
Quote:
Dear CFA You are receiving this message in regards to DIL071910. Due to an unforeseen error we have lost some data for your reports. We have salvaged inventory and returns but need you to resubmit answers for the remaining questions. We apologize for the inconvenience and will provide a $1 bonus for each report re-submitted. Thank you for your assistance.

Jeff Hix
Go to Top of Page

MarkFL
Valued Contributor

FL
USA
152 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2010 :  10:04:07 AM  Visit MarkFL's Homepage  Send MarkFL an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I had several DG visits with the new shelving inserts for the DVD racks. Easy enough, right? One of my locations did not get them in. I call the hotline. They verify they were not shipped. I was told they would be shipped overnight on the 21st. This location is about 30 miles and along a route of stops.
I call the store earlier (it is a market location) and they have not seen a package. He tells me (super nice BTW) most of the time UPS and FEDEX are in the front, but sometimes can be in the warehouse. He does not have the time or extra staff to go take a look.
I call the hotline. I inform him I was told on the 19th, I could call back and get a tracking number to verfify shipment. He says to either go to the store or continue calling the store until I receive an answer.

Mark
MSPA Gold Shopper and Professional Merchandiser.
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2010 :  4:41:08 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I don't see where calling the store repeatedly is part of the job. If CMS can't track it, then as far as I'm concerned it hasn't shipped yet.

I had one store where the inserts had not arrived. I called the hotline, they could not confirm shipment, so I did everything else and clicked the "not arrived' box on the report, and took only the pay cap for a store without the inserts. Gave the manager my phone number, asked she call when the shipment arrived.
I got the call from her the next morning.
Go to Top of Page

MarkFL
Valued Contributor

FL
USA
152 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2010 :  7:02:56 PM  Visit MarkFL's Homepage  Send MarkFL an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Great minds think alike DAR.

I did what you said, before you posted. I went to the store late this afternoon, like I was told by the 1st call to CMS back on the 19th. I merchandised, did inventory and selected the option, not arrived.
If they want me to go back when they come in, they can pay me. I have kept emails as well as names of the people I have spoken with.
Why is it the easiest work the most difficult and vice versa?

Mark
MSPA Gold Shopper and Professional Merchandiser.
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2010 :  6:54:38 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Now ... I'm steaming.

I received an email that a very cheap assignment was available. I started to check it out to see if I remembered it correctly. I did it last November once and said "never again" for that low pay.
I checked my assignments only to learn some so and so auto-assigned it to me at the same dirt-cheap rate. I mean you can't buy a Wendy's single with cheese for that.

I most certainly did not agree to the assignment. I'm debating doing it so that I don't have to talk to some other "so and so" with a bad attitude who may just disable my account permanently as has happen to others.

Jeff Hix
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2010 :  7:04:49 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Just go to the assignment page and cancel it. I learned recently that it's not so hard.

It will ask for a reason. I agree that driving across the city or county for 2-3 bucks is a losing deal for you.

Got chewed this morn for a late job. The client rep (yes! She called me!) scolded for not canceling jobs when I was overloaded. Jobs I had tried to cancel, web site would not let me cancel them, and the help desk also said I had to send a message.

Who'd a'thunk that jobs would be harder to get rid of than to get!!?
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2010 :  8:02:05 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
When I tried to cancel the assignment on line, it told be I would get a black mark for doing the job. That is not fair.
I sent a message and told them I expected an apology.
I'm taking bets how long until they read and reply to my message. The current average for many of them has been week.

I'm not holding my breath.

Jeff Hix
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2010 :  04:18:00 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I don't think that the customer service, LOL, reps even read any of our profiles. I was deactivated months ago, and yesterday I was called and asked if I was interested in a 30 minute assignment. I told them, once I could get a word in, that I had been deactivated and unless someone re-activated me without telling me, I could not do the assignment. All they had to say was, I'm sorry I didn't see that.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Marjorie Powell
Valued Contributor

New Orleans, LA
USA
111 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2010 :  10:10:17 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
LOL @ Marla....that seems to be the standard thing with them....I was deactivated over 4 months ago and they called me as recent as last week.....I just refused the reactivation and the job. I don't think the left hand knows what the right hand is holding with this company..what organization and what a way to run a business..you'd think that as large of a company as they are they would be better organized....
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2010 :  4:19:24 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They didn't even offer reactivation. I would have taken it, just for those little jobs when I'm already in the store.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2010 :  9:51:20 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
They surprised me. The little job that someone autoassigned me has be deleted from my assignment list within 24 hours of my writting them a message. I have no idea if I was zinged or not.

I'm happier about that since another company has filled my bookings big time that week. My arrangement with them allows it since they pay better.

Jeff Hix
Go to Top of Page

Val2121
Contributor

Denver, CO
USA
93 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2010 :  07:25:37 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
How does this company stay in business? Does anyone have anything positive about them?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 81 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.36 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums