Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Merchandising & Demo
 Feedback Requested: Certified Marketing Services (CMS) (2)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 81

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2010 :  08:07:40 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They are a company that has easy assignments, plus they will hire almost anyone, so someone without experience can get the experience with them.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Marjorie Powell
Valued Contributor

New Orleans, LA
USA
111 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2010 :  11:40:12 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Val2121....As Marla says....they are a company that will hire anyone. This company is a stepping stone for merchandisers who have little or no experience. It also has very easy jobs and will hire anyone...The personnel turn over with this company is unbelievable. Some of their associates in the office are very rude and and the amount they pay for jobs is lower than most companies but the jobs are easier. They fail to tell you that you don't get reimbursed for printing all of the paperwork for the jobs you are assigned. The up side of that is that most merchandisers who work for them that have the same job in many stores don't have to print the instructions for each store...one copy is fine but even at that by the time you pay for paper, ink, your time for printing the paperwork, doing the job, the wear and tear on your vehicle and then the time to put the information in on their website it isn't worth the $7 or $8 per store that they pay. Oh and I didn't mention that if you fail to report a store correctly, don't do an assignment or they find anything wrong with your performance they sometimes deactivate you without even asking you what caused the problem. Then once you are deactivated they continue to call you to do jobs because the personal doesn't take the time to check to see if you are active with the company before calling and offering more jobs....LOL

It's unfortunate that the econony is what it is and good merchandisers are kind of forced to work for companies like this in order to make ends meet. I for one am blessed and thankful that after 3 years of dealing with all of their nonsense I don't have to work for them anymore.
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2010 :  08:47:00 AM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I received an email this morning that had the look and feel of SPAM. The only thing that saved it from the SPAM filter was the sender was so and so @marketforceinfo.com . It may have been SPAM - it may have been real. It was a survey asking who you bank with and why. Then it did the same thing with car insurance. I do not know, but one of the last questions ask your CID number and email address. They have the email addy since they sent you the email, but what would some spammer do with the CID number?
The bait is a $10.00 Amazon email gift certificate (limited to the first 50 folks you did the survey.
They use a Zoomerang web page for the survey.

Jeff Hix
Serving metro Omaha, Nebraska including Bellevue, Papillion, La Vista, Ralston, Plattsmouth and Council Bluffs, Iowa.
MSPA Silver Certified - MSPA Gold Certified - NARMS Proficiency Test PASSED
Go to Top of Page

Meli
Valued Contributor

Houston, Texas
USA
129 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2010 :  09:17:12 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I got that same email and just deleted it without clicking the link. Unless there is a MF logo on there or I recognize the name, I'm not going to risk it.

Meli
Go to Top of Page

Allan
Apprentice

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2010 :  09:04:47 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Is anyone here familiar with the Android mobile device that's supposed to be used for some DVD assignments? According to the leasing agreement we're supposed to pay $5/month and be responsible for maintenance expenses. Is this really worth it?
Go to Top of Page

BrianHanson37
Valued Contributor

USA
122 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2010 :  01:32:38 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Although I do not like the company, I have to give them credit. I did my first merchandising job with them and if it wasn't for them, I wouldn't be making decent money now. They helped me in the longrun by giving me a chance other companies will not.
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2010 :  04:33:50 AM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have not seen this. I have two biweekly SONY perms and two DG perms. Therefore, I have more questions than answers.

Does anybody here have the thing for other uses? How do you like it and why? Who pays the mobile phone subscription? What can you do with it besides report? Which mobile phone company is the provider?

Read this:
http://androidforums.com/htc-incredible/141267-attention-running-android-2-1-big-read-me.html

http://www.lifehacker.com .au/2010/08/google-talks-about-the-future-of-android/
Battery life is a BIG concern since I do mine in one day including the unclaimed ones I pick up when they are due that day.

I can tell you that another company I merchandise for has gone that way for a simpler report on whatever cell phone you have. It is one question at a time. I do not catch entry mistakes (typos) until it is too late. When I use a PC, I get a better chance to fix them.

Jeff Hix
Serving metro Omaha, Nebraska including Bellevue, Papillion, La Vista, Ralston, Plattsmouth and Council Bluffs, Iowa.
MSPA Silver Certified - MSPA Gold Certified - NARMS Proficiency Test PASSED
Go to Top of Page

AndreaSarrah
Contributor

Alexandria, VA
USA
69 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2010 :  07:20:41 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anyone done the 250/300 item price checks at a grocery store? How long did it actually take you? Could you find most of the items? How long did it take to enter the report? Could you still see when you finished?
Go to Top of Page

Minerva

AZ
USA
45 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2010 :  08:27:40 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have a couple of DG perm jobs. I was doing them regularly every couple of weeks for quite some time. But the last time I was assigned those jobs was the week of July 12. I thought they had gone to once a month but it's now way over that. They haven't shown up on my current assignments list but they're still listed on my Permanent Assignments list on the website. I haven't been deactivated, I still get emails about available jobs and I can log into my account. Is anyone in the same situation or know what's going on with the dvd jobs at DG?

Minerva
Southern Arizona
Go to Top of Page

TVaughn
Contributor

USA
94 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2010 :  11:40:55 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Minerva, I believe all the DG Sony jobs are now just for changeout. DG is now required to put out any new stock that comes in

Terri
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2010 :  1:57:13 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yes, Minerva, the DG Sony visits are now only for Changeouts unless a special visit is required (I wouldn't expect any of those). I've looked at some of the displays and you can tell that a merchandiser hasn't been around lately.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2010 :  5:31:04 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Was in the instructions for weeks and weeks Minerva. The only weekly's now are new stores and the few older stores that were in such bad shape that the company is building the stock back up/watching the inventory closely.

I'm seeing the same thing Marla... Stores in really poor shape. I don't have any local stores but I shop in the local DG's regularly. Always browse by the movie displays, makes me proud of my perm stores! But when a store only has 10-12 movies total, the upcoming inventory will be quick and easy for someone!
Go to Top of Page

Ellinbeth
Valued Contributor

USA
129 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2010 :  7:02:55 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've tried to limit my complaints about Certified---but this may be the last straw. I have four Sony jobs (grocery store). Two are weekly, two biweekly. Under my current assignments, the weekly jobs weren't there. I called up to make sure I wasn't supposed to do them this week. The person at the Help Desk (who is extremely helpful)researched why they weren't under my current assignments---and found that they had been assigned to someone else this week---even though they are permanent assignments! He thinks that a temp worker mistakenly assigned them to someone else.

So---here I arranged my week to do these two stores and now I'm not doing them and won't be getting that money. I thought the assignments were automatically done---set to come up each week or as scheduled---not that someone was manually assigning them!

And then I look at my payment history---and see that my pay for these stores has been reduced by $1 per store for the past few times. Of course I wasn't notified about this and no one can explain it to me....

Yup, I'm frustrated!

Ellinbeth
Go to Top of Page

.AnnieWulf
Inactive

USA
70 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2010 :  7:22:14 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I also try to limit my irks and complaints about the company. I continue to do work for them and if I don't like what's going on it's my own fault to continue doing work for them.

My gripe is the emails I started getting telling me I haven't downloaded the paperwork for jobs that are still more than a day away. Last week I got such an email regarding my perm jobs. "YOU HAVEN'T DOWNLOADED YOUR PAPERWORK FOR XYZ ASSIGNMENT. DO SO IMMEDIATELY" or some such. So I do although I wanted to call and carp about it. So, on the first day I can do XYZ assignment, I do two of my five. I come home and try to enter my reports and find data entry screens not available. The following morning I try to enter my reports and I still cannot. I come home that evening after having finished the rest of that round and find an email in my inbox telling me I'm late and if I don't enter my reports before 8am the following morning they'll be removed from my assignments!

I've really tried to keep a positive attitude about this company but it's getting harder and harder to do.

Annie
Go to Top of Page

.AnnieWulf
Inactive

USA
70 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2010 :  7:24:10 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I also try to limit my irks and complaints about the company. I continue to do work for them and if I don't like what's going on it's my own fault to continue doing work for them. But they've started bugging me big time.

My gripe is the emails I started getting telling me I haven't downloaded the paperwork for jobs that are still more than a day away. Last week I got such an email regarding my perm jobs. "YOU HAVEN'T DOWNLOADED YOUR PAPERWORK FOR XYZ ASSIGNMENT. DO SO IMMEDIATELY" or some such. So I do although I wanted to call and carp about it. So, on the first day I can do XYZ assignment, I do two of my five. I come home and try to enter my reports and find data entry screens not available. The following morning I try to enter my reports and I still cannot. I come home that evening after having finished the rest of that round and find an email in my inbox telling me I'm late and if I don't enter my reports before 8am the following morning they'll be removed from my assignments!

I've really tried to keep a positive attitude about this company but it's getting harder and harder to do.
Go to Top of Page

.AnnieWulf
Inactive

USA
70 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2010 :  7:27:53 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sorry about the repeat posts. It appeared the page wouldn't load.

Annie
Go to Top of Page

Sandra Wright
Star Contributor

Arlington, VA
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2010 :  06:32:37 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ellinbeth

I've tried to limit my complaints about Certified---but this may be the last straw. I have four Sony jobs (grocery store). Two are weekly, two biweekly. Under my current assignments, the weekly jobs weren't there. I called up to make sure I wasn't supposed to do them this week. The person at the Help Desk (who is extremely helpful)researched why they weren't under my current assignments---and found that they had been assigned to someone else this week---even though they are permanent assignments! He thinks that a temp worker mistakenly assigned them to someone else.

So---here I arranged my week to do these two stores and now I'm not doing them and won't be getting that money. I thought the assignments were automatically done---set to come up each week or as scheduled---not that someone was manually assigning them!

And then I look at my payment history---and see that my pay for these stores has been reduced by $1 per store for the past few times. Of course I wasn't notified about this and no one can explain it to me....

Yup, I'm frustrated!

As like many they gave me my first job. I still do stuff once and awhile for them. I had a route of phone merch jobs and Sony which was MGM when I first did them. With the dollar stores after doing them about a year, one day I noticed them floating around so to speak. They were up for grabs. I called in and said whats up with that. My answer they told me was that after 6 months they figure most persons quit so they "freshen things up" my words. Well I did MGM-Sony for about three years. I did the dollar for over a year. I like that they have many jobs however low-paying but they lack basic moral-code business ethics. If you need work fine they have plenty. Just don't look for loyalty. I do like the simple jobs they line up.

Sandy C
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2010 :  06:47:30 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Ellinbeth,

Wise to check their job board regularly, even if only to look for your perms! As explained to me, the perms are linked automatically IF everything works right. If there is anything hinky about a job, it won't be linked unless someone does it manually, or you call in for it. Happened too many times to me, same as you described.

And I agree about the cut in pay on some jobs without notice.
Go to Top of Page

RoseS
Contributor

IL
USA
60 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2010 :  1:07:18 PM  Visit RoseS's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Could anyone recommend a merchandising company similar to this one? I'm a college student, new to this, and only do this type of work for bonus cash. I've started signing up for other companies, but their sign ups always seem like it is for someone who takes merchandising very seriously so I stop. Any recommendations?
Go to Top of Page

Donnie G

USA
35 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2010 :  3:58:46 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
RoseS,Don't sign up just to see if there is bonus cash or if you don't want to take this seriously. Corporations want DEDICATED workers to represent them and their products at store level in a positive environment. I have been doing this too long and see the results of persons not wanting to do this for the right reason. If you change your attitude and approach this as another way to foster contacts, once you graduate you may find that some of the companies who you merchandised for may know of someone else who is hiring. I have never gotten a job without knowing someone else who knew of an opening at another corporation.

Don
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 81 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.31 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums