Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Merchandising & Demo
 Feedback Requested: Certified Marketing Services (CMS) (2)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 81

BarbaraF
Contributor

Fruita, CO
USA
82 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2009 :  06:27:04 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Fantastic! I just looked at the shipping on that thingamabob and it will arrive the day that I should be doing the unmentionables.....let's just overwhelm me with tons of work on one day! I'll probably receive the shipment of unmentionables for Walmart the same day!

Barbara
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2009 :  06:59:27 AM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
The DVD returns call for us to call FEDEX. My limited experience with that process is not positive at all. I doubt that it will get anywhere, but I sent a message asking them to think about letting us enter our own PRP orders online. At least, we would have a printout of the confirmation that way. To be fair, it would require us to do so as soon as practical.

UPDATE: "... as of right now you have to call the fed ex number to scheudual a pick up while you are at the store. That is the only option we have available."

What do you think guys and gals?

Laura: My instructions say that I may NOT use the automated system. Thanks for your insight.

Jeff Hix
Serving metro Omaha, Nebraska including Bellevue, Papillion, La Vista, Ralston, Plattsmouth and Council Bluffs, Iowa.
MSPA Silver Certified - MSPA Gold Certified - NARMS Proficiency Test PASSED
Go to Top of Page

Laura_In_Az
Star Contributor

Tucson, AZ
USA
307 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2009 :  08:53:52 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I haven't experienced any problems calling FedEx for a pickup. I get right through, either to the automated system or, sometimes it rings to a live person. Usually I get the automated system and it does work. The only (minor) problem occurs if the store neglects to give the cartons to FedEx when they come to pick up. However, eventually, they do go out. In some stores, FedEx drops off daily and if the driver is at the store when my return box is ready, the store just gives it to him. The phone call is to schedule the pick up, not to authorize the pick up. That is, the FedEx driver will take the cartons without any call made. I once had to return something for another company and was using their PRP label. I was driving to a FedEx drop off, saw a FedEx truck delivering, pulled up and just handed my box to the driver. No problem.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2009 :  3:42:01 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I always call Fedex, it's even on my speed-dial. Only 1 problem in a year, and store's fault. When I call them, I give them my name up front. They look for my name, then ask 'which store' am I at today. It usually takes less than 5 minutes. Do tell them that it is a PRP Ground ASAP, there are different screens for them to schedule pickups. My calls usually goes like this. 'Hi, this is Marla B.., I have a PRP Ground pick to schedule today.' After that is where they ask what store. I'm even on first name basis with some of the people there, now.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2009 :  4:41:41 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the comments. My experience is they think my phone number belongs to the store where I made my very first PRP call. They insist that I tell them when they can pick it up at that store. When I try to give them a different PRP account number and location, they insist that I must bill it to "MY ACCOUNT" and demand that account number. I was refused service yesterday because I was not at the location they believed I should be shipping from. I'm ready to throw a phone after my third return. Of course, I know better and did not do it.
American English is a third or fourth language for the operators I get. I'm ready to get a fifth, but I do not drink.
No two operators provide a confirmation in the same format. If I had to trace a package, wish somebody "Good Luck" {insert rolling dice here}.

I peeked at the on line PRP screens. They are so much easier. Learning them was a piece of cake.

Jeff Hix
Serving metro Omaha, Nebraska including Bellevue, Papillion, La Vista, Ralston, Plattsmouth and Council Bluffs, Iowa.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2009 :  5:03:44 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
When I call in, the automated phone thinks I'm at a old store that I no longer service, so I push #2 and that gets me a person. I have never had to do a POD on any package, but they always give me a confirmation number at the end of my phone call. Maybe I've been lucky.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Winona
Valued Contributor

Huntsville, AL
USA
106 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2009 :  7:40:29 PM  Visit Winona's Homepage  Send Winona an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Re: FedEx
When I call in, the system thinks I'm 100 miles away in a place I've never called from! Once I get a real person, tho, it normally goes quickly.

Some stores tell me not to bother scheduling pick-up, they'll just give to the driver who is in almost daily. Other stores are always happy to know I've scheduled pick-up as they say their driver refuses to pick up unscheduled packages. Guess FedEx is like any company, always a few slackers

Winona
Servicing north Huntsville, Harvest, Toney, Meridianville, Hazel Green, New Market, AL as well as Ardmore & Fayetteville, TN
Go to Top of Page

Laura_In_Az
Star Contributor

Tucson, AZ
USA
307 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2009 :  7:43:15 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I use the store's phone. I used to call from my cell but since my phone number is always linked with the last store I called in for..I then have to go to a live person. By using the store's phone, I cut out some time on the phone with FedEx.
Go to Top of Page

Gayle R
Star Contributor

Eastern Shore, VA
USA
1396 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2009 :  7:55:02 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I never have any problem calling Fed Ex. Just keep hitting "O" everytime a part of the message starts up & you will get a live person ( my instructions also say to not use the automated system) It only takes a few minutes but it goes better if you tell them up front you are using PRP ground service. Sometimes they forget to ask & then it gets put on the wrong screen & you have to start over. Sometimes they ask for the phone # & sometimes not. I once told one of them that I was just a merchandiser & didn't know the store #. They told me it was OK to give them my cell phone # because I was the person arranging for pickup. I now keep a copy of the invoice sheet that comes from CMS when they send you something for the store because it has the store's address & phone # on it. I pull it out before I make my calls.

Gayle
Go to Top of Page

Jonathan B.
Star Contributor

Smyrna, Tennessee
USA
469 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2009 :  11:32:50 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I never have problems with Fedex. I usually use the automated system unless for some reason it goes to a live person. Never had a problem unless the store doesn't give it to the driver, which is out of my hands. I always use the store's phone. The system usually recognizes the number that way and it saves my cell phone minutes.

Jonathan B.
Go to Top of Page

Quinn
Star Contributor

Atlanta, GA
USA
50246 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2009 :  04:39:26 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Never had a problem. The process is extremely easy.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2009 :  05:36:01 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The only time I use the store's phone is when I'm at FD, even doing that there are times that 'it (automated)' thinks I doing an 'air' package versus a ground package. PRP packages are not done via automated, due to needing the shipper number. The stores have several different vendors sending things out and IF they are returns to vendor, each should have a separate shipper number, unless the store wants billed for it.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2009 :  4:40:40 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
IF you have yet to do the job needing the thingamabob that has been shipped to you, take some allen wenches from home as mentioned in the paperwork, if you have some. It is NOT in the shipment, but you could need one if you have to open certain displays. I'm not sure what size.
I was blessed. Everything worked at my location. Turns out that I could have gone Tuesday after all.
Isn't 20/20 hindsight helpful??

Jeff Hix
Go to Top of Page

Gayle R
Star Contributor

Eastern Shore, VA
USA
1396 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2009 :  8:14:14 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
You know all this talk of Fed Ex made me think of something. When in FL & they ask if the DVDs are going back to FL; When I first started I would say no, they are going to -----.One day the FedEx operator told me that was the FL address for these returns. So now if they ask I just say yes but does this make any sense to you? Most of the time they don't ask.

Gayle
Go to Top of Page

Jonathan B.
Star Contributor

Smyrna, Tennessee
USA
469 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2009 :  8:22:31 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
No Gayle, it doesn't really make since to me, although I have had that happen. I just usually say yes just to get on with it. All the Sony DVD's that I service have the same address, just a different shipper number for the different stores.

Jonathan B.
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2009 :  12:30:56 AM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
It's a good thing that I did a job search today. I found a couple of things that there were no messages about. One of them is just up the road. When they are that close and that easy, they're mine when I can snatch them. I figure that if I do a couple of cheapies, they may be more receptive to when I try to negotiate something better.

Of course, I could be wrong about that.

Jeff Hix
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2009 :  1:48:30 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Check your History!!

IT or something did not process my DVD account reports properly. I just got a call asking me to reenter the reports. They fell out of my history and back into my current work pending. It turns out not to be that bad. Just double check each answer. My main display is at the end of the magazines. Somebody or something changed that answer to the top answer on the form which IMO is not correct.
It keeps rejecting OTHER and description. It won't accept other for item 1.
There is a message in your messages as well if they figured out you are affected.

Good luck!

Afterthought. One of these locations was the one that I was moaning about not being able to download paperwork because IT was playing with it over the weekend. Whatever the problem,it bit my other location in the same chain too.

Jeff Hix
Go to Top of Page

Gayle R
Star Contributor

Eastern Shore, VA
USA
1396 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2009 :  7:53:16 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yeah, Jeff on some of these things they don't like our answers even if we think they are the correct ones. So you have to give them the answer they want in order to move on. When this happens I explain the correct answer in the comment section. I have had them insist my store was not allocated for something when I unpacked it & put it on display that very day. If the DVD displays are anywhere in that main aisle behind the registers then they are considered to be location #1 on the form.

Gayle
Go to Top of Page

Jonathan B.
Star Contributor

Smyrna, Tennessee
USA
469 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2009 :  8:24:16 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've had to do that on some reports too. I especially had trouble back in July with the AT&T portion that was added to the balloon inflation at Wal-Mart.

Jonathan B.
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2009 :  6:04:17 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Ya gotta love the opportunity to get a hot meal when you get home. This is gonna be the night. All my good works and only one of the assignments is capable of letting me report it done.
Either I loose sleep later tonight or tomorrow will be compounded double the number of reports tomorrow. Most of my scheduled reports tomorrow are gonna be dooses and now this.

Jeff Hix
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 81 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.31 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums