Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Merchandising & Demo
 Feedback Requested: Certified Marketing Services (CMS) (2)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 81

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2010 :  10:45:14 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
For the grocery DVD assignment:
Double check the date on the 24F checkstand fixture.
It appears the POG did NOT change date nor product placement.

I am expecting to have to inventory it all the same.
Does anybody read the instructions differently

Jeff Hix
Serving metro Omaha, Nebraska including Bellevue, Papillion, La Vista, Ralston, Plattsmouth and Council Bluffs, Iowa.
MSPA Silver Certified - MSPA Gold Certified - NARMS Proficiency Test PASSED
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2010 :  10:55:41 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've been printing out hard copies of all my MF purple reports in case another SNAFU happens and we have to reenter the report again. In that case, due to my process and proceedure, I ended up with two copies of those reports each using lots of paper and ink.

Effective this week, I plan to print it to ADOBE instead. ADOBE is very expensive, but combined with some of my other work, I have grown to feel the need ... err want for it.

IF you have a student in the house, you may be able to purchase the student version of ADOBE at a much cheaper price.

I'm at the point that the savings in ink and paper will slowly contribute to the cost recovery of the purchase.

Would anybody care to comment their thought on this idea either way?

Jeff Hix
Serving metro Omaha, Nebraska including Bellevue, Papillion, La Vista, Ralston, Plattsmouth and Council Bluffs, Iowa.
Go to Top of Page

.AnnieWulf
Inactive

USA
70 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2010 :  04:34:11 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Jeff: Early on in the always ever voluminous instruction sheets, it states that the change-out will span two visits. The upcoming visit will change out the dedicated fixture. We will still have to inventory the 24 but it won't change out until the 10/5 visit.

Annie
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2010 :  06:12:53 AM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I saw that and the requirement for multiple photos, but I still thought the heads up was appropriate for others. Also, if I misread anything, somebody would point it out once we got the discussion going as you did.

Any bets on how long (in minutes) they cap that next changeout visit?
I'm betting on another inventory then too. This one is 105 as the last one was.

I'm still curious why the changeout was delayed a week. My boxes say 09/13/2010 on yellow tags as did a previous visit's paperwork. The week's delay is not a good thing for me. It now puts all my Sony visits on the same week for two different MCs. Due to other committments, I have to get them all done on Mondays.

Jeff Hix
Go to Top of Page

Val2121
Contributor

Denver, CO
USA
93 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2010 :  07:30:55 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm very impressed by ALL of the ideas everyone has - it's going to help A LOT!

Also, GREAT ideas about ADOBE - isn't that tax deductible for you?

Thanks again!
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2010 :  08:30:33 AM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
As long as you keep the receipt, Yes it is.
You may have to show you ues it for your business activity.

Tell the IRS you use Adobe Reader for personal stuff.

Jeff Hix
Go to Top of Page

BrianInGA
Valued Contributor

Columbus, GA
USA
148 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2010 :  4:08:19 PM  Send BrianInGA an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I haven't purchased Adobe yet, but did find a decent freeware program that will let me print to .pdf, so that sure saves a lot of ink/paper.

Brian
MSPA Silver Certified - Contact me for your shopping and merchandising needs in Columbus, GA and Phenix City, AL
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2010 :  7:57:15 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Cute PDF Writer has saved me forests of paper in the past few years.
When I'm done with a page, before I submit, I click print to CutePDF and it asks me where to save it. Has all the flexibility I need, and doesn't load up the memory like most Adobe products. Only seconds to save a page, and it's free.
Go to Top of Page

Ellinbeth
Valued Contributor

USA
129 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2010 :  4:21:16 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
And now we are not supposed to do the changeout until the tracking is available. It was supposed to be done on the 20th and 21st, but now who knows?

Ellinbeth
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2010 :  11:35:39 AM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
This is a real SNAFU. IMO

For the Sony grocery merchandising changeout, BEFORE YOU LEAVE HOME:
Review your POGs - compare the following POGs in order - title by title

My PowerPanel 10 titles
and
My B Saddlebag 10 titles
and
10 titles on my 60F fixture

ARE ALL the same identical title. I was sent two copies of each title.

I called the #2 option (help desk). They were not help. They just said flex as best as you can.

I sent a message, but as you know that takes time.

I cannot believe my two stores are the only two in the country to have this problem.

===============================
UPDATE- MF reply: "The original instructions were correct, if you do not have enough titles flex another title into the blank space."

Jeff Hix
Go to Top of Page

Ellinbeth
Valued Contributor

USA
129 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2010 :  12:16:59 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
So Jeff, was your tracking available? Mine is still not available---got a message that said not to go out until I see that they have received the shipment. So---one of the two days that this assignment was supposed to be completed is already gone! They better give me an extension.

I think my POG is okay...if I can ever make it out there.

Ellinbeth
Go to Top of Page

Ellinbeth
Valued Contributor

USA
129 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2010 :  3:49:16 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Still wondering: did anyone get their tracking info and do the DVD changeout at grocery stores?

Ellinbeth
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2010 :  6:05:43 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
My tracking information is there, but one box does not come up. That store received one box of restock and one box of changeout yellow labeled for 09/13/2010 on the yellow label. My other store received two boxes of changeout and that shows up on the tracking yellow labeled likewise. That was the original published changout date. My change out stuff arrived 09/07/2010 in the store.
It WAS there last week when I went in for that scheduled visit.

UPDATE: 09:20 PM Eastern time.
The links for reporting are not available on my assignments.

I only have a 20 hour day tommorrow without this additional SNAFU.

Jeff Hix
Go to Top of Page

Jonathan B.
Star Contributor

Smyrna, Tennessee
USA
469 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2010 :  9:39:04 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm considering asking to be reactivated with Certified (I asked to be deactivated months ago b/c of stress) so I can do the trailer checks. I really miss those! Is this a smart idea? Are there enough trailer checks to make it worth putting up with the other stuff??

Jonathan B.
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2010 :  08:13:54 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
You could request not to be contacted for other jobs, or just screen your calls.
Or find a friendly scheduler/help desk associate to work with, do all your jobs perfectly and on time, and there would (ideally) be none of the stressful contacts.

Or maybe not?!
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2848 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2010 :  1:54:59 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
There is not enough trailer checks in my area to make it worth while.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2010 :  3:04:27 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Jonathan B.

That answer varies by area. I see too many such postings/offerings. I don't see them worth the effort. I could be missing a good thing by my choice.
Some of them go begging here. The movie checks come in a couple of variations as you know. Add in the movie marketing materials jobs.
I like my evenings for other things.

What is needed to make them worthwhile to you? How many movie houses are in your area? I get calls for some a few miles away and some are 12-15 miles away. MF does not look at that when they call.

Jeff Hix
Go to Top of Page

Ellinbeth
Valued Contributor

USA
129 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2010 :  1:47:48 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Time for another Certified complaint!

I just received a message on the message board saying that two of my stores were found to be out of compliance (based on the last photos I sent) and that I have to go back and correct them! I have no inkling what would be wrong with them (one is a special store-devised fixture that has no POG. With the other, I set it to the changeout as best I could, having to flex out some titles).

And of course, I am supposed to do it for free! (Although I am supposed to visit those stores anyway).

Does anyone know what it is going on?

Ellinbeth
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2010 :  2:33:54 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
You do have a vald concern not knowing what they want. They based it on the required photos. I do not have specifics yet either.

UPDATE: They modified the due date to include the following Moday which is my paid visit week.

Judging from the job coding, they are unhappy with my Power Panel 10.
As far as I am cocerned, they should have set me the correct merchandise. They did not. I filled in with cheaper product and turned the price topper around. I suspect they will want me to put in $14.99 product and turn the printed side of the sign facing the customers again.

Jeff Hix
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2010 :  4:45:53 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I guess we all got one. Hmmmm...

In the middle of the assignment details it says "unpaid visit".

Mine is 50 miles from home.
I called the help desk and the kind young man wasn't any help. So we'll have to wait for the report instructions come out to see what was wrong with the locations. I don't save my DOL/KRM pics (Guess I'll have to start!) so I have no clue either, but I do know this is a very high shrinkage store. The display is also on a very narrow aisle with limited lighting...no way to get a good pic without a fisheye lens. And if I remember right, all but one of the "Special offer" flags had been torn off.

Can't be too serious a deal, as they only gave me a 15 minute estimate.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 81 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.31 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums