Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Merchandising & Demo
 Feedback Requested: Certified Marketing Services (CMS) (2)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 81

Ellinbeth
Valued Contributor

USA
129 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2010 :  1:35:15 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I spoke to the project manager---she thought it had to do with the signage (the strips that go on the fixture). I checked the photos---and all the strips WERE missing on the checkstand endcap. I never noticed because I was so upset about never getting any replenishment stock for it. The fixture is more than half empty and has about seven titles missing of the 24! It's very frustrating---managers keep threatening to have the fixtures pulled out of the store since there is never any replenishment stock.

So---I will go back and insert the strips---but I think it's a bit of a misplaced priority. Wouldn't you think the lack of replenishment stock would be more of a concern than the signs? Customers can't buy DVDs unless they are on the fixture!

Ellinbeth
Go to Top of Page

JaniceA N TN

Greeneville, TN
USA
20 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2010 :  07:11:21 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
What do I do if I was told that a job had to be done today and my paperwork is still not ready for download? I do these jobs while my boys are in school. If I wait and it isn't ready soon then I will not have time to finish the job before it is time to pick my boys up. I received the signage that was mailed to me. This is frustrating.

Janice
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2010 :  07:22:38 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Not a wise thing to do in general, but if you've done these jobs before and know what to, you could go anyway to do the task, take an old copy of the assign sheet to get a signature, then upload when the site will allow. I had to do this once. It was easier than trying to get a hold of the help desk, and all worked out in the end.
Go to Top of Page

JaniceA N TN

Greeneville, TN
USA
20 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2010 :  07:23:58 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have not done this particular job before, it is a DVD set for a new store that is opening.

Janice
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2010 :  08:00:28 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It will involve job and inventory printouts - lots of pages and instructions, so you will have to wait for it.
Call them and ask about the download. If you can't work it out they should let you cancel without black marks.
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2010 :  05:17:17 AM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Janice- call them and tell them just that. While there are a few hard noses there, there are also some with a brain willing to work with you. Just tell them they failed to do their part, it will have to wait a day.
This could easily be 3 hours if you are not familiar with the product and being a new store. Be sure to read ALL the paperwork if you have not done so previously. You will need to understand the fixture and how it is setup.

Jeff Hix
Serving metro Omaha, Nebraska including Bellevue, Papillion, La Vista, Ralston, Plattsmouth and Council Bluffs, Iowa.
MSPA Silver Certified - MSPA Gold Certified - NARMS Proficiency Test PASSED
Go to Top of Page

JaniceA N TN

Greeneville, TN
USA
20 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2010 :  07:50:06 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks! I did talk to them yesterday and got the paperwork. They were fine with me doing the job this morning. It wasn't too bad. I did it in the estimated time frame so that is good.
Thanks again for your help.

Janice
Go to Top of Page

Gretta
Star Contributor

Jacksonville, NC
USA
1566 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2010 :  3:06:21 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm surprised to find out that of the different companies I work for, that this one actually has assignments on military bases.
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2010 :  3:25:39 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
The reports for the DIL100510 are NOT READY to be entered. This is getting to be a bad habit. I have other work to do. I have no clue when I can get to filing these reports as the work is done.
It won't be 10 pm EDT. I'll still be out working.
This posting is as of 06:25 PM EDT.

It is now Tuesday 02:00 AM and still no reports may be filed.

DIL100510 Data Entry Screens Now Ready! - posted on their board: 10/6/10 3:48PM Eastern time

Jeff Hix
Serving metro Omaha, Nebraska including Bellevue, Papillion, La Vista, Ralston, Plattsmouth and Council Bluffs, Iowa.
MSPA Silver Certified - MSPA Gold Certified - NARMS Proficiency Test PASSED
Go to Top of Page

Gretta
Star Contributor

Jacksonville, NC
USA
1566 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2010 :  6:47:09 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Here's a good one. I took a job that can only be done tomorrow. No big deal on that. But here's the issue. Got a message saying the paper work is ready, but it's not ready yet. However, the report are is ready. Gotta love that. If it's still not ready by tomorrow morning I'm going to cancel the assignment based on their paperwork not being ready when it needs to be and I can't do it after tomorrow anyway. I took it because the date is for Oct 7th only. UGH!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Val2121
Contributor

Denver, CO
USA
93 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2010 :  6:57:02 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
How on earth does this company stay in business?

Hope they don't treat their customers the same lousy, unorganized
way they treat their employees!
Go to Top of Page

Gretta
Star Contributor

Jacksonville, NC
USA
1566 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2010 :  10:02:15 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Alright canceled assignment. This is an on base shop, which was required to be done tomorrow but with no paper work can't do it. I would hope they don't deactivate me for this. 2nd time I've canceled an assignment for similar reasons. The other one was for a store an hour away that on the original set of dates I was going to be in that city, but when they postponed the dates I couldn't justify driving an hour each way to do their one job with nothing else.
Go to Top of Page

BrianInGA
Valued Contributor

Columbus, GA
USA
148 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2010 :  4:50:49 PM  Send BrianInGA an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
GRRR -- hopefully this can be ironed out whenever I can get in touch with a human, but pretty ticked right now. I was called about a Saturday trailer check, and agreed to do it. While I'm in the theater actually *doing* the assignment that I agreed to, I get two missed calls on my cell from Certified wanting to make sure everything's good to go with the check. Call the lady back as soon as I get out and see the msgs -- get only a voicemail so I leave a msg to the effect of 'job done, will enter data as soon as I get home'. Get home, fire up the PC, pull up current jobs -- no trailer check assignment for me to enter data. What a wasted chunk of afternoon!

Brian
MSPA Silver Certified - Contact me for your shopping and merchandising needs in Columbus, GA and Phenix City, AL
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2010 :  5:24:05 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
And they wonder why we get stressed!!!

I've learned to be really cautious of any job calls from them on the weekends, and always (on weekends) ask for a confirmation email or message. Too often the jobs don't show up on my board or the pay is eventually found to be wrong. Recently a scheduler described the incorrect job to me... got home to look at the 4 perms I had accepted while driving on the weekend, found them to be not at all what was described.

Brian, sounds like the associate called to confirm and when you didn't answer he/she panicked and pulled the job. Best of luck getting it fixed. Try a call back to the person you initially made the deal with.

BTW a supervisor told that there is no reason for any scheduler to not be able to send a conf. email or message on the message board!!
Go to Top of Page

LisaOV
Star Contributor

MN
USA
2659 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2010 :  6:10:10 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I gotta say during my work break (had major emergency eye surgery - recovery time is three to six months) I am enjoying not getting their phone calls.....you are right Dar - L, they stress their IC's too much.
Go to Top of Page

Laura_In_Az
Star Contributor

Tucson, AZ
USA
307 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2010 :  8:30:14 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yesterday I received a phone call on my cell from Certified (Market Force). Interestingly, they have found a way to block their calling phone number. My cell said that the call was from phone number 303! Where are the rest of the digits?
Go to Top of Page

.AnnieWulf
Inactive

USA
70 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2010 :  8:37:51 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Laura_In_Az

Yesterday I received a phone call on my cell from Certified (Market Force). Interestingly, they have found a way to block their calling phone number. My cell said that the call was from phone number 303! Where are the rest of the digits?

Isn't that a trip?!? Think I got three calls from them today.

Annie
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2010 :  06:06:35 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They now have call centers around the country, some of which block the numbers.
Go to Top of Page

.AnnieWulf
Inactive

USA
70 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2010 :  07:17:52 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
After holding down five grocery store movie jobs for about two years, without missing an assignment or requiring that someone else cover for me EVER, I received an interesting message from them.

In an on-going effort to cut costs, they were trying to reduce the costs of their services to their clients in an effort to remain competitive. Two of my five stores paid me a little more, a fee that was negotiated some time ago due to the fact that the two stores are in opposite directions, not nearby any other assignments on a regular basis, and both are a half hour away from my home. Remember, opposite directions. So to get from one to the other takes about an hour. They wanted to know if I would be so kind as to please reconsider what I required to service them.

Now some time ago, they decided that we weren't using the 60 minutes they'd been allotting to do the job and cut our cap time by 15 minutes and reduced the pay by a dollar. After a bit, they reconsidered and generously reinstated that 15 minutes. What they did NOT do was reinstate the dollar.

So I did "bid" on the jobs and entered the exact amount they were currently paying me on both of them. They rejected the bid on one and I haven't heard anything on the other. The store they took away is in great neighborhood and I can imagine that they were able to find someone to do it for the "regular" fee. The other location is in a quite different kind of neighborhood with a totally different demographic.

I have great relationships with management in all of my stores and they trust me to do what I am there to do. It didn't start out that way, it's a rapport that I built over time. I'm polite, I remember names well, store employees are happy to see me. In one of my stores, my relationship with management is the only reason the fixture remains in the store. I know that Certified doesn't care much about that but I'm surprised that the client involved does not.

At any rate, I think much of this company's off hand behavior regarding those of us actually doing the work would have caught me off guard and upset me more than it has if not for those of you who post and share similar stories.

Just doing my part to spread the word so that others might benefit from my experience. Also feels good to be allowed to rant a bit.

Annie
Go to Top of Page

Val2121
Contributor

Denver, CO
USA
93 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2010 :  09:17:47 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Annie - WOW-you are an excellent worker - they are lucky to have you - they certainly don't deserve you.

Sorry you're going through all this.

This company has ridiculous policies.

The way they treat their employees, even more so.

I'm so glad I don't work for them. Clearly, it wouldn't be worth it!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 81 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.28 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums