Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Merchandising & Demo
 Feedback Requested: Certified Marketing Services (CMS) (2)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 81

LindaE
Valued Contributor

Billings, MT
USA
203 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2010 :  09:22:24 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
This is really interesting for me to read through. I have never done ANY merchandising for this company, though I am an active mystery shopper through the blue Market Force portal. I've received calls to my cell phone almost daily for the past couple of weeks offering merchandising assignments for Certified. Must be really hard up in my area. I do MS'ing on a part-time basis to supplement my regular income and can't see (from this conversation) how the merchandising work offered through Certified would put me in a better financial situation.

LindaE
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2010 :  12:30:50 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm on the other side the thought. I like the merchandising much more than the mystery shopping. I find the merchandising reports take less time to enter (when the system works) and are less detailed than the mystery shopping side. Commentary is much less. The pay for the total time nets the same or slightly better if you negociate and do not take whatever they offer.

If they call you, ask for more money than they offer. Often you will get it, but not always. IF they fail to accept your bid, then decide if you will be nearby otherwise. React according to your abilities to get the job done.

Jeff Hix
Serving metro Omaha, Nebraska including Bellevue, Papillion, La Vista, Ralston, Plattsmouth and Council Bluffs, Iowa.
MSPA Silver Certified - MSPA Gold Certified - NARMS Proficiency Test PASSED
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2010 :  12:35:02 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Laura_In_Az

Yesterday I received a phone call on my cell from Certified (Market Force). Interestingly, they have found a way to block their calling phone number. My cell said that the call was from phone number 303! Where are the rest of the digits?

It's been that way for a few months for the Denver center.

Jeff Hix
Serving metro Omaha, Nebraska including Bellevue, Papillion, La Vista, Ralston, Plattsmouth and Council Bluffs, Iowa.
Go to Top of Page

Sandra G.
Valued Contributor

TX
USA
239 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2010 :  8:11:24 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Denver? They have a Denver office, too?

Sandra G.
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2010 :  05:34:07 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
And one in Atlanta also.
Go to Top of Page

Ellinbeth
Valued Contributor

USA
129 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2010 :  2:14:31 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Had no idea about there being an Atlanta office and I live in Atlanta! Does anyone know the Atlanta phone number?

I did find out about the compliance issues with the DVDs---some channel strips were missing from the fixture. Strange how that is so much more important than all the missing DVDs (replenishment stock takes a long time in coming, if ever---makes you wonder what they do with the reports where we document inventory and what's completely missing!).

Some store managers question whether the DVds are actually selling or are being stolen, but that's a whole other issue.....

Ellinbeth
Go to Top of Page

Jonathan B.
Star Contributor

Smyrna, Tennessee
USA
469 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2010 :  4:00:07 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Denver is MFI's main headquarters. The Atlanta office is mainly the mystery shopping end of MFI (the old Shop'n Chek ), I think.

Jonathan B.
Go to Top of Page

Sherry Lyons
Contributor

Halsey, OR
USA
50 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2010 :  7:10:47 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The Phone numbers are as follows: colorado is 303-402-6920,
Georgia is 800-669-9939 or 770-441-5366, New York Number is 518-758-6400

Sherry Lyons
Go to Top of Page

.AnnieWulf
Inactive

USA
70 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2010 :  8:02:43 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ellinbeth

Had no idea about there being an Atlanta office and I live in Atlanta! Does anyone know the Atlanta phone number?

I did find out about the compliance issues with the DVDs---some channel strips were missing from the fixture. Strange how that is so much more important than all the missing DVDs (replenishment stock takes a long time in coming, if ever---makes you wonder what they do with the reports where we document inventory and what's completely missing!).

Some store managers question whether the DVds are actually selling or are being stolen, but that's a whole other issue.....

My take on that is that Certified/MFI, is responsible for making sure we do what we're supposed to do, period. Certified/MFI doesn't have anything to do with shipping, missing titles, or the fact we frequently have titles that are priced one thing on the dedicated fixture and are selling for half that price on a corrugate. Those issues are on the client.

Annie
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2010 :  06:28:27 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Annie, you're right, we are to report to our company, then the company is to report to the studios Then the studio people will send the replenishment. I do Sonys for another company and there is about a 1-2 week time frame between my report and delivery of replenishment. My boxes have an invoice that has the order date on it. Usually the order date is within 2 days of my report.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

AnnCamp
Contributor

USA
60 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2010 :  09:57:49 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anyone done the cold beverage audit for Cerified? Was it difficult? How long did each store take? TIA!

Ann
Go to Top of Page

DianeScraps

PA
USA
15 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2010 :  5:13:30 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AnnCamp

Has anyone done the cold beverage audit for Cerified? Was it difficult? How long did each store take? TIA!

If it is the adult beverage audit, I have done it, it wasn't horrible, but not something I would do again. Every location I did it at I was confronted by the store manager, I told them I was trying to figure out what beverages we needed for a family wedding.
Go to Top of Page

JaniceA N TN

Greeneville, TN
USA
20 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2010 :  1:47:19 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hoping to get some insight on doing medical office audits. Since I am new to merchandising and have only done retail work so far I was wondering what these audits are like? Thanks in advance, Janice

Janice
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2010 :  6:10:58 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Janice,
If you are talking about the AH ones, they're a breeze. 15 minutes in and out after you do a few. Just print out ALL the report and go thru it line by line at the location. Be outgoing to the receptionist. Take pics of everything.
Go to Top of Page

Angela Harrington

mid-michigan, MI
USA
43 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2010 :  6:08:53 PM  Visit Angela Harrington's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
What is so hard about having the entry screens ready before the day a project is due? DG screens not ready, due by tomorrow. Well I completed the jobs today because I don't have time tomorrow, however I apparently get to find the time to enter reports.
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2010 :  6:19:02 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
For that reason and some data entry problems, I gave up on Market Force. I have been able replace the income with a more stable task elsewhere. Less time and easier reports.
Also, the new task at a different company is not changing task dates. It is weekly .. not bi-weekly.

Jeff Hix
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2010 :  05:23:01 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
congrats Jeff, but this is still a good starting out company. Plus it's nice for fill in work, especially if you need to go out of town for a different company and make the trip worth alittle more. My son is now trying to support himself with this company, good he doesn't need alot.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

JonK
Contributor

AL
USA
87 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2010 :  5:00:42 PM  Visit JonK's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
You just might be a Certified merchandiser if you spend 20 minutes entering a DG report, only to get an error at the very end because for some reason their programmers are incapable of creating a functioning form.

I am so sick of this. They should compensate us extra for all the crap we have to go through. Something happens EVERY TIME. EVERY TIME. Why do I put up with this punishment? I feel like an experiment in some Pavlovian research lab. "Hmmm...let's see if we can get the mouse to fall for our trick ONE LAST AGONIZING TIME."

Jon
Shopping all of Alabama, Mississippi, Florida panhandle, most of Tennessee, western Georgia and anywhere else where there's opportunity!
Go to Top of Page

Cathy O
Contributor

Richmond, MI
USA
79 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2010 :  7:15:56 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've been trying all night to submit my report for the Sony at Dollar General and the site won't come up. It did come up once but then wouldn't go to the second page. Very frustrating when I have all the inventory to submit and it takes forever.

Cathy

Cathy
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2010 :  7:25:00 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
And I just got an email saying my DG 110210 jobs were "past due"!!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 81 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.33 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums