Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Merchandising & Demo
 Feedback Requested: Certified Marketing Services (CMS) (2)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 81

Laura_In_Az
Star Contributor

Tucson, AZ
USA
307 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2010 :  06:25:58 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I used to be able to search for jobs on the purple portal in states other than my home state. When I attempt that now, I always get zero search results. Is anyone else experiencing this also?
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2848 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2010 :  07:16:59 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just checked, I noticed that you can only search up to 100 miles radius. I'm in IN, I checked IL and found work, but when I checked NY, zero work. Maybe this helps.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Laura_In_Az
Star Contributor

Tucson, AZ
USA
307 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2010 :  07:21:24 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
If that is the case, it looks like I can not pick up work while on a road trip or vacation over 100 miles from my home.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2848 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2010 :  12:05:31 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
that's what I think also. Finally I'm able to take a few short trips and thought about picking up some work along the way, but I'm guessing it won't be thru Certified.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

AndreaSarrah
Contributor

Alexandria, VA
USA
69 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2010 :  9:11:10 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Is anybody doing the assignment tomorrow putting up the posters in drugstores? Are we supposed to take one picture of the entire set-up or 1 picture of each side of each display? In one of my stores that would be 8 pictures.
Go to Top of Page

.AnnieWulf
Inactive

USA
70 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2010 :  9:21:57 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MarlaB

I just checked, I noticed that you can only search up to 100 miles radius. I'm in IN, I checked IL and found work, but when I checked NY, zero work. Maybe this helps.

I'm pretty sure you still can. You just can't do the search based on distance for more than 49 miles. You can do it differently, though. Think you can search city and state or just state, I made about a 600 mile (round) road trip a couple of years ago and did several assignments along the way. It was when the gas prices were out of sight. The work I did paid for almost all of my gas. But be forewarned, I was getting calls requesting that I cover jobs 200 miles away from home for some time thereafter.

Annie
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2848 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2010 :  06:17:27 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
annie, please tell how you do this. I've put the state and also the zip code, but no jobs showing. I know you used to be able to using the state search.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

.AnnieWulf
Inactive

USA
70 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2010 :  07:09:15 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sorry, I spoke without checking. Didn't know that they had changed the parameters of the search. I really don't know why they keep messing with things. Perhaps they ran into issues with jobs not being done. However, based on the number of calls I get to do work it seems that they'd take advantage of any possibility to get things covered. If I were to know in advance of a trip I'd be taking, I'd call them and see if I could get cooperation in planning a route. Don't know if that would work, they seem to be so compartmentalized with one hand not knowing what the other is doing... But it's worth a shot.

Annie
Go to Top of Page

MaryRod
Star Contributor

El Centro, CA
USA
542 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2010 :  03:41:17 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
There's just no jobs in many of the states.

I did a job search just now for California and jobs for three counties showed up, Imperial Valley, San Diego, and some for LA. I did another seach for Arizona, only a few showed up for Yuma and some other city about 100 miles away.

Searching by state did work for me I tried a few other states but no jobs came up. Try the ones I mentioned above to see if they show up for you.

~~ Please consider the environment before printing unnecessary pages.~~
~*~Mary~*~
Go to Top of Page

MaryRod
Star Contributor

El Centro, CA
USA
542 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2010 :  03:43:20 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
There's just no jobs in many of the states.

I did a job search just now for California and jobs for three counties showed up, Imperial Valley, San Diego, and some for LA. I did another seach for Arizona, only a few showed up for Yuma and some other city about 100 miles away.

Searching by state did work for me I tried a few other states but no jobs came up. Try the ones I mentioned above to see if they show up for you.

~*~Mary~*~
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2848 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2010 :  05:43:47 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My DIL was going to FL, at that time, but I found none. I'm in IN, and just checked both AZ and CA, and it shows no jobs at this time.

This was a good feature for traveling people, and it's a shame that it's not working the way that it was.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Laura_In_Az
Star Contributor

Tucson, AZ
USA
307 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2010 :  3:16:30 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
You can only see jobs within 100 miles of your location. Because of where I live in Arizona, I cannot see jobs in any other state. There are many jobs available within this 100 mile radius. However, if I was planning a road trip-(or flying to somewhere), I can no longer pick up jobs in any other state-or even in Flagstaff or Sedona or Prescott, Az.
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2010 :  5:29:04 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
You could always call and talk to scheduling.
Go to Top of Page

Ellinbeth
Valued Contributor

USA
129 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2010 :  3:35:10 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Wow---no posts for over a month on this thread! But I was wondering if anyone has signed up for the movie theatre auditing job. It didn't seem bad to me---take some photos of promotional materials. But in reading the instructions, I decided it wasn't for me. You have to take a photo of a customer buying something at the concession stand---I thought this may not be easy to do. And you have to ask the manager about the reason why they are lacking any promotional materials.
But I guess what really got me was that you have to get the manager's middle initial---now, c'mon. I can't believe any theatre would have managers with the exact same first and last name. And then you have to scan the sheet that the manager signed to prove that you obtained the signature. If you submit the photos, doesn't that prove you were there? I guess it struck me as not being trusted and having to do a song and a dance for a low reimbursement. Maybe I'm just tired after doing a few of their grocery store DVD jobs today!

Ellinbeth
Go to Top of Page

Val2121
Contributor

Denver, CO
USA
93 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2010 :  4:02:49 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Ellinbeth-I agree with you - just how much is our time worth?

Middle names now required? Why not just get blood samples too???

MERRY CHRISTMAS & Happy New Year to all! :)

Go to Top of Page

Laura_In_Az
Star Contributor

Tucson, AZ
USA
307 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2010 :  4:07:36 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did one of these promotional checks several months ago and it wasn't bad at all. If I remember correctly, they didn't really want you to take a picture of the customer's face, etc-they wanted a close up of the hand off, with the product (bag of popcorn, etc) I treated it like a fun adventure and the employees got into it. We did several 'hand' shots until I got a photo I liked. I had no problem asking why they didn't have a certain promo product-sometimes it was sold out, sometimes never received, sometimes (esp. with the one-sheets) no room due to other posters taking up the space. I enjoyed the job.
Go to Top of Page

Gretta
Star Contributor

Jacksonville, NC
USA
1566 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2010 :  4:35:53 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Middle names? I don't think anyone in their right mind would give that to you to begin with. I also would not accept an assignment asking for a middle name. I also find the picture of someone buying something to be over the top to me. Unless they want to pay me around $30 to $40 for the assignment, forget it.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2848 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2010 :  5:34:39 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They have asked for middle initials for awhile. I haven't had any problems with that. I usually wasn't able to find the promo items that they were looking for at the theatres that I did. Of course, back then, I didn't have to fax it in either.

In my opinoin, they are asking more and more and not willing to pay more. My son works for them, but he's getting started and the background checks doesn't work for him. He's cleaned his act up over the last 5 years, but nobody wants to hire him anyway, so Certified is the best he can do at this time.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

MaryRod
Star Contributor

El Centro, CA
USA
542 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2010 :  8:09:59 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did the promotional check too, really needed those $20, I asked a few customers if I could take their picture and all were willing. If I couldn't find something I asked, because they get in trouble for not using the promotional stuff.

It was worst doing the open check this past week end....2 days from 11:15am-10:40pm.......11 hrs for 2 days to make less than $100.....I was hoping for two screens to earn over $100.

My family thinks I'm crazy

~*~Mary~*~
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2848 Posts

Posted - 12/24/2010 :  11:00:53 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anyone received their checks dated 12/17? Normally my son would have received his check on the Wed after Friday check dates. here it is Friday, a full week after the check date and no check. Is it just him?

Marla
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 81 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.42 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums