Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Merchandising & Demo
 Feedback Requested: Certified Marketing Services (CMS) (2)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 81

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2011 :  08:26:31 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have a question for those of you with direct deposit.

My son just received a payment dated 2/4. I had signed up with the direct deposit on 1/11 and received 2 paper checks since then. All of his paper checks had numbers with 6 digits and this last payment had 14 digits. I wasn't listed under the direct deposit area, just the recent payment area. He doesn't have access to his bank account via phone. Would this last payment possibly be a direct deposit?

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Cathy O
Contributor

Richmond, MI
USA
79 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2011 :  04:50:06 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi,
Hopefully you've found out if it's a direct deposit by now, I saw no one responded so I thought I would. Copies of direct deposit always say it's not an official check somewhere on the check. If it doesn't say copy or something to the effect that you can't cash it because it's a copy then it's a real check.

Cathy

Cathy
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2011 :  04:59:29 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yes, he found out yesterday when he went into town. He doesn't receive anything, just online.

Thank you for responding, I was wondering if anyone else was still working for them and on the forum.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

TVaughn
Contributor

USA
94 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2011 :  11:56:38 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
has anyone received there 2010 tax info from Certified yet?

Terri
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2011 :  1:54:07 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Mine came early last week, both MFI and CMS lumped together.

Keep in mind that if you didn't gross $600 you won't get a 1099, and will have to print off the amounts from the web pages.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2011 :  3:35:26 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Son's showed up quite a while ago, he only worked for Certified.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

TVaughn
Contributor

USA
94 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2011 :  07:28:44 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Dar, that's what I thought but I just received a 1099 from Pat Henry for $20. Can someone tell me if the Certified tax paperwork says Certified? I have a few that came in and they don't say the company name, for example the one I think is for Pat Henry has Tri-State Employment and doesn't name who it's actually from.

Terri
Go to Top of Page

DavidCar
Valued Contributor

Charlotte, North Carolina
USA
114 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2011 :  11:41:07 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
TV,

Certified and MF 1099's are combined.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2011 :  1:32:21 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Son's came as MarketForce.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

TVaughn
Contributor

USA
94 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2011 :  1:44:52 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks Marla, that's what I was wondering because some of mine come under a name that doesn't reflect the company.

Terri
Go to Top of Page

BrianInGA
Valued Contributor

Columbus, GA
USA
148 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2011 :  2:11:29 PM  Send BrianInGA an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Pat Henry definitely comes through Tri-State. I got two separate forms from Tri-State last week, and ended up calling them (TS) to figure out exactly who they came from. One was for Pat Henry, and the other for RDM.

Brian
MSPA Silver Certified - Contact me for your shopping and merchandising needs in Columbus, GA and Phenix City, AL
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1695 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2011 :  07:51:21 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
CMS called me this morning but I stopped working for them cuz of the phone calls. I had no intention of doing the Sony jobs for $6 ... I had to print 24- 30 pages of paperwork!! How are they now to work for?? Any recent feedback on work projects?? The only posts I saw in the last 2 pages are when you guys got paid.
Go to Top of Page

MarkFL
Valued Contributor

FL
USA
152 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2011 :  08:34:56 AM  Visit MarkFL's Homepage  Send MarkFL an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
$6.00. Guess how much they pay now? Yep. still $6.00. I guess it all depends which stores you service with CMS for Sony. I do the dollar stores for the $6, but I do grocery stores and discount clothing stores for $8. At least the clothing and the grocery are on a bi weekly basis.
The most frustrating thing lately is I have been taking other work from them lately in the Supercenters, and with the low pay, I try to route them in with my other work. These several different projects have required materials shipped to my home.Several times these materials have arrived late and I am forced to go 30-45 minutes away to lose money on the work.
When I call the hotline, I can get the most understanding one time, and the tough s*** attitude the next time.

Mark
MSPA Gold Shopper and Professional Merchandiser.
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1695 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2011 :  10:55:49 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Well so far I got call for POS placement at a drug store. It involves changing a sign and taking a pic. I got 3 of those to do .... all 3 bonussed. I also took a permanent job doing these at the drugstore down the street from me. Sounds easy enough.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2011 :  2:38:17 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My son's work is doing the balloons and the Sony @ DG, both of those are rather regular, but the other work seems sporatic. One job has changed on the dates at least 4 times so far.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1695 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2011 :  2:43:44 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I wanted to do the blind theatre check but am sick with a sinus infection. The theatre checks sound easy and fun. Can your son do those, Marla? He can take you to the movies.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2011 :  3:20:49 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
He does the trailer checks, but doesn't do the blind checks. He did do a couple, but he doesn't have the extra money to pay for the tickets and then wait for a month or more to get reimbursed.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Kendra Lee

Mobile, AL
USA
10 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2011 :  2:26:29 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Did any one else get dropped for not filling out a survey that you never received? I have worked these certain stores for two years and they just dropped my stores because they said I did not fill out a survey they I tried to explain that I never got!! Boy this company takes the cake you do your jobs on time for the little pay and this is how they treat you.

Kendra
Go to Top of Page

SandiA
Star Contributor

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2011 :  07:11:05 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I never saw one. What was the survey about?

SandiA
Celebrating 14 Years in the Biz!
MSPA Gold Certified since 2003
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2011 :  07:19:22 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
If the "survey" was the FD air time card inventory, it pops up every time you log in for several days in a row. You have the option of filling it out, postponing it 'til the next login, or declining (which will cancel all your assignments!). These came 2 weeks ago for me. If you postpone it too many days it disappears.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 81 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.33 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums