Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Merchandising & Demo
 Feedback Requested: Certified Marketing Services (CMS) (2)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 81

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2845 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2011 :  2:25:37 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
There has been several surveys, besides the FD phone cards. I've seen one about 'if you have storage for large packages' and when you were to do resets, as far as what day.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Kendra Lee

Mobile, AL
USA
10 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2011 :  6:32:44 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yes I got the one about the DG DVD lshipping large boxes to your home, but the one they removed my FD stores for never popped up like they have always done before.

Oh I know what they are talking about I have filled it out many times before, but for some reason I did not get it at all this time and I signed in almost everyday looking at the job board. There must have been some type of clitch but they want even talk to me about it so I am done with them. I did 149 jobs for them last year!!

Kendra
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2845 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2011 :  12:59:47 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They don't like to admit that they MAY have done something wrong. You're probably better off without them.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1708 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2011 :  2:36:08 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
So far I have taken every job they offered. The jobs are very easy and pay is ok with me. What I do like the most is most of the jobs are in my hometown or closeby.
Go to Top of Page

Marjorie Powell
Valued Contributor

New Orleans, LA
USA
111 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2011 :  08:59:41 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I agree with Marla. They will never admit that they made an error or they computer system made an error. They are very quick to tell the merchandiser that an error was made by them though. You are definately better off without them. There are to many companies out there that pay better, less work, are available it you need assistance and know how to treat the merchandiser. I worked for them for over 2 years and did on an average of 60 jobs a month. I gave them up because of the way they treat their merchandisers and would never work them again or recommend them to anyone. They are however a good stepping stone for anyone who doesn't have experience and wants to get into merchandising and resets.
Go to Top of Page

Larry Estep

Rantoul, IL
USA
39 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2011 :  6:42:06 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Did anyone else notice the job for Menards in a couple of weeks to "sweep the store for all SPHE product" and "prepare fixture for pickup". Looks like they are losing the Sony project in Menards. I was told that a new vendor is coming in to do DVD product. I wonder who?

Larry
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2011 :  9:06:31 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
What Marjorie said.

But one would think that since Certified/MF expects perfection and promptness, they would establish some rewards of some type for their loyal merchandisers. Like maybe if a merch completes so many jobs for them accurately and on time, the merch would be advanced a tier to receive more pay per job, advance notice of jobs, etc. Maybe like Trendsource's star program.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2845 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2011 :  04:54:22 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Larry, I didn't see that job at Menards, of course, I don't do the Menards in this area, the gentleman has been doing the same job for years.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1708 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2011 :  4:44:44 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I went to do a Net10 project and the store had already done it. I was soooooo glad. I took pics, answered all questions, got the manager's name and left.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2845 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2011 :  11:23:23 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Most of their work is simple like that, especially if it's listed as 'easy'. Only bad things about them are the low paid (unless you can bundle it with other work) and a few people with attitude in the office settings. I don't work for them any longer, but my son does.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2011 :  6:48:30 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Marts in my area usually do the resets w/o waiting for the merchandiser too, but usually get the setup wrong. Takes me just as long to re-do it as it would to have done it all myself.

Did my Net10 to POG, but when done the dept mgr said it wasn't right according to her POG, so I had to make changes to her satisfaction. 2 hours+ in the store.
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1708 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2011 :  07:44:32 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
When do they pay?
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2845 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2011 :  7:15:34 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
when they want to. If you have direct deposit, you get alittle quicker. Son's last DD was March 4, for work thru 2/25. Before that was 2/17 for work prior to 2/10. But you will never know an exact date, only after they post it on the payment information link. You also are not to ask about any payment for work done less than 6 weeks prior. This is one of the worst things for them.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2011 :  8:03:56 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Marla is partially correct. They cut payroll on 1st and 16th, or a few days after.... for jobs completed and approved. Some programs carry over to next pay cycle waiting on approval. Direct deposit usually arrives 3-5 days later, mailed checks a few days after that.

However, if you ask them they say that official policy is to pay within 90 days of job date. (?!) The "pay inquiry" link says not to contact them about incorrect pay until after 6 weeks, but they actually respond (slowly) if you inquire anytime after you receive the DD or check. Been this way since I started working for them.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2845 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2011 :  3:39:05 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Over the past 4 years, their paydays have been sporadic to say the least. A few times we were lucky to get paid every 3 weeks, so the 1st and 16th are not reliable. Don't count on getting paid, until you see it. And also watch the amounts, because there has been several times that you get paid some, but not all that is promised until 1-3 pay periods later.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Kendra Lee

Mobile, AL
USA
10 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2011 :  6:35:55 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
If they tell you there is a bonus you better keep the email! several times they would pay the regular amount and you would have to "remind" them of the bonus. I will have to say that in the past couple of months they were paying pretty regular and pretty quick.

Kendra
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2845 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2011 :  06:10:57 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Just checked into son's account. Found a survey asking about a drill and bit for concrete. Do they realize what type of drill and bit this would take to do the drilling correctly? It takes a hammer drill, $100 min, and bits of $2-10 min depending upon size. And what do you thing they will want to pay? Nothing near what it's worth. My hubby has done this in the past. If you buy anything cheaper, it might last the job but not much else. The bits may only do 1-2 holes especially if you hit some steel rebar, and then the bit is finished and time for another bit.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2011 :  07:46:19 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Saw the same survey. Evidently the client is planning a display install that requires mounting to a solid wall with sets or lags. Survey said "cement or brick", not concrete, so drilling would be easy... a quality HD cordless would do it and masonry bits are affordable.
But their minimum wage pay would not be adequate for something like this.
Go to Top of Page

Angela Harrington

mid-michigan, MI
USA
43 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2011 :  12:40:50 PM  Visit Angela Harrington's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Re: Drill question. I answered yes but I'm seriously hoping I have a chance to "not accept" it. Truely not going to pay me enough to do it. I also received the same survey a few months ago but this was for a home improvement store... hmmm, does have me curious?
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2845 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2011 :  12:43:12 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
You still would need the same type of drill and bits, just maybe not as deep (unless you hit a mortar joint). I don't think they will pay enough for that type of work.

Marla
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 81 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.42 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums