Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Merchandising & Demo
 Feedback Requested: Certified Marketing Services (CMS) (2)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 81

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1711 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2011 :  10:59:24 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
"DO NOT SUBMIT A PAYMENT INQUIRY FOR ASSIGNMENTS COMPLETED LESS THAN 6 WEEKS AGO!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I guess I better wait a while. geesh .. 6 weeks is a while to wait for this little amount of money. At least it is local and work is easy.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2848 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2011 :  3:14:21 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
once you get started the money will be regular if you're working regularly

DD posted today for work done prior to 3/10 for my son.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

DavidCar
Valued Contributor

Charlotte, North Carolina
USA
114 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2011 :  6:03:06 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was amazed that I was paid today for work that was done on 3/14. I guess a miracle can happen with this company.

On another note, I received that pesky survey again today about home card inventory. I filled this out over 3 weeks ago and soon after received a box of cards from the card company. I clicked on 2 boxes in the survey...the 'unperm' from these assignments and confirm my answer. What a relief!
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2848 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2011 :  7:48:11 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
son has so many, he just keeps about 20-25 and enters the amount, and does not get any more cards. His store recycles the cards as directed, so therefore doesn't need more.

the surveys are pesky, and are sent out for FD either monthly or bi-monthly.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1711 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2011 :  07:47:23 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did fill out for DD but it does not ask name of the bank. ?? Anywho I found the link to see I am getting my pay soon. Woohoo! Still keeping my fingers crossed to do a movie check in my hometown.
Go to Top of Page

Dawnann

USA
37 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2011 :  07:52:07 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Can someone tell me what the movie assignments are like? I always see lots of them in my area but I'm leary about accepting them. Is there a lot of paperwork, and do you think they pay well?
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1711 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2011 :  08:47:31 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
All I know is they have different types.... the pay for blind checks is they pay per show so you stay for both shows & count the people watching the movie. They pay for the cost of the movie and the fee. I am not sure what the fee is. Maybe others that have done these can help you more.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2848 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2011 :  4:46:28 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
barb, the routing number tells the name of your bank. It also takes a couple of pay period before the DD kicks in. Son had to wait longer, until he spoke to someone and threaten to quit unless they got their act together.

blind checks fee depends upon the area, and how many screens/shows there are per day. My son did 2, took over 12 hrs and made $40-45 plus the ticket prices. Not my idea of making money, but I suppose that if you lived next door to the theatre it would work.

Trailer checks take about 1/2-1 hr per screen and what I've seen lately for first shows pay $10 for first screen and $2 for additional. Anytime checks pay less.Take a small flashlight, because you will be writing in the dark.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1711 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2011 :  5:20:50 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Marla, thanks for the info... I had no idea. I am looking foward to getting DD.
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1711 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2011 :  06:58:17 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Drat, they sent me a message saying there is a theatre assignment in my town but I did a search and no theatre checks are on the board. It may be gone. Drat. I took 2 more F$'s to do.
Go to Top of Page

TerryCorsello
Contributor

Rochester Hills, Mi
USA
81 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2011 :  08:24:45 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am hoping Certified will be posting the summer theatrical schedule soon! Any word on that yet?

Silver Certified in Rochester Hills, Mi... I Love audits!! Send me more!
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2848 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2011 :  3:02:50 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've never counted on their schedules for my area, so I don't even look any more.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1711 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2011 :  06:07:37 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I called about the theatre project. I got 4 emails dated 3/28 and 3/29 about this assignment but it was last week.
Go to Top of Page

DianneTMiller
Contributor

Edgewood, MD
USA
62 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2011 :  2:06:29 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
In reply to what movie assignments are like with CMS, there are several types of assignments. I have done at least 4 different types:

1) trailer checks - which you are ONLY allowed to go in, check the trailers at the very beginning of the film PRIOR to film starting and other theater related ads

2) pre-show ad checks - which asks what is shown prior to the film and inclusive of local ads for the area you are in. Again, you must depart film prior to it starting.

In both instances above, you may be required to phone CMS prior to and/or upon exiting the assignment. So many people take the assignments and do not complete them.

3) theater checks - which asks to perform patron counts, age, sex, capacity of theater, how filled theater is at various points, price checks for concessions and film, ads in hallways (halls, entrance, walls, windows, etc), etc, etc. And again, in you are to depart the film/theater and not view any films.

4) Surveys - which you survey clients exiting films. They could be paid or not. This one is a Fri, Sat & Sun job. Sometimes Thurs too but rarely.

In all cases there's a lot of paperwork to be completed and entered online. Some movie assignments require mailed in reports in addition to what's submitted online as hard proof. You will not get paid for partial completions if it is on your end. If a theater manager refuses you entrance, you have to get his/her name and number to report and you must call CMS with this info.

Hope this helps. If you need more info., let me know. Been there about 2 years off and on. I off right now as gas is too high.
Go to Top of Page

Gretta
Star Contributor

Jacksonville, NC
USA
1566 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2011 :  12:47:50 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
There are also standee assignments where you build the standee. I have not done them, but I do see them on occassion. I worked at a theater about 15 years ago and did standees at that time, it's not something I particularly want to do.
I've also done the trailer checks. Some you have to call in, others you do not. Also some of these are first show requirements and some are any show, but always must check each screen the movie is playing on.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2848 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2011 :  06:14:08 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My son enjoys doing the standees, especially at 1 place. They have someone that also enjoys doing the difficult ones, but needs an extra set of hands. They work together well. Some of them are really just stand up puzzles, with lots of little parts.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

DianneTMiller
Contributor

Edgewood, MD
USA
62 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2011 :  10:34:02 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
How could I forget about the dreaded standees. Man, the Hot Tub Time Machine one was as awful as How to Train Your Dragon. At any rate, I will never do those again either. Last one I did was at the MS Polar Bear Plunge event where it was 20 and seemingly below outside and snowing. Multiple Sclerosis is a great cause but... sorry.
Go to Top of Page

Gretta
Star Contributor

Jacksonville, NC
USA
1566 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2011 :  11:43:14 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just remember a standee that took 5 of us to put together. I do not remember which movie that one was for, but it was a pain. There were many that were much easier. Just don't want something like that one to show up and not have anyone to help.
Go to Top of Page

DianneTMiller
Contributor

Edgewood, MD
USA
62 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2011 :  4:01:25 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Gretta, you ever see standee done horribly wrong? I have and took a photo of it. It was WILD to say the least. And it was Hot Tub Time Machine too. I think I've completed about 20 and it was fun at first but become cumbersome after that snow event. I stopped right there and have not looked back. Can not believe you had one where 5 people was on it. WOW
Go to Top of Page

Gretta
Star Contributor

Jacksonville, NC
USA
1566 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2011 :  6:23:10 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have and they are good for a laugh.

Yeah, it was about 15 or so years ago and I remember it was huge and complicated. We had 3 of us holding different ends together while the other two people (one of which was our GM) put the sides and top together. Oh and it had no instructions at all with it.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 81 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.28 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums