Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Merchandising & Demo
 Feedback Requested: Certified Marketing Services (CMS) (2)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 81

DianneTMiller
Contributor

Edgewood, MD
USA
62 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2011 :  7:26:17 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Gotta love the no instructions standees or any work for that matter. Well take care and see you around here somewhere Gretta. Good luck in all you are doing!!
Go to Top of Page

SandiA
Star Contributor

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2011 :  09:31:33 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DTMiller

In reply to what movie assignments are like with CMS, there are several types of assignments. I have done at least 4 different types:

1) trailer checks - which you are ONLY allowed to go in, check the trailers at the very beginning of the film PRIOR to film starting and other theater related ads

2) pre-show ad checks - which asks what is shown prior to the film and inclusive of local ads for the area you are in. Again, you must depart film prior to it starting.

In both instances above, you may be required to phone CMS prior to and/or upon exiting the assignment. So many people take the assignments and do not complete them.

3) theater checks - which asks to perform patron counts, age, sex, capacity of theater, how filled theater is at various points, price checks for concessions and film, ads in hallways (halls, entrance, walls, windows, etc), etc, etc. And again, in you are to depart the film/theater and not view any films.

4) Surveys - which you survey clients exiting films. They could be paid or not. This one is a Fri, Sat & Sun job. Sometimes Thurs too but rarely.

There is one more: It's a covert check where they pay you a flat fee to check for ads around the theater and during the pre-show. You have to buy a ticket to ANY movie, so you CAN stay for it. (However, it is difficult to covertly write down what is on the LEN monitors when they're mounted right over the concession stand with all of the managers behind the counter!)

I'm surprised to hear you write that people do not complete the assignments--because they have to call in? Why is that a problem? I've done first show checks and have been told that I can enter the info online if they don't answer right away, but they've changed something and have been really good lately.

As far as the standees go, the theater I work at has a policy to construct theirs right away. I'll take the jobs knowing that I only have to confirm it. Easy money!

Any thoughts on being deactivated by them like their parent company does?

SandiA
Celebrating 14 Years in the Biz!
MSPA Gold Certified since 2003
Go to Top of Page

DianneTMiller
Contributor

Edgewood, MD
USA
62 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2011 :  11:12:15 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Never remembered the covert opps as I never did them Sandi. *laughs*

Yes, I was called on several occasions to handle issues where people did not do several jobs, not just theater assignments. I was working loads for them and half of my work in MY area, Southern MD to Cecil County was not getting done. It wasn't about having to call in, it's a location issue I presume.

I didn't know about being deactivated. I'm still there but haven't done a job in months, many. Maybe I better go check as I might be kicked off the CMS island.
Go to Top of Page

Gretta
Star Contributor

Jacksonville, NC
USA
1566 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2011 :  12:53:24 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've been surprised the last two times I did first time trailer checks and someone actually answered the phone. I've also entered those on line on several occasions.

No idea on the deactivation, as I've haven't had any issues. I also do not do reoccurring jobs and of the other jobs trailer checks are most commonly what I do. There are a few easier jobs I'll also do at WalMart and/or Target, but those depend on what they want done.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2848 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2011 :  1:32:13 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sandi, they will deactivate you in a heart beat if they think it's warranted. They don't have to say anything to you either. I was deactivated for reporting 1 store closed at that location, by mistake, I clicked on the wrong location. I didn't even know I was deactivated until I went to enter more assignments. A $3 mistake costs me my entire income with them. There was no explaining that could correct it, no matter how high I went up the ladder.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

DianneTMiller
Contributor

Edgewood, MD
USA
62 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2011 :  07:00:47 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm with you Gretta. I did do some reoccurring early on if it was a $$ maker but not much after that.

Marla - again, had no idea about deactivation. So you can never go back to do assignments for them?? I checked and I'm still listed. I looked for some things in my area. Nothing I really want to do having NAM and WIS.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2848 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2011 :  1:55:26 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They wouldn't re-activate me.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Sue A
Star Contributor

USA
468 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2011 :  5:49:16 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They wouldn't reacivate me neither.

Sue A
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

SandiA
Star Contributor

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2011 :  8:46:52 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Marla--Thanks for the advice. I was hoping they'd keep the same pre-MF attitude. I'm on egg shells now!

SandiA
Celebrating 14 Years in the Biz!
MSPA Gold Certified since 2003
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2848 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2011 :  05:50:33 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
This was the same attitude as before MF.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

TerryCorsello
Contributor

Rochester Hills, Mi
USA
81 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2011 :  10:17:52 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It seems like the trailers have dried up this month! I love the trailers. Also, they posted the summer schedule.

Silver Certified in Rochester Hills, Mi... I Love audits!! Send me more!
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1709 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2011 :  08:36:08 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have a box of brochures, calling cards etc. from a FamilyDdollar assortment project. Another person had already done my 4 F$'s before I got there. What do I do with all of this stuff?
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2848 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2011 :  10:55:53 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Report it, if you went and checked, the brochures and such could be older ones. Make sure that the assignment is still on your schedule. If so, you did right, someone else did it wrong. Keep the stuff, you may need it in the future, plus CM will want to know how many cards you have, it's part of your assignment to keep track.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Angela Harrington

mid-michigan, MI
USA
43 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2011 :  3:46:02 PM  Visit Angela Harrington's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Any news when the FD screens will open? I received an email yesterday reminding me that this job has started. Yeah I know, I'd like to report sometime soon, before I forget.
Go to Top of Page

Laura_In_Az
Star Contributor

Tucson, AZ
USA
307 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2011 :  8:29:37 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Did anyone else get a ROBO call re going back into stores to put up the CD's from the reset? I did my stores on Monday. Today is Thursday. I went back into one store and -no surprise-FedEx picked up my returns on Tuesday so I couldn't put back the stores's CD's.
Go to Top of Page

Larry Estep

Rantoul, IL
USA
39 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2011 :  10:12:55 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
yeah and the part that they didn't tell the reps is that if you went back to the store and the CD's had already been shipped back they won't pay the $5 re-visit fee. where in the instructions do they think it said "box up and hold the CD's until sometime later?" Obviously if you processed the return then Fed Ex has already picked them up.

Larry
Go to Top of Page

MaryRod
Star Contributor

El Centro, CA
USA
542 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2011 :  06:36:31 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Gee, I missed an open check for three days this past weekend. Could it have been the Easter Sunday weekend? I've checked many states in their web site and nothings listed so "Most everyone, you're not issing a thing." I found only a few in CA and AZ, I should jump for the opportunity on a trailer check since I'm the only one having this opportunity and be greatful I do have this choice. As no other state has(that I've checked}an offer for an opportunity as this. First showing on each screen for the FAST FIVE and there's three screens. It'll be a rush job for me, Soon as the movie starts RUN to the next one starting previews the same moment this movie started..first showing's at 11:45 second at 12:15 third at 1:15...

I'm always very careful choosing assignments each one can deactivate ME,for any reason. I've experienced it too!!.....I been lucky with a few employees there one of them (Supervisor) reactivated me. I received a call for an assignment, I explained I didn't have enough money to complete a blind theatre check and pay for tickets all day. I was deactivated and couldn't work for them again, well he changed that.....Time heals mistakes too....over a years time...or two...etc..

For all the states above this posting there nothing except for AZ.

~~ Please consider the environment before printing unnecessary pages.~~
~*~Mary~*~
Go to Top of Page

MaryRod
Star Contributor

El Centro, CA
USA
542 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2011 :  07:02:42 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
A lot, LOT of jobs were just added in CA since I just posted a few minutes ago, so you may just check your state for just posted opportunities.

~~ Please consider the environment before printing unnecessary pages.~~
~*~Mary~*~
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2848 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2011 :  1:40:36 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My husband signed up and requested 1 job. He just starting out in merchandising. Within 24 hours, he was deactivated. No call, no explanation and never had the chance to work.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

BlueAbe
Star Contributor

Mid-Central, Ohio
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2011 :  06:55:29 AM  Visit BlueAbe's Homepage  Send BlueAbe an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
You'll notice if an issue comes up, they'll call a couple times a day leaving messages, and keep e-mailing you, expecting an immediate response..But if you have an issue and try to get a hold of them, you get voice mails. If you e-mail them about something, it'll take the guy in human resources about 2 months to get back with you and gives some "form" response that doesn't even address the actual issue. I responded to that e-mail with more questions, and details about the exact issue about a month ago. Still waiting for a response from them from that e-mail last month.

Gold certified since the beginning. Merchandising, Mystery shopping, & Court Research throughout Mid-Central Ohio.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 81 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.31 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums