Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Merchandising & Demo
 Feedback Requested: Certified Marketing Services (CMS) (2)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 81

Gayle R
Star Contributor

Eastern Shore, VA
USA
1396 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2009 :  7:56:10 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My DVD screens are not ready but no message informing me of that. I'll just add them top tomorrow night's reports. Not a biggie for me. I just noticed today that some movies of the same title have different prices on them ($6 & $8) At first I thought the $6 ones came from that carboard display they have in the stores but when I turned them over they don't say "pre-recorded" Or whatever it is those say. I think only the $10 prices got changed to $8 about a momth ago, right? I was on medical leave so I didn't actually make the changes. If I was buying this particular movie I would certainly pick up the one marked $6. On the form the last couple of visits thry have asked how many items remained priced "incorrectly" at $10 & then sent me a grand total of 5 new price labels in 2 seperate mailings. I used those up today & still didn'r hyave enough & I have another store that needs some My fill in put some of them on DVDs at the wrong stores & I that is why I am short.. Then in one of my store they had pre-recorded & the ones on the rack priced the same for a couple of titles.

Gayle
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2009 :  8:46:41 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Say !!! You're right! My smaller store is not ready. The other one is. I planned to go today. It just didn't work out. I knocked out the cheap seats instead. Trouble was one of the cheap seats was occuppied by a bear.
"That's what happens when you wrestle bears. Sometimes you get the bear. Sometimes the bear gets you." (A Different World)
20 minutes became 2:50 and I do not mean minutes! Somebody before me was not paying attention. I'd like to tell her to play with somebody else's dolls.

Jeff Hix
Serving metro Omaha, Nebraska including Bellevue, Papillion, La Vista, Ralston, Plattsmouth and Council Bluffs, Iowa.
MSPA Silver Certified - MSPA Gold Certified - NARMS Proficiency Test PASSED
Go to Top of Page

Jonathan B.
Star Contributor

Smyrna, Tennessee
USA
469 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2009 :  9:20:34 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did 10 assignments today but was only able to enter one. It was kind of a nice surprise since I'll have more time tomorrow evening.

Pay was posted on the website today. . .still no pay for the fast food audits, at least not for me. Guess I'll wait til the 6 weeks is up and then do a pay inquiry. Plus I also noticed I was missing pay for 3 Harris Teeter DVD assignments. This must not be my month for pay to go right.

Jonathan B.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2009 :  04:21:39 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My dvd assignments were not ready yesterday, nor this morning. I got 3 done yesterday and 1 to do today. My stores have $6, $8, and $10 movies on my rack. All with white labels marked SPHE. The DG also have the same movies for less, BUT they are 'previewed' movies. Otherwise, the movies were opened and returned for some reason, then they got 'cleaned' up and repackaged to be sold.

I just checked, I got a paycheck yesterday and today. Unfortunately I can't tell yet, what jobs the checks were for. I know I had a problem on the fastfood job, due to not having enough pictures.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Gayle R
Star Contributor

Eastern Shore, VA
USA
1396 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2009 :  9:21:27 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have the $6, $8 & $10 prices also and the add'l previewed movies in the "box" on the floor. What I was refering to was the movies that we service on the inline shelves. There are a couple of titles that are marked different prices for the same title & it's not a matter of the $10 sticker being replaced properly. The movies I noticed for the first time yesterday are marked $6 & $8 for the same title on the inline shelves. (not the pre-viewed ones) Can't figure out why. Doesn't really matter to me, just curious.

Gayle
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2009 :  9:49:45 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
My DG is a different story. I went for the first time four weeks ago. Somebody beat me to it two weeks ago. I took over perm today. The items marked $10. still scan at $10 as of dinner time. The other person put out or stickered some $6s. They are mixed on the inline, but all prices are uniform per title. I have no $8s, but the paperwork indicates they are likely to ship me some $8 stickers to cover the $10s. I may have goofed, but I ordered a few extra stickers in case "Murphy" bumps my elbow.
AFAIK, there are no other goodies for me to mess with. They do have other titles from other vendors in cardboard.

UPDATE: I tried to enter the report to get the $8.00 stickers. The computer says I can't have any!! My store didn't get any 8 allocation.

A few replacements had staycation stickers. go figure. Only thing I can figure would be they were shipped in time to put them out if it were a weekly stop.

In and out in 15 minutes ... COOL! ... NOT, due to the register needing an extra hand, I stood around for another half hour for the mgr sig and exit report to the mgr. (Oh ... that's another thread.)

Jeff Hix
Serving metro Omaha, Nebraska including Bellevue, Papillion, La Vista, Ralston, Plattsmouth and Council Bluffs, Iowa.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2009 :  03:56:28 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Not all of my DG stores have reduced the $10 dvds to $8. I, also, ordered extra stickers. Before I change any stickers, I have the store check the prices within their system. All of my racks have $6 dvds.

I've been doing some of the stores since the beginning, so if it's a truck day or the mgr is busy, I just get them to sign sometime during the visit. I have built a trusting relationship with them.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Winona
Valued Contributor

Huntsville, AL
USA
106 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2009 :  07:37:15 AM  Visit Winona's Homepage  Send Winona an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
My DGs also have those cardboard bins with prev viewed movies with yellow price labels. A few of those movies always end up on the Sony racks, sometimes it's a dozen or so, but no big deal. Until yesterday.... OMGoodness!

Get to the last store of the day, and someone had taken ALL the movies from the cardboard bin & shoved the 100 or so of them into the Sony spinner AND mixed up the SPHE movies as well It was so bad I couldn't even tell which was side 1 after pulling the other movies!

I reset rack, explained to Mgr on duty the differences (these are prev viewed, have yellow stickers, your store owns them vs these are new, have white SPHE stickers & are pay on scan) and showed her where POG is kept on rack. She could not locate the cardboard bin for the other movies, so they were left in a cart. Wonder where they'll be in 2 weeks?

I spoke with someone at Certified and suggested this mixing of movies could be something that should be addressed with all stores (perhaps a memo we could deliver), but she didn't seem interested ...

Winona
Servicing north Huntsville, Harvest, Toney, Meridianville, Hazel Green, New Market, AL as well as Ardmore & Fayetteville, TN
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2009 :  08:24:25 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have a feeling that some of the managers/associates will think that they will reduce the amount of floor space used, IF they put ALL the videos together. Bad for us, but those cardboard bins will probably disappear when that happens. I'm just glad the stickers are different colors, colors make it easier and faster to tell the difference.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Gayle R
Star Contributor

Eastern Shore, VA
USA
1396 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2009 :  7:18:09 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My store does the opposite. I think they are opening & putting the new DVDs in the carboard bin with the pre-views. A couple of my stores yesrterday had over a dozen regular DVDs in the box with the pre-viewed. I find only one or two of the pre-viewed on the inline rack. Probably just stuck there by a customer that changed their mind or a sales clerk picked them uo from somewhere else in the store & put them there.

Gayle
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2009 :  7:48:41 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Check your assignments pending. Some eager beaver set me up for the next few weeks. I found a location changed from bi-weekly to weekly. I wish they would send me an email when they do that! I left them a message. They confirmed the change is correct.

Jeff Hix
Go to Top of Page

Laura_In_Az
Star Contributor

Tucson, AZ
USA
307 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2009 :  8:50:38 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My situation is even better. I had a store assignment that was supposed to start 10/12. It disappeared from my assignments page last week. Today, I check my HISTORY (that is, jobs done) and I see that my 10/12 store was completed on 10/16. Today is 10/7. I must be a SUPERSTAR merchandiser-one who can travel forward in time and complete jobs before they are even available to do!
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2009 :  9:56:40 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Laura_In_Az

IT is using your account to test the reporting process. See my comments on a previous page in this thread. In theory, your assignment should be back as assigned by the time it is due.
I had one DVD location that was not back until the next day.
Where is the Enterprise when you need time travel transportation?

Jeff Hix
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2009 :  03:58:40 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
On your history, I noticed that it's not a completed date, but a due date. That might help you with the time travel. I can't wait for Enterprise to offer that, do you think they can add the option for 'being in 2 places at the same time'?

Marla
Go to Top of Page

BarbaraF
Contributor

Fruita, CO
USA
82 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2009 :  05:24:17 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Jeff,

I have come to the conclusion that you watch all the same movies/shows I do.

If Dexter doesn't get some sleep soon, I'm sure there will be disaster.

My DG was super easy too. But it's currently a weekly visit. I think they are just scoping out what sales might be like. I'm excited to see.

Barbara
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2009 :  06:33:49 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Barbara, my DGs were weekly for the first 6-8 weeks, then they changed to bi-weekly. It helps the store out til they get used to doing something else. All of my stores go ahead and place the dvds when the boxes come in, except those boxes that say 'hold for merchandiser, changeout'.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

CariTX
Valued Contributor

Plano, TX
USA
201 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2009 :  11:51:34 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anyone done the TV/poster audits in the medical waiting rooms? Or is this a new project? I haven't seen it before.

I just applied for a bunch and would like to know if it's as easy as it sounds. The training video led me to believe it was fairly straightforward. Thanks!

MSPA GOLD Certified gdhls4. Happily shopping and merchandising in North Texas
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2009 :  12:29:09 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
It's time (READ INSTRUCTIONS: xx minutes minmum) consuming considering the pay offered here. Add in the value for the digital photographs. I've seen it slightly higher here. Note: Today, they are now offered at the higher rate. I have one up the street and two close to each other in a town 10 miles up and over the river. I often try something like these new to me things so I have a clue. I have no word if I passed the test.
I'll probably pass on taking these assignments in the future.
I can make more with a DVD or SAM visit with fewer hassles. If I'm lucky, I can do both in the time those two visits take and have enough left over to buy a cheap lunch including the time.

Jeff Hix
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2009 :  2:46:49 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
the TV audit has been around for over a year, before that I don't know. I've never done them, not enough money for 30 min on location plus drive time and expenses, for me.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Winona
Valued Contributor

Huntsville, AL
USA
106 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2009 :  2:58:09 PM  Visit Winona's Homepage  Send Winona an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sounds like a project that was offered last year. I visited 6 or 7 locations that were near to each other and was in and out of each one in under 15 minutes. If I remember correctly, photos were required only if TV was not working. It could be different now.

quote:
Originally posted by CariTX

Has anyone done the TV/poster audits in the medical waiting rooms? Or is this a new project? I haven't seen it before.

I just applied for a bunch and would like to know if it's as easy as it sounds. The training video led me to believe it was fairly straightforward. Thanks!

Winona
Servicing north Huntsville, Harvest, Toney, Meridianville, Hazel Green, New Market, AL as well as Ardmore & Fayetteville, TN
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 81 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.33 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums