Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Merchandising & Demo
 Feedback Requested: Certified Marketing Services (CMS) (2)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 81

ActorMichael
Valued Contributor

USA
145 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2011 :  12:04:01 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Last time I did it was in 2005. So they are paying less now than six years ago.

Michael
Go to Top of Page

CHOwen
Valued Contributor

North Greenbush, NY
USA
128 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2011 :  2:11:53 PM  Visit CHOwen's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
There are many different kinds of theatre assignments,and the pay is also different. For trailer checks (and there are different kinds of trailer checks!), the first screen checked is one rate, and each additional screen is generally a different rate. For ad checks, there might be a lobby check included, so the rate would reflect that. For blind checks, the rate is per showtime plus ticket reibursement. For open checks, the rate is either per showtime, or per matinee and evening. There are even more kinds of checks or combination of checks, and it all depends upon the type of assignment.

Chris Owen
Market Force Information
Go to Top of Page

SandiA
Star Contributor

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2011 :  10:48:27 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ActorMichael

If you did three screens it was at least $30 in less than a hour of time.

From my experience, that would only happen if you checked 3 different movies. (And that has happened to me over the years!)

SandiA
Celebrating 14 Years in the Biz!
MSPA Gold Certified since 2003
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2011 :  1:10:21 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Anyone else find it skunky that the company is using scare tactics to get us to "bid down" our perm rates for the discount store movie jobs, in order to keep the perms?
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2848 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2011 :  5:12:46 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My son's amount is more than .75, but he can't bid his normal rate because it is not either .25, .50. .75, or .00.

Yes it is bad, especially when the gas price is as high as it is.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

JonK
Contributor

AL
USA
87 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2011 :  3:37:32 PM  Visit JonK's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Dar - I used the opportunity to list a higher amount on those shops where I feel I am being underpaid. I know, that's totally the opposite of what they wanted. Still, who would be willing to work for $6 for an hour of work - significantly less than minimum wage - when it must cost at least a few dollars in gas for most merchandisers just to get to the store.

This company is just getting worse and worse.

Jon
Shopping all of Alabama, Mississippi, Florida panhandle, most of Tennessee, western Georgia and anywhere else where there's opportunity!
Go to Top of Page

.AnnieWulf
Inactive

USA
70 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2011 :  5:02:03 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dar-L

Anyone else find it skunky that the company is using scare tactics to get us to "bid down" our perm rates for the discount store movie jobs, in order to keep the perms?

I DO think it's very bad form. They did this to me on my grocery store movies. I didn't raise my fees but didn't lower them, either. The store is 22 miles away from my home and I'd been doing it for at least two years without issues! So, they let me know they assigned someone else to it. It wasn't long before they were calling me wanting me to go do the store again. I ever so politely declined.

One of these discount store movie jobs is 50 miles away and I have absolutely no reason to go in that direction to do anything else. I'm wishing I'd upped my bid on that one by $20 bucks. I dread it every time it comes around. What I'm paid now is adequate even when the gas and time (three hours including drive time) but if they assigned it to someone else I really wouldn't mind.

Annie
Go to Top of Page

MindyZ
Star Contributor

Hesperia, CA
USA
514 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2011 :  8:04:15 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
WOW!! After reading these posts I'm soo glad Hubby does the negotiating!!

MindyZ

Mindy
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2848 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2011 :  1:26:03 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My son tried to up his rate, but it would not let him. So he stayed the same on any that he could. Noticed that there is a DG changeout 6/6-7 and all of his stores are included.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

JonK
Contributor

AL
USA
87 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2011 :  05:59:51 AM  Visit JonK's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I logged into CRINY today to find the 19 DG assignments for June 7th had been removed from my account, and they are no longer listed in perm. Does anyone know if Certified moved forward with the bidding process they threatened? I can't imagine someone would work for $6 an hour. It's below minimum wage and gas prices are crazy.

Jon
Shopping all of Alabama, Mississippi, Florida panhandle, most of Tennessee, western Georgia and anywhere else where there's opportunity!
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2011 :  06:38:54 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Jon,
Could it have anything to do with your response to the other survey about completing all DG jobs in the 2 days allowed? 19 assignments in 18 hours is a lot, even if they all are very close together.
I have only 13 locations to do anymore. Due to driving time -mine are spread out all over the countryside- not sure I can get them all done Monday or Tuesday. I called them; they gave me until Wednesday to have all reported.
Go to Top of Page

Nancy_WA

Washington
USA
26 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2011 :  7:36:51 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Can anybody help me figure this one out? Certified has some merchandising assignments available, but when I click on 'review details' to see what the pay rate is, it says "None This is a request program. Not an actual project". Project overview says "This is a Request Program for the potential of future projects". Are they just trying to find out who would be interested? It would be nice to know how much the pay rate would be before expressing interest...
Go to Top of Page

Laura_In_Az
Star Contributor

Tucson, AZ
USA
307 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2011 :  7:46:02 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They have listed a bunch of locations for an upcoming, ongoing program. If you are interested in any of the specific locations on a permanent basis, they want you to select the 'job.' Since there is really no 'job' yet, they are not paying you to select the locations you are interested in. If you are permanently assigned to the stores you requested, once the job is active, you will be assigned it and paid for your time. It would have been nice if they told us what that future job/payment is, but they did not. Hope this explanation helps.
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2011 :  7:54:08 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They always allow you to cancel without penalty if you choose not to take the assignment at that time. Just need to cancel quickly when the job posts on your page, before any shipping starts.
Go to Top of Page

Nancy_WA

Washington
USA
26 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2011 :  8:59:22 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks Laura and Dar, that helps, as I could easily manage quite a few of these, like you said it would be nice to know the rate.
Go to Top of Page

Cathy O
Contributor

Richmond, MI
USA
79 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2011 :  05:52:52 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My Dollar General is removed from my permanent work also. I really don't mind as it was a pain to do inventory on everything, print all those pages and get very little pay. I never heard about the bidding until recently. Not sure what that is all about.

Cathy

Cathy
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2848 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2011 :  11:37:30 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Cathy, from what I understood about the 'bidding' process, if you did not 'bid' you would have probably been removed. Perhaps that's why your stores were removed.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Winona
Valued Contributor

Huntsville, AL
USA
106 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2011 :  1:49:27 PM  Visit Winona's Homepage  Send Winona an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was never informed of any job bidding on Certified' site, but I haven't lost any of my perm stores. I had no idea that they were asking folks to bid on any jobs until I saw these posts.

Winona
Servicing north Huntsville, Harvest, Toney, Meridianville, Hazel Green, New Market, AL as well as Ardmore & Fayetteville, TN
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2848 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2011 :  6:12:51 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My son had to bid on all of his stores. He has all of them scheduled for this next week.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

KaritoWA
Star Contributor

WA
USA
335 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2011 :  7:10:27 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
When you request a permanent assignment, how long does it usually take before you know if you get them? do they call you on the phone or notify you if they are assigned to someone else?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 81 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums